Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Open Source Community FPS Project

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2005 05:59
Yeah but I still like 'death'.

Anyway, back on topic: The HUD is about to be finished within a day (god I hate to keep typing that over and over, it shouldnt be taking me this long for as simple it is.).

It has been said that the body is a slave to the mind. Only the mind knows no freedom.
CPU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2005 07:14
hamish - I do have MSN, but I'm like never on, unless we setup a time, but you can probably get ahold of me faster through e-mail. But i wouldn't mind taking a look at the code and working on it, i'm also working on an editor of my own plus school to work around, but i'll see what I can do, I should have time to work some on it. You can email me at the lil e-mail link on my posts with the source and whatever other stuff it needs, but please, i do have dial-up internet which is a pain in the *** cause it takes forever to download things over about 3MB, so try to keep it lower than that if you can...

Cheers,
CPU

[center]K-OS Battlefields
IS
///---///---///---UNDER CONSTRUCTION---\\\---\\\---\\\
[center]
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2005 17:37
engine name : Claudius McFlaggert

game name : Undead Nazi Pirate Robots of the Kungfoorabean.

yes i give permission to use a likeness to my old project in your name.

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2005 20:45
Ukranium

Hi
Professor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2005 00:59
Dj, any screens?
dj blackdragon3710
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2005 07:32
No not yet (just got a pile of home work)

It has been said that the body is a slave to the mind. Only the mind knows no freedom.
ALPHA ZERO PRODUCTIONS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2005 11:03 Edited at: 24th Jan 2005 02:23
u guys might want to use him as a character
master chief from halo 2

NEW WEBSITE ONLINE (best viewed with FireFox)
XboxLive Gamertag: AZP
Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
I think we need a law suit....or we could use master cheif, a character from MICROSOFT.

3d meets 2d
ALPHA ZERO PRODUCTIONS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2005 20:26
huh ?

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2005 20:42
he is saying that the high poly looking model that is based completely on master chief would get us a law suit, especially because it's owned by microsoft. so no we wont use your model. and hey!..

Professor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2005 01:54 Edited at: 21st Jan 2005 01:56
Alpha, Please edit your msg and make those screens smaller.

Thanks.
Professor
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2005 23:35
Wait a tick...I'm pretty sure Master Chief is owned by Bungie, not Microsoft.

You'd have to worry about a lawsuit from them more than one from microsoft :-P

Intel Celeron 1.3 Ghrz | 512 MB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128MB
MSVC++ .Net 2003 | Wings3D | CharacterFX | Gimp v2.0
Prayne de crabug ahm rinedere be-yogt iglo kes gron
Badname
Years of Service
User Offline
ehm i didnt see the pic but other things from ALPHA ZERO PRODUCTIONS that realy look like exported form the game? or did you make them yourself? Didnt see the master chief pic but did you make it or was it from the game? and if its form the game how could you export it if its a xbox game ? :S

Professor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 00:55
Quote: "and if its form the game how could you export it if its a xbox game"

Halo is out for the PC.
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Im pretty sure he modelled it because he was going to make a halo type of game or something.

[href]www.vapourhost.com/~flyer[/href]
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 07:24
Well, I don't think he did, a while ago someone posted a link to a site with the Halo models (or models modeled after the Halo ones) on it. He probably took em from there or something, I don't trust Alpha myself.

Intel Celeron 1.3 Ghrz | 512 MB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128MB
MSVC++ .Net 2003 | Wings3D | CharacterFX | Gimp v2.0
Prayne de crabug ahm rinedere be-yogt iglo kes gron
Professor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 08:16
Quote: "Well, I don't think he did, a while ago someone posted a link to a site with the Halo models (or models modeled after the Halo ones) on it. He probably took em from there or something, I don't trust Alpha myself."

PrestonC, Your apparently dont like Alpha for some reason, Im sure Alpha didnt mean anything by posting a Halo model lets just try and get to somthing else .

Thanks
Professor
dj blackdragon3710
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 08:20
Like back on track I'm getting upset with myself, can't seem to get the HUD done on time!aaaaaaagggghhhhh!

ALPHA ZERO PRODUCTIONS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 10:40 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2005 10:43
hey preston c i was the guy who posted the site to the halo models but the pic was a halo 2 model and i don't have a modded xbox because if i did i would not have have xbox live

[edit]

alot of people hate me for some odd reason.....my dad also hates me

Professor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 12:59
Looking forward to some screens DJ!
thinkdigital
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I downloaded it. Nice piece of work, Hamish.

I have just one question:
Where is that billboard that Uberwiggett made? Or has the version with it not been realeased?

Some people look before they leap, and others leap and look afterwards. I find it's sometimes safest if I don't leap at all.
eGeneric Works : DB Site
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2005 01:59
Separate ZIP, just look back to where the screenshot is, it's attatched somewhere around there.

Isn't it? Wasn't it? Marvellous!
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2005 07:11 Edited at: 26th Jan 2005 07:12
Teh excellent lightmapping skills of Adr on the test level, plus you may be able to see that there is a particle effect somewhere there, meaning that I've added particle emitters to the engine, which are completely frame rate independent (ie. if frame rate is half particle emission frequency, particles will still be advanced in time properly, and not all seem to come at once). Sorry for slow progress on the game , been too busy losing miserably in CS:S, and doing homework and crap. Will try to pick up the pace before everyone loses interest.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2005 07:14 Edited at: 26th Jan 2005 07:15
Plus the new level that Prof is working on. He has made much more than this in terms of media for the game (thanks Prof!), so I'll upload more renders once the website is back online.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2005 07:46
I dont what style this is gonna be, but from that new screenie it looks exactly like what i like (war)! I'd like to discuss the matters of the missions and a possible mission editor. MSN or email me (or post here i guess)

Hi
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2005 08:47
lookin good, love that lightmapping well done adr. And sif people lose intreste in this sticky.

adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2005 17:39
Ooops - looks a little dark. I should really have loaded it into DBPro before I sent it back to you. I've noticed that levels seem to be darker in DBP than they appear in Gile[s] - and that's even after set object light x,0 on the level object. Let me know if the darkness gets too annoying hamish and I'll re do it to a half-decent standard.

Does this smell like chloroform to you?
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2005 19:32
actually i like it, it looks like it near matches the background image.

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2005 21:07
The darkness is fine I think, though obviously you're going to have to make the levels a bit lighter if it's meant to be daytime .

All the models:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/hpesoj/Weapons.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/hpesoj/Weapons2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/hpesoj/Misc.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/hpesoj/Humvee2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/hpesoj/Humvee.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/hpesoj/Buildings.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/hpesoj/Buildings2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/hpesoj/Buildings3.jpg

Here is the request for a texture artist I posted...

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=46935&b=3&p=0

Matman - You're already on my MSN aren't you? I'll try and catch you sometime, looking forward to it, a mission editor would be intesting.

Professor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 05:47
Hey DJ, Any screens?
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 07:05
DJ recently emailed me saying he won't have the HUD done for another month or so, because be got grounded. Not that that makes any sense to me, but then I don't know the full situation.

Professor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 09:12
Oh alright.

Thanks.
Professor.
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Probably means he lost access to his comp and he was only allowed to email you to inform you.

Have a heart and join my message board.And now my messageboards work again!Woot!
dj blackdragon3710
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 01:10
Hey, i'm in business concepts right now and thats the only reason I can type this. The reason I am not able to work on the HUD is because I am grounded for letting one of my grades drop. I am sorry that you didn't get the full story. I am only allowed to do e-mail and homework. Thats why it wont we done for about a month.

CPU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 11:06
Hey hamish, you going to let me take a crack at the editor or am I just gona be left in the dark?

CPU

IS
[center]
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 22:54
Well, I was waiting for you to reply .

Quote: "I'll send you the files if you tell me how and when (and if) you want them. Cheers."

Our crappy server is down, and has been for ages, so I can't upload it. Shall I send it to your email? Do you have msn? Be good to talk on there.

Update: Got particle effects attaching to bullets, so now you can have plasma type effects that are a lot more customizable that they were. Also I put ricocheting back in since I changed to Newton physics.

CPU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 02:28
@hamish -> this was my responce about four posts after where you got your quote...
Quote: "
hamish - I do have MSN, but I'm like never on, unless we setup a time, but you can probably get ahold of me faster through e-mail. But i wouldn't mind taking a look at the code and working on it, i'm also working on an editor of my own plus school to work around, but i'll see what I can do, I should have time to work some on it. You can email me at the lil e-mail link on my posts with the source and whatever other stuff it needs, but please, i do have dial-up internet which is a pain in the *** cause it takes forever to download things over about 3MB, so try to keep it lower than that if you can...
"

so in other words, e-mail would workey fine, and my MSN is just the e-mail bellow, but I rarely get on so if you realy need to contact me, do it through e-mail, I usualy check it about two times a day.

CPU

IS
[center]
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 02:47
Ah, sorry I'm stupid. I didn't see that post (maybe I'm blind?), I'll get everything together. I spent a good hour commenting up the source code and tidying up some stupid bugs so I can send it . Once I'm sure it's ready to be looked at by you, I'll send it . Cheers, and sorry again, all my fault.

thinkdigital
Years of Service
User Offline
You're site's down, Hamish.

Some people look before they leap, and others leap and look afterwards. I find it's sometimes safest if I don't leap at all.
eGeneric Works : DB Site
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 03:21
Indeed it is, and it has been for a while. I'll be having another word with my hosts soon.

soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 03:57
Hey all,
Sorry if this has already been asked (didn't like the idea of reading 393 posts) but how are the levels being made. Is it something like Cart Shop or an editor made just for the project. Thanks in advance.

Formely code2kill
Is it really that hard to check your spelling before clicking the Post Message button?
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 05:44
DarkCoder made some tiles, I think in 3ds max?? The tiles were put together in an editor. The test level I made was made in DeleD, lightmapped by Adr in Giles, and the barrels and crates and planks were placed in my own editor. Prof is making an excellent level in 3ds max (which I am testing in game right now). It's something of a small town. We still need a texturer for it, but we haven't got many volunteers yet. Hoping Adr can lightmap this one when it's done too . Anyone who wants to make any levels, please do. The more levels the better.

CPU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2005 05:58
so... what your saying hamish is that some of the levels are compleatly one model? or are you still sliceing it up into those nice little squares and tilebasing them? oh well, I'll probably figure it out soon enough when I get to work on the editor

CPU

IS
[center]
Doom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2005 14:14
cmon finish it already

--director of BRUNCO STARTS academy/School of tech
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2005 22:22
Quote: "so... what your saying hamish is that some of the levels are compleatly one model? or are you still sliceing it up into those nice little squares and tilebasing them? oh well, I'll probably figure it out soon enough when I get to work on the editor "

The engine at the moment just supports loading in multiple objects, with their individual physics settings, and having collision for all of them. There is no special system set up, so you can do what you want. Tiles would be more than possible, just someone has to make the tilesets . I can't make tilesets very easily, and DC did an excellent job on his tileset, which will be very useful for people creating their own maps. The general preference of most people however, seems to be to create the level in several big objects (ie. houses, trees, whole sections of levels), which will then be able to be loaded into the level editor and placed wherever.

So in answer to your question, yes tile based maps will be more than possible, just you need the media in the first place .

Dcuett - The map editor (if that's what you're talking about) will be finished when it's finished. And that reminds me, I'll get right onto preparing it for transfer over to you CPU when I get home .

granada
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2005 01:29
Cant wait untill i get some time to make a level in DeleD for this ,nice work everybody

dave

Windows XP Home 2002 Service Pack 1,1AMD Athlon(tm)XP 3200+ Barton 2.20 GHz ,1 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 256MB DDR
http://www.granadagames.com/
Professor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2005 07:32
Great! looking forward to some levels from you
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2005 21:39
Nice Granada . I too am looking forward to some nice levels (and sorry for not finishing texturing those levels you made ages ago for DeleD , I make lots of promises I can't keep ).

Update:
- Got Profs test level loading in. Looking fantastic, as un-textured and glaringly white as it is .
- Got guns firing at where the crosshair is pointing, and not just forward in a fixed direction.
- Bullets ricochet again (did I say that before?)

dj blackdragon3710
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2005 00:49
I am sorry to say this (I can type this because I am at school) but what exactly are tile based maps? Are they Just pre-fab's loaded into the editor and used under a different name("tiles")? Anyway, thats one of the things that I was working on before I got grounded(punished). Sorry for having to put everybody through not having a HUD for so long. But be happy, grades come out this week and i'm hoping to get ungrounded (I hope).

Professor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2005 00:59
Great dj, Hope it all works out for you

Professor

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:06:08
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:06:08