Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / EAImedia "OFFICIAL" TF-341 / Model Pack 53 ***bug reporting and interim fix distribution thread***

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Marc Steene - That's a fair assumption. Older weapons would need to have their textures combined and the animation frame ranges for the tracer bits shuffled/copied around. It's not impossible but probably more work than most users would care to undertake.

Your idea might be possible but assuming the entity binding could be done, you would probably need to overcome visual issues like clipping, origin alignment (muzzle-end) and maybe vertical axis alignment (does it bind to player world position or to camera position and axis?). You'd probably want to use a playerfiredweap sort of condition in conjunction with checking the mouse. You'd have to make a few other checks as well to ensure that tracers aren't streaming out when the gun is empty or if the weapon is semi-auto and the player is slow to release the button.

As it stands, I won't be adding the tracer effect to weapons other than the M249 for the sake of realism (and I'm stretching it a bit by having the tracers as frequent as they are). The M249 on GCS will be upgraded to include the new version for people who bought it there but don't own MP53. Mostly, I did this as proof-of-concept so that I could learn how to get good results using the shader for a different modelpack (think sci-fi).
Chazene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2012 22:15
looks good!

Charlie "Chuckles" "Chazene"
geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
Whoa, stunning effects!
That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2012 06:26 Edited at: 19th Jun 2012 06:28
@ Errant AI
Yeah, I have had on and off problems throughout the various FPSC updates having to do with shaders with this card. Strange enough though, even with shaders off it is doing it..
I think this card is finally crapping out on me anyways, it is "toasting" as we speak. The fan finally seazed up on me, playing "Blacklight" this past weekend... so I'm im doing the "NewEgg Drool" as we speak to find a Nvidia replacement.

[ Sorry Adding To: ]

By the way, your updates to this pack are looking awesome!
Can't wait til my PC is at 100% again, so I can actually mess with it again.

And Here Is A Penguin:
FPSC OneSource [DeskTop App] - Bringing everything together into one.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@That Guy John Sorry to hear about your hardware but glad you got your use out of it and more-so to see you coming to Nvidia. I started back in the day with using 3dfx and after they got bought up by Nvidia it was a natural progression and I've never looked back. Happy shopping
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
you should release the stuff you used to make the shooting range with in theese screenshots lol i really want thoose cieling pieces with the white lights and stains on the cieling they look awsome! lol

That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2012 02:12
@ Errant AI
Thanks, it was a give in that I would eventually move to Nvidia, but I'm a cheap sob. Who knows maybe one day I will switch to Intel as well.. I won't clutter up your thread with any more of my bs.
I will return with a vengeance once Nvidia is under the hood.

And Here Is A Penguin:
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2012 10:06
@Errant AI

Sending you a email hope you dont mind. simple question's.

======================================
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@GreenDixy
I think I replied. Never know for sure unless the sender's forum name is in the email (preferably in the subject line).

@sic1ne
The segments are an evolving work in progress for my personal project. I'm using a lot of non-uniform parts (like 14' walls, drop ceilings, etc.) so they probably wouldn't be of much use to most users as-is but time will tell.
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2012 20:00
Hey I just want to know if its possible to make the main_default_patrol script characters go up and down staircases. I used waypoints but they didn't follow them like a normal follow or pace script. Thank! Great pack btw. If not, can I incorporate regular scripts w 341 scripts to allow characters to follow waypoints and shoot enemies on sight?

BC2 Remake Project
Henry

-Winner of the X10 Revival Competition, Susysyay
"I'm havin' too good a time today, I ain't even thinkin' bout tomorrow."
The Warrior Studio
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2012 10:46
how can i add the tracer effect to the weapones
kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2012 19:41
@The Warrior Studio You can't until the update for the pack

Get My FPSC Media at http://fpscfree.webs.com/
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@Susysyay
Dark AI is a bit sketchy with multi-layer waypoint paths because of how the path-finding and obstacle detection works. Combining standard and DAI scripts won't grant the results you might think they should. Even though it's possible to suspend most of the DAI attributes, it won't allow the character to behave exactly like standard AI in regards to the collision system (standard AI uses a brute force method of "monster trucking" short obstacles which allows them to ascend stair segments which are just several blocks stacked diagonally).

I have an improved version of the patrol script which allows the sentry to stop on their path and fire at enemies and call for reinforcements (from a static position) then resume waypoint following when hostilities desist. This is an improvement over the original version in the sense that the AI can now reliably resume waypointing.

However, this doesn't affect multi-layer capability at all. It's advisable to restrict waypoint patrolling DAI to a single layer and to keep the patrol path away from stairs.

Alternatively, you could try using the aipoint system which is similar to waypoints but requires a lot of very specific scripting It also would have the side effect of making the DAI run from aipoint to aipoint as there's no way to tell them to walk.
Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2012 09:10
The updates are looking amazing

That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2012 22:29
@Errant
Just a FYI (not sure that it answers anything)

Getting a new GPU took to the backburner since I discovered micro controllers, a lot of fun, but anyways...

I re-insalled my OS the other day and thought about FPSC and your modelpack so I re-installed it, but this time I only installed 1.18. I was on 1.19 the last time.

Everything seems fine now.. the only thing I haven't done is to install AMD Catalyst just the drivers provided by Windows Update because I want to narrow that out as well.

And Here Is A Penguin:
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2012 06:06
how do I change the hand textures?

I'm familiar with this, but I'm still learning!
zenix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2012 21:02
Hey Errant! Do you know when is going to be able the latest update?
I mean, Have you finish it? Sorry if I am impatient, but I recently have started using the forum and I am a bit lost

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 00:04:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 00:04:18