Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark Game SDK and .NET

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2006 14:03
Quote: "The key element here is that the plugin can be written using C++, which if correct, alot of plugins are already written in native for DarkBASIC Professional."

Would the porting process require access to the original source? Or could you wrap it in some way? I'm very interested in WOLF's enhanced animation plugin for example, but expecting the original developer to invest the extra time on a port is a little unrealistic.

Congratulations on the release of what should be TGC's flagship product.

[center]
game dev ... is like a bouncy castle full of breasts - VanB
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2006 14:30
The unfortunate situation is that a plugin written originally for DBP or DGDK, would need to be converted to work correctly with DGDK.NET. This does require the source. The reason for this is that the plugin code must be wrapped into a managed class that inherits from a class called CDGDKPlugin. This exposes the interface to allow plugins to work. Without it, your plugin will not run.

Oh, and thanks .

Paul.

jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2006 15:18
Well done Paul. Something I've been after for a long time.

I Agree, this is one of the best things TGC have released for a while.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2006 16:56
I'm converting the ODE physics plugin originally available for DBP to work under the DGDK.NET. It will basically provide the exact same functionality as the original DBP plugin. I'll post this up when it's finished.

Paul.

Argon Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2006 16:59
Cool, I could use ODE in .net with one of my projects.

Now, if my download will just get approved, I can get started.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 09:38:27
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 09:38:27