Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [LOCKED] My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2012 00:16 Edited at: 18th Feb 2012 00:17
Thanks for that,but as the message said, it wasn't allowed to be embeded. I clicked the "Watch on Youtube" and watched it on youtube

On the subject of ponies:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/01/discorded-ponies-dramatic-reading.html

Those are pretty awesome
I had watched the first 6 when they appeared, well I skipped the 20 minutes Trixie one >.> ... But that last one was epic! It made my eye produce tears somehow... dunno what went wrong there; must be some kind of hardware malfunction on my part!

Oh and I guess I'll just order the Bamboo Pen S off amazon next week, let's see how that goes...

Ah and another thing: I finally understand this new shirt on WeLoveFine...
http://www.welovefine.com/product.php?id_product=1747
Saw that one yesterday or somewhen, and went into a bookstore today, and now I own a copy of "The Hunger Games" ... is this some kind of pony scheme against me? I should learn how libraries work sometime. But I heard some good things about that book (btw bought english copy.) so yeah! Whatever.

~Twilight Sparkle out.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2012 02:09
My friend is trying to convince me into joining him as a bronie, could you guys talk some sense into him?

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2012 02:21
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2012 02:33
But I'm scared I might not be able to do things like this anymore:

http://devastatingexplosions.com/

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2012 16:21 Edited at: 18th Feb 2012 16:34

Congratulations CoffeGrunt, your Cutie Mark is NOW CANON

*back to watching new ep*

Well, that was a Pinkie episode, which obviously is the same as an awesome episode. So much songs! So much 4th walls and physics being destroyed by Pinkie xD
Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2012 16:32
Meow.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2012 19:36
Quote: "My friend is trying to convince me into joining him as a bronie, could you guys talk some sense into him?"

From what I've seen about you, you're an agnostic atheist no? So am I. Don't you think it would be reasonable to just look at the show a bit and then make a judgment about it? If you don't like it, that's fine, because then you can at least say "I watched it and didn't like it". If you like it, then it's fine too because it's awesome!

TheComet

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2012 20:25
Damn, you go off and go all reasonable on me. I was hoping for some bribery at least, maybe a cookie or two. I'll give in an see what the hype is all about and watch a few. Still, seeing pictures of ponies with mini-guns attached to them gives some leeway, even if just fan art.

Also, they used to keep bugging me about writing something happy and fluffy, because most of my writing has bad endings and when they have good endings I have to make my characters suffer for it. If this educates me in fluff then maybe I could write something that...involves death ponies of the apocalypse or something cheerful like that.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2012 22:59
I know, Seppuku, actual logic...just terrible.

But yeah, beyond, "omfg no gay," there isn't actually a real excuse for not actually trying it.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2012 23:15 Edited at: 18th Feb 2012 23:17
Quote: "I was hoping for some bribery at least, maybe a cookie or two. "

I maded you 2 cookies but I eated one of them. You can have the other one though:

bribery
cookie

Quote: "Also, they used to keep bugging me about writing something happy and fluffy, because most of my writing has bad endings and when they have good endings I have to make my characters suffer for it. If this educates me in fluff then maybe I could write something that...involves death ponies of the apocalypse or something cheerful like that."

I love reading dark and grim stories. I still remember that last one you sent me with that guy that went to church with his revolver. Any chance I could get to see some more? I think you should stick to writing what feels right to you, not what feels right to them

On that note, I've almost finished a story based on an event that occurred to me at work. Would you be interested in proof reading it? (It's a grim dark story so beware).

TheComet

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2012 00:22
Hey guys, just so you know:

I'm half way in the new episode. I love it but I just realized how selfish Pinkie's song is, being carried down a parade saying "SMILE FOR MEEEE"

But yes watch the show. And judge it fairly. And become a brony. You can be CrankyDoodleDonkey in our Mane 6.

Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2012 00:28 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2018 01:55
[deleted]
PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2012 01:03 Edited at: 19th Feb 2012 01:06
Havent been here for a while, anyway...
Because i really miss the maine 6 episodes which dont come around often this season, i started reading fanfics. Yesturday i finished reading "Envy and Arrogance" and it was damn good (the builtin backround music sytem this one has makes the reading experience particularly immersive (sp?)). I cant wait for the second book, (i think its supposed to be a trilogy).
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/759/Envy-and-Arrogance
(cover image for the story)
I know some bronies dont like the idea of fanfics, and neither do i, but the reason brony fandom is so great is because of the really high quality fan content and this particular fanfic is really epic.
Anyone know of any other good Epic fanfics to read?

dont hate people who rip you off,cheat and get away with it, learn from them
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2012 01:24 Edited at: 19th Feb 2012 02:49
Quote: "Quote: "Also, they used to keep bugging me about writing something happy and fluffy, because most of my writing has bad endings and when they have good endings I have to make my characters suffer for it. If this educates me in fluff then maybe I could write something that...involves death ponies of the apocalypse or something cheerful like that."

I love reading dark and grim stories. I still remember that last one you sent me with that guy that went to church with his revolver. Any chance I could get to see some more? I think you should stick to writing what feels right to you, not what feels right to them

On that note, I've almost finished a story based on an event that occurred to me at work. Would you be interested in proof reading it? (It's a grim dark story so beware).

TheComet"

Again with your logic! It's all a bit of fun, when we were at Uni we liked to challenge each other a lil bit.

In fact, I was thinking of getting something writery going for TGC writers to get involved with (and writer friends). TGC really doesn't have any where for people to post that kind of thing, but then it's a Game Creation forum. I am happy to give critique whenever people need it.

Oh and I guess I should post this, a friend maded it in some pony related gizmo. For a pony, it's pretty spot on. Women are jealous of my hair so it must be very lady like, this perhaps is proof of that.

[edit]
I might have just watched the 1st 2 episodes

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
No way. I was going to pass a cookie "under the table" then it turns out rainbow dash beat me to it. You won't have to worry about the detonation though. I did it about 7 times till some angry blue men came by. They can't take a valued member badge away anyway (well they haven't before) . This has really got to be one of the most productive corners of the forum though, with red flames art, cg writing, quik modeling, comet juggling 8 things, cormorant learning... the list goes on. Also, we have those soft scented candle and cake.

Zach - I knew all along

swis - No, it's not pokemon.
93% of human communication is non-verbal.
RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2012 06:24 Edited at: 19th Feb 2012 06:46
Quote: "This has really got to be one of the most productive corners of the forum though, with red flames art, cg writing, quik modeling, comet juggling 8 things, cormorant learning... the list goes on. "

It's like a Brony illness... it makes you be creative out of nowhere. At 11pm I thought "Hey I'm a little tired, maybe I'll go to bed early today..." But then I put on the new episode again (and listened to the "Smile" song a million times ) and started working on this thing... [*cough* which is totally not a sketch related to CGs birthday in 2 days, neither did it get bigger than I planned. *cough*] Then at 1am MicTheMic started the EqD stream, which was like a Skype version of Bronycon, with a little group of musicians, then artists, and most of the EqD staff... later they played L4D2
That was until about 4am I guess... been sketching around on my new sketchblock all the time (finally bought a new one! I can art forever now) and the next thing I know it's 6:20am now :I

~DerpyFlames

Edit:

God, why is makkon so full of win and awesomeness.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2012 15:13
I want Makkon's children, he is just amazing.

I don't care about the biological impossibilities, either!

Also, I think Seppuku's warming to our beloved pastel-coloured equines. We're a pretty productive bunch, aren't we? WIP board got nothin' on us.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2012 17:14
You say that, but I stopped programming to watch MLP episodes.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2012 17:33
Ah, give it time...you'll soon be doing this when you run out:
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2012 17:39
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2012 21:20
My dad wants to look at an episode. What's the best to start off with to really show what this whole thing is about?

TheComet

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2012 22:12
Hmmmm....haarrrghhh...

God, that's a good 'un. Most people agree, the Pilot episodes are best for introducing the characters...

How about Dragonshy?
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2012 22:24
Ah, that would have been a good one. I showed him "Sonic Rainboom" as I may be a bit of a fan of Rainbow Dash. Here's his feedback:

Quote: "-I find it Corny
-It does have some content, but I don't see how so many males can be watching something this colourful and happy
-The show acts as a pivot for the whole brony community. Since I don't know much about the culture behind it, the show doesn't appeal to me in the way you perceive it."

Operation Bald Brony failed.

TheComet

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2012 00:02
Quote: ", the Pilot episodes are best for introducing the characters..."

but not to show what its about, as they probably get all thinking "ooh it has a nice story" and then BAM dissappointed (like i was, but i managed to fight back the dissappointment)

The result of origin.. Oh and ponies
PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2012 07:22 Edited at: 20th Feb 2012 07:38
Check out my evil Luna drawing i have been drawing for the last 15 minutes (attachment)

also a smaller version

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2012 07:24
Looks quite awesome indeed

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2012 07:49
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Whoah! That's really pro! (had to rhyme here) My only crits is that the right side of her, medallion (?) looks a little morphed in comparison to the left. Nice job though.

Also, Comet, didn't get point out yet that I love the sig
"Cutie Mark? YUP! It's still there..."

Interesting we're in a developing community, yet we haven't done anything together at all. I guess the OSS included a few of us, but the lack of outside input sort of bailed its chances to the sideline for the time being.

Lastly, Quik. (and most likely others because we all know everything here ) This is completely off topic, but I've been modeling a knife for tf2. I want to form a thread about it soon, but not specifically on the modeling side, more on the "I'm trying to submit to the steam workshop" sort of thread (I've heard it's dreadful). Need some crits I suppose It's pretty simple, but want to have a look?

93% of human communication is non-verbal.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2012 16:30
Quote: "Also, Comet, didn't get point out yet that I love the sig "

Thanks

Quote: "Interesting we're in a developing community, yet we haven't done anything together at all. I guess the OSS included a few of us, but the lack of outside input sort of bailed its chances to the sideline for the time being."

We could give it a go, but I don't know how far it will get :/ We're all not very reliable as past expirience has proven, so if we were to start something it would float for a month or so and that's about it. How hard would it be to program a pony RPG? Who would assemble the team and manage everything? Who would be the programmer, modeler, concept artist, story writer, texture maker, music and sound composer, website developer etc. ?

TheComet

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "We could give it a go, but I don't know how far it will get :/ We're all not very reliable as past expirience has proven, so if we were to start something it would float for a month or so and that's about it. How hard would it be to program a pony RPG? Who would assemble the team and manage everything? Who would be the programmer, modeler, concept artist, story writer, texture maker, music and sound composer, website developer etc. ?"

Sorry I wasn't quite reliable enough with the open source shooter. I had VERY little faith in the community at that point. You put so much foward and the rest of them just floated about. It upset me a bit I think we would point towards something smaller anyways (something within that month), plus no one could really hide in this thread. Still just pointing it out. We could no one says we would

93% of human interaction is non-verbal.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2012 17:18
Quote: " (and most likely others because we all know everything here ) This is completely off topic, but I've been modeling a knife for tf2. I want to form a thread about it soon, but not specifically on the modeling side, more on the "I'm trying to submit to the steam workshop" sort of thread (I've heard it's dreadful). Need some crits I suppose It's pretty simple, but want to have a look?"

Would most definitly want to have a look at ti

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2012 17:24
Hey swiss, there's no need to apologise I absolutely valued your participation. Projects like those just need a good guiding hand, and I wasn't able to deliver that. Interest was there, and there was some work done, but it all fell apart because I wasn't there to channel it.

As to a pony game, I think it should be very possible to make one as long as it's very simple (like the game "Light Ship" I made for NaGaCreMo. That was managable in a month's time).

TheComet

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2012 17:49
I'm surprised that nobody here has started a Pony game yet. Except for Old School of course, and he's not even a brony.

I'm up to season 1 episode 6, so I guess that means I'm officially a freak of nature...well, more officially than before. Though I've been watching Hellsing today, the blood and violence is a definite contrast to vanquishing your enemies with love and friendship.

Hmm...wonder if there's a Alucard pony?

Oh what do you know? There is.
http://www.ponibooru.org/post/view/44670?search=alucard

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2012 20:26 Edited at: 20th Feb 2012 20:48
Quote: "Would most definitly want to have a look at ti "

Alright! It'll take me some time to get the pictures together, be back (these are untextured as a warning )
Quote: "Hey swiss, there's no need to apologise I absolutely valued your participation. Projects like those just need a good guiding hand, and I wasn't able to deliver that. Interest was there, and there was some work done, but it all fell apart because I wasn't there to channel it."

awww thanks, but I didn't exactly lead either. I opened up that one document, titled it (the bulk guideline one, as well as the time plan), then just stopped. I wanted to wait till one piece of work from somepony out there at least got shown in progress... I guess that was the right call. I had a lot of pretty neat concepts (some of which I'm saving for when I work at valve ) But they'll remain in the lock box for now.

Quote: "As to a pony game, I think it should be very possible to make one as long as it's very simple (like the game "Light Ship" I made for NaGaCreMo. That was managable in a month's time)."

That's what I was more suggesting towards, there's enough of us here now, we could gang up on the lazzies
We never really got to work out trying that project of yours... I never understood the hamburger end. (or whatever it was, hamachi?)

Quote: "I'm up to season 1 episode 6, so I guess that means I'm officially a freak of nature...well, more officially than before. Though I've been watching Hellsing today, the blood and violence is a definite contrast to vanquishing your enemies with love and friendship. "

I always work out a balance too. Too bad I can't find a way to watch any of the eps anymore, they all seem to be removed

Anyways, be back
Edit: I'm back! Time to clog a thread. (I can remove the embed if it's too long)

From looking back, is the handle smoothing a little off, the tail end looks a little morphed too maybe? not sure

972 tris
v
For some reason I can only subdivide entire objects, and if I do it in Wings 3D it divides by tris, which looks horrible... I'm not really a fan of 3D crafter, it was a nice handout, I gave it it's chance. I could try blender, but I honestly have no experience with it, I only use it as a middle man in a 4 step process of converting files to I can UV map them (and I like its default render )

Attachments

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2012 21:06
Quote: "For some reason I can only subdivide entire objects, and if I do it in Wings 3D it divides by tris, which looks horrible... "

sicne you want it in TF2 (right?) i would say you stay away from that

also, iam guessing this is a machete, since its what it looks like x) The blade looks incredibly dull, almost like a plastic toy, what did you use for reference?

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "sicne you want it in TF2 (right?) i would say you stay away from that"

Yeah, it gets the polies pretty high. The handle looks slightly nicer down the center strip, that's really the only area I wanted smoother.

Quote: "also, iam guessing this is a machete, since its what it looks like x) The blade looks incredibly dull, almost like a plastic toy, what did you use for reference?"

Oh right, it's a butter knife - spy. I used a butter knife

Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Pagan

It just sucks of how you draw!

Just joking it looks cool

_!!!!_
,0~U -Well I do say, its been quite a fancy forum for
__-____TheZachadoodle.________________________________
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2012 21:35
Quote: "Oh right, it's a butter knife - spy. I used a butter knife
"

HAH alright xD then it makes more sense to have it being blunt! XD

Quote: "The handle looks slightly nicer down the center strip, that's really the only area I wanted smoother."

on the blade? should be able to do it manually as far as i see^^

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "on the blade?"

Quote: "The handle looks slightly nicer down the center strip, that's really the only area I wanted smoother"

But yes, I probably could just add a few more strips lengthwise to smooth it out.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2012 22:02
iam so tired right now, you must excuse my bad english xD

Anyway, it looks quite cool:3 looking forward seeing it texturesd

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2012 01:49

how fast is this guy

And he didn't even use the original backing music.

And My little Dashie references still make me sad... curse you lulz. And the description too.
And also curse you MicTheMicrophone, for that very inappropriate upload. (seriously, Mic reading My little Dashie is a nice thing. But DO NOT CLICK the video he uploaded after that, trust me )

Oh and it's past midnight already! Happy Birthday CoffeeGrunt
Your present is lying next to me, but it's kind of too dark to photograph it... and the pencil lines reflect the lamp to much somehow. I'll try to get a decent photo tomorrow with the help of sunlight.

~RedFlames
PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2012 01:49 Edited at: 21st Feb 2012 07:27
Quote: "@ Pagan

It just sucks of how you draw!

Just joking it looks cool "

Well i usually draw stuff like this: (attacment)

Drawing ponies is new to me, Evil Luna was the first pony i ever drew

Attachments

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2012 07:39 Edited at: 21st Feb 2012 07:42
Well, I'm about to read the fic My Little Dashie. It's considered one of the most emotional fan fics out there, so let's hope I don't bring back the Niagra Falls.

link

TheComet

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2012 07:48
Just dont kill yourself after reading it

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2012 08:19 Edited at: 21st Feb 2012 09:58
Quote: "Leider können wir den oder die folgenden Artikel nicht wie vorgesehen verschicken und teilen Ihnen hiermit das aktualisierte voraussichtliche Lieferdatum mit:

"Wacom CTL-470K-DE Bamboo Pen"
Voraussichtliches Lieferdatum: 24. Februar 2012"

Amazon was going to send it yesterday, but now not until Friday... I want to see some SHIPPING... maybe Derpy caused this somehow.

@PAGAN: That is awesome Is that all done in pencil? How do you do that without smearing the whole thing with your hand

@TheComet: From a writing standpoint it might not be the best fiction out there (but I don't really 'see' bad writing myself.. I liked the story, but it's what I heard) but it might as well make you cry... I think I had a tear running down my face after I read it, I guess. And stuff related to MLD still makes me sad, but it's a little better now xD

Edit:
http://2edflames.deviantart.com/art/Alles-Gute-zum-Geburtstag-286318436
It's up
PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2012 10:49
If you look closley there are pencil smears, I usually, make a pesil drawing and go over it with a pen afterwards and add more detail.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2012 12:53 Edited at: 21st Feb 2012 14:12
That was the most touching story I've ever read in my life. Beautifully painful. I may as well have stabbed a dagger into my heart.

I'm a tough person to get to emotionally (my boss calls me an "ice block" because I'm so unemotional lol), and this story almost shed a tear. I... I'll need some time to digest this...

TheComet

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2012 16:50
The story is fiction its not worth slicing your wrists for

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2012 17:29
The story certainly was an expirience. I let it all out with a friend and I'm feeling a lot better now

Hell yeah! I've survived Cupcakes, Rainbow Factory, and My Little Dashie! I'm unstoppable now.

TheComet

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2012 17:29
can someone point me to Rainbow Factory? >:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 05:35:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 05:35:36