Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] Weapon Creator -- Re(did)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 04:39
Hmmm...

I was going to check the EXE I sent you, but I can't find a copy in my sent box, could you re-email it to me.

Weapon Creator for sale soon!
Weapon Creator
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 04:41
Quote: "Quote: "In the "Files" section, when selecting sound files, why put
the name of the files, then the path to their folder? Why
not just let the user browse for the sound file? It makes it
so much easier."

there are browse buttons. right at the end of the path boxes.
"

I know, but what is the point of the "Names" boxes? Why don't we just use the browse buttons to find the .wav sound?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 04:43
Higgens, do you have .NET Framework installed?

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 04:47 Edited at: 8th Jun 2006 04:48
@sunflash

Yuh know what, that just might be it!

To elaborate on what sunflash said, you need the .net framework 2.0

See attached.

Weapon Creator

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 04:53 Edited at: 8th Jun 2006 04:57
Oh, ok! That makes tons more sense, thanks for clearing that up for me!
Hey, just so you know, you can press Alt + PrintScreen to take a screenshot of the current window your viewing instead of having to cut it out of a huge screenshot. It saves a lot of time!

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 22:51
Quote: "Hey, just so you know, you can press Alt + PrintScreen to take a screenshot of the current window your viewing instead of having to cut it out of a huge screenshot. It saves a lot of time!"

Thank you!

@higgins

Did you get it working?

@Beta Testers

Did anybody get a chance to try out the custom smoke, bullet shells, muzzleflash and bulletholes?

Weapon Creator
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2006 00:43
I'm testing right now, keep your fingers crossed!

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2006 01:22
I'm going to test again later, but here's several things I can tell you now:

1) The "zoomscope =" line in the gunspec.txt file always makes the extension for images be ".dds". I used an image called "Scope.png" and it wrote in the Gunspec file "Scope.dds"

2) the scope image should be copied to the guns folder (the same place as the Gunspec.txt file).

3) You might need to look at where the custom bullet files get copied to. WC copies the image to the guns folder, but I think it's supposed to go somewhere else.

4) The decalspec.txt files need to have a line of code added to the bottom of it:

offsety =0

5) Sometheing I noticed is that when you choose your custom bullet shell model and texture, then click "Next..." or "Back..." Then return to the page, the values in the "Bullet Shell Model:" and "Bullet Shell Texture:" are both erased.

6) The custom muzzelflash dosn't seem to work, say when I click the "Use Custom" when the muzzleflash number is set (by default) to 7, then you specify an image, and publish, the gunspec.txt file still says "7".

Does the custom bullet shells need to be animated? Becasue when I tested it, I could see the model, but the texture wasn't applied, and it sorta just floated around.

Anyways, that shouldgive you some stuff to work on
Locrian, have you had a chance to test yet?
-Sunflash

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2006 01:42 Edited at: 9th Jun 2006 01:43
Quote: "1) The "zoomscope =" line in the gunspec.txt file always makes the extension for images be ".dds". I used an image called "Scope.png" and it wrote in the Gunspec file "Scope.dds""

will fix.

Quote: "2) the scope image should be copied to the guns folder (the same place as the Gunspec.txt file)."

Just check 'scope' in general. I need to make the scope controls in the files dialog blanked out, unless scope is checked.

Quote: "3) You might need to look at where the custom bullet files get copied to. WC copies the image to the guns folder, but I think it's supposed to go somewhere else."

well, I've seen a way to do it that put's the image in the same folder, but i'm not sure if that system works.

Quote: "4) The decalspec.txt files need to have a line of code added to the bottom of it:"

It's not essintial, FPSC can skip it.

Quote: "5) Sometheing I noticed is that when you choose your custom bullet shell model and texture, then click "Next..." or "Back..." Then return to the page, the values in the "Bullet Shell Model:" and "Bullet Shell Texture:" are both erased."

woah, thatnks! that's a major oversight on my part...

Quote: "6) The custom muzzelflash dosn't seem to work, say when I click the "Use Custom" when the muzzleflash number is set (by default) to 7, then you specify an image, and publish, the gunspec.txt file still says "7"."

hmmm...

Quote: "Does the custom bullet shells need to be animated? Becasue when I tested it, I could see the model, but the texture wasn't applied, and it sorta just floated around."

No, no animation needed. I think the texture isn't being copied...

Thank you so much, Sunflash! This kind of stuff is perfect!

Weapon Creator
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2006 02:17 Edited at: 9th Jun 2006 02:18
Funny, the muzzleflash works fine here...

also, about this:

Quote: "Does the custom bullet shells need to be animated? Becasue when I tested it, I could see the model, but the texture wasn't applied, and it sorta just floated around."

Looks like the BulletShells need to be textured in the model, IE, uv mapped.

Weapon Creator
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2006 05:31
I haven't got a chance to test this out...I plan on doing it tomorrow and devote some time to it....got busy.

One thing I did notice is you used my un-retouched pick of Weapon( This is what I've termed the special opz "code name" of your Mascot) for your splash screen. I'll get you a proper pick done up if you want Code( now where did I put those psd files? )...that ones got some huge flaws and no post work done. Did you want her to have a muzzle flash like in the banner or plain like she is.....whatever but that neck mesh poking though her skin suit bugs me as far as a final product goes if you wanna use her for your actual release.

I will jump on checking this out first thing though.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2006 19:30 Edited at: 9th Jun 2006 21:07
OK, a lot of the things Sunflash hit on but heres a couple questions of my own. As I've not modeled any guns yet and all characters I used the Vicers model to test with.

1. The vicers model uses a "wind up" sound along with the other 5 sounds that are used in most other guns. To open up the text boxes you scroll up and down but theres a limit of 5 sounds. If someone makes a gun with 6( like the vickers) this will be a problem and each time you scroll a number it should make a new text box.

2. The section where it it says :
"Would you like to save the rotated weapon. Doing so will strip all animation and texture data. Hit space to save data"

Well for one thing ..continuously though out this program enter has been used to save data so I'd personaly keep a consistant format. Also...isnt the point of this program to take the worries out of positioning guns in FPSC? If this is going to strip the data it kinda makes this useless. I mean it dosent say that moving it up or down will bother it or side to side...So is it only rotating the weapon screws this up? And what if you read that and dont want to save? Since im to hit "space" to save, dose hitting enter just move it along to the next section without saving? This is very unclear.

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2006 19:42 Edited at: 9th Jun 2006 21:16
Quote: "So is it only rotating the weapon screws this up?"

Correct, the reason being that the rotation method is based on saving a mesh. The DBP implementation of a mesh includes vertex data only. The only alternitive is to do low level vertex manipulation, which at the moment I really don't know how to do...

Quote: "1. The vicers model uses a "wind up" sound along with the other 5 sounds that are used in most other guns. To open up the text boxes you scroll up and down but theres a limit of 5 sounds. If someone makes a gun with 6( like the vickers) this will be a problem and each time you scroll a number it should make a new text box."

wow. I was unaware that any of the guns used more than five sounds... Ok, I'll up the max to 6.

Quote: "Well for one thing ..continuously though out this program enter has been used to save data so I'd personaly keep a consistant format. Also...isnt the point of this program to take the worries out of positioning guns in FPSC? If this is going to strip the data it kinda makes this useless. I mean it dosent say that moving it up or down will bother it or side to side...So is it only rotating the weapon screws this up? And what if you read that and dont want to save? Since im to hit "space" to save, dose hitting enter just move it along to the next section without saving? This is very unclear."

I'll re-write it to include enter to save, and space to close without hurting the weapon. Well... What do you think it should say/do?

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2006 21:12
Ok so if rotating the weapons in this screws it up, I've noticed that gun models in FPSC when brought into 3dmax are pointing muzzle down and in your read me you may want want to say that the weapons position may be changed with no side effects but changing its orientation will. This way all they have to do is save it in a similar position as other FPSC guns then fine tune in your program.

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2006 21:19 Edited at: 9th Jun 2006 21:20
Yah, ok.

Quote: "One thing I did notice is you used my un-retouched pick of Weapon( This is what I've termed the special opz "code name" of your Mascot) for your splash screen. I'll get you a proper pick done up if you want Code( now where did I put those psd files? )...that ones got some huge flaws and no post work done. Did you want her to have a muzzle flash like in the banner or plain like she is.....whatever but that neck mesh poking though her skin suit bugs me as far as a final product goes if you wanna use her for your actual release."

well, sure, if you don't mind, that'd be great.

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2006 02:11 Edited at: 11th Jun 2006 02:47
Ok, I'm basicaly fixing all the problems mentioned, so, got any more for me?

EDIT: all suggested is done. BTW, the custom scripts are now copied to:

and the ammo:

Is that satisfactory?

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2006 07:44
Yes! Very! Thanks Codemaster
Sorry about not testing today, I was busy all day at a fencing tournament, so writing this post was the first thing I could do on the computer today. I will try to test tomorrow, but it dosn't look good (VERY busy this week!).
-Sunflash

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2006 16:45
Quote: "Sorry about not testing today"

It's fine, I'm glad your able to help at all.

Quote: " fencing tournament"

cool!

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 10:43
Code Master,
When my weapon was made for some reason the crosshair file was an .x file instead of a image file.Also,when we pick the texture,is there any way that we can import a .dbo file?
The reason I am asking is that if you use a stock weapon's ammo for a weapon you are making the texture file is a .dbo file.
Other than that everything seems to be working fine.
Also if you could import 3ds models for weapons as well as .x that would be cool.

Blackburn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 19:42
hey this is probly a stupid question but is there a way that i could help out with the BETA

Current Games in Progress:
Modern Combat 2007
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2006 13:01
bump. I'm to busy to do anything this week, I just started summer school, and one of the teachers didn't show up one week, so I have an entire weeks homework to do. Silly teachers.

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2006 00:17
This isn't dead is it? CodeMaster, hoe goes it? I'm leaving for the Fencing Nationals tomorrow, so I won't be back until sunday, and when I am back, I will be catching up on school again. So I think my beta days are over... for several weeks

But I can most likly to smaller chores. Just email me

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2006 00:27
Yep, It's still alive. If been working on an activation system, which is pretty much done. I just need to package and test it now.

So, you can hopefully expect RC1 in a day or so.

I'll email you.

freakshow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2006 01:34
sweet! cant wait!
Btw, how do u get images on your sig?

Project:V and Gorepack coming soon!
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2006 01:44
Here you go:

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2006 03:04
Sending off RC1 now...

Reuben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2006 04:10
Can you email me when you come up with the final beta before the one that costs?
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2006 18:51
I could Email you when it's done, but why when the final beta is released? Jus so you know, betas are not public.

@testers:

So, anybody ready for activation? Why no emails in my Gmail?

freakshow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2006 00:37 Edited at: 1st Jul 2006 00:37
testing sig...
a little big, but thanks for the help code master!

freakshow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2006 00:40
testing again...
thanks again!

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2006 01:32 Edited at: 1st Jul 2006 01:56
I'll be sending you an e-mail shortly.Just woke up.
E-mail has been sent.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2006 02:07 Edited at: 1st Jul 2006 02:39
Ill let ya know.

Email sent

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2006 02:08
so its done now? or atleast a beta or something?

Blackburn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2006 04:06
yeah this seems to have died (even tho it says it hasnt) are there any betas yet like Jon said

Current Games in Progress:
Modern Combat 2007
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2006 06:57
The only betas are released to 3-4 people on this forum. And were just trying his activation software for the prog. That's the last few post telling him the emails are sent so we can receive our code to install the software. As much as Codes put in this prog and as easy as hes made it for everyone to use, it's has taken time.....Like all good things.

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2006 03:18
Okay, your codes are sent. If the activation process seemed boring or time-consuming, please tell me.

Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it very very much.

Later,

Codemaster

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2006 03:35
OK, the activation worked fine. And I don't think it matters how boring it is Code. It works and it keeps your product from being passed around to different computers( I'm taking it since it the activation knew my computers name).

I'll test some things probably tomorrow as I'm kind of hung up on a few things tonight.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2006 03:10
Well Code I tried a few differant test to try and "break" this....No luck and seems pretty dummy proof. Only thing I havent done is try and set up animations. I'm modeling a gun right now to try out the sections for the animation part of this.

So whats the news on this? I seen ya post about helping with gun problems. Did you get your pay pal stuff figured out?
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 19:30
Quote: "No luck and seems pretty dummy proof"

You have no idea how happy I am to here that!

Quote: "Did you get your pay pal stuff figured out? "

No yet... But, my PP acount is up, so it should'nt be long...

I also plan on adding 8 lines of code to my activation prog, and 5 lines to the main program. (Estimated Values)

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 03:44
So then basically what I got is the final deal then...just asking...not needing any more. Seems to do you'd need done as far as weapons go.....And when I get my gun done and test for animations I'll be able to better give ya feed back. The gun I'm going to do is also the one I'm going to enter in the contest so hopefully I'll be able to give ya a free shameless plug if I at least place...
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 03:47 Edited at: 11th Jul 2006 03:52
Ok, does anybody know what controls the speed of the weapon? I'm guessing it's just the sound-file length and fire-animation length. And this comes from me not having FPSC...

Quote: "So then basically what I got is the final deal then"

Pretty much.

Quote: "The gun I'm going to do is also the one I'm going to enter in the contest so hopefully I'll be able to give ya a free shameless plug if I at least place..."

Hey, that's great!

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 01:29
Only thing I do have trouble with man is the speed on positioning....for a wile it was fixed but in this version its like it was in the first versions.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 01:45
Code Master,
Did you ever check out being able to import .dbo textures.It would make making ammo easier.You could just import whatever stock ammo you wanted and the .dbo texture file for it and that would be a quick way to solve the ammo problem.
Also it seems like when I make a weapon the crosshair is an .x file instead of a .dds file.No biggie really.Just thought I would let you know.Then again it may be something idiotic that I am doing.

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 02:10 Edited at: 12th Jul 2006 02:11
Quote: "Only thing I do have trouble with man is the speed on positioning....for a wile it was fixed but in this version its like it was in the first versions. "

Hmmmm... I checked it out, and it seems the same speed as before on my PC.

Quote: "Code Master,
Did you ever check out being able to import .dbo textures.It would make making ammo easier.You could just import whatever stock ammo you wanted and the .dbo texture file for it and that would be a quick way to solve the ammo problem.
"

.dbo is a Dark Basic Object file, and as far as I know it dosen't contain a texture... Your still having the texture-less ammo problem?

Quote: "Also it seems like when I make a weapon the crosshair is an .x file instead of a .dds file.No biggie really.Just thought I would let you know.Then again it may be something idiotic that I am doing."

An X file? That's Weird... Ok, Just tested it, and it gives me a dds file. The only things I can think of are...

1.) Your confusing the crosshair text box with another one
2.) Your clicking all files and importing an X file.

I doubt your doing either of the above, but I'm unable to get it to be an X file.

Hey, can you attach the crosshair file from your latest publish? Let me have a look at it, maybey I can figure the problem out.

Thanks-A-Ton-For-Beta-Testing,

Codemaster

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 06:51
Well I dont know what it dose on your comp man but on mine its way to fast.....you can actually loose the object and have to hit "r" if you hold down a millisecond to long.
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2006 19:09
Woah!

In that case I'll have to implement a timer based momement system, which I'm doing now.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 18:00
Just a question on this.....what values...from what to what should be in the "Range" box. I don't really see the place in the gun spec this effects.
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2006 07:47
I think this needs a bump. It sounds like it's going well, any updates Code?

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2006 20:24 Edited at: 24th Jul 2006 20:26
@Locrian:

Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot to right the range values to the gunspec. leave it blank for the defualt FPSC weapon value, and for melee, 75 is a good starter value.

Thanks for the bump. Yep, It's going well. I'm just being lazy... I've got to write more help, and figure out how to automaticaly dowload updates over the net. Would it be Ok if for updates, you just receive an Email notice? I can't seem to get the auto-update thing working.

Hey, Any body wanna write some help for me?

What I could use is help for the Hud and MuzzleFlash positioner, and the ammo, and preview pages.

P.S. if you wanna preview the help, just go to:

General Page

Files Page

3D Page

Please note: When I say page, I don't mean help page, I mean page in the program.

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 08:54
Quote: "Would it be Ok if for updates, you just receive an Email notice? I can't seem to get the auto-update thing working. "

That would be awesome, way better (in my opinion) than a update thing in the program.

I would help right some of the help files, but I can't, unless of course you could write some English 101 papers for me
-Sunflash

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 17:45:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 17:45:44