Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Anayar's FREE Weapon Pack W.I.P

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 08:00
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 15:23
UPDATE:
This was a request... I am adding 2 versions of EVERY gun to the pack. One will be a Jungle Camo and the other a Snow Camo. Will post screenshots of all the rigged guns with their respective camos soon... For now enjoy the Intervention

And the new scope... still needs a little tweaking

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Snake200
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 17:12
Everything looks good, but I have a bit different question for you, namely, why you have such a low framerate on these screens from FPSC? I see only 11-13 FPS. That's not too much.
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 17:23
Quote: "Everything looks good, but I have a bit different question for you, namely, why you have such a low framerate on these screens from FPSC? I see only 11-13 FPS. That's not too much."

LOL, well thats because Im on my Laptop which is Single Core and doesnt even have an external GPU Dont worry, it has nothing to do with the guns

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Snake200
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 19:15
thanks for the explanation
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 20:49
I can't wait to see the G36C get those camos.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2011 06:43
Quote: "I can't wait to see the G36C get "

Your wish is my command

G36C Camos;

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
KNIFIN NOOB
Years of Service
User Offline
Will the guns come with the default camos such as Black on the G36?
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2011 18:46
WOW! normally I don't like the look of jungl camos, but it looks pretty cool on that G63C! nice work.

@KNIFIN NOOB
I don't think he'd spend all the time making the textures for the G36C and other guns just to discard them, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2011 19:31
Quote: "Will the guns come with the default camos such as Black on the G36? "

Quote: "I don't think he'd spend all the time making the textures for the G36C and other guns just to discard them, so I don't think you have anything to worry about."

... What he said...

Quote: "WOW! normally I don't like the look of jungl camos, but it looks pretty cool on that G63C! nice work."

Thanks mate!

Ive been on a lapse for the day... just no drive to start texturing. I did make about 20 models for another pack Im workign on. For some reason Modelling attracts me a LOT mroe thn texturing... IDK if you know what I mean.

Anyways, I soem urgent business to attand to; namely designing a brochure for a hospital; so will only be able to post any updates tom. Anyways, all I did with this pack today was play with shaders ont the Taurus and also made some entity pick-ups

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2011 19:54
well, personally I love 2d art, but I just can't get a hold of UV unwrapping, but 3D modeling is always fun. good luck on the brochure stuff.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 12:04
Very sorry guys, but Im delaying the release of this pack till sometime in September. The reason for this is that I was looking at MP9/10 and MP5/6 and just am NOT willing to release a pack that is not atleast up to par with the weapons shown there.

Please pardon the delay... I wont release this till I am 100% sure oyu will like it, AND till I like it 100%.

What does this mean?
This means Im going to be RE-UV Mappign EVERY gun and starting from scratch. No more going the easy way of using weapon orthos... Im going to do it all this time. Thats right, Hand-painted textures, and new and improved shaders. Wish me luck.

P.S: This also means that anyone who would like to donate weapon models to the pack has a LOT more time Abdul Ahad has pledged a Super Kriss to the pack... Ill post a render when i receive it

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
I really like that Makarov just the way that it is. The stock hands would make it blend well with the rest of my game.
As far as I can say, that gun would look a lot better in Dusk then the Colt45. LOL.

Your signature has been eaten by a llama. Sorry; that's just the way it goes.
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 14:53
@ASTEK: LOL, well glad you like it Maybe I should clarify;

CLARIFICATION:
I will NOT be changing the textures on ANY of the completed guns!

I meant to say that ALL the new guns will be hand-textured and will only use small parts of weapon orthos (to get the fine details). The Curently rigged/finished weapons will be left AS-IS!

@ASTEK: Sent you an email too

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Your texturing work is so massively awsome Anayar.Take your time buddy.

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,Rolfy,KeithC,Nickydude,SceneCommander,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

BSP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 17:35
@anayar
Your weapons looks very impressive. Maybe you should publishing it as an official MP?
Don't you thought about such a possibility? I write so, because I think that creating a
weapons and then animate them is very time-consuming task. I know what I write,
because I make a models of weapons too.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 19:56
Quote: "@anayar
Your weapons looks very impressive. Maybe you should publishing it as an official MP?
Don't you thought about such a possibility? I write so, because I think that creating a
weapons and then animate them is very time-consuming task. I know what I write,
because I make a models of weapons too"

Well you took the words right out of my mouth...

Heres the BIG UPDATE:

I was thinking that this year hadnt seen any FREE official Model Pack releases. So I contacted Rick last week and asked him about having this weapon pack be Model Pack 57... the next official MP

To my surprise and delight he thought that was a great idea and gave me the needed info. All artists who have donated their media have already given their permission too.

Now you guys might see why Im beign so picky and making things PERFECTO before I release the pack

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 20:01
That's great news indeed, can't wait 'til September!!

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 20:39
Sounds realy awsome!!

Srry about my english im from sweeden
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 22:06
oh wow! thats frickin' sweet! free guns! might find a few of these re-rigged to EAI animation knocking around in my games

Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 22:51
That's awesome, anything I contribute I won't be able to use Max though :S But I can pull it off... Actually, since this would probably have a commercial licence then I won't be able to anyway. I've got some old weapons laying around, so I'll send them in if you want.

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 23:58
so the big news finally got out. I guess it was about time. I guess I'll have some more guns to throw in then. HEAVY WEAPONS!!!

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 06:49
Quote: "Your texturing work is so massively awsome Anayar.Take your time buddy."

Thanks mate! Appreciate it.

Quote: "That's great news indeed, can't wait 'til September!!"

I thought I told you? Oh well, good to see you interested too mate... though IDK if these will be useful in Seclusion.

Quote: "Sounds realy awsome!!"

Glad to see your excited mate

Quote: "oh wow! thats frickin' sweet! free guns! might find a few of these re-rigged to EAI animation knocking around in my games "

That would have been my first choice, but I didnt want to bug EAI and also didnt want to deal with all the licenses. Anyways, I have JFletchers permission to use his hands and textures so thats set

Quote: "That's awesome, anything I contribute I won't be able to use Max though :S But I can pull it off... Actually, since this would probably have a commercial licence then I won't be able to anyway. I've got some old weapons laying around, so I'll send them in if you want."

I understand It would be awesome to have something from you though Im going to stop taking donations once I get to 17 or 18 guns. It just becomes a pain editing them all

Quote: "so the big news finally got out. I guess it was about time. I guess I'll have some more guns to throw in then. HEAVY WEAPONS!!!"

Yeah, well i was planning to keep it a secret but then BSP posted I blame it on him! (JK mate, JK )

Well Im going to buy DarkShader and whip up a few shaders for this pack... So expect this pack to come with some custom shaders too

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 09:38 Edited at: 14th Aug 2011 09:39
awesome! i really can't wait.

Also, I sent you an email. no rush in replying though, it's not urgent.

Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 12:21
Awesome, now imma hop on the bandwagon

would something like this be good enough (I've remodelled and textured it since I last showed you)

Poloflece

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 12:54 Edited at: 14th Aug 2011 12:57
That does look a LOT better. The Normal Map is a tad bit overdone, but sure! Id love to put it in the pack I might re-texture some parts though, mainly the Mag and handle

If youd like to donate it just send it to my email. If you can, please send the Un-Rigged version

Cheers,
Anayar

[EDIT]Did you see about getting that MSN yet? If not, then atleast add me on facebook. Its abhi@anayar.com[/EDIT]

For KeithC
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 12:57 Edited at: 14th Aug 2011 12:57
@polofleece: Imho the texture for both wood and metal look much to structured and should be a lot smoother.

Personal impression

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 13:28
@Anayar and Storyteller 001

I think it's how 3d coat rendered the normal map. This is how it looks in fpsc (this one has an extra ironsight)

@Anayar

I'll add you on fb now, I can also get a variety of kalashnikov rifles modeled since I've figured out a method of doing so.

Poloflece

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 14:02
Quote: "I thought I told you? Oh well, good to see you interested too mate... though IDK if these will be useful in Seclusion."

lol you're right, you did tell me in MSN, but I thought it was worth posting in here as well!!

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 22:49
Alright, learnt a few new modelling techniques and put them to the test creating this character. Still a WIP as I havent moved on to the head as of yet. I was also learning about how to render AO (ambient occlusion) and have a little preview of that here also. Lastly, m learning to use the unwrapping tool; Roadkill, and this will give me some good practice.

Thats it. Give me some good crits. All going according to plan, I should have a few chars. included in this pack as well

Normal WIP Render;

Same Render with AO;

Let me know what you think

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
KNIFIN NOOB
Years of Service
User Offline
Um the character thumb faces a different way on each hand.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 00:05
I am absolutely clueless when it comes to modelling so I wonder a bit why this guy is so extremly smooth while the weapons are rather "blocky".

Doesn't that mean the guy has a ton of polygons?

(but as I said, I am clueless about modelling)

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 00:42

I mean.. looks awesome

@Storyteller 001

Not nescesarily, characters are mainly made up of cylinders which can be smoothed using a smoothing group. But you can also use normal maps from high poly models and put them onto a lower poly model. (This adds a lot of surface detail and is used in next gen games)

Poloflece

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 00:57
his crotch looks kinda weird, but it is still a good go at a character model, as they are much harder than weapons. By the way, you can always use a base mesh found online to get the anatomy down, and manipulate it to get what your looking for. You actually learn a lot about poly structure from that.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 06:53
Quote: "Um the character thumb faces a different way on each hand.
"

Im aware of that... it was 1 AM when i posted this... was a bit too lazy to fix it It WILL be fixed though

Quote: "I am absolutely clueless when it comes to modelling so I wonder a bit why this guy is so extremly smooth while the weapons are rather "blocky".

Doesn't that mean the guy has a ton of polygons?

(but as I said, I am clueless about modelling)"

Thats because, as Poloflece siad, this si the high-poly version for the Normal Map bake. Modellers make a high-poly version so that they can bake the details into a normal map and use it with the low-poly character

This guy sits around 15,000 polies so far, without a head, feet, or any of the armor Im going to add.

Quote: "I mean.. looks awesome"

Thanks mate!

Quote: "his crotch looks kinda weird, but it is still a good go at a character model, as they are much harder than weapons. By the way, you can always use a base mesh found online to get the anatomy down, and manipulate it to get what your looking for. You actually learn a lot about poly structure from that."

Well it is my first. And also, I followed a tut to start out then applied the lessons from that to build the rest of the body. I dont like looking at others models as i learn more by actually building things from scratch

Thanks for the comments guys!
More shots to come today

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 09:48
Will they be rigged to the standard FPSC rig? or something else? Not that I think this will happen but it would be awesome if our pack had EAI's character rig...just but it would even better if you animated it your self.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 10:49
Quote: "Will they be rigged to the standard FPSC rig? or something else? Not that I think this will happen but it would be awesome if our pack had EAI's character rig...just but it would even better if you animated it your self."

Yep, they will be rigged to the stock skeleton. Im not sure how you plan on getting EAI's permission to use his rigs lol as he is selling them in a $50 pack

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
KNIFIN NOOB
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok thanks for clearing the thumb thing up.
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 22:10
LOL I was just messing around. But you should have a go at making some animations of your own.

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
I replied Anayar. I've had a really long weekend. I completely forgot to look at my email. lol

Your signature has been eaten by a llama. Sorry; that's just the way it goes.
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 08:31 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 08:34
Quote: "Ok thanks for clearing the thumb thing up."

NP, just look at the render below

Quote: "LOL I was just messing around. But you should have a go at making some animations of your own."

LOL, I got that. i was beign sarcastic too.
As Thraxas would say: I FAIL.

Quote: "I replied Anayar. I've had a really long weekend. I completely forgot to look at my email. lol"

Got to step out for a bit ATM, but as soon as I get back I will reply to it

Alright, UPDATE time;

Fixed;
1. Arm seams
2. Flipped Hand
3. Some Normal Errors

Added;
1. Shoes/Boots
2. Knee Pads
3. Pistol/Knife holsters'

Alright, so in this update Ive started adding the soldiers armor. The knee pads and holsters. Let me know what you think The heads going to come next... I just found a really good tut

Plain render;No AO (IMO looks better ):

Render with AO Bake:

C&C is appreciated.

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 08:49
...SHOW ME HOW TO DO THAT!!!

Anayar+Character Modeling= $$$$$$$

Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 08:54 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 08:55
Nice work! I love the legs, they're kinda square and cartoony, which I like. Crits, the torso looks really bulky and square, mostly around the waste. The pistol's grip also seems really long to me. Other than that everything's great.

I really need to dive into characters, don't I? I believe I do.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 09:02
Quote: "...SHOW ME HOW TO DO THAT!!! "

LOL

Quote: "Anayar+Character Modeling= $$$$$$$"

LOL again... I wish, but most of my stuff is free

Quote: " Nice work. I love the legs, they're kinda square and cartoony, which I like. Crits, the torso looks really bulky and square, mostly around the waste. The pistol's grip also seems really long to me. Other than that everything's great."

Well TBH, I wasnt going for a cartoony look but...
Im not worrying about the waist section because it is going to be covered in another set of armor (pouches and stuff). I might have a shirt-only version... then Id fix the waist area

Quote: "I really need to dive into characters, don't I?"

Well... considering your better than me at most other things, my opinion on that would be biased

Thanks for the comments guys...

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 09:17
Quote: "Well TBH, I wasnt going for a cartoony look but... "

Cartoony wasn't the best word to use... I don't how to explain it, when I say cartoony I mean more like comic book style rather than realistic. Like with exagerated shapes... I don't know what I'm getting at, but I like it. I guess the best example I can think of is Nathan Drake from Uncharted.

Quote: "Well... considering your better than me at most other things, my opinion on that would be biased"

Most flattering, but I disagree If you insist then I say we're on par.

Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 11:14
Quote: " I say cartoony I mean more like comic book style rather than realistic"

Kinda like team fortess, not necessarily the correct proportions, but looks unique and very good

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 11:28
Quote: "Cartoony wasn't the best word to use... I don't how to explain it,...I guess the best example I can think of is Nathan Drake from Uncharted."

Wow, I wish I could model somethin as good as the stuff from uncharted lol But now I get what you mean
Quote: "Kinda like team fortess, not necessarily the correct proportions, but looks unique and very good"

Thats quite a compliment! Thank You Polo!

Added a head... whew. Now to add all the accesories and finish mapping him

Please let me know what you think! the crit is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 11:42
Quote: "nice, good proportions too.

The head doesn't appear to join with the neck well, is he wearing some kind of neck attire or should that be fixed?"

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 12:04
Whyd u quote yourself mate lol

Anyways, thats a small seam where i joined the head and neck. The head was modeled seperately so I had to do a little bridging/target welding to attach them.

It wont appear after the model is mapped though

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 13:09
This is great, you are doing perfect job
Keep going mate !

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 12:51:39