Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Protest against the war!

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 02:15
"what i mean is that we remove the sanctions so that the population can actually import food and medicines, then actively support the entire population (via UN) and assisting them in overthrowing Saddam."

You've obviously never lived under the rule of a dictatorship. You don't overthrow someone that powerful, you get killed for trying as has happened for decades. Anyone who stands against him "vanishes". Why have so many tens of thousands of Iraqis been killed by his forces? Why is he able to use chemical weapons on his own people and get away with it? How can he invade Kuwait or launch missiles into Israel, etc etc. The list goes on. He is a dictator through and through.

But hey - go and protest for him if you like!

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 03:03
Quote: "I don't like protesters in general because they can turn in to a big ugly mob with no brains. Very dangerous even to themselves. Also if I was a terrorist that would make a tempting target, get lots of coverage"

(yeah yeah, I know, last one ok?) Do you vote? If so the only differance between you and me is that I try to make a differance more than once a year.

Here's a real easy way to end the war, first you take a PSG1, than you put a bullet in it, then you fire, wow that was fast. We don't need a war, we need a simple Blitz.

About all this weapons of mass distruction and links with terrorism, I still see no proff of them.

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
Easily Confused
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 03:56 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2003 03:57
The Communist

Personaly I think they should've have solved the N. Korea situation first, not by force of course. However, by concentrating on the Middle East first, the allies are simply allowing N. Korea to take advantage of the extra time given to them, time to develope their weapons of mass destruction, and the N. Korean goverment are not as timid as Iraq and would not be afraid to use them. Remember the U.S. already has a presence in that general area of the Pacific.

N. Korea is now a very major issue in my opinion, and they have a strong link with China, one wrong move could lead to disaster!

DangYankee

...looks like Mr Secretary has sent the boys round!

Programming anything is an art, and you can't rush art.
Unless your name is Bob Ross, then you can do it in thirty minutes.
large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 05:45
"About all this weapons of mass distruction and links with terrorism, I still see no proff of them."

Trust me Arrow, they're going to find them; even if they have "Fabricated in U.S.A." stamped right on the side of them.

But everybody, don't worry. With the support the US is getting, this war will be over lickity split. I mean, Denmark has offered the use of a submarine. Does anyone else finds this coalition sad?

If you want fresh underwear in the morning, take it off the night before.
Morales
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 06:41
why do you people get mad when the US is helping people
Andy
Years of Service
User Offline
>look not to be funny, but what done IS done... no matter how much you protest
>in your nice comfy chair, or down streets will it make the damn'dest of the
>difference. Why? Because there is a point of commitment, which the Troops have
>now taken. The time for talking and voicing opinions is past ... now its time
>to make sure that this conflict is done in the right way rather than adding
>extra pressure on the governments and causing even more problems because
>they're not focused exactly on the job in hand.
>If you truely want to make a difference JOIN the armed forces!
>else BE QUIET and let the men and women do thier damn'd jobs without feeling
>bad because they're not doing what everyone wants. It is bad enough most are
>doing this even dispite veiws ... but then its as was of the soliders said the
>other day - THIS is what they are there to do. A deterant is all well and
>good, having the force to show and be a deterant to any real conflicts, but at
>the end of the day if they never see real combat they'll never be ready if
>REAL combat arises. And Iraq is not the only theatre they'll be called upon to
>fight within - so pipedown.

Ohhh... Raven, Stalin would be proud of that speech... Before changing the Soviet constitution, he lobbied for a ban on faction politics in the CPSU... Discuss,vote and then stand by the decission even if You don't agree... Come to think of it, that very much like things work in Iraq as well...

Only problem is that human beings have a conscience and find it difficult to stand by decissions that they don't agree with. Human beings are not automatons, and as we have a free will, why not use it...

Since You want to blindly follow, what will You do if conditions change? What if the iraqis put up a real fight? What if coalition forces start dying by left and right - What if iraqi civilians die left and right... What if the US uses nuclear weapons... What if GWB decides to go after North Korea next, or Vietnam, Libya, Cuba etc. When will You say 'I no longer wish to follow', or are You willing to let GWB start WW3.

A society where You 'support the state or shut up' is usually referred to as a dictatorship.

>If it turns out they really really liked him, I just can't imagine that!

The 'Silverback' syndrome is well known in virtually all cultures. When people vote, they vote for the candidate they believe is the strongest(therefore the most capable they think). Even if You don't get to vote, 'Law and order' 'candidates' makes You feel safe... Most iraqis would propably rather live in an arab dictatorship than under american occupation, so they support the current system.

>Also that cry of "give the inspectors more time", is a load of crap, 12 years
>later and everyone acts surprised,

Well, after upping the requirements several time, having UN inspectors spy for them and constant bombing campaigns, I can see why Iraq was not interested in cooperating with the UN.

>I bet Hitler would have loved you guys.

Saddam Hussein is hardly comparable to Hitler...

>ofcourse he should be put of power.

Why... It violates the principle of national sovereignty to kill the head of state of another country.

>he is the most cruel dictator in the
>region, perhaps even in the whole world.

I disagree, it's just because You havent been force-fed propaganda about the majority of the other arab states... Secret police, state sanctioned rape and torture, random killings, no personal freedoms etc. characterize that region as well as many others...

>first of all, it is clear that the purpose of the war isn't to liberate iraq,
>if that was the case, then you Yankees would have thought of it a long time
>ago. when for example Saddam gased his own people

Really, how do You know that Saddam gassed his own people?

>it wasn't a long time ago when someone from pentagon said "we don't care the
>least about human rights or democracy. if we would have, then we would have
>dealt with a whole lot of other countries a long time ago. we handle primarily
>out of out own interests".

Only a fool could believe that there were ever other reasons!

>second, Saddam has to go. but i don't think that dropping bombs over an
>already terrored population is going to help. my solution would be to remove
>the sanctions, use peacekeeping UN-units, and then actively supporting the
>people in removing Saddam from power.

Why not instead let the UN guarantee the security and sovereignty of Iraq as well as lifting al sanctions and promoting reforms! If Iraq does not feel threatened, they don't need an army. That way everybody wins, but the US won't get control of Iraq.

>Even if he has weapons of mass destruction, he knows that the second he uses
>them he would have the whole world against him. just look at his attack on
>kuwait. he was forced to stop.

Iraq could rightly claim that they were defending themselves, but as usual the media 'forgot' to tell us that Kuwait were stealing oil from Iraq.

>(i am still wondering why noone did anything about him back then when they had
>the opportunity).

Because he was an american ally... Just a few years before, the US had seen the Pro american Shah of Iran being deposed followed by violent anti american sentiments and growing islamic fanaticism.

>it is only paranoia to believe that Saddam is a threat to someone else than
>his own population. i think its completely fair comparing Saddam and Hitler on
>a "cruelty"-basis though.

And then again no! Saddam has most likely killed people himself, whereas Hitler never got his hands dirty... Saddam Hussein is the source of much cruelty in Iraq, whereas the Nazi cruelty usually came from people other than Hitler, mainly because Hitler sponsored an environment of radical thinking.

In all respects, Hitler was a product of western culture, whereas Saddam Hussein is clearly a product of arab culture.

large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 07:43
"why do you people get mad when the US is helping people"
Because it is unjust. Bush has waged a pre-emptive war on Iraq. Everything that Bush has demanded, Iraq (even though sometimes reluctant) has complide. Bush has made repeated accusations of Saddam haveing "weapons of mass destruction". He has even gone as far as to say our CIA knows the exact holding locations of these "weapons". If so, why not just reveal this to the inspectors and get the UN backing? Possibly because there is no real proof.

Another reason the hold the US tactics in disgust, is the UN itself. The UN was designated as a world wide peace keeping organization. When the US (one of the formost and influential leaders of the UN) ignores the ruling as though it were an option thing, what example is that setting. If China (no offense to anybody) said they were going to invade South Korea becasue they were in the process of developing "weapons of mass destruction", the US would have a pissy fit.

Did you hear Bush's speach the night when he declared Saddam had 48 hours. In that speach he specifically addressed the oil wells. He said to the Iraqi people not to destroy them because they are "the property of the Iraqi people". Ironic that Bush said in December that the Iraqi's will pay for the war. And when the war concludes, who will install the "puppet government" into Iraq? Looks like the US is gettin' some oil wouldn't you say?

And even more, how is the US helping the forcefully conscripted military personel? If they follow Iraqi orders and resist US troops, they get the brains blown out by an M-16. If they don't obey orders, they get their brains blown out at point blank range.

Personally, I see this as a personal vendetta (a prolonged campaign against someone) of Bush. His daddy had shut the doors on Saddam once before but let a breathing crack open in it. Now Bush wants to personally seal that crack.

This entire crap thing started because of the ignorance of the US embassador at the time of the Gulf War. Saddam had met with the embassador and asked if the US would do anything in retaliation if he occupied the southern regions of Kuwait. The embassador said no. Sure enough, Saddam invaded Kuwait and to his surprise, the US intervened; thus the Gulf War.

Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 09:23
It's kinda stoopid to do something that might get your nads tazered

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 09:27
user:"If there is a demonstration or some other kind of protest near you, I ask you, PLEASE, join it and show mr Bush and mr Blair that it is NOT OK!"

It's kinda stoopid to do something that might get your nads tazered

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
Drakportalen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 11:42
Quote: "where does antisemitism come into the picture here? you are just very stupid in calling the left wing antisemitic because we don't sympathise with the Israelic aggression against Palestine. if a man from germany kicks me in the face, and i get mad at him, does that mean that i get mad at him because he is from germany? no, ofcourse not. if i choose to boycot cocacola i don't do it because it is an american company, but because they do bad stuff. so just quit the antisemitism stuf, it's just plain stupidity. BTW, both Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin were jews."

Antisemitism is a hole part of the picture. And the left wing is in many cases antisemitic, magasins and papers have many times pictures and text that is very antisemetic, maybe I can find some examples and show them to you. The hole thing has gone out of hand! Its not about the Israel goverment any more, and I think it has never been about that, if the people from the left wing could chose there would be no Israel it would be an ordanary state with no religion to. I dont think many people from the west world can se how the society is build in Israel and I dont think they can get the image that wake up everyday and dont know if you will get blown up or not. You cant go to restaurants neither can you travel by bus. And YES antisemitism is in the picture of the war on Iraq. 7/10 of all money to the palestine bombers comes from Iraq. Karl Marx was a jew but not jewish. He ended up talking against the jewish population in many cases you can say that he was an antisemitist he self.
Many antisemetic arbas are often quoting Marx you can the what Marx opinion about the "Jewish Question" was and how its quoted at one of the worlds biggest arabic antisemetic homepages:
[href]
http://www.abbc2.com/marx/marxen.htm[/href]

And last of all dont call it plain stupidy cause neither I or the cause is stupid.

www.drakportalen.dot.nu
haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 11:42
So Communist, you somehow believe by stopping the war, dropping the sanctions, leaving Iraq alone and shutting your eyes will some how make all the problems disappear. Make no mistake there have been countless uprisings in the past against Saddam but they failed. Are you willing to let Saddam build up countless new weapons of mass destruction?

There is no other sane option but to continue the war.

Specs:- 1GHZ athlon, Radeon8500, 192mb ram, winxp
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 12:03
Quote: "
You've obviously never lived under the rule of a dictatorship. You don't overthrow someone that powerful, you get killed for trying as has happened for decades.
"

Pinochet, Galtieri, Marcos?

Ogres have layers.
Xoid
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, so NOT MANY people will agree with me, first off I DON'T agree with it, BUT, I think the ONLY way to stop a man like saddam is too use force, come on! what if saddam has got weapons of mass-destruction? or developing bio-weapons christ! we will all die if he uses them.

if he finishes developing them and then decides to use them then we would ALL say *while choking* "I wish they did something about him years ago".

most of the Iraqi soldiers don't want to fight, they need someone to stand up for them to get rid of a dictator like Saddam Hussein and that's what the Americans and the British are doing.

I personally hate war, hate violence, love peace it's just the way I am, but the American government and the British government will NOT listen to the people, it's not a democracy it should be but, alas it's not.

anyway, I'm not religious but I am praying for them all I hope they do their job swiftly and effectively and come home as soon as possible, as I have friends who are medics and commandos in the British army, it's not a nice thought, makes me feel sick to be honest.

Let's give these soldiers OUR SUPPORT let's ALL think positive about this, think positive in our minds there isn't much else we can do about it.

they'll hear us, I guarantee it!
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 13:10
Thats the spirit.

Why spend time protesting now? The decision has been made.

I beleive that is the allied troops gave up now, Iraq would use it to get the peoples support for the saddam dictatorship.

In the past Iraq has asked for the US to take saddam out, now they are going to. We have seen on TV the reactions of the Iraqi people and it is a positive one. So why should the allied forces not get saddam out?

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 13:37
Well lets not forget exactly where 'The Communist' is talking from here. Much like when you watch the news you have to remember who is telling you the news - likewise every argument here is influenced by the point of view of the nationality of the speaker.

I'm going to make the assumption from his handle, and the fact that his avatar is the Russian star with a syckle and sythe that our friend 'The Communist' is from Russia.

Russia obtains most of it's oil from Iraq and has no formal alliance with Saudi Arabia. Russia provides Iraq with cash, goods and military equipment in exchange for oil. Loosing Iraq as an ally seriously undermines the Russian economy which is already in tatters.

Russia really cannot afford a war with Iraq, in much the same way that America cannot afford to leave Iraq alone if it is to accomplish it's mission to unite the rest of the planet as the 53rd pocket state in the name of 'fighting terrorism'.

It pleases me greatly to know that such imperialistic empire building in the modern world is resisted by the very thing that America is apparantly fighting, although the reality is that their enemies where formerly benign until this outrage.

With our troops now bogged down in street fighting, perhaps it is time to reflect upon how this situation could have been resolved: If America had not sent a large military force to Iraq before it stepped up the pressure, then they could have allowed more time for a political and peaceful solution without being seen to back down. However, that was never the intention was it?

Pneumatic Dryll, Outrageous epic cleric of EQ/Xev
God made the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 14:03
Quote: "If America had not sent a large military force to Iraq before it stepped up the pressure, then they could have allowed more time for a political and peaceful solution without being seen to back down. However, that was never the intention was it?"

How long would you give them, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year more? Without the significant threat of force I doubt Saddam would have complied at all. Iraq had its chance to disarm peacefully and it chose not to so they had to face the consequences.

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 14:38
Iraq was complying with all the reasonable demands, however they where not complying with the demands I personally considered unreasonable, such as Saddam appearing on television and denouncing himself. In the words of the Iraqi ambassador to the UN, "what more do they want?"

Xoid
Years of Service
User Offline
Saddam Hussein is a piece of crap, he kills his OWN PEOPLE for god sake, who needs a leader (that's a joke) like that? noone, people will die, yes that's true, but if it means a better future for generations to come, so be it.

Osama Bin Laden must be stopped also.
Xoid
Years of Service
User Offline
We MUST ALL forget our differences and unite to combat the filth in this world otherwise, there is NO HOPE for any of us.

OPEN your minds, we all live on the same planet we MUST ALL try to get along not destroy one another. let's build a future NOT destroy it.
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 15:34
Bah - let the Iraqi people raise up against him if they really hate him that much - and when they all get killed - problem solved.

Xoid
Years of Service
User Offline
PneumaticDryll, the problem is that MOST people in Iraq are too AFRAID to do anything about him, that's why they need other countries to stand up for them.
haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 16:01
Quote: "problem solved."

Nope, you seem to be missing the point of the war. REPEATEDLY it has been stated this is not a war against the Iraqi populace but against their leaders... The war is about disarming Saddam and Regime change.

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 16:31
-The war is about disarming Saddam and Regime change.

And about several other things.

Ogres have layers.
n3t3r453r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 17:38
Impudent US thinks that they can begin a war without the permission of UN I think not only Iraq is in danager. Atleast I can be sure for my life and life of my children, because Russia is the second (after USA) country that can destroy all USA in 20 minutes (but it is needed to add that all Russia will be destroyed in this case too ).

I am a cat. I have a hat.
I don't like mouse. I live in the house.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 17:53
i tiresomely read all of what has been posted in the past 24hrs...
and ya'll who are protesting appear to have missed alot of TV lately and what has been said by both governments. If you haven't you've never learnt to read between the lines in speechs.

what Rich said is the point exactly - and you'll find the Iraqi people are FAR more afraid of what Saddam would do to them than they are of what the US/UK troops will.

yes it is obvious that they're protecting the Oil Fields, yes it is obvious the interest in in the wealth of the country ... however the way in which they're doing thier bombing attacks are different to a decade ago. The whole affair is EXTREMELY tactical rather than a barrage.

oh and one final point, Tony Blair and Bush know they're not likely to be voted back in - so really THEY have nothing more to loose, so why would they care about thier popularity now? You can't protest someone out of office i'm affraid unless they've broken the rules - and although they were trying to play along with the UN, thier patience ran out with the whole situation.
And although yes everyone could agree until the cows came home that action needed to be taken NO ONE ELSE gave an alternative... Personally i'd rather risk a minimum of to say 20,000 people in a conflict that will not stop until their Dictator is dead or Captured, rather than waiting another decade to see if he will co-operate ... in which time he could MORE than have the weaponry that they claim he has.

There is a time for peaceful resolutions and there is a time for showing that we're not nations to be pissed about with ... and we've given him enough time, just because now they're doing it for selfish needs doesn't mean that this isn't what will enevitably be better for the people of iraq and vanquish a possible danger towards every other nation once and for all.

Remember no longer are the Governmental Offices in charge of the Armed forces, this is now a Tactical affair being carried out by people who've trained most of thier adult lives for this thing - and they will do the best job that our tax paying money has equipped them to do.

You think they need you guys protesting saying that what they're doing is wrong? I for one don't want one of my friends wrestling with his or her conciounce when apprehending someone, and whilst distrated by thinking about if they're doing the right thing they're taken by surprise.
It is far easier to fight, and defend yourself if you have no distractions, and what our peeps need is OUR SUPPORT, not OUR DAMNATION!

... oh and i'd suggest you go back and look at the Veitnam history, the protests were the perfect escape clause - they never ACTUALLY stopped the war, they were just a way of the government backing out of the conflict without saying "Okay, we were wrong!"

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Syrinth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 18:35 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2003 18:39
Hail Stallin!!! Come the revelution!!! We must build a united front against all non-brothers!!!

I would not really call this a war more of a glorified skirmish bushy boy only called it a war cus' he thought Mom 'n Pop America would like that sort of kill the Nazis and communists mentality!!! yet Mom 'n Pop America died long ago despite being a symbol of a nobel way LOL...

Now all that is left of the extreme political mood of the stars n' stripes nation is Hippies and Commies! god bless the Bolshevikk with the bomb!

What do you get in an evil garden? A Bush!
heartbone
Years of Service
User Offline
"If you truely want to make a difference JOIN the armed forces!" - Raven

Spoken like a true puppet.

Not in New York

The more you see, the more you know.
The more you know, the more you see.
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 21:55
You wish!

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 22:01
I don't think you understand... unlike Hilter or any of the other dictatorship leaders - Bush & Blair get almost ZERO say over what the armed forces does.
Because if they say they want something done a certain way, the generals will turn around to them and tell them where they can stick it.

The General Answers to themselves and the Joint Chiefs, but final say over any action is THEIRS!
if you want a true voice in how conflicts are played out then you must give yourself that voice.

you can either join the Armed forces or you can become a politian - but you'll never make it as one becuase no corporation will financially back someone who isn't out for thier own interests.
and those currently in power will ONLY use you guys who protest when they require an escape goat, perhaps when you wake up from your Hippie dream of what the world should be like and look at how it is actually revolving perhaps you'll understand it better.

It's like that line from Training day really... "To Protect the Flock you have to catch the Wolves. And it takes a Wolf to Catch a Wolf!"
whilst you all bitch about HOW we should go about disarming Saddam and saving the people, he is killing more and more just to make sure the weapons inspectors are slowed down and eternally making sure that they never finish... it takes the tough people to make the tough decisions.

PEOPLE WILL DIE ... but just as many will if we sat back and did nothing. And you can't just look at these things in the short term - because After Saddam dies, his Sons will then take over in the practises they've been taught all of thier lives! And even more people will suffer and die, living in fear...
You hear what is being said, they are afriad of the war ... but they are just as afriad to live under Saddams rule.

I doubt anyone here could make the decision to kill someone to save more lives, or even more sacrifice themselves to save people they don't even know!

It is so easy to judge at this distance living in your nice secure lives, you goto Iraq and live a day in the life of people there ... having to worry about what you do, what you say, how you live ALL the time and struggling to make ends meat every damn'd day of your life. I bet most of you can't even imagine how tough their lives really are, let alone live it and have the same opinion!

would you rather sit there if your mom gets cancer and say "hold on we don't know if the cancer is there to actually kill her, lets give it more time and see if it dies down." or would you rather she was treated as soon as possible.
maybe this cancer is laced with gold which is what the doctor is really pushing for to get at - but at the same time THEY WILL do everything in thier power to save the patient because right by thier side they have a Doctor who WANTS with every fibre of his being to save this persons life!

ya'll are just going around thinking life is some kinda fairy tail don't ya? thinking that if something bad happens that people will play to the rules, well tough tits - they don't and its only a select amount of individuals which can actually save you from yourselves!
Some people don't want peace, and the SOONER you learn this perhaps the sooner you'll realise that this was an inevitablity from day 1.

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
The Communist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 22:54
Rich:
You've obviously never lived under the rule of a dictatorship. You don't overthrow someone that powerful, you get killed for trying as has happened for decades. Anyone who stands against him "vanishes". Why have so many tens of thousands of Iraqis been killed by his forces? Why is he able to use chemical weapons on his own people and get away with it? How can he invade Kuwait or launch missiles into Israel, etc etc. The list goes on. He is a dictator through and through.

with international support from the UN then ofcourse it is possible for the population to rise against him.

"un pueblo unido jamas sera vencido" (a united people can never be defeated)
Che Guevara

But hey - go and protest for him if you like!

was that supposed to mean that i protest FOR saddam hussein? your out of your mind...

Arise ye workers from your slumbers, Arise ye prisoners of want, For reason in revolt now thunders, And at last ends the age of cant!

Workers of all lands, Unite!
Xoid
Years of Service
User Offline
I can assure you I have had just as much pain and anguish as the people in Iraq, I don't want to go into but it's true, and motherf***ers like Saddam Hussein MUST BE STOPPED by force, there is NO other way, I feel sad that innocent people will get killed but it's the ONLY way, dictators like Saddam Hussein will NOT LISTEN TO REASON.

let's just TRY and make this world better, as I said before in one of my posts

"Let's build a future NOT destroy it"

and crushing Saddam Hussein is the ONLY way to free these people
The Communist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 23:56
Drakportalen:
Antisemitism is a hole part of the picture. And the left wing is in many cases antisemitic, magasins and papers have many times pictures and text that is very antisemetic, maybe I can find some examples and show them to you.

gosh, well then give me some god damn examples of antisemitism! if we are antisemits because we protest against the israeli occupation of palestine, then so is the Social Democrats, the Environmentalist party the Center party, Amnesty Internatinal, Human right watch, the UN, ISM and so on and so on...

even George W Bush, president of the god damn US said in a speach a few days ago that "we demand a total withdraw of all israeli forces on occupied ground".

and what about all the israeli organizations that is also against the occupation, such as Women in Black, Gush Shalom, Go shalom, Peace now and so forth. are they also antisemits then or what? and what about Noam Chomsky, one of the most active intellectuals in the world, who is jewish? and Nelson Mandela, who said after a visit in Palestine that the Israeli occupation is WORSE than the apartheid regime in South Africa? are they all antisemits?

and what about the fact that the left wing is actually the most active workers against racism, nazism and antisemitism?

I dont think many people from the west world can se how the society is build in Israel and I dont think they can get the image that wake up everyday and dont know if you will get blown up or not. You cant go to restaurants neither can you travel by bus.

i don't think that people from the west world can imagine how it is to wake up in the morning and don't know if your gonna get your house destroyed by bulldozers, don't know if your gonna get shot for walking on the street (which Israel in many parts of Palestine has forbidden).

the situation in Israel-Palestine is a really hard one. each side is claiming the land to be theirs. no peace can come as long as Israel keeps occupying.

And YES antisemitism is in the picture of the war on Iraq. 7/10 of all money to the palestine bombers comes from Iraq.

um, i still don't see where antisemitism comes into the picture. the situation is that the US wants to bomb Iraq.

Karl Marx was a jew but not jewish. He ended up talking against the jewish population in many cases you can say that he was an antisemitist he self.

apuh... where does he talk against the jewish population. the first political work he did was writing articles about the problems with growing antisemitism in germany. he experienced it, his dad wasn't able to get a job only because he was a jew. he saw his family getting oppressed only because of their religion. it is just sick to call him an antisemit.

Many antisemetic arbas are often quoting Marx you can the what Marx opinion about the "Jewish Question" was and how its quoted at one of the worlds biggest arabic antisemetic homepages:

did you ever read the text? my god... he is actually arguing for total freedome of religion! gosh...

Quote Marx:
"The political emancipation of the Jew, the Christian, and, in general, of religious man, is the emancipation of the _state_ from Judaism, from Christianity, from religion in general."

my god i am hungry... the sushi place is closed, the only thing that remains is hamburgers from McDonals... i guess i'll have to wait for tomorrow...

Arise ye workers from your slumbers, Arise ye prisoners of want, For reason in revolt now thunders, And at last ends the age of cant!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2003 23:58
The Communist - "with international support from the UN then ofcourse it is possible for the population to rise against him."

no they can't... why? Because Saddam would just gas the entire region they came from again - regardless of who is guilty of the uprise or not.
that is the point in using force to extradite him

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 00:00
Wish I was patient enough to read all these posts, but unf I've been drinking lol

I was very against this war from the start for many reasons which others will have already gone over repeatedly. But Now that its started, my thoughts are with the members of both armed forces and their loved ones, and I think that opposing the war now will just mean it takes longer to get it over with.

PLUS If George Bush (******) and Tony Blair (sheep) can actually manage to overturn Saddam Hussein and turn Iraq into a safe, prosperous, Happy democracy, I'll have every respect for them. However that won't just take winning the war, it'll take years of dedication, and I doubt they'll put in the time or money.

But like I said, Now the war is on, I respect the authorities for trying to reduce civilian casulaties and get this all over quickly. My thoughts and best wishes are with the forces and their families PLEASE don't protest NOW, its counterproductive for so many reasons.

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
The Communist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 00:09
Raven:
no they can't... why? Because Saddam would just gas the entire region they came from again - regardless of who is guilty of the uprise or not.
that is the point in using force to extradite him

if he kills the entire population, then who is he going to rule over?

The Communist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 00:14
Raven:
It is so easy to judge at this distance living in your nice secure lives, you goto Iraq and live a day in the life of people there ... having to worry about what you do, what you say, how you live ALL the time and struggling to make ends meat every damn'd day of your life. I bet most of you can't even imagine how tough their lives really are, let alone live it and have the same opinion!

ofcourse the situation in Iraq is unacceptable, that is what i've been saying all the time. but bombing civilans sure wont help them in any way!

The Communist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 00:20
Rich:
You don't overthrow someone that powerful

oh no? what about the fall of the Soviet empire? was it because the US bombed it? nope. it was because the people revolted and the situation became unhandable for the totalitarian regime. and Chile under Pinochett? and Argentina? Southafrica? Nicaragua?

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 00:21
Personally I don't see any point in saving the Iraqi people. There's plenty of oppressed people out there we could go save but i'd rather focus on our problems at home.

Ultimately this war is being executed for the reasons I outlined before. It's nothing to do with a pre-emptive strike. Nothing to do with weapons of mass destruction. Nothing to do with saving an oppressed people.

Blair said before he even went to the UN, "There will be a war regardless". The weapons of mass destruction idea was what he and Bush went to the UN with - but troops where already gathering before this concept was even raised!

This war was brought about to achieve the goals of the United States in putting a rift through the UN and the EU in order to prevent a European super-state and in order to secure the oil reserves necessary to apply diplomatic or military pressure on Saudi Arabia to cancel their allegiance with Al-Qeeda.

I don't give a damn about Mr. Iraqi Civilian 01. And neither does Bush.

The Communist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 00:22 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2003 00:51
to put it simply, the people of Iraq, needs our support, not bombs.

The Communist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 00:30
We have seen on TV the reactions of the Iraqi people and it is a positive one

i don't know about the news reporting in the UK, but the iraqies in out televisions sure doesn't look too happy...

The Communist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 00:43
Andy:
I disagree, it's just because You havent been force-fed propaganda about the majority of the other arab states... Secret police, state sanctioned rape and torture, random killings, no personal freedoms etc. characterize that region as well as many others...

yes, it characterizes many of the other countries too (mostly because of US:s intensive work of supporting and arming totalitarian regimes), but still Saddam Hussein is one of the biggest assholes.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 00:50
Communist... there is a difference between the Russian populas of almost 14million revoting against a single government, and a country of less than 3million people which Saddam could (and more importantly WOULD) kill without recourse or much trouble.

And perhaps he might end up with no one left, but do you see him careing about having people to support him other than loyal troops?
it'd turn into a terror group, which would act like cockroaches and disappear all over the place and just cause havok whereever ... and even more so he would then have no more reason NOT to use the weapons he has at his disposal.

but then again as i've noted, i don't think many of you are even bothering to look at the bigger picture here ... Iraq is not the stopping point, its the starting point. There is to be a complete World War about this - it can be almost guarenteed now

protesting won't do anything but anger the government, make sure you do something that they WILL notice!

The Communist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 01:07
Raven:
there is a difference between the Russian populas of almost 14million revoting against a single government, and a country of less than 3million people which Saddam could (and more importantly WOULD) kill without recourse or much trouble.

that "single government" also had a big secret police etcetera. but anyway, what about the other examples then? i can give you some more examples if you want to.

And perhaps he might end up with no one left, but do you see him careing about having people to support him other than loyal troops?

that thought is quite absurd. if he did gas the entire population, do you think that the world would just watch? he would be doomed if did so.

protesting won't do anything but anger the government, make sure you do something that they WILL notice!

today i participated in the second largest demonstration ever in Stockholm, with well more than 50,000 others. you don't think they NOTICE THAT? our goverment also had representers there. hopefully they will now stop the export of weapons to USA and GB.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 01:37
lmao... oh yeah that'll stop them - instead of using H&K weaponry European made, they'll flip over to the US factories ... yeah huge win for the good guys eh!
Protesting in a country to notice who already is AGAINST the war... well way to waste ya time mate

The Communist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 02:09
oh Raven, you need to think in a bigger perspective. US can't make all its weapons by itself. many crucial parts have to be imported. not to mention the planes that we make, and the US uses. imagine even more countries starting these kind of sanctions.

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 03:15
Martyn Pittuck, you give up far too easily. Well since no matter how many people we kill, there will always be terrorists, and evil dictators, so why bother fight them?

PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
Man this is confusion :-s

I think it was US goverment who screwed World Trade Center.* 3 Army guys break in, and grab me by my arms*

My theory is that Osama Bin Laden was dead a long time ago,

US goverment is just playing this big game,

and 1 thing I hate is that Bush doesn't care about his people,

He treats them as Chess Pieces!

This is my theory, don't take it as a statement.

Cheers.

Current project for RGT:

ALL MY STUFF ARE GONE!! ALL OF IT!!!
n3t3r453r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 08:40
@heartbone:
We can add Stallin, Saddam and Ceasar to this picture and we'll have ... beautiful family portrait

The Communist:
It is impossible to stop war now. Protesting the war now is only wasting of your own time.

I am a cat. I have a hat.
I don't like mouse. I live in the house.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 08:45
Death is unavodable, are you gonna stop resisting it too?

large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 10:10
"My theory is that Osama Bin Laden was dead a long time ago,"
although you said not to take this as a statement, how can you think that? If Osama truely was dead, Bush would be rubbing it in everyones face. Remember when Bush said were goin to smoke them out like rabbits and catch them on the run. Well we smoked them out alright, just haven't caught them. Suprisingly enough, Osama has been in large removed from the publics eye. You never hear him mentioned in the media any longer (at least not in the US). And now we've got the damn CIA saying that Saddam is obviously dead (or at least, seriously wounded) because he wore a pair of glasses on TV.

Here's the CIA's story. Saddam must be dead and the man wearing the glasses was in fact a double. If it weren't, why did he wear glasses that make him look 'old' and speak so sporatically. Next day, the CIA said they were able to confirm that it was in fact Saddam's voice that had been pre-recorded and it was a double there. If it was, why would the 'double' speak sporatically and need glasses to mouth a pre-recorded speech???

The CIA is pulling some real bull plop on us once again. Like in the Gulf War with our "Liberty Missiles" (or whatever they're calling them now) that were at 100% efficiency at intercepting enemy scuds. BULL PLOP I tell ya, BULL PLOP!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 08:56:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 08:56:11