Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [LOCKED] My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 00:47
Quote: "Oh hey cool! I went for the Bamboo Pen without the Touch, and it doesn't have extra buttons or an eraser tip etc. ... Why didn't you get the "Bamboo Fun Pen&Touch" for a little more, with PS Elements 8 ? (I guess the Model would be "CTH-470S" instead of "CTH-470K" or something, but I don't know which versions were available for you)

You should take a look at Paint tool SAI's 30 days trial version, I really like that program (doodling around some Mass Effect pony armor designs at this moment xD) or you could atleast use GIMP instead of Paint "

I wanted to get a pen fun and toch but i was at a store bying some laptop memory and this bamboo was there and it wasnt exactly what i wanted but i didnt know when i was gonna get around to buying pen fun and toch and the thing was already there and i wanted one for a while and i had the money for it too so i said what the hell, ill buy it now

dont hate people who rip you off,cheat and get away with it, learn from them
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
I was wondering when Venge would wander over here...

Quote: "Getting all bromantic in here? Sorry guys, I'm taken... "

That's a shame. I'm not at the moment.

also... sooo close to finishing entire model Quik There's just one little bug in the texture application, and I can't find it!

swis - No, it's not pokemon.
93% of human interaction is non-verbal.
PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 02:14
@RedFlames
Quote: "(doodling around some Mass Effect pony armor designs at this moment xD)"

What a coincidence i am drawing some armour too, not mass effect but sort of in the whole outer-space theme area

Venge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 02:37
Why am I wandering?

The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's alright with everyone else.
PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 03:41
RedFlames I LOVE YOU MAN! PainttoolSAI is AWESOME in 15 minutes of playing around with it i got this!

Looking forward to actually getting it

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 03:46
WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT HER DARKNESS LEVEL?

TheComet

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 03:58
its over.... ITS 20% COOLER!!!!!

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 13:18
I'm going to C2E2 this April in Chicago and I was wondering if they might do a panel about bronies... it's partially on Saturday so they might have a livestreaming of the new episode...

I'm just thinking out loud here.

I've run out of productive things to say until the new episode.

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 20:27 Edited at: 10th Mar 2012 20:50
> arrive at LAN party
> watch ponies.

Edit: Aww, Xyro is not done rendering yet... oh and something is wrong here, computer science students at university, and still I'm the only one who wants to watch MLP now
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2012 02:35
Not quite sure what to make of the story bubbles. Obviously the author wrote it in that retarded fashion because Derpy sounds like that. For me the content doesn't really have much in it, or am I missing some underlying deeper meaning?

TheComet

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2012 02:59
Quote: "Obviously the author wrote it in that retarded fashion because Derpy sounds like that. "

Are you saying it was written like that because of Derpy's portrayal in 'The Last Roundup'?
The EqD post for 'Bubbles' exists since atleast "Tuesday, March 8, 2011" so I'd think it's mostly fanon... but I haven't read it yet, so I dunno what I'm talking about
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2012 13:50
Derpy's personality was already known before that episode aired.

Finished reading the first chapter of Allegrezza. I'm enjoying it a lot and I can see why it was rated 6 stars.

In other news, for all of you AJ fans out there:

TheComet

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2012 14:38
The underlying theme is the worst part.

Yes it is short and a lot of grammar and spelling is horrid but thats because even back then yes that's whats derpy was portrayed as: mentally retarded.

And if you do not get the underlying meeting, your lucky. Again, I am oversensitive to this story not really because I am young but because I have and have always had a soft spot for the mentally handicap. I can't watch Waterboy without screaming at those jerk football players throughout the movie.

For those who don't know Waterboy, it's a semi-popular American movie:

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2012 14:55
Ah, waterboy, great movie^^

The result of origin.. Oh and ponies
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2012 18:22 Edited at: 11th Mar 2012 18:39
sorry to "off top" a bit again but,

YEEESSSSS! I did it! Finally! Finally figured out my issue in my model, all because of a word stumble by HellJumper (still thankful for the tut though) "for good measure" means "absolutely do this or fail to texture"
Now I still have to give it a painted look, but I can't find a good brush (virtual that is) Any ideas? (gimp wise)
Will make a thread soon though, can answer many questions
Also, the non-subdivision was a very good point by your part Quik because I completely forgot about the smoothing shader Thanks for that
Now I'm off to gleefully stab helpless bots

Meh, I couldn't resist. Pictures are in posting competition, I'll link them as soon as they're up

Edit: @ Venge - you appeared at random I guess XD, just wandered here with no question. No one could contest the Fluttershy though

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=114323&b=2&msg=2325004#m2325004

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2012 22:45
@ CoffeeGrunt

Finished reading chapter 3. Chicken wire, huh?

TheComet

SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 12th Mar 2012 08:51
CANNOT... RESIST..........AAAAHHH.... MUST...... CLICK...... PLAY..... AAAAAHHH!!!! PONY.....
.. TOO..... CUTE......

So I tried it out. Not bad at all, you can see an influence of the powerpuff girls here. Pretty cool.

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2012 14:34
What does equinopomorphise mean? It's in CoffeeGrunt's story Allegrezza.

"It’s not really easy to tell whether the carpet enjoyed the drink, the green colour the usually cream fibres took up may have been equinopomorphised sickness...or it might have just been the colour of the liquor, in all honesty." (P.35)

TheComet

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2012 14:40
Equine + Morph

Think, anthropomorphism, but with equines (horses). Guessing this is meant to be play on word because the carpet is anthropomorphic...but because there's no people (anthro), it'd have to be horses (equine), hence equinopomorphism.

That's how I interpret it at least.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2012 14:54
I figured the word Equine had replaced part of the word, but I wasn't able to deduce what the original word might have been. Anthropomorphism makes sense, thanks for clarifying

TheComet

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2012 16:00 Edited at: 13th Mar 2012 18:35
Hello Landman. Will you be a come and go or a come and stay?

Also, I didn't feel my model was quite up to the stage I wanted. It looked great, but it's a bit too plain, so I'm going all the way back to the modeling stages to add some grit. The texture should help a lot aswell though (rust, scratch marks, dullness/shininess, and the teeth on the blade) It'll be a while longer

In other news, I met a dog named Rainbow Dash. Two little girls were yelling, "Dashie, Dashie!" as this tiny dog ran at me. Eventually, they caught up with the dog and said, "let's go back Rainbow Dash." What were the chances?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2012 16:56
Quote: "In other news, I met a dog named Rainbow Dash. Two little girls were yelling, "Dashie, Dashie!" as this tiny dog ran at me. Eventually, they caught up with the dog and said, "let's go back Rainbow Dash." What were the chances?"

I'm so jealous of you These stubborn Swiss people I'm surrounded by (no pun intended on your name) won't even CONSIDER watching the show, let alone name their dog after one of the characters... Sometimes I feel like I'm in a different dimension.

TheComet

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69164&page=231
scroll down past Fluttershy to heavy.

Quote: "I'm so jealous of you These stubborn Swiss people I'm surrounded by (no pun intended on your name) won't even CONSIDER watching the show, let alone name their dog after one of the characters... Sometimes I feel like I'm in a different dimension."

Aren't we all

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2012 18:27 Edited at: 12th Mar 2012 18:28
Slight spoiler for the story Allegrezza (I think).

TheComet

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 16:45 Edited at: 13th Mar 2012 19:43
http://2edflames.deviantart.com/art/Pinkie-Rarity-Food-Fight-page-1-2-289127708

I should really draw the second page now

~RedFlames

Edit:
http://messela.deviantart.com/art/Muffin-Hat-289953306
That comic. When I first read it I thought "What. That's kinda scary for some odd reason o.o;" but everytime I reread it I have to laugh, mainly because I still don't get it Derpy is best wat is dis.
Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 19:42 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2018 01:59
[deleted]
RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 19:43 Edited at: 13th Mar 2012 19:45
What do you mean, Zach?

And by the way I was just about to edit my post above! How rude of you to post at this time! (And I'm not editing this sentence in here right now! Nopey dopey. [/edit])
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 19:50
Not bad RedFlames Oh ja, nicht schlecht. Ist es Zufall dass der Baum so aussieht wie ein Hintern von jemanden? Hehe, die Andern müssen jetzt google translate benutzen

You live in Germany right? How many German people do you know that are bronies?

I know:

4 American & English people.
0 Swiss people.

TheComet

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 20:02 Edited at: 13th Mar 2012 20:05
http://sta.sh/0223y7btsrjc
Naja wenn du dir anschaust, was ich vor einem Monat gepostet habe, sieht man, dass der Baum wie im Original aussieht Und ich hab ja extra in den 'Credits' geschrieben 'Cupcakes Tree (c) Stephen McCranie'
So it's not my fault if that tree resembles the shape of someones backside...

And about german bronies: I know that Coffee knows atleast 2 (maybe 3) other german bronies or bronies who atleast commented on his dA somewhere? But he knows those people, not me xD
(stalking != knowing )

And well yeah haven't really met any german bronies yet... not even any bronies at the LAN party with computer science students last weekend
But there actually was a Meetup in the city my uni is in, about a month ago, but I only saw the writeup on EqD afterwards. I think it was organized by the 'Bronies.de' forum, which is a fairly big german brony forum (I just checked, they have 1200 registered members But I've never been to that forum)

And Bronies I 'know' in general, that would be the ones visiting this thread

Edit:

Also, I challenge you to listen to Pinkie's Brew and not hum the tune for the rest of the day. Confound these Gypsy Pinkies.
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 20:03 Edited at: 13th Mar 2012 20:04
I know 1 swiss person who's a brony, but you'd never guess who.

swis
Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 20:08 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2018 02:00
[deleted]
RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 20:12
Quote: "Draw a pony version of me

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEE!!!!"

Well if you had a description of what a pony-version of you would look like? I might do it, but I won't promise anything. But I'd need a description/idea/concept or whatever from you, how else would I "draw a pony version of you"....
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Zach, I've always wondered, is that you in the picture? Also, what does the sig mean?

swis
Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 20:53 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2018 02:00
[deleted]
Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 21:14 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2018 02:01
[deleted]
RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 22:01
Quote: "Alright I'm a unicorn that is a boyfriend of rarity, a movie star/game designer, ray ban glasses on, kinda of having Ronnie's hair from Crappy Shore or having a pandora hat, red flannel on, tall, muscular,really white, and a male pony. I'm usually kinda hyper and sexy.
"

Okay... about the description: First off it sounds really creepy to me if you say you're Rarity's boyfriend. Even if it's your OC, it still is weird to think of "yourself" being in a relationship with a character from a TV show. Just saying. What does being a "game designer/movie star" have to do with his appearance? That doesn't help me much ^^. About "ray ban glasses" I guess you mean Pilot/Aviator Sunglasses? If you say "ray ban glasses" I guess you think of a certain style of sunglasses but that doesn't ring any bells with me, I'm not too proficient in the field of sunglasses ... About "crappy shore" I'm really ashamed I actually made the connection to "Jersey shore" there, but I refuse to look up that guys hairstyle, sorry
"Pandora hat"... did you by any chance mean a "fedora"? ...
And "red flannel on" I presume means a shirt he's wearing
His coat is white, what about his mane? And I have no idea how I would depict "muscular" or "sexy" or even "hyper". I didn't even know ponies could look particularly manly. *cough* I mean, whatever.

Quote: "I can literally be sexy is just that the ladies don't like me being a nerd. "

But... but... you're on a programmers forum in the My little pony thread here! How dare you say you're not a nerd!
But seriously why add that to the description? Sounds like you're insecure about your masculinity... Which kind of opposes the fact that you posted in that in the MLP thread in the first place

Oh and does he look anything like that guy:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=192010&b=2
o.0

And about your Edit:
Quote: "Please please please please please draw it now "

sorry, that's not how this works. It's not like I'm obliged to draw him for you I'll not just drop everything and craete something awesome right now... I'm working on something else now... as I said. I might draw something for you, if I feel like it. (Your description kinda makes this a tiny bit difficult for me... sorry haha I'll think about it Just, no promises!)

~RedFlames
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Yep....That was me in the ninth grade....*Sigh*"

I kind of wonder how long it's been since then...

Quote: "My signature is a guy with a top hat and molecule like someone in the 1920s and he's talking like that in a funny way "

O my gosh, I finally get it now! I thought it was just key mashing originally.
Quote: "Alright I'm a unicorn that is a boyfriend of rarity, a movie star/game designer, ray ban glasses on, kinda of having Ronnie's hair from Crappy Shore or having a pandora hat, red flannel on, tall, muscular,really white, and a male pony. I'm usually kinda hyper and sexy.

I can literally be sexy is just that the ladies don't like me being a nerd.

Please please please please please draw it now "

That description was amazing. I looked up the hair and it got even funnier. If you're up for it RF, just google that guy and make a pony out of him Zach would be happy

swis
RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 23:06 Edited at: 13th Mar 2012 23:08
Quote: "That description was amazing. I looked up the hair and it got even funnier. If you're up for it RF, just google that guy and make a pony out of him Zach would be happy "

[Applejack] Hmm... Nah. [/Applejack]

But just so you know what kind of silly sketching I'm actually doing...

Just "designing" Mass Effect inspired pony armor and not caring about how my lines look xD It was just supposed to be a mock-up/design prototype thing or whatever you'd call this... and I never zoomed into the Canvas closer than 60-70% That exported png at 100% zoom looks rather... rough... xD
And needless to say his arms/shoulders are very WIP state, just doodled around there. Hence I cropped the image (I won't even mention his head )
But however nonsensical this might be, it's pretty fun too... I might somehow make it into a cleaned version later (if I get that darned anatomy right... I shouldn't have started this "legs-only" in the first place ^^)
Edit: Btw it was kind of based off the maleShep cover-art for ME3...

~RedFlames

But yeah I have no idea what I'm gonna do next/after this
Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 23:26 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2018 02:01
[deleted]
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2012 00:14
>Checks thread,

>Zach is asking for shameless self-insert,

>Leaves thread before feelings are hurt...
Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2012 01:01 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2018 02:01
[deleted]
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2012 01:08
Quote: "I know 1 swiss person who's a brony, but you'd never guess who."

Mate, I'm Australian.

@ RedFlames

Hehe, well apart from that I do very much like your drawing Keep it coming!

TheComet

Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Never knew you were TheComet? I never knew you were Australian. I thought you were British.

_!!!!_
,0~U -Well I do say, its been quite a fancy forum for
__-____TheZachadoodle.________________________________
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Mate, I'm Australian."

Hey, you still count in both boats Swistralian. Not sure where you've spent the majority of your time though. Anyways, I saw this coming. I've met someone on a bf3 server who was swis with the tag pony. You both count as half.

Also, this ??? http://xat.com/SwissBronies

swis
RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2012 20:09
http://2edflames.deviantart.com/art/factory-defect-book-290294951

Not pony related, but it made my day. So I'm posting it here anyways. Who's gonna stop me?!
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2012 20:12
Perhaps he thought it'd be funny, stamp a foot print on the back and class it as a factory defect.

Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know that comic. What is it about?

_!!!!_
,0~U -Well I do say, its been quite a fancy forum for
__-____TheZachadoodle.________________________________
RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2012 20:22 Edited at: 14th Mar 2012 20:24
Quote: "Perhaps he thought it'd be funny, stamp a foot print on the back and class it as a factory defect."

Yeah a friend of mine thought the same, but why would he do that and sell it for 10$ instead of the regular price of 25$? Maybe he didn't actually have any defect copies left xD
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
That was great RF. I think companies should step on their products more often.

Also, I'm back into drawing, writing, etc. I haven't been able to find a single new ep since halfway through ep 12... gone through withdrawl. I rewatched an abridged episode and it got me back in the groove Feels much better.

swis
Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2012 20:33 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2018 02:02
[deleted]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 07:28:48
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 07:28:48