Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V120 Public Beta 18 (RC)

Author
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 21:23
Quote: "Specs please as I'm not seeing this."

I'm not seeing it either. In fact, I was having a little bit of sliding issues before ( I just ignored them as the player usually doesn't stand on the stairs. ) However, with these current fixes with the player physics I'm not getting it anymore. MK83, I do see it happening in your video.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 21:58 Edited at: 12th Jan 2013 22:02
M2n-SLI deluxe mb
4 gig ram
amd 9800 black cpu quad core
gtx 260 video card driver version 310.90
windows 8 OS
here's my dxdiag.

mk83 Productions

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 22:22
Latest alpha fix tested. No wobble trouble for me
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 22:38
thought it might be the terrorstrike map, but, I tested the metro theater map and it does it on those stairs as well.

mk83 Productions
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
It all seems to be working fine at my end, I dont know what Black Arts y'all is into to fix things, but thanks a lot.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@MK83 :- Im not seeing this as well not sure why you getting the slide is it with every stairs ?

Is there any stairs that don't have the effect and is it only when you go up the stairs.

Thanks to everyone who worked on this beta you all done a great job.

Best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 23:41
Just tested the latest alpha, no problems so far!

In fact, after realising I had made a huge error in my computer's page file setup; I corrected it, and now FPSC is running better than ever!!

Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 23:51
Does anyone know if this will be the last patch before FPS Reloaded? I haven't seen it stated anywhere officially or unofficially.

DC
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2013 00:06
if I just build a floor level and put stairs on it, only. It is fine. I tested the waypoint 2 .fpm It worked perfectly every time I tested it. Maybe something is wrong with my terrorstrike and metro theater maps. They are totally stock.

mk83 Productions
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2013 01:00
Quote: "Does anyone know if this will be the last patch before FPS Reloaded? I haven't seen it stated anywhere officially or unofficially."

This may not be the last update but it is a major one. Lee wants this out the door so he can concentrate soley on FPSC-R as well as others who will be helping in the beta testing. So in a sense it is the last update prior to FPSC-R.

For me this is the mother of all versions and is a lot more powerful than most people think. The only thing that's required to utilize the power of this version is scripting.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I test the new alpha 4 and it seems to work great. I like the fact that when you walk into the wall you now stop. The only Problem I still see is on stairs. If you stop on the stairs you slip down one and sometimes the camera shakes up and down faster than before, but still the wobble.

I am wondering if maybe the collision on the stairs is to small to stand on. Almost like standing only on the edges of each step. I am assuming that each step is using box collision and that could be the problem. I really don't remember how each model for the stairs work in fpsc. Just throwing suggestions.

@ scene
Not really what I was looking for. More like damping and duration. From what I have seen by setting the lifetime of the particle to say one it should last 1sec, but it last for way longer than that. If the lifetime is not say 100 the particle runs for maybe a minute or two and quits. If we had a duration for emitting and a damping control that would make the particles look better. The damping would be like gravity or float factor.

Try these setting and you will see what I am talking about. If you want fog you want it to last throughout the level.
Using the blue smoke or puff

It should last only so long and quit emitting.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Interesting that some are getting the problem with the stairs and some are not, I'm not getting any problems but will look into the collision for the stairs and see if we can fix the problem.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2013 04:55
I am currently rebuilding the terrorstrike map from scratch. So far when I test the stairs everything is good.

mk83 Productions
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2013 06:03 Edited at: 13th Jan 2013 06:08
Well, after rebuilding the terrorstrike map. I can confirm that I still get sliding and jitter in the stairs. Attached is my .fpm if anyone wants to try it out.

mk83 Productions

Attachments

Akanto10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2013 07:42 Edited at: 13th Jan 2013 07:43
I am getting a small amount of the stair slipping and a slight wobble after landing a jump or a fall, big or small. If I listen closely, I can hear a spam of about five of the sounds that are played for landing. On a different note, I've noticed a small bug/issue; I cannot jump off of stairs while going down them. This is probably because most of the time you're not really on the stairs, but gliding off of them. In real life, and most games for that matter, you can do the latter. I've attached a video to illustrate this.

NOTE: I am using Beta 8B and Alpha 4. I'm also using all stock assets in the test.

Thanks,
Akanto10

Attachments

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2013 13:44 Edited at: 13th Jan 2013 13:48
Thanks both for the info I'm downloading the map and vid and will see whats going on , seems we need to look at the jumping and stairs collision.

Edit :- @Akanto10 Checked out the jumping vid and its meant to do that when you land so this is not a bug.

best s4real

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2013 19:38
V120 Alpha 4
No problems here at all. No wobble or sliding.Rock solid.
Thanks, ncmako
Akanto10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2013 20:44
Wow, I hadn't thought of that. Well, I hope it becomes some sort of option later on. It's not that large of an issue, however. Thanks for clearing that up, s4real. However, I still find it strange that FPSC spams the landing sound.

Thanks,
Akanto

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2013 23:40 Edited at: 13th Jan 2013 23:53
Im looking into the sliding but not getting this issue myself.

Quote: "However, I still find it strange that FPSC spams the landing sound."

Not sure what you mean by this as your video plays the sound ok.
I did notice the jump sound was not playing.

Could you jump of stairs before while moving seems you can't now ?

best s4real

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 00:42 Edited at: 14th Jan 2013 01:04
s4real, I believe the jump sound is no longer a player grunt. It is an added landing sound. I'm not sure why. I never liked the player grunt but I don't like the added "step" sound either. I believe you can just delete the jump sound from the player's audio bank.

[EDIT] It's in voices\player and called leap. You can either delete it, replace it, or rename it so it doesn't play.[/EDIT]

I think I found the buggers causing the problem with the bobble. Check it out in the video I uploaded on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIGPYcbk5wE

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 01:10
@F l a t l a n d e r, LOL

mk83 Productions
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@F l a t l a n d e r :- lol Nice one.

best s4real

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 01:37
You can get your own bobble heads here.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Seems the stairs issue with jumping been there for a longtime maybe been there from the start.

There may be a reason why you can't jump while going down stairs will have to do more investigating.

best s4real

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Seems the stairs issue with jumping been there for a longtime maybe been there from the start."

I concur with this, and therefore don't consider it a bug as such.

This build is, as has been stated, 99% about performance and stability. Does anyone have any issues relating to this, including commands that don't function.

This is really a last call, as I'm as confident as I can be that all reported issues have been addressed. So it's up to you guys to prove otherwise before we go for that all important final build.

SC
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 10:20
One question?
Have the throwing weapons been fixed?

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Have the throwing weapons been fixed?"

If you mean grenades, yes, quite a few builds ago.

SC
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 10:51
Hi Scene, I have tested that one out on three different computers to be on the safe side before crying help.

1. Beta8b gives me a horrible wobblediboobledibu
2. Beta8b + your Alpha fix 4 makes my FPSC crash every time I hit the test game button, see screen attached.

Note that it was tested with full, clean re-install and DBO/DBU clean.

Come to where the madness is:http://www.indiedb.com/games/into-the-dark

Attachments

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Beta8b + your Alpha fix 4 makes my FPSC crash every time I hit the test game button"

This sometimes happens when the FPSC-mapeditor.exe and the FPSC-Game.exe aren't matching. One of the issues when using alpha's I'm afraid. I've not experienced any such crashes and I'm also not aware of anyone else. I personally feel that a proper build would solve this issue for you. However, if anyone else does have a problem, please let me know.

Again, is this one of your custom media levels? Or are you getting it regardless of what media is used?

SC
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 11:51 Edited at: 14th Jan 2013 11:55
Quote: "Or are you getting it regardless of what media is used?"

yes, sadly. do you have a synched FPSC-mapeditor.exe for me to test?

Mr Game
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 12:06
Hello,

Please disable <> keys in builded game without any global script trick with ambience because I use such script in my level and it will take mess, thanks

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "do you have a synched FPSC-mapeditor.exe for me to test?"

I'm afraid not. Have you checked that the FPSC-mapeditor.exe is closed? Sometimes after a crash the editor remains open. I'm not sure if that will be the case (I doubt it), but it's worth a look.

SC
Mr Game
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 12:11
thanks for Your time to make FPSC better SC

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 12:12
no, it isnt. So I have to wait or the next full beta?

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 14:49
lol, I've only just seen Flatlander's bobble wobble post!!

Quote: "horrible wobblediboobledibu"

lol, best bug description ever!!!

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 15:37 Edited at: 14th Jan 2013 15:42
@Ertlov :- I've been getting the same problem and its more likely your virus program blocking it from working.

For some odd reason FPSC is starting to be shown as a virus with a few virus programs, I'm trying to go threw the code to find out what bit of code is making virus software think its a virus.

Its def a false positive but its annoying.

@Mr Game :- will look into removing them in built games.

best s4real

Mr Game
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 17:43
s4real - cool, it is very needed.
I have also some little wish list about menu itself:
1. add sounds to buttons
2. add animated gif to loading page
but I will be happy with fixing these <> keys

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
I've removed the <> keys in a built game so you can't change the amb in a built game.

Not sure if scene wanting new features added to this beta, I think they just interested in fixing any final issues.

But i still look into it if I have some time.

best s4real

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@S4real

If you're quick and send me the source, I'll upload it. It's a fix I've been meaning to make anyway. Lee is about to post a new and final beta, so time is of the essence.

SC
Mr Game
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 19:21
Nice, thanks

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 19:53 Edited at: 14th Jan 2013 20:12
@Scene Commander :- Source emailed to you. ( Make sure to add it to the new source as lee updated a new update and I didn't use that.)

@Everyone else :- After the final I will be doing more updates as a mod when I get time.

best s4real

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 20:06
Quote: " After the final I will be doing more updates as a mod when I get time."

Cool

Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 21:52
Thanks again guys for your hard work.

A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 22:24
I'm not having the wobble problem with the latest alpha beta.

Don't waste your life
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 10:00
Quote: "@Ertlov :- I've been getting the same problem and its more likely your virus program blocking it from working."

Deactivated AVG, still the same problem!

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Ertlov

As no one else seems to have this problem and you've eliminated your virus checker as an issue. I'm guessing something has happened to your setup.

I've sent Lee the final changes (as far as I can tell) for V120 and I'm expecting a new beta to be posted very soon, which I'm fairly confident will solve your problems. In the meantime, if you don't want to wait, I'm tempted to recommend a reinstall of FPSC and V120. Remembering of course to back up everything first!

SC
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 12:41 Edited at: 15th Jan 2013 16:21
@Ertlov :- Looking at your picture the exe is not even been activated so hence the crash, this normally happens if the editor can't find the fpsc.exe.

Change the map editor to have admin permissions and do the same for the fpsc.exe and see if that helps.

Do you change the setup.ini and also can you build a game ?

After a lot of testing you never been able to jump when going down stairs even in v1 so this is not a bug.

best s4real

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I have one more thing. Would it be possible to be able to take a snapshot in .jpg where is does a forced snapshot at 800x600 for the forums? I just realized this is really annoying to have to convert the image everytime and I think that it would help some of the newer members some grief as well.

Just a thought.

Also when doing a blender export of a character or weapon model it adds Armature_ to the bones. That is not a big problem, but when FPSC is looking for FIRESPOT or SMOKE it will go straight to the MAIN bone. Is it possible to add some code that FPSC also recognizes the blender export?

Sorry for the late entry.

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 09:37 Edited at: 16th Jan 2013 10:20
Beta 9 has been uploaded by Lee. Check first post for download link.

Edit: is it just me or has wobble worsened again? I'm seeing more than I remember on the terrorstrike map. Also, colliding with many walls cause a hefty shaking.
Snake200
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 10:42
@Scene Commander

I still have problem with the weapons. Look at my attachment, please.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:14:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:14:00