Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [LOCKED] My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 01:10
first i thought it was just a bunch of trolls trolling people, then, some of my friends got into it, so i decided to watch a few episodes and i was like... ok its kinda cool for a show for little girls, but i still didnt get into it, then the internet content started to pop up everywhere and i thought a lot of it was hilarios and generally good quality unlike most internet fanmade stuff, and only after that, i decided to watch the show again and i saw just how amazing it was.

dont hate people who rip you off,cheat and get away with it, learn from them
Venge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 01:36 Edited at: 1st Apr 2012 01:36

The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's alright with everyone else.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 01:37 Edited at: 1st Apr 2012 01:39
I think I already told you how I got here when I got here
I still blame you for that, CG

New episode:
Started off great, the pre-intro-scenes were hilarious. Also, poor Scoots can't fly
After that I guess like most people I thought "generic plot is gonna be generic" but of course these guys know what they're doing! Some hilarious scenes and continuity, and of course CMC are always awesome! I thought the exaggerated behaviour of Diamond Tiara was great albeit being a little strange in places
I also just noticed what exactly happened in that scene with the cucumber-slices... when RD storms in they're catapulted from Spikes eyes to RD's eyes, then she takes one into her mouth and *swallows* it, and then Spike somehow fishes it out again?... o.O So random
All of the Mane 6 were in it, when AJ and Big Mac were pissed they changed roles and AJ just said "Yup" and "Nope" while Big Mac scolded the CMC. xD

The end was somewhat unexpected, as it was a good solution and a good lesson, that scene with RD's raincloud was so sweet. :3
Will Anderson is still producing top notch BGM too.

Tl;dr: Breaking news! Ponies still awesome! Will it ever end?! (eeeyup )

~RedFlames

on an unrelated note: I signed up at bronies.de (germane FiM forum) and there seems to be a whole bunch of Bronies in my general area! They're planning small regular meetings in the city where I go to university, so I'll most likely end up there too sometime.

Edit: @Venge dat face.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 01:46
Quote: "The end was somewhat unexpected, as it was a good solution and a good lesson, that scene with RD's raincloud was so sweet. :3
Will Anderson is still producing top notch BGM too."

I actually found that the end was very much expected :S

The result of origin.. Oh and ponies
RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 01:56
Quote: "I actually found that the end was very much expected :S"

Hm I thought they'd either try to get rid of the evidence photos Diamond Tiara had, or try to publish something gossip-worthy about Diamond Tiara herself.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 02:08
Quote: "Hm I thought they'd either try to get rid of the evidence photos Diamond Tiara had, or try to publish something gossip-worthy about Diamond Tiara herself."

my first thought was they were to publish the photos tiara had

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 05:27
Quote: "So she tweaks a few ponies now and then. Maybe they deser- uuuuhhhh! I'LL DESTROY HER!!!"

That made me laugh hard

New episode was awesome, I give it a 9/10.

TheComet

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 05:39
No pirate-activity or I'm shutting this thread down.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 05:47
Pirate activity?
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 08:30
Quote: "No pirate-activity or I'm shutting this thread down."

May I ask what you mean? Are you counting youtube for that?

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 11:03
*looks at date* Oh hey it's that time of the year again, eh?
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 13:19 Edited at: 1st Apr 2012 13:19
Quote: "*looks at date* Oh hey it's that time of the year again, eh?"

You think so, but the date of April Fools was actually officially changed last year because the Roman festival it's based on, Hilaria was held March 25th and officials decided there was no real reason to hold it on April 1st and moved it back to March 25th, so I'm afraid we've all managed to miss it this year. I would have said something, but I thought it'd be pretty funny watching you all miss Hilaria and it worked.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 15:12
I like cats.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 19:36
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 19:44 Edited at: 1st Apr 2012 19:50
He does have a point.. now in which of these 68 pages have I posted a link...

Still, i cant quite shake the possibility of April troll x) After 2717 messages, one would think this would have come sooner =P

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 19:52
Until now I doubt a MOD was brave enough to look at this thread...

I pop in every now and then to scan the thread for flames, etc. I've just now noticed the youtube links.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 20:00 Edited at: 1st Apr 2012 20:06
Right, sorry. What part of the YouTube links is against their ToS? In my defence, it's a big ToS, and I can't see anything glaring that I didn't already know.

Why would this forum have a feature - supported by YouTube no less - to display their media on here if it was to YouTube's chagrin? All brony media is free for all. I don't think we've posted anything else here that's expressly breaching copyright, unless I've overlooked something...

/Edit/

I just checked over the last five pages. The only non-MLP Youtube media posted here was at that last, fifth page. A two second clip from King of the Hill, A Blues Brother's rendition of Rawhide, and a clip from Waterboy. All in the region of the 11th March, a good three weeks ago.

If your issue if with My Little Pony media directly, then I'd like to make you aware that Hasbro not only allows the distribution and editing of this media, (because the money's in the toys, not the show.) But it also allows its employees at Studio B and the like to actively work with the brony community.

As there is no copyright issues surrounding the My Little Pony media, and what little was posted was minute clips for pop culture reference from popular shows and movies, I don't understand the problem.
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 20:14
I'm not concerned about clips or edited material, most company's love this free publicity. It's the links to full episodes which is against copyright and Hasbro has actively taken action against sites for doing this. Youtube has also started to crack down on members who post full episodes of any show, going as far as deleting the account.

I have nothing against pony lovers, to each his own.

This is not up for debate.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 20:26
But Hasbro has not filed any suits, nor has YouTube.

The taking down of sites was to prevent the distribution of 1080p/5.1 pony material ripped from iTunes, from which Hasbro still makes some money.

The YouTube takedowns are the work of trolls, not YouTube nor Hasbro. Hasbro cannot makes money from it, and it doesn't compete with any of their fields that do, so it doesn't fall within their hammering range.

Hasbro have no issue with any form of pony media uploaded to YouTube. It's their official stance on the matter, and has been since this fandom reached their attention in October '10. YouTube likewise haven't announced any plans to take down material like this.

It was entirely the work of trolls, so as neither of the companies have issue with it, we are free to upload to YouTube.
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 20:41
Unfortunately you're wrong. Hasbro is actively taking down full episodes. What your referring to is the misconception the 'brony' community had towards the take down of several sites and videos on youtube. Where you thought it was trolls it was in fact Hasbro Inc. sending the C&Ds. This started in Dec '11.

24hrs to go through your posts and delete the links. I'm not going to waist my time shifting through this thread. As I said, this is not up for debate.

I'll repeat, I have nothing against pony lovers. Clips, trailers and fan made videos are fine, but full episodes are not.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 20:44
Okay, I took down the two videos.

We have archives on Equestria Daily. Everyone'll just have to use those instead, now.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 20:52
From the perspective of TGC and its mods, they just want their butts covered from any potential legal action. Everybody knows where to find MLP episodes, so it's not necessary to post them up and of course it keeps people from being worried that TGC's gonna face a lawsuit.

It's up to Hasbro if they want to take legal action or not, but the fact the law is in their favour means that it is still technically illegal content if it's breaking their copyright/end-user agreement and TGC forbids illegal content. Hasbro may not act on it, but I'm sure TGC don't want to be in a position where they don't have 2 feet to stand on by not acted on illegal content. If there's a clause in their agreements that says, "users may rip/convert, upload and share videos via social media of MLP", then it's a different matter.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 21:47
Although the directive isn't up for discussion it's also worth pointing out:

1. A UK citizen was extradited to the US for hosting a website containing ONLY LINKS to copyrighted material. Ironically the US is full of similar people that are easier to apprehend, and in the UK we can't even return a known terrorist and inciter of hatred back to his own country.

2. In the UK, somebody has been arrested and is in prison awaiting trial for trolling.

Given the above 2 points, the decisions are made to protect both TGC and the individuals concerned. If in doubt, we as mods will err on the side of caution to protect all parties.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 21:59
Fair doos then, I understand.

I've removed the links from the original post. I just need others to refrain from posting links on here, then. That's beyond my control, but I'm sure I can trust you all.
RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 22:17
Okay I see what you're getting at. Removed the youtube link on the last page (I think I have 100 posts per page setting, whatever) and I'll look through my older posts for youtube links
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Josh, this isn't a good place, but it's good enough. - Your project thread was locked (I assume by you) before I could say I wrote a little code for you. I was inspired by your hex-grid and took up writing a very small bit of code. I have no idea if it's any use to you, but it was written in AppGameKit basic - depends what path you've stumbled onto. I just wanted to ask before I expanded the code myself. There are a handful of different choices that may or may not fit your needs, so if you do care the code has to be written accordingly.
_________
So all of you walked into CG/a friend and took it up, just like that? Not very exiciting My story was far more complex...

swis
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 22:31 Edited at: 1st Apr 2012 22:32
Swiss: I would recommend yo umail him about it :3

Last episode(CMC): It was.. quite awesome really, although iam NOT a big fan of CMC, so i was a bit dissappointed in that, but it did have a fair bit of mane six in it so...

the story was far from original, but i still like it

wont give a rating because I CANT GIVE A RATING on this... iam so torn between everything *CUURSE YOU CMC*

Quote: "So all of you walked into CG/a friend and took it up, just like that? Not very exiciting "

I've always had a thing for cartoons :3

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 22:35 Edited at: 1st Apr 2012 22:36
Quote: "Swiss: I would recommend yo umail him about it :3 "

I thought to, but the last couple times he never responded. I think that was during the period he had been assigned a large project and was still busy at work etc... decided to try somewhere he might look for sure - maybe?

Quote: "I've always had a thing for cartoons :3"

Guess it was a no brainer with this one then.

swis
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 22:40
Quote: "Guess it was a no brainer with this one then. "

except, i was one of those "omg ponies uasajs<>_> people
so it was hesitant, indeed

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 22:46
Went through all the pages with CTRL+F "RedFlames" to go through all my posts since I first got here (that's 800 posts ago ) and removed links to full episodes (most of them handn't even been removed from youtube! I guess Hasbro doesn't do much against the lower quality 480p uploads... but that doesn't mean it's allowed
Also removed links to full german episodes, from back when we all concluded the german dubbing is kinda horrible compared to the english ones
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
I know I haven't posted any videos except music... hmmm, maybe those should be removed as well? Then again, we post such things in the posting comp all the time. advice?

swis
RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2012 03:19
Quote: "advice?"

Advice: Read Josh's post again

Quote: "24hrs to go through your posts and delete the links. I'm not going to waist my time shifting through this thread. As I said, this is not up for debate.

I'll repeat, I have nothing against pony lovers. Clips, trailers and fan made videos are fine, but full episodes are not."

Just take out links to full episodes.
Music is the property of the musicians, and even if they use voice samples/clips from the show it's highly unlikely Hasbro would do anything or even bother or get through with that... There's so much stuff like that, I don't think you can stop remix culture
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2012 08:02
Why of all dates did you choose April 1st for this?

TheComet

Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2012 13:41
I've been busy lately.

Sorry bout that.

I'm cold.

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2012 13:55
Meow.
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2012 00:11 Edited at: 7th Apr 2012 00:13
W00f.

Quote: "Advice: Read Josh's post again "
Quote: "Just take out links to full episodes.
Music is the property of the musicians, and even if they use voice samples/clips from the show it's highly unlikely Hasbro would do anything or even bother or get through with that... There's so much stuff like that, I don't think you can stop remix culture"

I meant actual songs published for monetary purposes. We post them all over the posting comp, but it's still not the uploader's property

Quote: "I'm cold."

is this why?

It's probably too much isn't it? Still a pretty cool look.

swis

Attachments

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2012 00:54
That's some fine silverware But the surface is much too rough, not metallic enough...

Also, I just realized The Hub adds the tags "[...] brony bronies [...]" to their youtube promo-clips. That's cool

And I kinda want your opinions on the artwork I'm working on, because I just showed it to two people and both thought Vinyl and Petri were dancing :I They're not dancing. I might adjust Petri's body position somewhat or change her right leg or their arms... but I already started the lighting/shading on Vinyl... meh.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/69014538/staccato_wip7_5_clean.png

For those who don't know, it's based on CG's vinyl Cutie Mark shortstory 'Staccato' in the Allegrezza universe, which can be found here:
http://coffeegrunt.deviantart.com/art/Staccato-Commission-290845153

~RedFlames
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2012 03:01 Edited at: 7th Apr 2012 03:31
Quote: "That's some fine silverware But the surface is much too rough, not metallic enough... "

That was my diamond/ice route I took for fun I renovated it a good deal, but it just didn't look "tf2", so I returned to the metal look.
I took a boat load of pictures, but I can't attach them all and include them in-post, so here's a good one. Think I got it down?

Anyways - will look in a sec RF

Edit: That art's got some real style to it, so props for that. Scratch seems fine, but the other seems a little bent at the "knees." What are they doing if they aren't dancing? Still, Looks pretty good so far. Is it bad if they appear to be dancing? I know its frustrating when people misinterpret your work though... more opinions?

swis

Attachments

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline

Derp

Portfolio; Arthiccup.com
Lazerus Reborn on Polycount and a few other places.
RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2012 01:14 Edited at: 8th Apr 2012 01:15
Thanks for reminding me why I don't like freddiew Srsly, I don't understand why he makes those videos. Technically it's not bad, but why doesn't he do something better instead of random weird flashy videos...

Oh and by the way, in the german brony forum some guy wants to make a pony 'Worms'-style 2d game. I might help on that, although there isn't much done yet. But it sounds doable and not too over the top. Let's see how that goes. Oh and I'm probably gonna hang out/meet with some Bronies next weekend. Nothing fancy, as I said before they're planning to meet every month or so. Hopefully will be totally super neato.

Oh and new episode. Fancy desserts, fancy detective hats, fancy villian montages, fancy alliterations. Most awesome episode, I mean, as awesome as all the other awesome episodes we had before. (Certainly liked it much more than Ponyville confidential)
Gonna watch it again now.
~RedFlames
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2012 01:29
Quote: "Thanks for reminding me why I don't like freddiew Srsly, I don't understand why he makes those videos. Technically it's not bad, but why doesn't he do something better instead of random weird flashy videos... "

Because he makes what HE enjoys making, not what the audience WANTS him to make

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2012 01:41
Quote: "Because he makes what HE enjoys making, not what the audience WANTS him to make"

Yup, I'm not saying he shouldn't do what he wants, just that in my opinion his videos are a little strange to say the least But that's just my 2 cents on that... that video there has 1,500,000 views so I guess he's pretty known and has fans and stuff, his videos certainly aren't bad...

And I think out of season 2 I haven't been laughing as much during an episode as with this one... but I could be wrong. I'm in a good mood in general. But this episode certainly is great (currently watching again)
Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
The new episode of My Little Pony was just random.

_!!!!_
,0~U -Well I do say, its been quite a fancy forum for
__-____TheZachadoodle.________________________________
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2012 02:29
It was great, and yes, i too laughed a lot of it xD
And no, it isnt random, its quite clishé however you now spell that...

It was AMAZING

though - too little fluttershy... xD

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2012 02:34
I missed AJ... she didn't even get a fancy hat! But Twilight had a nice hat, so that was good
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2012 02:34
It's a Pinkie episode...it's gunna be random.

Gotta say, her and Twilight look cute as heck in those hats.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2012 02:46
@ lazerus

Dafuq was that?

New episode was OK... I give it a 6/10.

TheComet

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 16:50:29
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 16:50:29