Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V120 Public Beta 18 (RC)

Author
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2013 20:57
Thanks Blackfox. Cool.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for that, but that still doesn't help the fact that it is still forces the video on all the entities. Do I need to give it say video.avi 2 so that it works on only that entity or should it work without that?

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2013 21:12 Edited at: 26th Jan 2013 21:15
Quote: "Thanks for that, but that still doesn't help the fact that it is still forces the video on all the entities."

I can run multiple video textures at the same time. I have a level with the TV (3 videos used), a security monitor (3 videos used), and a computer screen (2 videos used), and an AI character using an "animated texture" where the center rotates in a circle using this technique. They all run together quite fine for me- four scripts and the proper videos play on the proper "entity".

Quote: "Do I need to give it say video.avi 2 so that it works on only that entity or should it work without that?"

The commands for this use an ID from 1-10. Each script is identical, except the first one used ID 1-3, the second uses ID 4-6, the third uses ID 7-8, and the AI character uses ID 9. When I ported the code into my source, my understanding was the commands allowed for 10 in total running at the same time. So in theory, if I have this many running and each script uses a similar ID then I can see where the videos would appear on the wrong entities. If ID 1 already is pointed to a video file and you have another script where it tries to use ID 1, then that could be your issue. If I destroy the TV, then those ID's would be available again to use if needed, so i can have something else appear in the level and use ID 1-3 again. That's how it works in my source.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " If ID 1 already is pointed to a video file and you have another script where it tries to use ID 1"
Ok thanks that would be my problem.

Tax 78
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2013 01:07
@BlackFox

Good script, thanks

Sorry but I use a translator
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2013 02:17 Edited at: 27th Jan 2013 02:19
Quote: "I am having a problem with running more than one video texture in the same level."

Its best to assign these in the appear script and change them in Main .fpi. My own experience is that I dont have to stop video playing and merely change the ID.
usevideotexture=x

It might also be an idea to remove any video textures from memory when no longer being used.
deletevideotexture=x

I don't trip over...I do random gravity checks.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2013 02:24 Edited at: 27th Jan 2013 02:25
Quote: "Its best to assign these in the appear script"

Yes, I forgot to mention that. All script we made using this went into the "Start" script of the entity it pertained to. The main we have set to "default", except the AI character.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Stalker93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2013 10:59 Edited at: 27th Jan 2013 11:13
@Scene Commander
It crashes on startup on both beta 11 and beta 12: it says "The application has encountered a problem and needs to close. The software has has encountered a problem and has been forced to close. Your level could be too large, or your building too many levels. If this problem persists, back-up your work and re-install the software". The fact is I've already tried to re-install many times, but without luck. But the weird thing is that if I use a random v1.20 beta (from beta 1 to beta 10), the program starts up, shows me the editor, I can build the levels, etc..but, when I try to use a modded fpsc-game.exe (whatever it is), fpsc starts up, lets me work with the editor, but when I try to build a level (like stock simple.fpm) it crashes, giving me that error!..While I was on Windows 7 everything was working like a charm, but now on Windows 8 it doesn't...don't know what to do

EDIT: I've done a plenty of things to avoid permission issues: currently I've installed fpsc on a secondary hdd (the one without Windows), it's running with all admin settings, and I've edited the hdd permissions to full control (you know, this stuff http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=203203&b=21).
Jcatalfamo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2013 03:35
I can confirm BETA 12 does not work fully with Windows 8.
I have two identical notebooks, I reformatted one of those and still get the same issue as stated by stalker93 above. The map editor continually crashes on launch.
This is on a AMD A4 CPU/GPU with updated drivers.

same issue with BETA11.

Beta 1 - 10 works fine.

I made every possible permission change, I honestly do not believe its a permission issue.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@All.

Firstly, we are looking at the Windows 8 issue.

To help, we could do with some additional information.

a) Are you a Windows 8 user who has successfully intalled Beta 11 or 12 without problems?

b) If you are having install issues, have you tried excluding FPSC from you virus check, or turning off virus checking completely?(Which you do at your own risk, and should be turned back on after any install is complete. For extra security, I'd reccommend shutting down any internet connection during this time should you wish to try this approach.).

c) Have any users had any problems with the editor crashing on other OS platforms. since Beta 11/12?

Thanks,

SC
cybernescence
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been following the posts and betas for version 20 and the improvements are fantastic - thanks so much for the effort on the code base - really great stuff guys.

Just wanted to say, hopefully to help track issue, that it isn't just a Windows 8 issue.

I have exactly the same issues on Win 7 (64bit), I5, 8Gb, GeForce GT530 as being reported for Windows 8 - all beta versions have worked for me until 11 - then I get the crash and 12 follows the same pattern.

It appears to be the FPSC-MapEditor.exe for me - up to and including beta 10, everything fine, but with 11 and 12, app crash. I too have tried all the permission and re-install suggestions but I end up back in same siuation - no crash up to beta 10 then crash afterwards. Process Monitor doesn't really give me any clues as to the crash unfortunately.

Hope you find it guys because this version is fantastic - any compiler directives changed or anything like that from 10 to 11?

Cheers.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Scene Commander :- Yes I had problems installing beta 12 in windows 8 never did use beta 11 install.

I don't think its a FPSC issue as such but the installer because if I use my own compiles it works fine after installing beta 12.

Maybe there an update to the installer tgc are using that fixes this issue.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
Stalker93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2013 10:43
@s4real
Maybe you're right..could you post your beta 12 own compiled FPSC-MapEditor and FPSC-Game exe files? So that everyone who's having that issue might be able to test it?
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys,

A new beta (13) is up, the file size will have increased due to changes in the FPSC.exe compile process. We are hopefull however, that these changes will address the issues some users have been having with Windows 8.

As always, please let us know how this works for you.

Thanks,

SC
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 00:23
@Scene Commander, works for me

mk83 Productions
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 01:46 Edited at: 30th Jan 2013 02:00
@Scene Commander := Well it installs fine and runs but whats been changed I'm having major issues with this version.

Dynamic entities fly when I spawn and collision well bad I get stuck all the time just walking around.

Get close to a wall and I'm stuck.

If you shoot a character with a weapon the weapon flys across the room when they die.

Back to beta 12 and everything fine again apart from the weapons flying a bit more than they should.

Noticed you still not fixed the culling with scripts.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@MK83 - good to know.

@S4Real - the only change is that the compile has reenabled the safety code in the build, which W8 appears to have been picking up on. Maybe this has knocked out the physics, but didn't before. I'm downloading the beta to test myself. Does anyone else have this new issue?

I do keep forgetting to look at the culling, I'll try and do that today.

SC
Stalker93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 10:39 Edited at: 30th Jan 2013 10:41
@Scene Commander
It's not working for me. Same crash on startup saying "The application has encountered a problem and needs to close. The software has has encountered a problem and has been forced to close. Your level could be too large, or your building too many levels. If this problem persists, back-up your work and re-install the software", as beta 11 and beta 12. I've tried the beta 10 FPSC-MapEditor, and it loads up: I can work with it, do whatever I want, but when I test the level (using the beta 13 FPSC-Game), the same error pops up, telling me "The application...etc". Have you changed some compiler settings since beta 10? Because, due to the fact I'm getting this error even with every modded FPSC-Game, I've asked to The Zombie Killer (I was trying to use his Community Mod) what could be causing the problem: one hypotesis was different compiler settings from the official version..
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 12:06
I am testing a bunch of model packs and may have found a bug with model pack 52 (viral outbreak).

Take a character like Grendel and have him chase you down a stair or a slope. He will stop at the top never going onto the stair. I have tested this with both the standard ai scripts and the included Dark ai scripts.

Can anyone confirm the bug?
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Scurvy Lobster

I tested the Grendel on a simple map and the character had no problem following me downstairs - does anyone else have an issue with this, as I suspect level design.

@All.

Beta 14 is up, and fixes the physics issues with newly spawned characters.

SC
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 22:11
Scene Commander: thanks for testing the issue. I will download Beta 14 and redo my tests.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 22:21 Edited at: 31st Jan 2013 07:21
I personally had not problem with b12 and b13. However, I am having a problem with beta 14. In particular the spawning a character in-game.

THIS IS RELEASE 757

THIS IS RELEASE 758

THIS IS RELEASE 759

Yup, spawning in the air.

Addendum #1:

When I spawn the unarmed thug with coward10.fpi in main, he will spawn and then will fall back to ground when he crouches after hearing the trigger zone click. If I replace it with default.fpi, he will stay in the air. At first I thought a movement would make all the characters fall to the ground but that isn't so. I used an enemy 341 character. It spawned in the air and stayed in the air as it pursued the player. Never did settle to the ground.

Addendum #2:

I do not have Win8 but Win7 so that you would know.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
Jcatalfamo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2013 03:27
13 and 14 have same issue for me.
Install goes fine, but map editor still crashes when launching the application.

BETA10 is still last version that will run on Windows 8 for me.
Stalker93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2013 10:45 Edited at: 31st Jan 2013 10:45
@Scene Commander
Same as Jcatalfamo on beta 14. Startup crash as beta 11,12 and 13. Beta 10 still working very fine.
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2013 15:54
I use win 8 X64, Beta 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 work fine for me. I do have (run as admin.) checked and have UAC, off. Never has crashed on start up.

mk83 Productions
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2013 17:44
New Game & Map EXE builds, plus possible fix for the floating character issue. Beta 15 out now!

Hogging the awesome since 1999
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
When was the video texture included into the code? 1.19 or 1.20?

I have a problem with build game with more than one level with video textures. I tried the old trick of building one level at a time and bringing it all back together, but that no longer works. The same thing with changing the sky per level in the code.

I built a four level game this morning and through the night and it will not work properly. My problem is, I can play the build game just fine, but when I get to the last level it crashes. I thought I would just switch level 1 with level 4 and see what happens and it loaded level 4 as 1 just fine, but then crashed on level4 as 1. I did a complete re install to see if that would work. No dice. Then out of the blue it builds all four levels. Before it would get hung up at level 2. At the part where is says moving all files to a excutable folder. Then it would crash. It would be one level just fine with the exception of the long pause at building portals.

I don't remember these problems. 1.20 seems to be getting worst as it continues forward. I have tested my problem in both windows xp and windows 8. Fpsc works just fine when I am in the editor and test game, but the build game seems off.

I am not fine with building one level at a time. I think that if this update is all about stability then it should be on all parts. Just my thoughts.

Do I have a fpm to test? No. I cannot find one good answer on my side for the problem. Can you replicate it? I don't know. each level I made was about 400 to 600mb with videotextures.

However I have some new bugs for you. When using new videotextures it is not getting built in the the final build. The videobank and story.avi are getting there no problem, but nothing custom.

Thek's grass pack has textures in the same folder that are not getting sent along either. The fpe tells fpsc where it is, yet you have to manually move it. This is a read problem I think.

The next thing is when starting a level with videotextures the screen goes blank or white and then shows either the level before or the new level without ambience before it cuts in to show the player a new level.

The next thing I saw is files that are not being used at all by the current levels of a built game are now included in the built game. For example, why do we need all the sound files for materials that are not in the final game? Or whay do we need the throwragdollright.fpi if ragdoll is not used?

Why do we need say all the basic backdrops, flak, etc, if we use another backdrop, not using any flak, etc?

These are just a few things I have noticed and before I go to bed I wanted you to be aware of them. Thanks and good luck.

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2013 18:33 Edited at: 1st Feb 2013 11:53
Downloading Beta 15 now

I have issues with character movement when using Dark AI (tested on Beta 12 and 14). When I turn on DAI (set to either enemy or ally in appear script and mainweapon in Main) I cannot get characters to follow me up stairs, slopes or into corridors.

Example: Aiko will not follow me in the attached fpm map.

edit: mostly fixed by adding waypoints (thanks s4real). Still problematic with corridor segments though.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2013 18:54 Edited at: 31st Jan 2013 18:55
Quote: "When was the video texture included into the code? 1.19 or 1.20? "

V1.20 (r645 to be exact).

Quote: " When using new videotextures it is not getting built in the the final build. The videobank and story.avi are getting there no problem, but nothing custom. "

We noticed this too, but chalked it up to the issue we raised with how skybox's were not getting copied in a build, or the odd entity texture not getting copied.

Using our "TV" demo we made for example, if we use the video texture feature and define our "video textures" like this...

... only my "00-AT1-Intro.wmv" file copies. I noticed that the "ancient_tombs1" folder is the top folder in the videobank folder- is that the issue? That it is only grabbing the top folder and that's it?

Further tests revealed this-> I changed my videos in the script to the following...

The build did not copy the videos, but did copy the "videobank\ancient_tombs1\00-AT1-Intro.wmv" movie only. So it appears that it is only grabbing the top level folder in the videobank. So it seems that we too have to manually copy our required file(s) once the build is done. Other than the fact my code supports either "wmv" or "avi", it matches the current source.

cybernescence
Years of Service
User Offline
Found what's causing the crash on Windows 7 for betas 11-14 (don't know if 15 has this issue yet).

Two dlls are now being requested that aren't on my system (probably what's happening on Win8 systems that crash too) - some systems will have the dlls already, some not.

msvcr71.dll & msvcp71.dll

I placed these both in the FPS Creator folder - no more crashes.

Hope this helps (but may be resolved anyway with 15)

[url=www.sauloftarsus.co.uk][/url]
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2013 19:37 Edited at: 1st Feb 2013 00:18
Will there be changes in the "Change list (Changes FPSC game) that reflect beta 15?

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
There is one MAJOR thing I noticed with 1.20 builds. The spawn system is all messed up. There is no longer any spawn delay and entities spawn immediately regardless. It breaks game projects in many ways.

Also from Beta 5 to Beta 15, I've noticed it takes 200mb RAM more to lightmap my level. This is a little hard for me to continue upgrading since I'm already fighting the memory cap as it is.

The main point here however is that the spawn system needs to be fixed.

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@ASTECH :- You should be seeing massive reduction in building your level unless you up the lightmapping then this would increase the ram.

Where did all these new issues come up from beta 10.

Best s4real

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@ASTECH :- You should be seeing massive reduction in building your level unless you up the lightmapping then this would increase the ram"

I have my Quality at 100 and TextureSize at 1024. I'm going for looks in my game and the environments are safely under the memory cap. However, going from Beta 5 to Beta 15, it adds 200MB more to my biggest memory usage which was around 1600. I simple do not want to be sitting on 1800 mb.

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2013 01:12
Quote: "Where did all these new issues come up from beta 10."

Actually, the *issue* that Starmind addressed (video textures not copying to build) and I re-enforced has been there for some time (just like the skybox copying). When he posted about it, I ran two tests- one in our v1.17 source and one in our VM v1.20 and it is there. It seems that issues of *what is being used in a test* versus *what actually gets copied to the final build* only get noticed when we start doing our check list of the final build and test (at least for us). It happened with the skybox's, it is happening with the video's in the videobank, and there may be others that experience similar issues with other folders.

As far as the "memory increase" mentioned, we have not seen that drastic an increase on our levels.

Jcatalfamo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2013 04:09 Edited at: 1st Feb 2013 04:25
Quote: "Found what's causing the crash on Windows 7 for betas 11-14 (don't know if 15 has this issue yet).

Two dlls are now being requested that aren't on my system (probably what's happening on Win8 systems that crash too) - some systems will have the dlls already, some not.

Hope this helps (but may be resolved anyway with 15)"

BINGO! we have a winner.
This fixed my issue with BETA 11/12/13/14/15 on Windows 8

Everything runs fine now.

EDIT:
Just wanted to mention I also need to place these two .dll files in the build game folder or the game exe will crash when attempting to launch on any system which doesnt have these files.
So it looks like FPSC after v120 Beta10 now requires these two dll's
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2013 04:20
These Betas are getting released too fast! Lol I can barely keep up.

"I'm inspired by my own wise quotes, thank you." - Burger, 6/7/12
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2013 04:38
Quote: "Two dlls are now being requested that aren't on my system (probably what's happening on Win8 systems that crash too) - some systems will have the dlls already, some not.

I placed these both in the FPS Creator folder - no more crashes."

Quote: "Just wanted to mention I also need to place these two .dll files in the build game folder or the game exe will crash when attempting to launch on any system which doesnt have these files.
So it looks like FPSC after v120 Beta10 now requires these two dll's "

Actually, it is common practice in a case like this to distribute the 2 "DLL" files with your build to ensure anyone else running it can without crashing. Strange how all of a sudden these two files have become an issue.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2013 07:16
Quote: "I have my Quality at 100 and TextureSize at 1024."

Well, your maxing it so you are going to have more complex light maps and therefore more VM taken up. You're going to have to sacrifices somewhere. I used to have it set at 100 but I decided to go down to 50 and keep the 1024 for texture size. I have to make my levels smaller but if one can make a level fun then you have succeeded in having a good looking level and a fun level to play. You can make several chapters -- each a game following the same theme with several levels. So, what do you expect with an inexpensive tool? The moon? But who am I to say anything?

Stalker93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2013 09:46
Quote: "Quote: "Found what's causing the crash on Windows 7 for betas 11-14 (don't know if 15 has this issue yet).

Hope this helps (but may be resolved anyway with 15)"

BINGO! we have a winner.
This fixed my issue with BETA 11/12/13/14/15 on Windows 8

Everything runs fine now.

EDIT:
Just wanted to mention I also need to place these two .dll files in the build game folder or the game exe will crash when attempting to launch on any system which doesnt have these files.
So it looks like FPSC after v120 Beta10 now requires these two dll's "

It's now working even for me
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2013 11:35 Edited at: 1st Feb 2013 11:38
@
Quote: "I cannot get characters to follow me up stairs, slopes or into corridors."

Checked your map and the reason she doesn't follow you up stairs is because you have no waypoints on the stairs so this is not a bug.

Quote: "msvcr71.dll & msvcp71.dll"

I didn't think about that as I placed them in my system 32 folder a bit ago because an app wouldn't work on windows 8 as it does not come with them.

Nice catch.

@Stalker93 You may have other files missing try updating dx9 to the latest version as many people still use the older version's and see if that helps.

Also if you have malewarebytes running it will stop fpsc from running there also a few other spyware/virus programs that are stopping fpsc from running and crashing.

@BlackFox :- I will ve looking at the source at the weekend and see about fixing it.

best s4real

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2013 12:02
That did the trick for the stairs and the slope. Thanks s4real!

I still cannot make DAI move a character correctly along a stock corridor segment. With waypoints the character stops after moving through the first corridor segment. This is better than before where she wouldn't enter the corridor at all but still a bit strange.
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2013 13:11 Edited at: 1st Feb 2013 13:13
Bug: insert sci-fi stock item "Alienglobe" or ww2 "gold" into a simple room. They only appear when you are very close to them (about 1 segment).

Can anyone confirm?
Stalker93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2013 17:56 Edited at: 1st Feb 2013 17:58
@Scurvy Lobster
That's not a bug: the culling settings are causing that effect. There's a command, "cullmode=X", you have to deal with: it defines the mode of "culling" to be used on the entity by the engine. If it's set to X=1, then "entity culling based on entity size and calculated cull range" is used (this mode is used by default): this way dynamic entities appears only when player gets enough close (the range depends on the single entity size), saving performance. Anyway, you could force a custom range per entity by adding inside their appear or main script the command "cullrange=X": you could set that to whatever you'd like and that entity will appear at X distance (in units, like "plrdistwithin=X") from the player. If "cullmode=X" is set to 0, the standard (or old) culling system will be used for that entity, making it always visible, no matter where the player is (like it was before 1.19 update I think).
Comby
Years of Service
User Offline
Just a quick question: did V1.19 fix the grenade sound bug? (for example: when you throw a Mills36, the sound "pullthrow.wav" ["sound1" in the gunspec file] plays twice - the same happens when you throw MP58 grenades)
ololo_11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2013 20:10
Hi guys, I have a problem with static light

Attachments

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2013 20:31
Quote: "plus possible fix for the floating character issue. Beta 15 out now!"

My first test confirms that the floating character is fixed.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2013 21:30 Edited at: 1st Feb 2013 21:31
Quote: "My first test confirms that the floating character is fixed."

Unless the gravity is off and he is suppose to float. Then you have a bigger issues. I too can confirm the floating character is fixed.

@ s4real,

Quote: "I will ve looking at the source at the weekend and see about fixing it."

No problem. Since you are doing that, can you *double-check* to ensure that the engine is flagging *all* that is suppose to end up in the build? I have grown use to always making notes and writing down what i have used in a development. While my lists are huge, it has helped us to narrow down what does not copy. However, the fact that is seems certain things were not copying (skybox's --> now fixed; now the "video's" used with the video texture feature) tells me that the code has not made the necessary adaptation for *custom* features and media.

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2013 11:37
A very strange and funny bug I have from B12 till B15. I cant switch entities to static or dynamic anymore. The value from the fpe will be used, all "old" statics and dynamics are still working, but I have no more option to chagne them in-editor.

See the screen attached!

Come to where the madness is:http://www.indiedb.com/games/into-the-dark

Attachments

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2013 13:53
@Ertlov
I guess you'll have to use the hotkey to change them. Problem is, they'll move slightly when you do that because you have to be placing the object for it to work :\

An obscure bug, that's for sure. Have you tried replacing the map editor with an older version?

-TZK

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 12:19:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 12:19:44