Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] Weapon Creator -- Re(did)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 05:30
About ideas I've been given:

Quote: "Maybe you could show what the weapon would look like with an enemy holding it. ~ I has returned"

I've Tried this before, and it's a pain. I most likely will feature this in later versions of Weapon Creator.

Quote: "the resize screen is a screeny of an ingame part with FPSC over that there is a box with height,weidth etc. cordinates.when we adjust those coordinates it changes in the picture from size and height. ~ Silver the lord of Nothing"

What really needs to be scaled is the gun model itself, so that really isn't feasible

Quote: "position the gun but have the program take a picture so you have an image when you zoom in. ~ game freak16"

That might make it into later versions of WC.

Thanks 4 the ideas, even if some of them won't work.

l8tr,

P.S. it's never too late to suggest more inovative features

"I don't bite her, i just slobber on her" "I remember things as well as a retarded goldfish, who just swam through the chicago river"

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 16:52
#UPDATE#

Here's Some Sneak Peek Screenshots. As Far as progress goes, getting close, I gotta go. L8tr

P.S. For best results, view the attached Screenage as a slide show.

"I don't bite her, i just slobber on her" "I remember things as well as a retarded goldfish, who just swam through the chicago river"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Blackburn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 16:55
thats a cool demo ( so when is the final program going to be out )

Current Games in Progress:
Modern Combat 2007
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 17:04
sweet pics.

FLA
Blackburn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 17:15
yeah sweet the ani-frames part is a bit confusing but sweet!

this is making me anxious

Current Games in Progress:
Modern Combat 2007
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 18:58
Something that would really help for choosing at which frame to play the sound and such, it would be cool if there was a little video thing like windows media, only it could be mad by you, that would play the guns frames, and display the frame it's currently playing. Tjis would help the new comer choose frames.
-Sunflash

http://tinypic.com/egv4u8.gif
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 21:07 Edited at: 14th Apr 2006 21:09
You mean like forward, backward, play, stop, pause and loop buttons, which would control the frame of the weapon model? Good Idea! I think i will implement that. In case anybody wants to know, I will be attempting to imbed a DBPro EXE into the VB Express 2005 Form/window. In other words, instead of waiting for a DBP app to load for each little 3D thing (Anim frame setting, positioning, scaling, rotating, ect.), it will be part of the main app. So, you could have nice GUI, AND 3D stuff, in one window! OF course, I'm only attempting this, 'cuz it may turn out to be virtually Impossible without certain DBP expansions . Speaking of which, i don't have DBP yet (I'm thinking about getting it) So do you think one of you with DBP could compile it, so there's no stupid little "Freeware--Trial OF DPB" box. If that isn't legit , or if none of you want to do it, I would release the 3D apps free, without any documentation, and have them write encrypted files, so you wouldn't be able to hack it . Then, WC would come with the exact same mini-app , and the documentation. This would make it legal, but it still would display the "FreeWare" box.

Gangsta Gamesta
Years of Service
User Offline
so it would show a hud icon that takes up the screen awesome program tho your in my credits
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2006 01:31
Quote: "so it would show a hud icon that takes up the screen"

Waht do you mean?

Quote: "awesome program "

thanks!

Quote: "tho your in my credits"

What do you mean?

Gangsta Gamesta
Years of Service
User Offline
opps didnt mean to put "tho" i meant and uh by the hud icon i mean like the guns you create with the free version have a backslash in the game of some pic.

Ps program looks AWESOME just checked out the pics
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2006 03:30 Edited at: 15th Apr 2006 03:48
It never showed up...so double posted. My bad
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2006 03:43 Edited at: 18th Apr 2006 23:26
I'd be happy to compile this for you Code( I have DBPro ). As long as I can get a free copy I'd do anything I could to help. I can even go as far as providing server space to house this or a site for its promotion. You guys doing this code work to pick up where FPSC fell off deserve all the help you can get. I don't visit this site everyday so if you need an immediate responce please contact me on the forum at www.out-lawz.com/forum or on the "Live Chat" box at www.out-lawz.com/oL

If you still need this done and reply to me in someway I'll get'er done for you. I'm busy making me a site just for this 3d stuff since everyone else and their brother here has one at www.3ddesign.out-lawz.com
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2006 15:47 Edited at: 15th Apr 2006 15:47
@ Locrian
Definetly will contact you when I'm ready, as i just started rewriting the DBP code.

@ all
I'm making the muzzle flash & hud.x position-er more 3D model-er like. It dosn't appear that I'm going to be able to Imbedd by DBP window within the VB Express one, though I still am looking for a way to do it... I just had a brainstorm:

What if i released FPSWC (Sound like a cool name, or not?) in three versions:

Demo::Lets you make 2 weapons, and the published weapons have a watermark in 3D on them.
Lite::Is only the 3D positioner app, with a bit of simple GUI
Pro::Is the whole Kaboodle, The Excellant GUI, The 3D positioner, And The publisher.

Think that'd work?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2006 15:55
That works for me.

FLA
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2006 16:23
Choices are always good.

Gangsta Gamesta
Years of Service
User Offline
i know demo is free ,but is lite free i hope cuz im a poor kid
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2006 07:12 Edited at: 16th Apr 2006 07:13
See, the reasoning behind all my licenseing choices, is that I'm a poor kid to! LOL. No, really, I need cash so I can get a laptop, make cool games, program a FPSC killer . oooops... annnyyy-way, I think(Read almost for-sure-edly know) that I'm going to sell it cheaper than pro. sorry to all you fellow poor kids (Joking, that Your poor kids), but I'm probably going to charge for it... I know other people have given out free lite versions, then charged for the Pro version, but i just don't think that way at the moment. I want to develop my software with the goal in mind of getting sales so I can pursue my dreams. I want to build on this software, And perfect it. I want to blur the line bewtween Indie and Professional applications. While this may be mostly wishfull thinking, It's my goal for Weapon Creator. I think I can do this, but it'll take lots of time and effort, And I'm prepared to do it. And, with all the support Fourm-side, I'm sure I can do it. I'm asking you all now to post here often, tell me any settings you've figured out, give ideas, ect. While traditional Software Devolpment is done entirly by the programers, It dosn't have to be. If you all pitch in, this could really form into something worthwhile. In my opinion, the only thing holding it down, assumeing of course, that it turns out to be a relatively good product, is the market life of FPSC. I've been wondering just how much a product like FPSC can remain. It's a niche market, and unless TGC releases updates, I can't see it surviving for much more than a couple of years. Of course, I don't actually own FPSC, so I can't really judge it properly.

#SEMI--UPDATE#

I'm Re-Writing the MuzzleFlash Positioner, to make it more 3D-Modeler like (hmm, this is familiar... ). Iv'e thought up a inovative controll system, which works like so:

Let's say you want to Manipulate a cube. The cube has arrows, front, back, left, and right. When you click on one of these, the cube is moved in the direction the arrow is pointing. There are also plus, minus(for scaling), and rotation 'buttons'. Attached is a very simple image showing how this would be layed out.

Ok, people, I've gotta go now. I hope I wasn't bragging in this little 'speech', or FPSC bashing.
Ok, L8tr,

P.S. the attached image is really small, so to view it properly, your going to have to zoom "8X" in Paintbrush.

Attachments

Agent Blacky
Years of Service
User Offline
hhmm.. where can i download it?

Sorry for my bad English...
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 16:59
When it's done, you can download it at a currently undisclosed location.

Attached is a simple test run of the new muzzle flash positioner. The box is a placholder. Click the arrows to move it. Does this interface work?

Attachments

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 17:30
It works.

FLA
We are all noobs at something!
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 23:32 Edited at: 18th Apr 2006 23:35
OK code, Well just yell when ya need it. And if you want the site space your url would have to be something like code.out-lawz.com or something...I didnt get the package where I can make new urls. So a subdomain would have to do, but I've got plenty of room and band width. You do know how to FTP correct?( its a dumb question for someone thats coding I know, but I have to ask as subdomains dont have a CPanel)

edit...also theres no ad's or anything and you could always use a url redirection service if you didnt like out-lawz in the url
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 04:27
Here's Another test of the new weapon positioner. I'm not too happy wiht it in it's current state, I think i might just use the old one. What do you guys think?

@Locrian

sounds great!
Quote: "You do know how to FTP correct"

I've done it before, And it shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

Attachments

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 04:36
I liked the last one better.

FLA
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 04:40
Do you mean the original one, with four screens, or the more recent one, simmilar to this?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 04:42
The more recent one.

FLA
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 04:50
Odie-Kay.

If you don't mind me asking, what particular parts made that version better?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 05:00
I really can't explain it.It is more of a feeling I got when I tried the app.
That is the only way I know to explain it.
I know it sounds weird.

FLA
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 05:06
Ok then.

@all

Please download, test, and compare the two versions. Post back here with the cool and the bad features. Give suggestions.

l8tr,

Gangsta Gamesta
Years of Service
User Offline
uh i dont really like this one no offence but i liked that most resent one that showed the gun.cuz i cant even work the new one :\
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 07:05
Oh, this one is just the muzzle flash positioning, I guess I should have specified that. The Hud.x positioner is basicly done. What do you mean you can't work it?

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 19:31
I didn't read every comment made by others, but I did notice you don't have an option to add a crosshair. Think about it!

Nue B. or not Nue B. That is the question.
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 19:47 Edited at: 20th Apr 2006 19:48
Actually, I do. There's a CheckBox in the "General" Dialog, that lets you choose whether or not you have a scope. Then, in the "Files" Dialog, you can import the scope image.

Woah! I just wrote all that, then realized what you meant! As far as I now, FPSC uses the same Cross hair for every weapon. If anybody knows differnt, please tell me.

George 7004
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 19:52
-offtopic- uhh conjured? the models you have on your site are all for $5??! but i saw them for FREEE at FPSC Files

http://www.mmorpg-net.org

Your Source for Awesome MMORPG/MMOFPS Games
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 19:55
A number of people have used their own crosshairs. Perhaps you could have an "Import Crosshair" function?

-Keith

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 20:17
Well the muzzle flash positioner works fine. I guess I'm not getting why it would have to be controlled in 3d though as the flash is more like a decal positioned at the end of the weapon. I may be not getting this though and I'm certainly no game coder. Between my art work/modeling keeping up with php coding is to much to really learn another language( hence why my DBPro is no more then a shortcut icon in a folder to me).

Is this positioning feature part of the pro version only? And I agree with NueB that a cross hair positioner should be part of the package( least for the pro version ) as this would make this a complete weapon integration app.

Also agree for charging on this. light or pro. We've all seen what it's going to do so theres no reason for a "free trial". It seems that any development thats going to help FPSC a workable game designing tool, is going to have to come from the community( I'd love to be proven wrong by TGC ), and is one of the reasons I offered free site space. Besides getting a free copy I feel I'm contributing to the developers project I support and belive in. It's a good product and much needed tool that every one needs. And if selling this helps you buy a copy of DBPro and get better tools to work on being a developer, regardless of the product, This is your right. Like I said in another post.."Ass,gas or grass....no one rides for free"
Chaos Rulez
Years of Service
User Offline
e
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2006 04:39 Edited at: 25th Apr 2006 23:45
Quote: "E"

what the heck?

LOL

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2006 20:57
Quote: "See, the reasoning behind all my licenseing choices, is that I'm a poor kid to! LOL. No, really, I need cash so I can get a laptop, make cool games, program a FPSC killer . oooops... annnyyy-way, I think(Read almost for-sure-edly know) that I'm going to sell it cheaper than pro. sorry to all you fellow poor kids (Joking, that Your poor kids), but I'm probably going to charge for it... I know other people have given out free lite versions, then charged for the Pro version, but i just don't think that way at the moment. I want to develop my software with the goal in mind of getting sales so I can pursue my dreams. I want to build on this software, And perfect it. I want to blur the line bewtween Indie and Professional applications. While this may be mostly wishfull thinking, It's my goal for Weapon Creator. I think I can do this, but it'll take lots of time and effort, And I'm prepared to do it. And, with all the support Fourm-side, I'm sure I can do it. I'm asking you all now to post here often, tell me any settings you've figured out, give ideas, ect. While traditional Software Devolpment is done entirly by the programers, It dosn't have to be. If you all pitch in, this could really form into something worthwhile. In my opinion, the only thing holding it down, assumeing of course, that it turns out to be a relatively good product, is the market life of FPSC. I've been wondering just how much a product like FPSC can remain. It's a niche market, and unless TGC releases updates, I can't see it surviving for much more than a couple of years. Of course, I don't actually own FPSC, so I can't really judge it properly. "

Man, if only you were mkaing Riker 9! Think about it! We would actually get Updates! Lol.

Quote: "Woah! I just wrote all that, then realized what you meant! As far as I now, FPSC uses the same Cross hair for every weapon. If anybody knows differnt, please tell me."

On default, yes, but you can change it by changing the crosshair.dds (file may vary) file. That file, incase you didn't know contains the image for the crosshair. So basicly, you could do what you do for the scope, and allow the person to use the default crosshair by checking a box, then later you could get the choice of changing the image. Hope I didn't mention the obvious. I'd just hate to see this feature get missed.

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2006 02:01
Ok, I'm torn between using the later(but not latest, second to last), version of the Muzzleflash positioner, or the first one(Four Screens). Any sugestions? I'm going to add a custom crosshair option.

#NUANCE LIST#

Quote: "This is a list of quirkeness(SP?) in Weapon Creator that might present a problem."

1.) No dds preview.

For example, if you pick a .bmp muzzle flash preview, it will be displayed in muzzleflash preview box. But, if the preview image was a .dds a dialog box will pop up, saying 'incorrect preview file foramt'.

2.) Images will not be converted

So if you pick a .bmp image, and expect it to be converted to .dds, no luck. (Actually, the expectations have nothing to with it. )

3.) Custom MuzzleFlash will not be displayed when position it in 3D.

so if you pick MuzzleFlash 1, it will still display the default one. This is only in the MuzzleFlash positioner, NOT in FPSC.

More soon!
If any of these arn't exceptable, please tell me.

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2006 02:30
Bump. edited the first post to diplay a lot more info.

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2006 23:54
Like I said before, I hate to triple post, but...

Sorry this is taking so long guys, but it's working nicely...

Here's the latest demo off the Hud.x and MuzzleFlash positioner. It's a little heavy on the controls so read all the text carefully, and tell me if it's confusing. This version has the save option disabled, but, besides that, I'ts pretty much the final edition for Weapon Creator v1.00

As far as progress goes, I'm near the end of the Weapon Creator generated gunspec file. Mostly just aesthetics and component intergration from here on.

Attachments

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 00:09
Yes!Simple,easy to use,and fully functional...just kidding about the functional part.
This is excellent.

FLA
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 00:18 Edited at: 26th Apr 2006 00:23
Great! Perfect! Adjectives fail me... and I mean that in a good way! LOL I've rewrote:

The movment system, three times
The camera system, four times

later,

@all peoples:

please try it out! The more opinions the better!

EDIT:

I'm open for the next 5 minutes, as I'm waiting for a backup of Weapon Creator to finish burning. So, ask any thing you would like to know about Weapon Creator! and, of course, I'll answer it!

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 00:39 Edited at: 26th Apr 2006 00:41
Okay.I will ask the question I know you hate:
Is it done yet?

Couldn't help it...lol.

FLA
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 00:44
lol.

No, not quite yet.

I feel like I could release a working version in a few hours to a few days, but you know how that is...

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 00:45
How much did you say you were gonna charge for this?

-Keith

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 00:48 Edited at: 26th Apr 2006 00:50
Probably $15. Why? Is it to ugly, good, bad, hard, easy, cheap, much, expensive, simple, complex, ect?

Just so you know, that demo program mostly constitutes the Lite version. The pro version inlcudes the gui(the meat of the program ).

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 09:07
Wow, thats REALLY nice! You can possition it very easily!
One problem thoug, when I press enter the first time, it gives me an error and says that it couldn't load the sound file on line 45. Hope that helps.
-Sunflash

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 15:10
Ahhh... Thank you very much for telling me that. I know exactly what the problem is. If you like, I can upload a more recent version, so you can see the second part.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2006 15:14
I'm downloading it now; I let you know if I find anything.

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 17:44:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 17:44:36