Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / EAImedia "OFFICIAL" TF-341 / Model Pack 53 ***bug reporting and interim fix distribution thread***

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2011 12:24
is there a way to make the destroy script ragdoll only? i dont want my characters to just instantly fall to the ground in featal position
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Another buggy for me.
This time a Ghost bug!

im using FPSC v1.18.17

And i have also post another bug report here for all to read as it may be with the models or with the newer editor

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=176670&b=21&p=49
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2011 22:25 Edited at: 24th May 2011 22:31
Quote: "Feel free to request UV overlay templates for retexturing as well and I will post them up"

I would realy like those!

Allso i have tried to make the runannimation play when i run by changing disablerunandshoot = 0 to disablerunandshoot = 1 but it dosn't work.

Srry about my english im from sweeden
Strelok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 19:18
amazing work as always , just love it !
Kalex91
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2011 14:03
Im thinking about buying this pack. if i buy it now will all these bugs reported be fixed or is it worth me buying the pack when the new update for fpsc is out?
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2011 14:16
I have no problems with the pack any more. If you want it there is no point in not buying now...

Srry about my english im from sweeden
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys,

Not that theres an official 1.18 out now I can get going on this again...

I just updated the OP .rar archive a little. I've included reworked destroy scripts for the pack and also the STOCK ragdoll destroy and throwbacks. The change is so that the ragdolling happens sooner and so that the character only uses ragdoll if they die on-screen. This prevents most ugly, mangled ragdolls caused by dying off-screen as a result of DAI or explosions.

Basically, there is now an inview condition check in the destroy and throwback scripts.

If inview=1 they will ragdoll and if inview=0 they will play the normal death anim.

I'll be looking into the problem where friendly AI stops following you next...
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2011 21:27
Wow, great news.

Mental Stability is over-rated!
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah. I was happy to see most ugly ragdolls could be avaided with some scripting. It will definately help with offscreen ragdoll disasters but if the game FPS is too low it will probably mess up still but hopefully not as much.

I forgot to answer some questions...

Quote: "Can you please explain what the difference between the appear scripts are. I know Team 1 is for a regular ally, Team 2 is for an enemy, and Team 4 is for a friendly, but what are the rest? 3, 5, and 6. "

Team 1 is player following faction attacks teams 2,5 & 6
Team 2 is player enemy faction attacks teams teams 1,4 & 6
Team 3 is Neutral/pacifist faction; teams 1,2,4,5 won't attack team 3
Team 4 is player friendly faction (won't follow) attacks teams 2,5 & 6
Team 5 is an alternate player enemy faction. Attacks teams 1,4 & 6
Team 6 is a monster/zombie faction that will attack all other teams.

Teams 4 and 5 are useful for things like reinforcements which get called into play by various game factors or other AI.

Quote: "i have updated FPSC to v1.18.14 and i have added 3 characters, and so they all walk through buildings"

Beta 14 had a lot of these issues. the walking through walls should not be an issue in release version of 1.18. Let me know if you still have the problems in full 1.18

Quote: "2. It's not a bug, it's a feature!"

The weapon switching lockout while aimed isn't changable through gunspec. Personally I think it would have a better feel if you could set in gunspec an option to only stayed aimed while holding mouse2. Would probably help with the frustration.

Quote: "im also getting the knife bug, attacking like a gun and stabbing as you walk "

Make sure you have the updated gunspec from the original post of this thread.

I've been looking into the following problem. So far I've seen sometimes that when you die (maybe not related) the AI can be locked on to an enemy in another room and won't budge until the enemy is dead. Causes staring into walls and such. Is that what you guys are experiencing?
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2011 22:43
Hey Errant, I downloaded that knife fix and everything works fine for single player. But I see that in multi-player when you stab the animations and sound plays perfect for the person stabbing. But for the player being stabbed it shows a shooting decal and sounds like a gun is going off. This also happens for gun melee. It looks like your shooting the gun not hitting someone. Plus no animation happens.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2011 22:55 Edited at: 8th Jun 2011 23:00
All the anim calls in MP are hard-coded into FPSC.

Unfortunately, there's no way to tell the game that the weapon being used isn't a gun. I'd think that it would be possible to code/mod it so that gun melee is recognized and plays the melee anim but for dedicated melee weapons it would probably require additional code to allow for a gunspec setting that explicitly defines a weapon as melee only and would then play the correct anim in MP.

Even in SP, the game doesn't know that a weapon isn't a gun. We just trick the system by using a low range value.

It will probably be up to source modders to get more speciffic anims in MP mode because for now it's something artists don't have control over. It could also be complicated by the fact gun melee and melee in general doesn't have standardized animation number assignments. Realistically, each character would need some sort of extra .fpi settings to tell MP which anims are which for anims beyond the standard running, crouching, etc.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2011 22:57
Ahh crap. Alright. No problem, we will have to see eventually I suppose.

Shakleford
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2011 03:00
@ Soviet: Project Apex, that HockeyKid is working on, has "UN-Hardcode multiplayer animations" listed as one if its features. Heres the link to the thread.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=181943&b=21

I recently learned to sleep with my eyes open. ..... God am I tired
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2011 18:42
Errant I am also getting another problem. When I set the amount of ammo the gun will spawn with, it does not work. It only keeps the standard mag thats already in the gun. Also it wont spawn after the delay either. Not sure why.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2011 20:37 Edited at: 10th Jun 2011 21:14
I've confirmed your issue, Soviet176. It appears to be related to the poolammo feature. I'll get with hockeykid later on to see if he can confirm in the source. For now, if you open the weapon gunspec and comment out the poolammo=x line (it's at the top), respawning weapons will give more ammo and the editor quantity multiplier will work as well (at the cost of losing ammo pools). As-is, it will only give ammo if you are totally out of ammo for the weapon.

edit: Don't forget to delete the hud.dbo after you make any gunspec change.

In other news; yesterday, with hockeykids help, was able to track down and isolate the problem where AI sometimes walk off a plane or through walls. This was being caused by damage force when shot being able too push them through the AI boundaries. We have DAI entities now immune to physics force and the problem hasn't reoccurred. I'm quite excited about that particular fix.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice to see ya working hard to fix all problems with ya pack Errant.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@Soviet, the respawning weapon ammo has been fixed in code by hockeykid!

In the process it was also fixed so that now when you pick up a weapon with alt-fire it will also give altammo. This is especially nice for weapons like the m9a1dx because you don't have to use the reload key to fill the alt-mode the first time you change to alt-fire
Eggie
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Errant, when I want to respawn a enemy, they respawn under the ground. Then my allies start shooting at the ground to kill them.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2011 02:00 Edited at: 11th Jun 2011 02:01
@Eggie

There was a bug with respawning ragdolls flying away and doing wierd stuff but it's been fixed internally by hockeykid within the last few days. They now respawn like champs and the fix has has been added to the source.
Eggie
Years of Service
User Offline
@Errant

Will this be in the next update or after v1.18 is out of beta?
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2011 22:27 Edited at: 11th Jun 2011 22:28
Quote: "Will this be in the next update or after v1.18 is out of beta? "

This will be in the next version of FPSC. As 1.18 has been released already, I don't know if it will be called 1.18.1 or 1.19, etc.

If you're not shy about using beta builds and know how to do .exe swaps, you can download a recent source compile which s4real has kindly posted here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=185833&b=21

Be sure to back up the original fpsc-game.exe and your .fpm if you use it. Its got the ragdoll respawn fix in it along with the weapon switch fix bug and other source fixes I mentioned in my last few posts.
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2011 20:59
Errant, don't worry about the allies not following. It works for me now. Just had to raise them above ground abit with the segments are was using and now it works wonders. Thanks for your time and interest though.

sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
i am having a small problem i just got model pack 53 about an hour ago and when i use the knife it shoots and reloads like a gun instead of melee? any ideas on how to fix it?

[img]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6489/sic1ne.jpg
[/img]
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@sic1ne

Download the patch archive attachment in the first post and merge with your files and run DBO cleaner afterwards. It fix the knife ans some other issues.
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2011 19:49 Edited at: 15th Jun 2011 19:50
@errant ai thanks i will fix the knife asap!!!

also i am having a small issue with the soldiers shooting you threw walls and running threw walls to attack me soon as the game loads? the soldiers ignore walls i even made a room 2 stories high and put the soldiers upstairs and they just shoot threw the walls and attack me soon as i start/ also my friendly team opens fire at the enimes threw the walls soon as the game starts ? is there a way to fix that it seems as if the ai is working to good lmao!!!!

[/img]
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
The running through walls has been fixed in code but no official build contains the fix. There is an unnoficial build available which I linked to a couple posts ago.

AI scripts are currently being retuned for 1.18 release version and should be ready in a few days.

However, if you start opposing factions in the same area they will begin fighting immediately.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2011 20:07
Quote: "AI scripts are currently being retuned for 1.18 release version and should be ready in a few days."

Very cool to hear Errant. Any new additions to the scripts? or just overall improvements to everything.

sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
@ errant ai thanks i really appreciate the help!!

[/img]
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
@ errant ai hello i have a small issue!

the ally soldiers and friendly soldiers will not shoot at any other enemy other than the task force model pack enemy characters?

i tried to set up a small skirmish ally soldiers vs aikio and the allys just stood there i have only been able to get the task force ally to shoot at enemy soldiers in the task force model pack? also how do i get the friendly soldiers in the task force pack to follow me and shoot at enimies they just stand there aswell as im getting shot by enimies?

[/img]
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2011 23:32
Sic1ne this is because the TF131 characters utilize Dark AI. They cannot attack anything else not using Dark AI. Set your enemy characters to use the default Dark AI scripts that TGC gave you and the TF131 soldiers will attack.

sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
@ soviet thanks so much i appreciate the help!!!

[/img]
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2011 00:36 Edited at: 16th Jun 2011 00:45
@sic1ne- Yep. What Soviet said

@Soviet, I had typed out a pretty comprehensive list of what changes to expect but the forum ate it :/ Lets try again...

These are a mix of general performance and polish tweaks. In the current system there are some conditions and actions which cause conflict so I've been cleaning those out. The end result is quicker reaction and less oddball behavior.

Some highlights are:
-Follower Team1 AI less likely to abandon player.
-Followers now mimic player crouching when running main AI (similar to Fallout3).
-Followers regain much more (usually all) hitpoints after an encounter.
-AI shooting routines tweaked so that their ROF is closer to the player when using the same weapon (they were a bit too fast before). AI will now occasionally miss with a couple shots when burst firing. AI will now more reliably play their shooting animation when shooting.
-Added a rifle reload sound effect which plays when they reload their rifle (full-auto shoot script).
-Added ability for limited random movement which decreases predictability in combat and improves opponent detection when not in combat.
-Refined and optimized many decision making branches for better response.
-AI now correctly use random head movement when idle/not-fighting which makes them feel less robotic.
-Better hit detection with limb system plays ping reactions which make more sense depending on shot location.

Currently I'm only working on the main and full-auto shoot scripts. In a few days I'll release them to you guys for evaluation and feedback before revisiting the semi-auto and melee shoot scripts.

Some other things on my plate for this are:
-Alternate version of scripts which work with other characters which don't have TF341 anims.
-Alternate Main AI which can patrol waypoints.
-Alternate TRV script which allows for limited player command such as being able to toggle following or hold position. (side note: I fixed the problem with TRV making footstep sounds).

When I'm confident things are working as well as can be reasonably expected (some DAI scripts just work better in some level layouts than others and there's only so much that can be done at a generic level), I will get the pack updated on the TGC system . Afterwards, I'm hoping to get a few new characters up on GCS for you guys. There's been a consistently strong demand for terrorist enemies so it looks like the route has been chosen for me.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2011 00:56
@Errant AI

Wow, I can't wait. I really like how you are polishing all of this up. Even the additives like "Added a rifle reload sound effect which plays when they reload their rifle" and fixing the players random head movements really make things more realistic. Heck, it all sounds amazing. TRV script sounds amazing. Makes for cool Team lead games. The Alternate main AI is really cool, I would love to see some mix ups of these. Like AI patrolling a waypoint but stops every so often to talk to someone, if his buddy isn't there then he goes on red alert sort of deal.

Really loving all of it, can't stop smiling i'm so excited. Also loving the terrorist characters. Personally I can't wait to see what you cook up for Spetsnaz tbh. with your skills I know you will make them look like "True" spetsnaz. And not the retarded "I only wear a shirt and some pants and can't shoot for crap" Call of duty black ops or MW2 Spetsnaz.

Thank you very much Errant AI. Looking forward to it! if you ever need a tester, I have loads of time and experience on my back.

sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
awsome errant ai sounds great thanks for putting in all the hard work this pack is awsome and will only get better!!! i cant wait to see the terrorist models

[/img]
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
1 more quick question why were at it!! what script is to have a player folllow you like in this video at 3 min 45 seconds in?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9028kQh8yk&feature=player_embedded#at=73

[/img]
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2011 02:24 Edited at: 16th Jun 2011 02:27
@sic1ne- He's using the stock DAI scripts (or modified from stock) in that video in which the player manually tells the ally to follow or stop following.

In the TF341 scripts, Team1 AI will automatically follow the player once the player has found and approached them. They will stop following you during combat but will resume if you go and collect them again after the fighting is over (though this is one of the things being tweaked so that it's more predictable).

Any of the MP53 chars can be assigned to any team so you're not stuck with the default. Just be sure to assign the corresponding appear script from the TF341 scriptbank and remember that only Team#1 can follow the player like that.

@Soviet- Thanks for the support
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
@ errant ai and soviet thanks very much sorry 2 ask so many questions!!!

[/img]
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2011 18:56
Errant, another suggestion if I may. Kinda thought about it before I went to bed (Weird I know) I just recently realized the awesome sounds that TF131 came with. I would love to see the TRV script, or maybe some other scripts actually utilize them. Meaning, random sayings, like if you tell the squad to follow you one of them would say "Were oscar mike" or if one of your members is hit he can say "I'm hit" or randomize it and have him say "Taking fire" you know, to make the situation feel more live like. Just some 2 cents

sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
what soviet said above would be awsome!!!

[/img]
Gamerweazel
Years of Service
User Offline
hi guys, this is only my second post but i would like to say that i LOVE this model pack, i do have two problems though

1. A.I. won't follow through doors EASILY ( they can do it, they just need to be slapped around a bit [i made sure doors had a meshname2 with the word door in the beginning so the A.I. would recognize it] )

2. A.I. constantly getting caught on static entities and won't move no matter where i try to lead them

Any help will be greatly appreciated because i want to use this pack to its full potential

i make sh*t up
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
so as of right now the soldiers will not follow waypoints?

Some other things on my plate for this are:

(Alternate Main AI which can patrol waypoints)

Gamerweazel
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for the response sic1ne

I tried the alternate A.I. waypoint script and here are the results...

they can follow waypoints, it is just they are very glitchy and cannot go through a door by themselves, it is almost as if they have an invisible segment attached to them that is blocking them from getting through (weird i know but that is the best i can describe it)

I wonder if me using WASP mod would have anything to do with it

Thanks

hahah
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2011 08:17 Edited at: 18th Jun 2011 08:18
@Soviet- No worries; It's in the works

@Gamerweazel-
1. You will generally need to clear the segment adjacent to the door before DAI will pass through. Likewise, with stars, DAI will only traverse the stairway when the segment at the other end is clear- If the player is standing there they won't try.

2. When designing levels for DAI, you need to have ample room for the AI to move around. It's a good practice to keep track of the AI boundaries so you can ensure there is enough room.

With FPSC totally closed, open setup.ini in the FPSC root and set "showaioutlines" to "=1". Save and close setup.ini. Now launch FPSC and when you go into testgame it will display white lines around the walls and entities. THese lines are what the DAI uses for collision avoidance and pathfinding. Make sure your entities aren't cutting off the pathway.

If you have a small .fmp using stock media and MP53 character I can take a look at your issues if the above isn't helpful.

@sic1ne-
Correct. They do not follow waypoints.

This is because DAI can't recognize waypoints and it requires the DAI to be suspended to the character can run in the standard AI mode which can recognize and navigate waypoints. It is possible to use "aipoints" as a sort of replacement for waypoints but the DAI will tend to sprint from point to point which is generally undesirable for patrolling behaviour. Aipoints can also be a hassle to set up.

I've had DAI using waypoints in the past but it can be a little dicey because when patrolling waypoints the AI can not detect enemy AI easily and it can be broken if the patrol path is near stairwells or other waypoint sets used for DAI navigation.
marvel
Years of Service
User Offline
lol i had that knife proplem lol

kk
TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2011 06:02
Hey errant i have a question:
how can i use the model pack 53 animations in game for example Sit,Stand,Crouch how do i use them??

Joey-May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
Favourite Game-Call Of Duty MW2
Combollian
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I've been having this problem with taking weapons from the corpses, it won't let me do it until the entity has been destroyed(with the fade corpse script), I know that this is not only isolated to your models, however, I figured since you were working on bugs and glitches for your model pack, I thought you may be able to come up with a solution for this problem.
Thanks for your time.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@ TheDesertEagle- check the attachment in the second post for some sample loops of some of the animations. To use them in proper game context will require a good understanding of scripting.

@Combollian- that's because AI don't drop weapons until they are dead/suspended. Any fade corpse script more or less keeps the character alive so that it can run it's fadeout script.
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2011 17:06
does anyone know why 'effectbank\ps_2_0\skinning_norm_spec.fx' works with the knife but not any other weapons? (when skinning_norm_spec is applied to most weapons it glitches the animations)

Mental Stability is over-rated!
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
That shader only works with skinned meshes. Most weapons are hierarchy linked whereas the knife is actually skinned.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2011 22:18
Hey Errant, what have you been up to

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-30 13:54:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-30 13:54:01