Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V120 Public Beta 18 (RC)

Author
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2013 10:32
@s4real

That worked. Copied beta 10 editor and that fixed the problem.

Many Thanks

DC
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Deathcow.

I'm glad you've got everything working. One thing I did notice is you've got your UAC enabled. Many users, including myself found I had to disable this to run a lot of software on W7, including FPSC.

SC
maxi360
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2013 16:16
@Deathcow

i had exactly the same problem, i installed 1.19 and pick the mapeditor then putted the 1.20.16 and it worked too but the build game part will crash in the same way..
maybe i should try to test the whole 1.20 beta like you, where did you downloaded them?

I don't buy games....i make them.
Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2013 18:33
@Scene Commander

I will try disabling the UAC and see if that makes much of a defference.

@maxi360
I'm not sure if I read you post correctly.

I had used the Mapeditor from Beta 10. The download link to that beta is on the main post. I had to install that one and then backup the Mapeditor. Then install the latest one.

Many Thanks

DC
maxi360
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2013 18:55
@Deathcow

Huh? Wait....You mean this thread 1st post have 16 download links and they are not together? I mean if i download ONLY the 10th link then i will get 1.20.10 ??

I thought these links are including the 1.20.16 but they are cut into pieces and you must have them all to unzip it.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Maxi360

You only need to use 1 link, and each link is for V120.x of a beta. So if you use the most recent link, you'll get V120.16. You don't need the others unless you want to roll the beta backwards.

SC
maxi360
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2013 19:50
@Scene Commander

Wow. Awsome, well the 10th link working me also I'm so happy at least, hopefully i will do not run into another bug.

@Deathcow

I installed 1.20.10 then copyed the map editors files then reinstall after installed the 1.20.16 then put the map editors files into my main fpsc folder and now the map editor work fine but the gamebuild still crash so i guess i will use the 1.20.10 untill 1.20.17 or the full version will come out.

PS: Thank you all for your patience and time. <3
PS2: Sorry for my bad english.

Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2013 00:51
@maxi360

I haven't tried to build a game yet, will test it myself and see how it goes.

Your English is fine and easy enough to read.

DC
Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2013 11:12
@Scene Commander

I have disabled the UAC and still it is not working I have also given my windows account full permission to the FPSC folders. Both steps have not resolved the work.

I had tried to build using the latest patch with beta 10 mapeditor. It will crash every time I try to build a game.

I'm not sure how to resolve this. Any ideas?

Many Thanks

DC
Mini0013xx
Years of Service
User Offline
So, there's a problem that's been there since 1.19, and is still present. (I'd like this problem to be cleared because it is really important). Character entities can shoot through doors.

Video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcRkZXyCzmM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Deathcow - Can you build using a correct install of beta 10? It sounds as if the two builds aren't compatible.

@Mini0013xx

I am aware of the problem, but I believe it's been around since before V119. I am looking at the AI as it would be nice to get this cleared up.

SC
Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2013 18:57
@Scene Commander

Yes I'm able to build and run the game using beta 10.

If there is anything else you need let me know.

Many Thanks

DC
cybernescence
Years of Service
User Offline
@Deathcow

From beta 120.11 onwards two 'new' dlls are now being requested that aren't on all systems - some systems will have the dlls already, some not.

msvcr71.dll & msvcp71.dll

I placed these both in the FPS Creator folder - no more crashes.

You also need to place these two .dll files in the build game folder or the game exe will crash when attempting to launch on any system that doesn't have these files.

This may be your problem after your upgrade.

Cheers.

[url=www.sauloftarsus.co.uk][/url]
Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2013 03:16
@cybernescence

Buy that man a pint!!! If you drink pints that is.

That worked and I was able to start and build a game. Great stuff.

Many thanks

DC
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2013 07:02 Edited at: 13th Mar 2013 07:06
Quote: "msvcr71.dll & msvcp71.dll

I placed these both in the FPS Creator folder - no more crashes"
I remember having problems far back as Windows 98 with some software where these dll's weren't present. In particular 3dsMax required them and since then Autodesk install them by default.

It might be worth looking at installing them with FPSC if the license allows. Would prevent issues with distributed built games where the user would have no idea why their game wont play.

I don't trip over...I do random gravity checks.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@cybernescence

Thank you for helping Deathcow out, I'd forgotten that some users had found that they now needed those dlls.

Thanks again,

SC
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2013 15:40
They're Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime DLLs, so all you (should) need to do is run the attached file and it should be installed.

The attached installer is just the installer for the runtime, it's a not a virus or anything nasty like that.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Airways
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, I get the attached error when I try to run Beta 16 on Windows 8. Any way I can get more specific information on what caused it to crash?

I've also noticed a large number of crashes inside FPS-MapEditor.exe, but these were with previous releases instead of the beta so I don't know if I'm supposed to post those or not.

Attachments

Years of Service
User Offline
Just to note, i also am facing the problem of performance, i made a recently fresh install of FPS Creator (uninstalled it completely and installed again), i tested the stock ww2 map, it is lagging too much, i get from 10-15 fps. But i am almost sure that this drop in fps has to do with the characters, because the A.I metter (red bar) is always on top), and also i tested the ww2 map with no characters and is working "normal", good fps (30-40) althought i remember in v1.19 this map runned fine in 60ps.

Goldenye 007 N64
Tax 78
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2013 16:11
Hi all

Multiplayer test V.1.20 beta 16
I did a test for multiplayer,and I discovered that the paged when one loses doesn't work and crash the game.

look at the image

happens to you?

Tax

Sorry but I use a translator
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
multiplayer seems messed up in v1.20 with one shot kill when you not picked it and other issues as well.

The multiplayer new features might not have all the code imported into the engine.

I'm sure scene will look at it in time.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2013 13:09
Performance seems a bit patchy with the latest update. I used to be able to get about 40fps with a fairly packed level and now with a small room, some stairs and some water it goes from 60 to 25fps.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know if any one is having this problems, but I cannot make custom 16 frame decals with v1.20. I took some decals that I had made for v1.19 and they will not appear. Yes I did do a clean. It only can be seen as a particle system.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Framerate has dropped a lot with the latest build for some odd reason.

Quote: "I don't know if any one is having this problems, but I cannot make custom 16 frame decals with v1.20. I took some decals that I had made for v1.19 and they will not appear. Yes I did do a clean. It only can be seen as a particle system."

would need an example to test if you want to email me one or post.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is a custom decal. All I did is copy a fpe like I have done before, but something is wrong.

Attachments

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks will test and see whats going on.

best s4real

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@all.

I'm afraid I've not had any real free time to look at the latest round of problems, although I've been talking to S4 who had pin-pointed a few, so saving me some time.

For those of you who have been having editor crash problems, you'll be pleased to know that Lee and I have found the cause and I understand a fix will be forthcoming in the next beta.

SC
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2013 01:29
Just curious, can we get a recap of what needs to be fixed for the final version?

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
Airways
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know if this helps but the last version that I can run in Windows 8 without regular crashing is actually the ancient v1.15 update.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Just curious, can we get a recap of what needs to be fixed for the final version?"

I do have a list of issues, but I'll go through the forum to refresh my mind when I've a free day. Sadly, my need to earn money is taking up most of my time, but hopefully I'll be able to spare some soon.

Thanks guys,

SC
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2013 20:34 Edited at: 20th Mar 2013 20:35
Quote: "I do have a list of issues, but I'll go through the forum to refresh my mind when I've a free day"

There better be coffee and donuts... on that list.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
GamingGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Currently experiencing issues with Beta Version 1.20.15.
When I open up FPS Creator a pop-up window appears.

Note that this originally occurred on my PC with Beta Version 1.20.08.

The pop-up is attached as a download for you to take a look at.

Should they be of any use, here are my current specs:

ACPI x86 based PC
ATI Radeon Xpress 200M Series Display Adapter
Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2080 @1.73GHz (Two of these)

Thanks, in advance.

Attachments

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been going threw a lot of the issues with scene and have fixed a lot of the issues people are having.

best s4real

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
how about the custom decal problem? Is it something I did or the program?

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
It seems PARTICLES is not working in the latest beta's I have to check to see why they not working.

best s4real

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2013 15:29 Edited at: 21st Mar 2013 15:37
Quote: "It seems PARTICLES is not working in the latest beta's I have to check to see why they not working."

They work for me. This is for Starmind as well. The first thing I noticed in your fpe file is that the main is decal.fpi. If you are using particles which it looks like you are the main needs to be "decalparticle.fpi". Now I haven't tested this with your "cherry" decal yet, but other decals that use particles use this fpi and they work for me.

I tried your particle decal with the fpi I suggested. It doesn't show up. I tried the values of another particle decal that works for me and it still doesn't show up. Something is wrong but not sure what it is as yet.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@F l a t l a n d e r :- Particles are not working for me but this could be due to me messing about with the source to fixing issues.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@F l a t l a n d e r :- Particles are not working for me but this could be due to me messing about with the source to fixing issues.

best s4real

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't want just particles. I want a regular decal. A 16 frame loop. It doesn't work as either. If stock decals work both as particles AND decals, then why is mine not doing the same? It works as both in v1.19, but not v1.20.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2013 04:38 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2013 07:34
@Starmind - Here's your cherry decal with the suggested template and defaults:

decalspec.txt

cherry.fpe

@s4real

That's probably the case because all of my custom particles and stock decals using particles works fine with v1.20 b16.

Addendum:

Here is a video of "smoke particles." The fire in the fire place is the stock small fire however, I slightly scaled it larger. From 25 to 35. The "smoke" is the stock decal "dustpuff." I used decalparticles.fpi and modified the particle values. Took quite a while for me to do as it's a matter of trial and error. On the left is the stock dustpuff without (edited) modification.

It still needs a lot of tweaking but you get the idea that particles is working and working quite well.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks! That did the trick. I have never had to mess with the setting before for a reg. decal. Just use to find one close to the size I wanted, then copy and paste it. Bam! A new decal!

Again thanks!

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2013 17:27
Hi

Please can someone provide a definitive list of confirmed bugs in FPSC V120 Beta 16?

It would be very useful to know what has been confirmed and what is being fixed for the next beta or before V120 is made final.

Thanks

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Nomad Soul :- Its hard to give a list of confirmed bugs as we working on fixing them.

But we are working on fixing at the moment :-

Dark Ai bugs :- Char walking through boxes and doors.

Performance :- Fixing the performance as there like a 50 frame rate drop.

Collision :- fixing collision issues with static entity's

best s4real

Arseny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2013 08:51
Can I ask. Why I simply cant perform a clear switching to another process(I mean alt+tab, you see) without FPSC game crashing?!
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2013 00:37
@s4real

Thanks. I just want to try and understand whats likely to change or improve before V120 is made final as I'm going to start a project if thats the last version until Reloaded gets done.

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
I find another bug:
Sometime if I load a hud, the eyeblood shows up. Why?
This is the script:

It is from my game altertnate corno and it not works.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Corno_1 :- Looking at your script there an error with the hudshow and hudunshow you have it Health10 and so on but the hudname is h10 so it should be :- hudunshow=h10 and so on.

All these need to be changed.

Hope this helps.

best s4real

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
I change it, but it doesn´t work! Maybe I did another mistake

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
If you can email me the hud images I can look into it for you, thats only if you fine with that this is just for speed on my behalf.

best s4real

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2013 16:55
I know this is going to sound odd but where you have this:

;Artificial Intelligence Script
;Header
;By Corno_1

Try spacing the lines out:

;Artificial Intelligence Script

; Created By Corno_1

;Header

I remember getting the eye hud for some reason and it had to do with the way these lines where set up. Probably nothing to do with that but worth a try.

I reject your reality and substitute my own...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 18:05:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 18:05:15