Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Free Playbook Tablet Offer

Author
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
What do you do in that case Daniel, you have to pay customs duty?
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2012 14:00 Edited at: 29th Mar 2012 14:03
I called the courier company yesterday and they flagged the issue with customs. Basically all they wanted was my name, what was in the package, and my address. Once I confirmed this they said they'd release it. That was around 11am - 12pm yesterday.

Since then I kept a careful watch on the tracking status to see if it's updated. It had not updated by 9am this morning so I phoned up again. The courier company confirmed that they had put in the release request before the cut off period, they then contacted customs at the airport, an I was asked to wait a couple of hours for a return call from the airport directly.

Since then the guy has called, I've taken down his name and telephone number, and he's confirmed that he's now got all the details, apologised for the delay, and told me that I should receive the package tomorrow.

So I'm going to wait until 9am tomorrow and see if the tracking data changes, if it doesn't I'll call the guy back and find out what's going on. So here's keeping my fingers crossed! Of course I won't know what extra hoops I'll need to jump through until I've got the parcel in my hands, or it's confirmed as being within the UK transport system at least.

On a completely different note I won a ZX spectrum +2 off ebay for £7.50 last week, that should have turned up the day before last! So it doesn't seem to be a good week for me and parcels
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2012 16:44
The PlayBook is worth the wait! I'm loving it

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2012 19:20
Quote: "Sitting in London with customs because RIM didn't bother to complete the paperwork properly"

Are you sure? Mine said at customs import clearance in Stanstead for about 24 hours, then got delivered 24 hours later..it's waiting for me when I get home

Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2012 20:36 Edited at: 29th Mar 2012 20:41
Yeah I'm sure, there was a request on my tracking screen stating that clearance instructions from the importer was required, when I spoke to various agents it became clear to me that they didn't know what the item was or where it was going so it was red flagged. I've sent a few packages abroad myself these customs forms can be a massive pain, epically if one side doesn't attach the paper work correctly after reading it. I suppose RIM might have provided the correct documentation, and it wasn't replaced correctly or simply wasn't attached that well and fell off in transit.

Anyway my tracking data now reflects that the parcel is on UK roads and heading this way, so hopefully I'll be the recipient of a new playbook.

Either way it certainly doesn't hurt that I tend to obsessively chase these things up.
Trisect Development
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2012 22:30
So finally I got the e-mail saying they send my PlayBook.

Quote: "
The wait and anticipation is nearly over. We shipped your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet today and you will be receiving it shortly. We suspect that you will be delighted and impressed by the design, features, and capabilities of this professional-grade tablet and that it will inspire fresh ideas for app development.
"

iOS Apps from Trisect Development.
Click here.
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2012 15:05 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2012 17:19
My wait is over
Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2012 16:43
@ Daniel,

Thanks for the unboxing video, (not sure about the bare feet )

I did not get the correct power adaptor clip for the UK either.

BB Tec Support, offered to send me one, it is a
'UK CLIP Assy-03746-001'
but I just bought one from eBay for £1.39 inc Postage!

Have fun!

Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2012 16:46
Thanks, I've got more than enough USB adapters hanging around and it charges from from my Asus TF101 adapter so it's all good.

Bare feet are more natural than shoes!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 17:09
Daniel I started watching your sideloading video, it is corrupt from 5:13 onwards

Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2012 17:18 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2012 19:54
Thanks for pointing it out, I've improved, fixed and reuploaded.

Unboxing

Sideloading

Review

Front and back camera tests

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 13:10:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 13:10:08