Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V120 Public Beta 18 (RC)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 17:25
Here is a stock made fpm, see attached.

For starters, i found out what made up the heavy shaking.
It was a ledge at the top of the wallsegment.
Problem persists, even though i dont have to raise my water that much as with the ledge.
With stock wall and floor segments it seems to be easier to get out of the water. So in that case i need to look at my level design.

If you open the attached file and fiddle with your waterheights, you'll notice soon enough somethings not right. Start with 158, going to 198. Try to climb out on all 3/4 different directions, both holes.
I use my Shift, W and Space keys.. in different order and variations.

I can work around the waterheight, but i cant work around the getting stuck in the wall or under/beneath a ledge when trying to get out the water.

Second thing i noticed in this terrorstrike map. When you go down the stairs, you'll get hit by a health attack, from out of nowhere. Something is affecting your health.

This isnt related to 1.20 though. I have the same problem in my game with version 1.19. When i jump in the water from 2 stories high and get out. (still standing in 8/208 (inches?) of water and bam.. health attack. 1 hit.
I hoped this would be resolved in 1.20.

btw.. i posted this 2 hrs ago, but somehow, waiting for a mod to approve, by trying to edit my first post (and cancelling) i deleted my second post.

Hope you got enough info this way, else let me know.

Grts
Anubis

Attachments

Login to view attachments
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 19:34
Quote: "The jumping on the stairs has never been possible and so isn't being considered as a bug."

With the latest version, I can jump on the stairs in the water sample map.

Don't waste your life
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 07:40 Edited at: 20th Jan 2013 07:48
@Anubis

There will always be collision issues of some sort or another. This is the nature of 3d engines. While we work as hard as we can to make this as flexible for all users, anything that allows the user to design their own maps will of course add to the problems.

*Edit*

I've just looked at your map. Maybe I'm not understanding, but your 'waterpit' is 2 segments deep with water just at the base. It would be impossible for the player to exit this as the engine isn't desgined to climb walls. This has always been the case.

I couldn't actually get the player stuck, but I did't try for too long.

SC
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Scene Commander :- Yeah he means change the water height in the script, you can still get out the water but not as easy as you used too because the player height a little different so you have to have the water a little bit less than before(Wouldn't call this a bug just you have to just change the water height in your script).As for the the player getting stuck im not getting that but I do have an idea where this could be fixed.

My main problem I am seeing is when you build a game and use custom skyboxs the folder does not get moved on to the built game and does not make the dbo file as well something that we do have to look at(THanks for blackfox for picking this one up).

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@S4real..

I did misunderstand then, now I see. I agree that the water issue isn't a bug as such. I personally think that climbing out of water should be a little harder than normal movement anyway. How do others feel?

Quote: "My main problem I am seeing is when you build a game and use custom skyboxs the folder does not get moved on to the built game and does not make the dbo file as well something that we do have to look at"

I wasn't aware of that, thanks Blackfox.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 13:53
Quote: "My main problem I am seeing is when you build a game and use custom skyboxs the folder does not get moved on to the built game and does not make the dbo file as well something that we do have to look at"

Only cost me a lengthy phone call to s4real. The issue we have is that in the build game(s), only skyboxes that have either "dds" or "tga" texture extensions are getting copied. Anything else only copies the "dbo" file that is created but no textures.

For example, if I use "ww2\gas" as my skybox, I have a "dbo" and the 6 texture files in the build. If I use one of Rolfy's skyboxes (which have "png" extensions), only the dbo appears and none of the 6 texture files appear. I enter the game and have a black screen. Once I manually copy those 6 files, the skybox is there. The same for anything that either uses "bmp" or "jpg"- yes I have "jpg" skyboxes (remember we still have "jpg" support).

I will also note that the "imageblockmode" is set to 0.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 15:10
Not sure if this is a bug, or down to my old dinosaur throwing a hissy fit, but when I tried a test build of the MP67 (the 3rd derelict space station pack) sample map, it froze with an error message about not being able to render an invisible texture.

I didn't use any custom media, it was just the sample map (ModelPack67Demo.fpm) that comes with the model pack, with no additions.

If you want I'll try again and make a note of the exact error message that comes up...

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 15:16 Edited at: 20th Jan 2013 17:25
Quote: " it froze with an error message about not being able to render an invisible texture"

Well there's the problem. How do you render something "not" there?

@ Anubis

Quote: "Second thing i noticed in this terrorstrike map. When you go down the stairs, you'll get hit by a health attack, from out of nowhere. Something is affecting your health."

We have experienced this ourselves, particularly if coming down a double set of stairs. We get the "red damage" hud coming up on a particular spot. Sometimes it happens when running down the stairs, other times it will happen on a rare occasion. I do not believe that it is anything specific that can address this. It may have something to do with the stairs collision sphere vs player collision and gravity.

Anubis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 15:35 Edited at: 20th Jan 2013 15:59
i made another stock fpm (see attached), just a scifisegment, a stair and the player.

my waterscript is the stock script:

In this map, i get hit by a health attack when i walk down the stairs and get at the floor. (cant explain this any better)

And with the water.. when i run it like this, the water is a few 'inches' above the floor segment. But i cant get out. no matter how hard i try. I get stuck. Even noticed sometimes the player just goes one direction without any means of stopping it. it continues in 'that' direction till it hits a wall. And even then, its uncontrollable.

I understand there is a collision issue with 2 engines fighting each other, and yes, i can solve it by raising my waterlevel.
But i still thought this might be mentioned.

What i need to do to 'control' the health attack, i dont know.. only thing i can think of now, is NOT build stairs which go more than 1 floor. But that doesnt solve it for me when i jump 2 stories down in the water and climb out (bam healthhit).

btw, i can make a sample movie and place it on mediafire, but the movies are rather large (128mb+)

Need anything from me? let me know,

Grts,
Anubis

EDIT: The attached FPM was corrupted somehow in the proces. I attached a new file test120_2.fpm

Attachments

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 17:25
Quote: "Well there's the problem. How do you render something "not" there?"

lol touché! I meant transparent texture!

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "stairs collision sphere vs player collision and gravity."

Yeah this has happened all the way back to version 1 and is something to do with the collision, gravity and physic sphere as far as I knwo.

I'm looking into it in my spare time between bug fixing my own stuff.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 19:34
With the hurt factor of a player going down the stairs. I figured this was because the player is bending too far forward. I learned through game playing to always have the player looking, not up, but more straight forward rather than downward. That way I won't get hurt. It's been no big deal for me.

It seems that when messing around with collision and the physics of the engine could produce unwanted side-effects. Of course, you guys are the judge of that.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It seems that when messing around with collision and the physics of the engine could produce unwanted side-effects. Of course, you guys are the judge of that."

You right there FLATLANDER that why I'm trying to not mess around with it too much the hurt effect has been there since version 1 and seem to be when there a trigger zone close by what I can see, if you take the trigger zone out of the terrorstrike map the hurt seems to not be there in my tests.

best s4real

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 20:39
Quote: "With the hurt factor of a player going down the stairs. I figured this was because the player is bending too far forward. I learned through game playing to always have the player looking, not up, but more straight forward rather than downward. That way I won't get hurt. It's been no big deal for me."

Flatlander is on the right track there, and he is correct with the way the player is "looking" when going down the stairs. Seems if I look "forward" while going down stairs, nothing happens. If we look too far forward to where it would be a downward angle on flat surface then we get "hurt". I ran numerous scenarios with our version using multiple layouts of segments and stairs, and only received damage when looking more downward rather than straight forward.

Quote: "It seems that when messing around with collision and the physics of the engine could produce unwanted side-effects."

That is for sure.

Anubis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 21:02
Quote: "stairs collision sphere vs player collision and gravity"

Couldn’t it be as simple as this.
I think the engine doesn’t register you lowered 1 floor. the segment you step/walk on, defines your altitude (Y, level 0-20) in the game. and in the case of 1 floor (1 stair) it isnt a problem, since you may (with default player settings) drop 1 floor without getting hurt. Dropping 2 floors, it does the right thing, you get a healt hit. But with 2 (or more) stairs, the problem arises. Therefor i think, the engine still believes you are 2 segments UP.. so dropping 2 (or more) stories, stairs or not.. you get hurt.
Which i would very much like to proof (for myself), but i dont know how to bring up x,y,z (maplocation) on the hud. If only i could see what Y does.
And it would be a nice addition to my game also, but im sidetracking

Still, wondering about the remark Flatlander made, about the looking forward. That does seem to do the trick yes, you wont get hurt that often (if all). And somewhat undermines my theory (above).
But look at it from a gamers perspective, they will look down, as if for real, they are going down the stairs.

@s4real, i did delete the triggerzone in the terrorstrikemap. still got hurt, so no correlation between the two of them id say.

Grts
Anubis
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all..

If I can just weigh in here.

I'm accepting the skybox bug.

I'm not overaly certain the stair bug is an issue. I've fallen down the stairs before by watching my feet.. maybe that's the damage affect

Whilst I obviously don't want to be the one to dismiss any actual bug, I do rather feel we are now looking at some very minor points, which may or may not be bugs. If others feel differently, I will willingly look at the problem, but I believe many of us would quite like to bring this beta to a stable close. I reckon, we could be causing many delays and possible not actually improving anything by further tweaking.

Thanks,

SC
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 21:17
RE: Skybox - Yes, I'm always having to manually put skyboxes into the built stand-alone. Personally that's never bothered me so much. But, I'm sure it can be fixed easily without any damage.

So, if it's fixed, I certainly won't complain.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 22:31
Quote: "I'm accepting the skybox bug."

That's great. I did not want to have to "show up " on your doorstep next. I will be curious to see how you address the fix, as the fix s4real and I attempted to do yielded no result. Mind you, I had another idea but no time to test it out.

Quote: " Yes, I'm always having to manually put skyboxes into the built stand-alone. Personally that's never bothered me so much."

The only skybox's we have never had to manually put in were those using either a "dds" or "tga" extension for the 6 texture pieces. Otherwise all others had to manually be placed in a build. Like Flatlander, we too were content with having to do it manually since we log every piece of media that gets used in a development. The only reason we brought it up is because most of the skybox's we use (such as Rolfy's skybox's) are in "png" and I did not want to have to convert all into "dds" if I did not have to.

Quote: "I do rather feel we are now looking at some very minor points, which may or may not be bugs."

Agreed. I never had the wobble-bobble issue, but then again my version is different from yours. Even testing v1.20 in VM never gave me the issue once. The stairs- well you and s4real know my input on that.

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 22:55
I just tested V1.20.10 and the only "issues" I'm having is still with the water.

You still move too slow once your in like about 3 feet deep and move too slow underwater. I'm not saying that you should move like a rocket or as fast as you can run but it feels so slow it makes progress underwater or on water (3 feet deep) painful.

Objects also float very slowly on the water as-well. I myself don't consider this a "bug" more like an annoyance. It also seems you can't run out of oxygen (To be fair I don't remember this with X9 since water was added).

I also noticed something strange in the water test .fpm, there is some sort of "shadow" of what appears to be a edge of a low wall or some sort. I have one image attached for you to see and have 2 more shots.

I have no wobble (never did really), performance is still great as before and the memory usage feels the same as Beta 1.20.07 which is still good to me. I have no showstoppers at the moment but if anything pops up I'll report.

Looking really good here.

Intel Core i5 3570, Nvidia Gefocre GTX 560 OC 1024MB, 16GB RAM, P8H77-M Pro, Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Attachments

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 23:28 Edited at: 20th Jan 2013 23:33
Concerning the hurt on stairs issue I have seen this from way back, although it can happen with segments of different heights (such as stairs) it occurs mostly when crossing from entity to segment and I am assuming is mainly to do with collision differences between meshes. I suspect it may have something to do with mesh face density or a crossing of collision envelopes (probably a combination of both).
I recently tried out third person using a mod and noticed at a point I was having this issue crossing from terrain entity to terrain segment that the 3rd person player character actually played the fall animation (as if he tripped or fell from a height) when it occurred.
If it helps I also noticed the player character changed speed and was slightly slower when on the terrain entity, this was not at all noticeable in first person.
None of this is a big deal to me and if I find an area has issues will usually sit a rock at the offending point, I have never seen this issue with floor segments alone.
It may be caused by a number of things I believe related to proximity of entity's or other segments and certainly not an easy one to pin down so best left alone in case trying to fix it breaks something else. Its really not that common.

I don't trip over...I do random gravity checks.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 23:43 Edited at: 20th Jan 2013 23:46
@4125 :- The water speed the same as it is when its been added as we not changed that at all but the new timer system could of changed it but it seems the same for me in tests.

Quote: "It also seems you can't run out of oxygen"

This is done by scripting using the airtime=x and drowntime=x commands.

@Rolfy there a command called plrspeedmod=x that can change the speed of the player.

Also thanks for your info this will help a lot m8 nice to see you around

best s4real

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 23:49 Edited at: 21st Jan 2013 00:19
I have been trying to replicate the stairs hurt issue and cant for the life of me get it to bug out for me...lol. I do notice however that the bottom stair does intersect the floor segment and sits lower this may be the problem, and if it is, simply raising this stair in the segment fps may solve it. I cant say for sure as I cant test it without it doing the hurt thang.

Edit*
I also notice that stairs and floor segments all have collision set to '1' which is polygonal collision where box collision, '2' setting, would make more sense. (to me at least).

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2013 00:03 Edited at: 21st Jan 2013 00:04
Quote: "The water speed the same as it is when its been added as we not changed that at all but the new timer system could of changed it but it seems the same for me in tests."

I never recalled it being this slow however. But perhaps the timers might have done that.

Quote: "This is done by scripting using the airtime=x and drowntime=x commands."

While I'm fine with it being scriptable. Why does it requires scripting in the first place ? It should already be featured in the game without scripting but editable nonetheless IMO.

Also, about that "shadow" effect. Is that suppose to happen ? It get's weirder as you walk towards the ramp, you can see the "shadow" above you sorta.

Intel Core i5 3570, Nvidia Gefocre GTX 560 OC 1024MB, 16GB RAM, P8H77-M Pro, Windows 7 Home Premium x64
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I never recalled it being this slow however. But perhaps the timers might have done that."

Maybe change the player speed when underwater with a script for a workaround.

Will look into it but we are trying to get any bugs fixed for final release.

Quote: "While I'm fine with it being scriptable. Why does it requires scripting in the first place ? It should already be featured in the game without scripting but editable nonetheless IMO."

Maybe so its more flexible or we just wasn't thinking when it was added its simple so you can have a command in the setup.ini with the air on and how much air left and drowntime. Maybe I add it in later but we looking at final fixes now.

Quote: "Also, about that "shadow" effect. Is that suppose to happen ? It get's weirder as you walk towards the ramp, you can see the "shadow" above you sorta."

Can't get that effect this could be a graphics card driver issue.

best s4real

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2013 01:52
Quote: "I also notice that stairs and floor segments all have collision set to '1' which is polygonal collision where box collision, '2' setting, would make more sense. (to me at least)."

Cathy and I also had looked at that, so we changed the "colmode" in the stairs FPS file from 1 to 2 on a level we are working on and ran several tests. We can walk down (looking forward, up, down) and no longer get the "damage" appearing. We even ran down the stairs looking in different positions and no damage. The only time we get damage is if we are running backwards down the stairs (which is a safety issue anyways). The damage is *always* at the very bottom where the player would *step off* the last stair onto the ground.

After changing our "colmodes" for other stairs, it seems to solve the issue (at least in our version). Good catch, Rolfy.

unimansoftent
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi I have a problem with the beta 10, when I want to place waypoints multilayer, the characters get stuck and not go upstairs.

Load multilayer aiko example, this works fine, but when
I think a test level like the characters do not go upstairs and get stuck.

Grettings!

independent game developer
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2013 03:00 Edited at: 21st Jan 2013 03:20
@unimansoftent := Post a map using stock stuff with the problem and I look into it, you are using the Dark ai scripts for your character ?

best s4real

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I am having some problems with ragdoll now with custom models. I didn't have them in 1.19, but with the new slender model I made the model seems to shrinkwrap to the bones. I did a search on if anyone else has had this problem, but there was no real solution to this problem.

If you can, using my model fix the ragdoll for custom models. My model is made in blender and I have no problem with models before working with ragdoll, so what is the problem now?.

Here is a screenie of the test:

Attachments

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2013 06:24
I have seen and had that kind of affect on custom made models in FPSC previously in the past which in my particular case was caused by bad/incompatible/corrupted x.file format description.

I found that using another modeller to save out the .x file model had worked in correcting the issue even if it meant remaking a model.

It may not be the same issue for you of course.

unimansoftent
Years of Service
User Offline
@s4real - The problem with the beta 10, when I want to place multilayer waypoints, the characters get stuck and not go upstairs.

Load multilayer aiko example, this works fine, but when
I think a test level like the characters do not go upstairs and get stuck.

In the demo multilayerwaypoints, akio works fine.

the problem is in custom levels, and aiko and another characters not go upstairs.

in 1.19 they can go upstairs.

well i have a lot of images with the chase, grettins!

Attachments

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2013 07:22
Here is an image of the Aiko that can go upstairs. I have circled what is required for an entity to follow a waypoint up the stairs. It is a segment wall of some sort. I cannot remember this ever working in prior versions without a wall on one side of the stairs. Try putting a wall on the side of the stairs and see what happens.

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
I find another bug. If runkey=0 and you press shift, your speed is the same like sprinting, but the sound is slower!

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2013 15:42 Edited at: 21st Jan 2013 15:55
@Corno_1 :- This is not a bug as the command is in fact runkeys=0 not runkey=0

I attached a simple script made fast to test and is working fine.

@unimansoftent :- If you using the standard follow scripts then you do need a segment for the collision like flantlander has said.

best s4real

Attachments

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, now it work!!

Sorry for my mistake

Corno_1

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2013 18:46 Edited at: 21st Jan 2013 22:19
Quote: "Thanks, now it work!!

Sorry for my mistake "

Your welcome but its not your mistake as all Docs say its runkey=0, I have no idea if this was changed at a later date and nobody was informed but it is now runkeys=0.

@starmind 001 :- There seems to be a problem with your model and the limbs and thats what causing the problem in FPSC.

Your model will not even load into limbfinder so maybe have a look at your x file as this may be corrupt.

The character don't even move when given a script.

Best s4real

unimansoftent
Years of Service
User Offline
@F l a t l a n d e r - Thanks for your suggestion, but only aiko, can follow the waypoint. Other characters get stuck (like the model pack 68 soldiers), this did not happen in version 1.19 (model pack 68 can follow waypoints).

@s4real- Hi, I followed the advice. but still, I have problems with the waypoints.

I hope the next beta 11 solves the problem,

thanks guys!.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@unimansoftent :- Like I said if you can send me a map with stock character where you having the problem then I will look into it.

We can't solve the problem if we can't recreate the issue and I don't have model pack 68 to test this with.

best s4real

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2013 00:48
I have MP#68 so I'll at least test it.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2013 01:45 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2013 02:00
Quote: "I am having some problems with ragdoll now with custom models. I didn't have them in 1.19, but with the new slender model I made the model seems to shrinkwrap to the bones."

You dont say if your previous character models which worked with ragdoll now have this issue.
That looks to me like an issue with rigging and the same problem when talking characters were ragdolled, I assume that was due to the face rig being merely added bones to the biped rig and FPSC bone count limitations, which was cured.
If stock characters still work fine, even those with added bone rigs for facial animation, then any issues now may be more to do with rigging than with FPSC itself.
I did see from your thread that this model seems fine without ragdoll.
Did you use an old rig and scaled the bones to fit this character? If you were to do this outside of 'Figure mode' then its possible the bones and envelopes will default to original scale when ragdolled. I cant help pin it down for you as I dont use Blender, but check first to see if your old characters still work.

The same goes for any non-stock characters really, even those from model packs, its more likely a modeling or scripting change thats required to fix any problems, I make my models and characters to work in the engine as it is at that time and don't expect the programmer to make the engine fit my models unless I am 100% sure it was something they broke.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@All :- I'm backing away from doing anymore bug fixes and testing as Lee and Scene commander are looking at this as a final release and putting it to bed.

I think they going to fix the last few issues and then the final will be released.

Best s4real

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2013 03:47
I guess I don't have MP68 yet. I'm waiting for the segment/entity pack that will go with it.

However, I do have MP53 Task Force 341. The follow.fpi works fine with a character. One has to remember to change the appear script to "appear1.fpi" however.

The following video is of team 1 ally that shows him navigating the stairs when following the player.

Sorry, I forgot I had music on. It is one of the Beach Boys old tunes that very few probably have ever heard.

Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2013 05:35
I remember that song. Great tune.

Now the segment tip for the characters to go up and down stairs is something I did not know. I will have to have characters follow the player around in game.

Thanks for all you do.

Also thanks to Scene Commander and S4Real for your work in the engine. A fine, fine job.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2013 08:13 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2013 08:15
Quote: "I guess I don't have MP68 yet"

Me neither.. So this one might be hard to replicate. If any does own this pack, maybe they could say if they've also go this problem.

@All, The only bug I can confirm from the latest round is the one relating to skyboxes.

Quote: "Also thanks to Scene Commander and S4Real for your work in the engine. A fine, fine job."

You're very welcome - and let's not forget Flatlander..
elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks and well done to you guys. You are stars, really bright stars, I may add.
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2013 08:42
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2013 13:30 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2013 13:32
@unimansoftent

Quote: "However, I do have MP53 Task Force 341. The follow.fpi works fine with a character. One has to remember to change the appear script to "appear1.fpi" however."

Yes you do have to change your appear script to use the follow scripts unless you making new Dark AI scripts that use waypoints.

I should say you just changing the main script and not the main script as I've tested with all my custom stuff and its working fine.

If you using Dark AI scripts to follow the player you don't need segments near the ladders.

Quote: "Also thanks to Scene Commander and S4Real for your work in the engine. A fine, fine job."

Your welcome.

best s4real

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Skybox issue fixed for official build.

I'm not considering the stairs, nor the water speed issues as bugs, and I'm not able to replicate the 'brass' issue.

Thanks,

SC
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2013 15:56 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2013 16:07
Converting the skybox to "dds" is not a fix. I was hoping to see the skybox getting copied regardless if in "png", "jpg", "bmp", "tga". Some of us do not use "dds" in our developments, as some "dds" files are larger than the original "texture format" and we like to keep the development size low.

Most of our skybox's are either "png" or "jpg" ("jpg" from Cosmic's packs). Is that the only solution to this bug? You only allowed for "png" or "bmp"- what about packs that have "jpg"? If I use a "png" skybox, there is no reason why I should not see the "dbo" that gets created and the 6 "png" files required get into the build.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Scene Commander := Unfortunately this fix does not work for me it just converts the U and replicates it 6 times so the sky box is there but its all the U texture and looks wrong.

Nice try but I think Blackfox is right a conversion not a fix as dds is a larger size then PNG.

See enclosed screen shot

best s4real

Attachments

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2013 17:46 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2013 19:27
Whoops.. Not sure what happened there. I just checked the built game and it all looked good. I forgot to check the folder.. I'll double check this.

*Edit*

Fixed and added PNG support.

SC

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:15:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:15:37