Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [LOCKED] My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2011 00:01
Haha. Anyway, seriously, would you guys mind? Would you like to take me up on my offer of making stories for you guys?

Preferably something I would know, like Minecraft, Terraria, Resident Evil, Mass Effect, etc etc etc...

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2011 00:06
Quote: "I understood none of that."

Basically people who hate the thing you crossed ponies with will hate your fic for having it. Something like Halo will naturally draw a massive "gaym sux" crowd if combined with ponies, for example.

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Would you like to take me up on my offer of making stories for you guys?"

If you'd like I bet somepony can think of something good. I don't have anything right now though

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2011 00:37
Quote: " Basically people who hate the thing you crossed ponies with will hate your fic for having it. Something like Halo will naturally draw a massive "gaym sux" crowd if combined with ponies, for example."

Oh that makes much more sense.

Quote: " If you'd like I bet somepony can think of something good. I don't have anything right now though "

First of all, that somepony thing is how you know you're a true member of the cult. Only true bronies are willing to type that, even if they are already a known fan.

And okay, I can wait, but if I think of something I'll start. Now for the... QUEST FOR THE FANFIC. (Da da da DUUUUH)

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "First of all, that somepony thing is how you know you're a true member of the cult. Only true bronies are willing to type that, even if they are already a known fan."

I just caught myself saying it seconds ago outloud I was going to post about it, so ironic you practically already did!

Quote: "QUEST FOR THE FANFIC"

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2011 00:48
I accidentally called someone at work Dash. It was a long, slow day and my mind was wondering. Noone understood the reference though.

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2011 00:49
How about Duke Nukem? Somebody mentioned my Ponysona (a pony made to represent yourself) reminded them of Duke. If I did it there would be language, just warning you.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2011 00:55
Depends on if you can write it well I guess. Personally, I hate Duke Nukem, as it's really basic humour, but if you can make it work, then I'll read it.

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2011 00:57
I'll write a chapter and see what you think.

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2011 01:13
Not a whole chapter and definitely not my best work, but I haven't gone through any revisions. Check it out, and please know there is minor language.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nEwGrZSgrVaSqyvw5XgscjSBXqYn-pFWPfvs9N1b4_A/edit?hl=en_US

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2011 01:34
Only thing I'd say is...there's pretty much no pony in there.

Remember man/person/body become pony, etc, etc.

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2011 02:13
Oh yeah, that's the part that I can't get right. Making it a true pony story. Or at least reminding the reader it's a pony story. At this point they can stop in the middle and think "Why am I reading a Duke Nukem fanfic?"

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2011 22:11
Hmm, you gotta start by imagining parrelels to Duke in the pony world, rather than Duke being in the pony world.

E.g., with...Star Trek. You could have Captain Jean Lun Ponard, of the ESS Everfree.

You need to imagine what parrelels would be. I.e., if guns are involved, how does Duke hold them? Would they be designed different or would he have special hoof gloves, maybe he holds them in his mouth or uses magic to carry them?

You gotta ask questions like that to make a good crossover. One that feels both pony and whatever you're blending the pony with.

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2011 22:15

I love boxer

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2011 22:34
Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2011 22:41
That horse. The story is Napoleon had a horse called Boxer, and worked him very very hard. So now, I don't know the whole story, but Boxer is linked with the phrase "I will work harder" It has something to do with Animal Farm

Like these:

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It has something to do with Animal Farm"

Yeah it's from the book Animal Farm by George Orwell. Sort of an Applejack I suppose.

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 00:46
I dunno if you can work this into your story Swiss, but it might give it more oomph:

Perhaps the four stars of NMM are your shadows?

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 00:54 Edited at: 16th Jul 2011 00:57
Wow CG. That's really impressive, and could infact work very well. My intention was to have the shadows capable of "passing on the infection." That way I could send the ponies on an initial side mission (find the lost ponies) that would result in further discovery of the phantoms. I also needed to get rid of Fluttershy and Pinkie for the ending Plus this way the story would build from a few shadow passings to shadow hoards. Thanks.

Edit: BTW how did you find that? and Maybe I shouldn't have said I was sort of "killing off" 2 characters... Well don't worry about that.

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 01:07
Quote: "I also needed to get rid of Fluttershy and Pinkie for the ending"

Quote: "BTW how did you find that?"

Gran Turismo Planet forums. Cool brony community, a couple of fanfic writers also post there.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 01:19 Edited at: 16th Jul 2011 01:19

Today is International Brony Appreciation Day. Rejoice!

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 01:27 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2011 19:49
Quote: "I also needed to get rid of Fluttershy and Pinkie for the ending"

ModEdit: Don't stretch out posts.

leave her out of this! TAKE ME!! TAKEEEE MEEEE INSTEEEEAAAADDDD

and for the record, I am a man.

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 01:50
Quote: ""I also needed to get rid of Fluttershy and Pinkie for the ending""

Pinkie doesn't deserve this. PINKIE DOES NOT DESERVE THIS! SHE STARED IN THE FREAKING FACE OF DANGER AND LAUGHED. SHES A BAD*** LIKE THAT. WHAT DID SHE DO TO EARN A DEATH OTHER THEN BRING F***ING JOY TO THE WORLD AND LOVE LIFE, BREAKING INTO SONG MORE THEN ANY OTHER CHARACTER?

Sorry, I didn't mean to raise my voice...

But I love Pinkie so much... She's so silly... She's the life of Ponyville...

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 01:53
Pinkie is best pony.

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 01:53
That's my thing. Stop. You can't do that. No.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 10:23
really, dont touch fluttershy, just dont!!!

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 19:30 Edited at: 16th Jul 2011 19:33
oooo Quik you lucked out. I recently decided to include Fluttershy in my finale. Unless I work something else out, I only need Trixie, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy. The rest will probably get whacked. But don't worry, it'll all turn out good. I don't usually write happy endings, or really happy stories , but for the mood of MLP I've decided it coudld be an exception.

But CG, your post made me so sad

Edit: Oh come on, wouldn't you love to see a phantom trying to infect you be prancing around? Pinkie's too perfect Plus she can go all whack-job.

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 20:11
yes plx, have the pink thing killed, just spare Fluttershyy

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 20:20
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll bet no one would really care much if it was Rarity But don't worry CG, she'll be alright...

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 20:56
Yeh noone likes Rarity.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 20:58
from time to time i like her, honest O_o

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "from time to time i like her, honest O_o"

Yeah, but not like the others. Applejack can fit into that catagory too, but not as often.

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 21:09
Whereas I never stop liking Pinkie or Fluttershy, Rarity in Sonic Rainboom is so selfich though.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 21:41
yeah, but funny selfish atleast, and nice wings!

erbsh anyway, Applejack and fluttershy has got to be my 2 favorites

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 21:50
Hmmmm.....Pinkie and Dash are mine. So...AWESOME!

Also Ashleigh Ball, (Applejack/Rainbow Dash's VA), is one of many awesome creators who love bronies. She even has a band, they're not to bad, not really my kinda style though:

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 22:29
I'm friends on Facebook with one of the artists :3 I'm getting an ocarina and once I learn basic Zelda songs I want to learn the MLP theme and I'll post it on Youtube! :3 And my favorites have to Pinkie and the CMC (I consider them one character, because they're always together and they always share the spotlight in their episodes)

I cleared out my iPod and now it has:

It's Raining Men (Hallelujah, it's Raining Men, Hallelujah!)
Singing in the Rain (Just Singing in the Rain, what a glorious feeling I'm haaappy again!)
Then every MLP song. Ever.

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 22:30 Edited at: 16th Jul 2011 22:32
And why is it Brony Appreciation Day exactly? Should I be getting cake for this?

EDIT: I mean yesterday.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 23:18
Celebration of Bronyhood everywhere. Massive art creation, (even compared to the normal massive art creation), and several other celebrations, etc.

My Walkman has a blend of Atreyu to A7X style metal, to every Halo soundtrack, to Winter Wrap Up. (Still trying to find decent downloads of the others up until Hasbro actually get round to that soundtrack everybrony wants.)

Also I'm considering getting this thread changed to "The Official TGC Brony Embassy," thoughts?

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 23:29
Quote: "everybrony wants.)
"

...no.

Quote: "Celebration of Bronyhood everywhere."

But why yesterday? Did someone just say "Hey, tomorrow should be a day for Bronies!" or is the date of some significance? Like the day they began production on the show? The day Lauren Frost was born? Does 7/15 have some MLP reference?

And do I get cake or not.

Quote: "Also I'm considering getting this thread changed to "The Official TGC Brony Embassy," thoughts?"

If you can get the thread name changed, but I think it'd be worth it to make a whole new thread for it, so every last trace of those haters at the beginning will vanish from the depths of the Brony Embassy!

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 23:52
Quote: "But why yesterday? Did someone just say "Hey, tomorrow should be a day for Bronies!" or is the date of some significance? Like the day they began production on the show? The day Lauren Frost was born? Does 7/15 have some MLP reference?"

I don't know, but it was decided. If you want me to make a new thread, then I'll sort it out in a bit. I'd like to get rid of the clutter we have in this one, especially near the start with the homosexuality arguments, etc.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2011 00:31
dont make a new thread, seems pointless, and i like the simplicity of just naming it my little pony: friendship is magic^^

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2011 00:43
And there should be embassy folders for the threads.

The TGC Minecraft Embassy- BLUE FOLDER
The TGC Brony Embassy- BLUE FOLDER
etc.

Besides, if it says "My Little Pony" we don't sound awesome.

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2011 00:45
And make it clear that no one can post unless it is positive and preferably by one of the proud members.

Then list the four of us: The best god dang users in the whole forum.

My mom bought me a t-shirt that's black and says in all caps and white: "BRONY AND PROUD" I laughed. It's actually a pretty cool shirt.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2011 01:27
still see no need to change thread/change the name =P My little pony is what we are proud to watch, how is it not awesome to have the thread named MLP?

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The best god dang users in the whole forum."

Amen!

But I actually agree with Quik. I like this thread, somehow because of it's name It keeps "others" out though.

swis
No, it's not pokemon.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2011 01:32 Edited at: 17th Jul 2011 01:33
It is, it's just not we seem to have expanded to bronyism in general rather than just the show. It was only a suggestion, I'm more than happy to keep it as is.

It's also beautiful how it's hung up near the top for a month and a half now. Almost 650 posts, and it's comfortably rivalling anything else on Geek Culture.

/Edit/

Yeh. as Swiss says, My little pony automatically creates a barrier, whereas a Brony Embassy still denotes what we are, but without posting it on the title.

Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
I got to 1:47 of the pilot. I just can't do it. Maybe other day lads.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2011 01:34 Edited at: 17th Jul 2011 01:35
Yeh in all honesty, the pilot sucks.

A starting episode if any is episode four, most bronies agree. The pilot is so unlike the rest of the series that's it's somewhat discomforting, (as that's the one Faust had full control over.)

Also apparently Brony Day was the anniversary of Luna's freedom. Don't ask me how they worked that out.

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
(refering to threads activity)I try to post when I can to keep activity up, today's been far too busy and I didn't get to say I few things and missed out.

and how did I know you would edit CG I decided to refresh, expecting it, and there ya go! XD

Indicium, I think I did that first try, then went back seconds later. The embaresment wears off over time.

swis
No, it's not pokemon.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-16 03:03:03
Your offset time is: 2024-06-16 03:03:03