Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / EAImedia "OFFICIAL" TF-341 / Model Pack 53 ***bug reporting and interim fix distribution thread***

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2011 02:53
Got one more question for you Errant and I will leave you alone for now, do you still plan to make a Spetsnaz version of TF341? If so will it be in the hyper-modern pack? Or will it be just through the GCS?

Captain Coder
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Elite: Dangerous
Posted: 19th Nov 2011 18:43
Quote: "When you're writing DAI scripts, "show entity game information" (in preferences) is a great help"

I forgot FPSC had that ability, great idea! Thanks for the reminder.

Quote: "Don't have time for a firsthand look now but just looking at the script it does not appear to have anything to call up the shoot script when he sees an enemy."

Don't worry about trying to test it out. I threw that script together in a hurry a few days ago and now that I look at it again I realize it really is not a good script, one of the reasons being what you just pointed out.

Quote: "do you still plan to make a Spetsnaz version of TF341"

@Soviet: Was that discussed earlier in this thread? I've never heard of that before. Would it be texture variations?

If it were a seperate model pack, I would probably save up to buy it, simply because I can imagine an immense number of possiblities with USMC + Spetsnaz. But I am very happy with USMC.

Quote: "LOL I hope that doesn't make me the 1% "

Or is that the 53%?

Thank you,
Captain Coder

One of the most humbling days in your life will be the day you discover you AREN'T the best at what you love to do.
- Me
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 20th Nov 2011 03:10 Edited at: 20th Nov 2011 04:17
What makes me mad is with your weapons in game, all the midevil stuff,I bought a couple things from you from the store and they work on my pc with shaders applyed.

The weapons I make,create,dont,they turn all black in game when I apply shaders to them.

What is it that you do and or people like bond that makes shaders work on there models.

Note: I do have a horrible grahics card with little memory,but I still get shaders to work for your stuff but not mine.

my signature keeps being erased by a mod So this is my new signature.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "do you still plan to make a Spetsnaz version of TF341? If so will it be in the hyper-modern pack? Or will it be just through the GCS?"

Quote: "I've never heard of that before. Would it be texture variations?"

Yes. GCS. New models because textures alone wouldn't cut it IMO. However, it's unlikely there would be enough variations to make for a pack unless I really got into it. So, GCS would seem the best route to go. On a related note, I'm looking into ways to spice up my GCS offerings with added value so it's probable that characters would come in mini-packs with like a couple texture variations and a weapon so you can just drop them in and go (that would also be an avenue for reintroducing things like updated AKs and such). I'm also looking to add an appropriate character to some of the existing GCS items which have slowed in sales. I'd prefer to just mark down the prices but it would reset the purchase statistics and knock items off the top sellers list.

Quote: "What is it that you do and or people like bond that makes shaders work on there models."

We use extensive voodoo magicks. Luckily I have a pen of chickens out back. No. Really there's any number of things that can go wrong with FPSC weapons. I haven't seen your specific problem before so I wouldn't know the cause of it. Probably to do with how you have your materials set up/assigned.

So, v1.19 beta has been released and I'm putting it through the ringer a bit with DAI revisions. I could use a little input on one issue though...

With Allies (team1) would you guys like to keep the system where you have to manually recruit an ally to follow you or would you prefer it to happen automatically? I personally like it to happen automatically. It feels a lot cleaner to me. I think I asked this before and people seemed cool with auto-recruit but figure I might as well ask again.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 05:20
Quote: " New models because textures alone wouldn't cut it IMO"

I would love to see different meshes

Quote: "On a related note, I'm looking into ways to spice up my GCS offerings with added value so it's probable that characters would come in mini-packs"

Loving the sound of a Spetsnaz mini pack.

Quote: "that would also be an avenue for reintroducing things like updated AKs and such"

Oh my god yes. I dream of the updates AK's. Maybe even later different various, like the AK-103 or AN-94 etc.

Quote: " would you guys like to keep the system where you have to manually recruit an ally to follow you or would you prefer it to happen automatically?"

I like automatic as well because most gamers wont expect to have to recruit, and may become confused. Instead, like you were saying with the sound additions, you can walk past your ally, and the guy would say something like "On your six" and start following you.

If you need any reference art on Spetsnaz let me know Errant.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 05:41 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2011 05:44
Soviet176,

OK. I have it currently set up so that if they're not already fighting (they're running their main AI) and are within 200 units and can see you they play a quick radio PTT animation and say "ready". From that point on they'll follow with you and if you crouch they will stack crouch as long as you hold the key (sort of like in Fallout). If you get too far away (500 units by default) they'll return to their normal "standby" status until the player collects them again. It gives them a pretty natural "supportive but not subordinate" feel, in my opinion.

Yeah. Go ahead and dump links or images to my email. Put Spetsnaz in the subject line so that I can find/sort easily. If you can, I'd appreciate some detail info to accompany any reference because IIRC, "spetsnaz" is sort of a generic term like "special forces" and there are different ones for different services (I don't know enough to readily tell them apart). Also you can include other Russian references if they share kit and would work as retextures (like FSB or whatever). You can also feed me info on appropriate weapons, etc. Not saying I'll use every suggestion but it can't hurt to get your .02 in.
Captain Coder
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 22:51
I would prefer auto-recruit. I have also asked some people I know who play my games for fun and say they prefer auto-recruit as well.

Quote: "New models because textures alone wouldn't cut it IMO"

Ooh, sounds exciting!

Quote: "I'm looking into ways to spice up my GCS offerings with added value so it's probable that characters would come in mini-packs with like a couple texture variations and a weapon so you can just drop them in and go (that would also be an avenue for reintroducing things like updated AKs and such)"

Cool. One more reason for me to join the TGC Store.

Thanks,
Captain Coder

One of the most humbling days in your life will be the day you discover you AREN'T the best at what you love to do.
- Me
Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 22:44
When I place a character from Ally team one, and test, the player doesnt follow me, or give me an option to press a button to recruit, and I'm using that latest patch

washburnrover
Years of Service
User Offline
@CHG - I'm (sort of) having the same issue
When I test the game the allies don't follow me, until i'm pretty far away. What's REALLY annoying about it is when they start following you, they try to compensate for the time they stood there, and the animation freezes up while turning or walking... they proceed to then slide like a figure skater (with one leg partially up ) towards the player.

this problem almost never happens with enemy AI, however they do the same animation-freezing while moving around a little.

is there a turning animation? I've never really looked closely, if they show animation while turning, it may also just be like a slow-walk animation

That Big Idea guy that can't find the time...
Captain Coder
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2012 02:36
Quote: "When I test the game the allies don't follow me, until i'm pretty far away. "

You can change that in their scripts - make a back-up copy and change what you want.

Quote: "What's REALLY annoying about it is when they start following you, they try to compensate for the time they stood there, and the animation freezes up while turning or walking..."

I have had the same problem. I also had a problem exclusive to MP 53 with custom scripts: when I they were told to find cover, they turn around, play the walking animation, but don't move anywhere, and don't respond to their environment (getting shot at, for example)

Quote: "they proceed to then slide like a figure skater (with one leg partially up ) towards the player."

A problem I also frequently run into. I think the animation resets each time the character turns.

As a believer in Jesus Christ, I am trying to use my passion for game creation for His glory.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
There's numerous issues with the release scripts. I have things running pretty smoothly locally but won't be issuing an update until after v1.19 is released.
That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2012 04:02
Errant, that is great to know.
I came back to this thread specifically to ask when the next update for this pack will be released.

Behold, you are already on top of that.

As you UK folks say, "Cheers Errant!"

And Here Is A Penguin:
FPSC OneSource [DeskTop App] - Bringing everything together into one.
Captain Coder
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2012 17:34
@EAI: Thanks, good to know! Now I have an idea of how long I should save up my bandwidth and what day I'll have to wake up at 4 in the morning to download.

Also, will the patches distributed in this thread be included automatically as well?

Thanks again,
Captain Coder

As a believer in Jesus Christ, I am trying to use my passion for game creation for His glory.
Chazene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2012 03:45
i have a big problem, the enemies can shoot through doors and walls!! i have the slightest idea how.
heres the Video
(video may still be uploading(give it some time)

Charlie "Chuckles" "Chazene"
Captain Coder
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2012 18:04
Quote: "the enemies can shoot through doors "

If I'm not mistaken, this has been a longstanding problem with FPSC. I think the enemy can see through dynamic objects (not just doors) is because windows are dynamic and they need to see through windows. Thus, they can see through dynamic objects. I have an idea on how to fix it, but I haven't investigated it or shared it with anyone yet.

TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 22:00
but bullets can really go through doors though

Joey-May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
Favourite Game-Call Of Duty MW2
Captain Coder
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 22:29
@TheDesertEagle:

Quote: "but bullets can really go through doors though"

True! But, in Chazene's instance, it was a metal door. Additionally There aren't any bullet holes in the door, so it looks stupid. Besides, the enemies can't see through the door, so how would they know you're there?

Captain Coder

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2012 05:19
Does anyone know how to reduce their rate of fire? Right now they pretty much empty the entire clip in one shooting.

Specs: Alienware M17x R3. i7-2630QM. 8GB RAM. Nvidia 560m. Momentus XT Hybrid Drive.
washburnrover
Years of Service
User Offline
in the gun-spec there's a stat called "rate of fire"
the lower the number, the faster

I lowered the m249, but i like fast rates of fire for realism

don't forget to change the fireloop speed, which sets how fast the fire sound loops

also, any one know how i can change the aim down sight times, as well as the reload times? i know they're set frames, but maybe specific frame speeds for different actions?

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 20:56
Just bought it now to wait for download... Keep up the great work!!

======================================
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2012 17:03
woke up this morning to find it ready to download awesome work

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 18:56
im having a small problem wth the animations not sure if someone has had this or not when they follow me (Walking) sometimes it does another animation and looks like there sliding a couple feet the walking animations completly stop

gozzy1999
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 19:44
why does the knife act as a gun?
shooting long range bullets is not right

''Make sure your hands are clean before you point the finger''
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 20:07 Edited at: 13th Mar 2012 20:13
@gozzy1999 - Be sure to download the patch files included in the OP of this thread. It fixes the knife and a few other issues.

@GreenDixy - The sliding has been reduced in the revised scripts but I still encounter it from time to time. It's something I'm looking into.

@Marc Steene - ROF is another thing that I've tweaked locally in the revised script. I'm now using a timer in most cases to reduce cyclic rate (will be pretty easy for devs to adjust to their liking). After the FPS cap was increased to 80 they got crazy-fast. I don't use the gunspec/editor firerate setting for these guys because it makes them shoot too slowly with unpredictable and awkward pauses between firing strings. Made them too easy.

@all - I just completed some contract work which had taken me away from FPSC. I'll be running through a lot of testing with beta 9 this week to check the current state of things. There were some engine fixes in earlier betas which appear to have been regressed. It's all a bit frustrating for me because I would love to be able to release the final revision for this pack as much (if not more) that you guys would like to receive them. Thanks again for your continued patience.
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
@ errant are you working on a future gun pack with new weapons? i saw your youtube videos and thoose guns were awsome i really like the ammo counter!!! some good quality guns are most deff needed

Visual Web Dave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2012 06:16
@Errant

I don't know if this bug has been reported yet so I will throw it out there.

When you set the knife as the start up weapon it works fine but if you pick it up it still acts like a weapon with ammo. I do have the patch installed.

BTW...thanks for a great pack!
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@Visual Web Dave- Be sure to run DBO/BIN cleaner after you've applied the patch for the changes to take effect.

@sic1ne- Yes. I have things in the works but am mostly waiting for things to settle down with v1.19
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
@errant thanks for responding i cannot wait dude!!

ladas51
Years of Service
User Offline
I understand that there is an animation playing when the player is runing with empty weapon.How can i get this animation to play when the weapon is full?
washburnrover
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2012 16:32 Edited at: 16th Mar 2012 16:32
this may be a noob question, but how do i import your stuff into 3ds max to:
1) add animations
2) modify the object while keeping the animations
3) use facial animation capturing

edit: i've tried importing as x. file and it din't work, do i need certain plugins?

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@ladas51 - open the weapon's gunspec and in the animations where you see idle, move, etc. you will see an entry for run which is commented-out. Just un-comment it, save and clean DBO/BINs.

@washburnrover - I wouldn't know. It's not something I've dealt with. I only know it can be tricky getting the assets back into a hassle-free, editable format without issues.
raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2012 01:39
@washburnlover

3D studio max does not like .x files very much for importing. It seems to "squish" the 2000+ animation frames into the first 15 frames. Short of rerigging and reanimating, I'm not sure of a way. It might be easier in fragmotion or another software which takes .x files natively.
washburnrover
Years of Service
User Offline
@raymondlee: thank you very much, i'll be buying fragmotion very soon
@errant AI: thanks for the heads up

is it possible to export from fragmotion in a more 3ds max accepted format? considering 3ds's features like face-capture, etc.

thanks

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2012 09:49
I'm having a problem, with Them not being able to move on trenchkit ground. Just wondering if there is a way around. I can put a normal ground segment down and its fine.

ladas51
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks Errant!!!
Chazene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2012 03:42
i was wondering if you could add a few weapons to this,
SCAR
MP5 or P90
M14 EBR
M200 or WA2000

i know there are models of these weapons elsewhere, but it would be awesome to see them with EAI's scripting.

Chazene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2012 06:54
how do you get the dual wield thing to work, in the gunspec, its says 'candual=1' so how do i get it to dual??

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2012 16:23
Hi all

Now that FPSC V119 is out of Beta will there be a update to make MP53 useable.

Thanks

Dennis

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed
JimmySlayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2012 16:53
@Chazene

I haven't had time recently to play around with the latest FPS Creator additions so I've forgotten a little of my previous scripting knowledge and such, but I believe you must have two different weapons, for example an M9 and an M4A1, both with dual wielding enabled. Then, equip one of these two weapons, hold Ctrl (could be Shift not so sure), and scroll the mouse wheel (change weapons). This was how it was done in PB, and I think Lee added this into vanilla, but again I'm not sure. Have a play around with that and if you still can't figure it out I'll hop on FPSC and get a more accurate answer for you.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2012 18:49 Edited at: 5th Apr 2012 18:50
@ErrantAI

Since you've been talking about new models too in this thread, I thought I ask about a male TF version without equipment (just like there is one for the female model). Such a model would be usable in a lot more scenarios then just "battlefield".

In fact I allready had a game in mind (with lots of retexturing) but due to the males all fully equipped it would have had only female NPCs...which I found a little to weird to pursue

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2012 03:13 Edited at: 6th Apr 2012 03:16
@GreenDixy - DAI will only work with segments that fall within normal specifications. It the trench kit ground pieces are made in any sort of strange way it will cause issues.

@Chazene - There is no dual-wielding support in official v1.19. The settings and animations are included for if the feature is added in the future and as legacy support for die-hard Project Blue users.

@DennisW - Yes. That is the plan. I've been testing v1.19 release and so far things look to be working as needed.

@The Storyteller 01 - I'll look into including a body-type like that with the update/re-release. It will probably be like the TF341_14 body but without the armor.
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2012 11:37
I believe the trench kit floor uses "stair" segments instead of floor segment...
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2012 22:01
Thanks for the info, I will be switching that.

TechGirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2012 17:57 Edited at: 8th Apr 2012 17:58
-Character is ghost when spawn from trigger zone(fixed in patch 1- use new tf341_appear2 start scripts when spawn via TZ)

This happened to me with my first test building a level. So I downloaded the patch, but I don't see a basic appear2. They are listed Appear2_Team1_Default, Appear2_Team2_Default, etc. Which one do I use? Does it matter?

Thanks!

P.S. - Awesome models (and animations), these are exactly the quality needed in all models here

TechGirl
(Yes, I'm really female!)
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@TechGirl- Sorry, I probably meant to say "default". So, use the appear2 that corresponds to the team you need the character to be (Team1=Ally, Team2= Enemy, etc.)

@All - Just a heads up that I'm running into a snag with v1.19 relating to enemies not being able to target the player consistently. I'll be looking into it this week with some help from hockeykid.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Just a heads up that I'm running into a snag with v1.19 relating to enemies not being able to target the player consistently."

I've uploaded a source fix for this. In the meantime using

at the start of the appear script should fix any issues for V119.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, Scene. That seemed to do the trick! The overall hit/miss rate seems improved as well depending on seed.

Without that line, is it defaulting to a lesser value or something?. What is the input range for that action?
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2012 11:08 Edited at: 10th Apr 2012 11:23
Quote: "Without that line, is it defaulting to a lesser value or something?. What is the input range for that action?""

entityaccuracymult=x%, so 100 in normal, 50 would be half as accurate, etc... It is entity dependant and is an based on the weapopns default accuracy, so you could create character who are better shots than others.

And by default it was modifying the accuracy to 0% (more or less) something that was only obviously apparent on certain characters.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2012 11:12 Edited at: 10th Apr 2012 11:16
OK. Thanks for the info

Edit: Yeah I didn't really notice at first. AI vs. AI seemed to be working fine and the enemies could melee me and track me just fine but it was a crap-shoot as to if they would hit me when shooting. They seemed to target fine if I shot them first but if I played passively they would be running around guns-a-blazing and hitting nothing. I was quite confused so thanks for bringing this to light.
TechGirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2012 16:12 Edited at: 10th Apr 2012 16:15
Thanks, will try out this weekend

Any chance the characters will be able to use the talking feature in the near future? I am not a modeler, so I don't know if that is possible or too difficult to do.

TechGirl
(Yes, I'm really female!)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 23:24:57
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 23:24:57