Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / EAImedia "OFFICIAL" TF-341 / Model Pack 53 ***bug reporting and interim fix distribution thread***

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2012 01:20
Quote: "True! But, in Chazene's instance, it was a metal door. Additionally There aren't any bullet holes in the door, so it looks stupid. Besides, the enemies can't see through the door, so how would they know you're there?[img]null"

Well it is my understanding that its a glitch
Quote: "@Chazene

I haven't had time recently to play around with the latest FPS Creator additions so I've forgotten a little of my previous scripting knowledge and such, but I believe you must have two different weapons, for example an M9 and an M4A1, both with dual wielding enabled. Then, equip one of these two weapons, hold Ctrl (could be Shift not so sure), and scroll the mouse wheel (change weapons). This was how it was done in PB, and I think Lee added this into vanilla, but again I'm not sure. Have a play around with that and if you still can't figure it out I'll hop on FPSC and get a more accurate answer for you. "

Thanks! I got it figured out now!!!

Charlie "Chuckles" "Chazene"
JimmySlayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2012 09:20
Quote: "Thanks! I got it figured out now!!!"

What did you end up doing to get it to work? And this is on vanilla yes?
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2012 11:45
I am getting a wierd bug, And not to sure how to fix it. The guy is a bit off the ground. I did try and put him closer to the ground, But that did not work. Anyone else encounter this or know how to fix it?

Screen Atached

======================================
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JimmySlayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2012 12:11
Quote: "Anyone else encounter this or know how to fix it?"

Had a similar problem, try using a different floor segment first, if that doesn't fix it, it could possibly be a script problem? Ask Errant when he makes another post... @Errant AI
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2012 12:36
Well i come to find out it was a trigger zone problem. When i change it to normal spawn at start, He will be on the ground and follow me without problems. But another problem i am having is he wont open doors just goes through them. And he wont go pass the open door entitys. The asylum ones.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2012 12:40 Edited at: 11th Apr 2012 12:54
edit
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Missed your last post... Ahh interesting about the trigger zone and spawning.

You'll need to use autodoors with Dark AI characters like the ones in this pack. The system ignores dynamic entities like doors when calculating pathfinding. The system also requires the door "punch" object to use a certian naming convention for it to be recognized as a doorway. If the door is custom-made it may not be named correctly and as such being ignored by the system.

There has been some talk of adding better recognition of dynamic objects in v1.20 or later but apparently it's a big deal to fix.

Please see: http://code.google.com/p/fpscreatorengine/issues/detail?id=68
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2012 12:57
@Errant AI Thanks for the info, and love your work. I think i will just scrap fpsc all together as it seems problems keep getting worse, And i dont feel like making maps over and over again. I will just import what i can to dbp.

Now to go through all your animations for the setup! hehe

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@GreenDixy- I completely empathise with you on this matter and wish you the greatest of luck.

It's included with the pack, I think but for handiness I've attached the animation list. Might be helpful for you...

Attachments

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2012 14:50
Perfect thank you

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2012 23:56
EAI was wondering if you had a list for the gun animations as well? Thanks m8

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@GreenDixy- There is no master list for weapons because they are different from weapon to weapon. You can find anim ranges in the gunspec files. There may be one or two unlisted animations for things like unsupported transitions but in most cases those are listed but commented out.
kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2012 05:14
Hey Errant, I'm wondering what are you doing with these?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlDoVIH6Y50&list=UUAZYSmPFG8ZTKGDQJ4hhc1g&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hguCXgFzd-A&feature=plcp&context=C441031aVDvjVQa1PpcFOOhcIoJZxxIxo-A1tNdDMRsxGDD_GDBvk=
They look very very good and I just wondering if you are going to release these. Thanks And Have a Great Day

http://technowarfareproductions.webs.com/
get free fpsc media at http://fpscfree.webs.com/
http://i53.tinypic.com/2cp9pbl.gif
ladas51
Years of Service
User Offline
how can you make the characher to flich when you hit him???
JustHaveFun
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm having a serious problem where whichever character model I put
anywhere vibrates at a high speed and dosen't move. No matter what script. Please Help!

I like to make games and stuff...
washburnrover
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Errant, a couple weeks ago, I got the M11 and VZ61 SMG's to use the iron sights without the animation. Can I post the text files (JUST the gunspecs) for people who'd like to just use the ironsight (without the stock pulled out)?

(note: other things were changed slightly, like damage + accuracy, due to the fact i modified the guns for my own game's needs. I still think I took care of the hard part for anyone who would like that )

so, may i post the gunspecs with your permission?

That Big Idea guy that can't find the time...
Soviet000
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey I've got a problem where i can't aim down the sights or melee. I have never touched the scripts and I am unsure what the problem is. The guns can fire properly, though. I'll post a script file up of one of the guns (M4A1 ACOG)
thanks

Attachments

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@kingofmk98- those vids were for R&D. The weapons will likely show up for sale at some point.

@ladas51- Scripting.

@JustHaveFun- What version FPSC are you using? That bug generally only happens in versiont that don't support Dark AI (v1.16 and earlier)

@washburnrover- Sharing edited gunspecs is fine.

@Soviet000- what version FPSC are you using? It sounds like you're using an old version. If you had them working before but lost the fynctionality, try running the bin/dbo cleaner utility.
geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2012 03:41 Edited at: 19th May 2012 13:58
First off, love the pack!

It looks like the floating characters are an actual bug with FPSC not MP53, so hopefully that's resolved soon.

My only question is how do you get the "bloodonfloor" to work with the TF characters? It works fine with any other character I put on the map (modern day, viking pack, etc.) but not with Task Force 341 characters. Is there something I can add to their FPE/FPI scripts to make that work?

Thanks Errant and outstanding work!

EDIT: There is blood on the ground when characters shoot each other (e.g. Team 1 Ally against Team 2 Enemy), but not when the player shoots them. All I've found is the "bloodspurt" line in the TF341_Main_Default.fpi file.
Soviet000
Years of Service
User Offline
im using X9, 1.16. Do I need to update?
As well some scripts don't work (the enemy just stands there, doesn't react to environment)
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2012 04:08 Edited at: 24th May 2012 04:09
@ soviet an update would most deff help you with alot of bugs and problems im not shure if that will fix the blood issue tho just trying to help out! but you are behind about 3 updates

Chazene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2012 02:55
wondering if your going to add any guns?? just curious, id love to see a sniper rifle addition!

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2012 08:38
@Chazene

Quote: "wondering if your going to add any guns?? just curious, id love to see a sniper rifle addition!"

There already is guns lots of them in this pack.

washburnrover
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Errant, possibly off-topic, but do you know how the makers of "Be Gone" imported your guns to Unity engine (they also have the TF-341 characters in it)? Other than a few bugs, they did it very well, and I'd love to use your guns in other engines (i might use 3ds max to raise the poly-count since other engines would allow this).

You're REALLY good at modelling, and I think lower-ing the poly-count is harder because you want the appearance of higher polygons, and I'd love to see what you come up with without such harsh limitations

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for the reply lag guys, been busy...

@Soviet000- You need v1.17 or later for DAI. v1.17 to v1.19 however will still have bugs of one sort or another. Hopefully v1.20 will be solid.

@geistschatten- Characters will bleed on the floor when fighting each other in 1.19 or later. However they won't bleed as readily as legacy characters because of how blood is hardcoded. The issue is that I hated the default blood effect when shot and used a custom decal. Unfortunately, the splatter effects are linked to the default setting. Soooo.... if you want to have normal blood splatters, you will need to revert .FPE settings to the default blood setting like this:

1)Locate the character FPE(s) in files\entitybank\341

2)Open the FPE and (at approx. line 43) change:

decal1 = 341blood

to

decal1 = blood

3)Save the FPE and run BIN/DBO cleaner.

This will make the character use the default blood effect and normal blood behaviour. If you are crafty and prefer the mp53 blood splash effect, you can overwrite the default blood with it. Just be aware that any FPSC update patch will overwrite the change.

I will talk to TGC and see if it might be possible to modify the engine code so that it can recognize other decals as "blood" and treat them accordingly.

@washburnrover- I'm not sure of the exact pipeline used by the BeGone devs to convert the .x to .fbx. However I do know that, over the winter, they contracted me to do custom modifications and setup on several weapons so that they can be modded like MW,BF3,etc. The weapon upgrades haven't been implemented yet but you can see some previews at the following links...
http://begonebrotherhood.forumotion.com/t2128-pistol-m9a1-preview
http://begonebrotherhood.forumotion.com/t2519-shotgun-and-machine-pistol-preview
http://www.nplay.com/forums/topic/11/mp5-with-attachments-preview
http://www.nplay.com/images/m110_1.jpg

I've gradually been pushing the poly counts a little higher and switching to unoptimized 360-degree models so that they can be marketed towards other engines as part of my long-term plan to expand my reach.
geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
@Errant AI

Thank you, that worked perfectly!
washburnrover
Years of Service
User Offline
@Errant
OMG, thats looking EPIC (actually i saw those posts a while back, at first my jaw dropped, lol)

This is looking AAA-fantastic!

Do you think it'll be possible (in any engine, not limited to fpsc) to do a re-animation where after pulling out a used mag, the player looks down at his bandolier belt and grabs a mag and then loads it? That'd be a cool cinematic gameplay feature

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@geistschatten- Good! I'm glad that worked for you.

@washburnrover- Thanks. I look forward to seeing implementation of the new weapons. Contracting for BeGone was one of those rare pleasurable freelance experiences. Proton is a great guy.
Your idea should be possible in any engine that allows you to hijack the player camera during an animation. Assuming you also have a player body or whatever.
Chazene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2012 05:32
@greendixy

lots of them??? theres technically only 6, m249, m4, m4 w/nade launcher, m9, shotgun, and knife. All the different scopes dont count.

@errant al
MP5? i heard u talking about an MP5, are u gonna add it???
P.S. i know all of your other weapons not part of MP53, but is it possible to add silencers to the g36?

roka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2012 12:34 Edited at: 29th May 2012 12:38
Quote: "I'm not sure of the exact pipeline used by the BeGone devs to convert the .x to .fbx. However I do know that, over the winter, they contracted me to do custom modifications and setup on several weapons so that they can be modded like MW,BF3,etc. The weapon upgrades haven't been implemented yet but you can see some previews at the following links...
"

I use your characters and weapons in my unity project "Rush Team" here http://www.asrprogs.net/ or http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rush-Team/313814595359450

For setup your model intro unity , i use Ultimate Unwrap3D Pro for load the .x and then export to FBX.

Another question , can you provide 2 another texture for your TF341 models? like blue and red team?.

Another weapon from you would be cool because all your models are very nice.

If you can do the texture just tell me your price and send me one PM with instructions.

Thank Roka .

Roka The French Boy Rush Team (FPS) Click Here
http://www.asrprogs.net/
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Chazene u can buy errant ai g36 with a silencer on it already in the tgc game store its like 4 bucks well worth it!!!

Chazene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2012 22:35
I KNOW, but i was wondering if its possilbe to do animations where it attaches it.

sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
ohh gotcha that i dont know good luck!!!

That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2012 22:03 Edited at: 5th Jun 2012 22:05
I scrolled through the thread to see if anyone was having the same problem, but I didn't see a screen shot of it...

So, is anyone having this problem?

edit: Adding Specs

AMD Athlon 64 II
Radeon HD 4550
Win 7 64 bit
4G Ram

And Here Is A Penguin:
FPSC OneSource [DeskTop App] - Bringing everything together into one.

Attachments

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@That Guy John That's pretty nasty. Possibly a corrupted .DBO or something. It the problem still persisting for you? This is the first I've seen of it.

@All Just a little update here...
Things are looking pretty stable with v1.20 for the most part and I'm confident it will finally be the patch this pack needs.
I'm currently in the middle of some weapon updates/upgrades to incorporate some of the latest features. Here are some of the highlights...

-M9A1 now uses shared ammo in the magazine for both fire modes. This allows the altfire toggle to be faster as there is no mag-swap. It is now also capable of jamming and has has an animation added for jam clearing. It's a simple and quick "tap and rack" sort of affair. Devs can, of course, modify jamming settings to be more or less reliable.

-M4A1s (without launchers) now have an alternate fire mode which allows semi-automatic fire. The melee animation has been changed to be quicker and less dopey-looking. Jamming and clearing functions have been added as well.

-All Weapons will now utilize a fantastic new shader done up by Uzi Idiot. The new shader allows for proper specular mapping and illumination mapping. This means that optic reticules will now correctly glow in the dark as they ought to! Weapons will also receive lighting from muzzle flash thanks to the new shader.

-The remainder of the weapons (M203s, SAW and Shotgun) will be upgraded as the days go by.

-AI scripts have had some pretty heavy overhauls and are looking stable although devs. still need to be thoughtful in their level designs when accommodating Dark AI. In general, the scripts are more responsive, efficient and purpose-built. Many of the scripts now utilize the voice samples which were provided with the pack. I feel it helps to keep things exciting and allows for the player to have a greater sense of awareness. There have been a couple new AI types added which use streamlined and purpose-built scripts. One for patrolling (waypoints) and another for QRF/reinforcements.

As a heartfelt thank-you for the communities patience with this rough release, I will be including two additional weapons and two additional character types with the update. But you will have to wait to find out what they are.
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2012 22:13
i cant wait i love this pack its one of the main parts to my dbpro project keep it up

Akanto10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2012 01:52
Errant, that's fantastic! I can't wait for the next patch!

Thanks,
Akanto

| Windows 7 Home Premium 64 - Bit | AMD Athlon II X4 630 @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1GB | 6GB DDR3 RAM | 1TB HDD |
geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm very excited to hear there will be another update. It looks like Christmas is coming early this year!
That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 23:34 Edited at: 13th Jun 2012 12:38
@ Errant AI
Yes. I think it may end up being my graphics card.. not sure.
I will tweak with it when I have the chance.

[update] Yes, it is my card...

And Here Is A Penguin:
FPSC OneSource [DeskTop App] - Bringing everything together into one.
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2012 04:41
@Errant AI

I had all my game idea's on hold for this model pack. I was confident that you would come through. I look forward to this upgrade. Regardless of what this upgrade well include or may not include I tip my hat to you.

Dennis

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2012 23:58 Edited at: 15th Jun 2012 00:02
Just a little update...

Got the M203s updated for new shader, better melee attacks and jam clearing (rifle mode). Plan to do some tweaks to the 40mm flakspec so that they don't drop so quickly.

Today, I've been updating the M249 and in the process have been testing faked tracer effects...

I think it turned out pretty decent. What do you guys think?

edit: vid came out contrasty and dark so heres a clearer still image...

@That Guy John - ATI can be a little sketchy with some of the shaders FPSC uses, from what I've heard. Maybe try using a different shader for the player weapons or checking for driver updates?
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2012 00:36
I like the tracer effect looks good so far.

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2012 02:25
Your on a roll.

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
wow amazing work!

roka
Years of Service
User Offline
Errant AI
When you have time check your email box please.

Thank you

Roka The French Boy Rush Team (FPS) Click Here
http://www.asrprogs.net/
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2012 07:23
Looks beautiful

Official LightStorm Engine BETA Tester
/?m=forum_view&t=190541&b=21
washburnrover
Years of Service
User Offline
(1) Man, that tracer's looking great, I've been looking for a tracer-effect/flak for a long time, and i never found any good ones, so i'm very happy you're making one.

(2) In addition (though it's probably to late to add it to the update as an option), but I'd love to use the M4A1 Acog in a similar way to the CCO (not scoping in like it is now, and i'd like to have it brought closer to the player's face than the M4-CCO) idk what to change, any ideas/suggestions?

(3) Also, i noticed the M249 gunspec referencing a scope, will that be added? that'd be awesome!

(4) Finally, is there any way to add attachments to your guns via the .x-files (not just TF341, but MP 9, 10, and your singles from TGC store)? I've got fragmotion, would it be possible to simply attach a new object without having to redo all the animations?

(5) BTW, you've done a fantastic job with all your work. I admire your attention to detail in all your weapon-designs. Keep up the good work dude!

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm glad you guys like the tracer effect. Thanks again to Uzi Idiot's shader work for making it possible! Please keep in mind that the bullet tracer is a faked effect that is part of the weapon model. This mean's that it does not accurately depict where raycast impacts will happen. It simply goes towards the center of the screen. It greatly assists with aiming in hip-fire mode during sustained automatic fire (ideal for games with no crosshair overlay).

Here's another effect using the shader. This time for the shotgun. This is not a tracer effect but rather slow burning bits of gunpowder. Although you'd be more likely to see this happen with a short barreled shotgun I think it looks pretty cool. Helps the weapon look more powerful IMO. The effect only adds 3 mesh groups and 120 additional triangles. I think it's worth it. The three groups scale and spiral giving a nice, fake particle effect.

I'll need to tune it a little more after beta3 is released because beta2 doesn't have an FPS cap and my framerate is too high to reliably see it working in conjunction with the normal muzzleflash.

@roka - Replied.

@washburnrover
1. Thanks. See the top of this post.

2. You should be able adjust the simplezoommod value in gunspec to push the scope away from the camera a little. Likewise, you could edit the gunspec to use the CCO animations and then adjust simplezoommod to bring it closer. Both sets of aiming animations are included and it's as simple as commenting out one set and uncommenting another.
In either case, you will experience a push or pull sensation immediately after toggling to aiming mode because that's when simplesoommod makes its adjustment.
Lastly, be aware that if you push the ACOG out you will see the world on either side of the scope model and it will be magnified the same as through the scope. This looks a bit iffy IMO.

3. I think you're the first person to mention that! Yes, there was also a version with the M145 Machine Gun Optic (MGO) mounted. I didn't include it because I was lazy to make the world models for it and it was a behemoth in player view. However, I've lowered the screen positioning and it will be included in the re-release. (No, it's not one of the extra weapons mentioned in an earlier post). Here's a pic...

4.Using fragmotion, you can easily add accessories to most MP9/10 and GCS weapons by importing the part(s) and linking them to the weapon. I believe Lewis, Toasty Fresh and Bootlicker have all posted good tutorials for doing this. The only dubious thing is with adding optics or accessories with alpha channels because sort-order is easy to mess up.

Devs can also mod the MP53 weapons and the files have been exported in a way to reduce Fragmotion import errors which were common in MP9/10. However, adding accessories to MP53 weapons is more difficult because the hands, weapon and accessories must have their textures on the same sheet or else the shader will not work correctly. If accessorizing MP53 weapons, one must know how to merge textures and adjust UV mapping coords on the meshes. The top-right quadrant of MP53 weapon textures have generally been partitioned for accessories. Some have more unused space than others.

5. Thanks again!
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2012 14:20
Wow these are incredible!

If something compiles on the first try. Something is terribly wrong.
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2012 18:01 Edited at: 16th Jun 2012 18:10
Looks great Errant I'm assuming it's not possible to easily add these cool tracer effects to the MP9/MP10/your store guns then?

EDIT: I just had an idea. If you animated the tracer effects as a separate entity, you could bind it to the player using the new commands, detect when the LMB is being pressed and not reloading, and when the gun is fired, show the tracers and animate them. That way it would work for any gun. You would have to do some playing around to get them to come out at the right location and also decide what to do when the player stops firing (maybe run the animation till the last frame before a new tracer is spawned then hide the entity).

Official LightStorm Engine BETA Tester
/?m=forum_view&t=190541&b=21

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 02:29:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 02:29:35