Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / CodeSurge -- DarkBASIC Professional IDE

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 23:04
Post 501

I think TGC should pay you!
You've been working all this time, making a great IDE, and they still leave the ancient one in the pack with DBPro!!!

Basically, keep up the good work.

Mudbug
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 22:41 Edited at: 21st Nov 2006 22:42
I don't think has been mentioned yet. If it has, I apologize in advance...

Could you modify the IDE to use relative code paths? I work on different computers with my main DBPro project files in different places. I would like to reference other files like "..UtilityObjectFuncs" instead of "Crogram Files(etc)UtilityObjectFuncs".

I can do this now, but I have to edit the *.dbpro file manually.

BTW: I love this IDE. Great Work!

-MudBug
Frekster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 02:01
To hyrichter:

just another quick note to say thanks for doing this for the community. Really appreciated man! I am not a delphi programmer - am a .net one but I would love to help in a little way. I would like to make an installation package for the next release that would install optional desktop icons and start/program icons etc. I.E code_surge_setup.exe

I could even create an icon link in the start/programs/code surge folder "code surge on the web" that would direct a person to the forum / message/thread for the editor.

Possibly an icon to the documentation in the start/programs directory as well if you are planning on any documentation for the ide.

I would be willing to create a little application to check if a person is running the latest version or you could put it in the ide under the help menu. I.E "Check for latest version" then it just hits a text file on a server, reads in the version number and compares it to the local version. If not a match, then they could be prompted to come to the message board here to get it or you could host the setup file as a download on a server and the download auto start.

Any new version released, I would update the setup file to reflect the most recent version and provide it to the community.

Certainly this is not required to run the ide, however, for some it might be nice to have a professional setup for the product since it deserves it.

Regardless though, I am really saying I'm offering to help if there is any room with doing a professional setup and possibly version checking over the internet.

I do this sort of stuff at my day job so is a snap for me to do.

Just let me know if you would like me to help on the setup/versioning across the net.

thanks.

Regards,
Frekster
I'm blind but... who really needs to see to program? Isn't it all just text anyhow?
thedubdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 08:11
Hyrichter...I've been using CodeSurge now for about a month and I really like it. It is better than the IDE included with DBPro. I've tried many IDEs looking to replace the original and yours is the first I've stayed with. I agree that TGC should replace the original IDE with yours and give you a cut.

Congratulations on a job well done.

Thank you for your hard work.
Frekster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 12:55
To hyrichter:

a feature request. Under the windows pull down menu on the menu bar, can you list the windows that are currently open with a checkmark by the current active one. I.E if you have main.inc, keyboard.inc, and player.inc opened, if you click on windows you would see...

cascade
1 player.inc (checked since is current file with focus)
2 input.inc
3 main.inc

when you click or press enter on one of the listed windows it moves focus to that window. I.E much like in microsoft word, for example.

Regards,
Frekster
I'm blind but... who really needs to see to program? Isn't it all just text anyhow?
HZiM0rT4L
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 21:54 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2006 22:04
hey hyrichter:

one small request that shouldnt take much effort - in the original IDE at the bottom there is a bar which tells you the correct syntax.

Could you add this to CodeSurge? I have no knowledge of whatever it is you are writing CodeSurge with but surely all you need to do is read all the .ini files from [dbprodir]EditorKeywords then use whatever function you have to see what command the cursor is over for your F1 dbpro language help. Then it prints the necessary info in a small bar at the bottom, or somewhere else if you want.

otherwise, i love your IDE and TGC really should look into using it and/or putting you on the payroll.

Edit: oops just noticed the little yellow tooltip thing that appears after you type a command. idea: make this appear when you click on a command rather than only after you finish typing it or add an info bar as i suggested earlier.

DB PRO RULES!
Frekster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 04:57
Hyrichter:

I have an error to report and if this one has been reported before sorry please disregard.

1. open up code surge.

2. press alt+f for file then down arrow to open project and press enter

3. browse to my project file and open it up.

4. press control+f5 to compile it and get this error.

Compiler Error
---------------------------
Unable to compile temporary project. Please save your project first.
OK

5. I press ctrl+shift+s to save the project in attempts to compile again

6. I then try ctrl+f5 again and then get:

CodeSurge DarkBASIC Professional IDE
Invalid filename.
OK

now this is the strange issue. At this point, if I open the project file a second time following steps 1 through 3 above I then can compile the project with no problems and carry on.

Regards,
Frekster
Frekster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 04:59
Hyrichter - sorry forgot to mention - I am using the build from October 23, 2006 so if there is a newer one we should be using please let me know.

Regards,
Frekster
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 05:55
Hi Frekster,

First off, thanks for your offer for help. Right now, I'm fine with doing it all myself, and creating an installer is no problem at all for me.

Now, for your requests....
First, the open files showing up in the Window menu:
The only reason this isn't there (and it won't make any difference to you at all) is that there is some sort of bug with the menu component that I'm using where it doesn't apply the same color theme where the open windows are listed as it does for the rest of the menu system. I'm sure I can figure a workaround though. So, it's something that you would never notice, but to a sighted programmer it looks really, really tacky.

As for the bug you posted there, that is really odd. I tried opening a project like you said, using the keyboard shortcuts, and I can't duplicate that error. The latest version is 0.9 build 2. I think you're one version behind the latest version.
This is the latest version. I don't know if there was something wrong with the version you have, or it's computer related, or somehow your original dbpro project file was corrupted and somehow CodeSurge managed to fix it, but that is an odd error that I've never heard of before.

Quote: "
Could you modify the IDE to use relative code paths? I work on different computers with my main DBPro project files in different places."

I'm not sure I quite understand you here. Are you talking about adding media, etc. with relative code paths, or the actual include files themselves, or what? CodeSurge uses relative paths as much as possible, but if for some reason, it can't figure something out, it will use an absolute path. I'm guessing you're wanting to access files that are at a level above the current directory of your project files? If that's the case, then yes, the best thing to do is to just manually edit the .dbpro file. However, I have to warn you that CodeSurge just might overwrite any changes you make to the .dbpro file like this. I can't be certain of it as I have kinda forgotten exactly how it works in that respect and can't be bothered to look at that part of the code right now.

Quote: "idea: make this appear when you click on a command rather than only after you finish typing it or add an info bar as i suggested earlier."

Well, I've thought about that, but it would have to be an option that can be turned off, as you'd have yellow boxes popping up every time you click something, and this can be rather annoying. What works better, is to use the ctrl + shift + space shortcut. This will make the syntax tooltip reappear for whatever command you're currently on. If you use Visual Studio or Delphi or about any other professional IDE, this is the standard functionality. BTW, I'm writing this in Delphi 2006 as I've mentioned enough times already in previous posts.

Good performance is better than a good excuse.
CodeSurge -- DBP Editor for serious programmers.
Frekster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 06:02
To hyrichter:

fyi - I grabbed the latest version and the error I reported with opening the project and initially trying to compile no longer exists.

Regards,
Frekster
Frekster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 06:09
hyrichter - about the windows pull down - the main issue I am running into, is the inability to control+tab off the project explorer, code explorer, and project manager back to the source files. I.E I cannot control+tab off of it and cycle through back to the code editor/open file/files.

I have to use the screen reader to fudge around to try to find the code editor to click it to return focus to it off the trees.

So I figured from the explorer/trees I could use alt+w to find the window and press enter on it to return focus to it.

Leaving the listed windows out of the windows menu bar due to the color issue is perfectly understandable. Alternatively, could you put some quick keystroke in place that if focus is on the trees for the three explorers - project manager, project explorer, and code explorer, and ctrl+tab is pressed that you move focus to the code editor and then be able to control+tab through code windows as normal?

Regards,
Frekster
Frekster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2006 12:39
To hyrichter:

I was wondering if you could put in a simple accomidation. When you are in the project explorer and on a file, for example player.inc, can you program the enter key to open the file and place focus on it instead of having to use the mouse to double click it to open it/place focus on it.

This enter key accomidation would be appreciated on the code explorer items as well. I.E if on the code explorer, and on a label such as Initialize_Player, and you press enter on that item, you are moved to that item in the code/file just as if you double clicked it with the mouse.

thanks for your consideration, I know you have a lot of feature requests coming in!

Regards,
Frekster
Frekster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2006 12:50 Edited at: 25th Nov 2006 04:27
hyrichter,

another nice accomidation would be - if you have a file already open, such as items.inc, and you go to the project explorer and press enter/click that file again that is already open, can you move focus to that open file?

What I am running into is I am in the project explorer and cannot get back to the open file in an easy fassion. When I say get back to, I am meaning put focus on that file so my screen reader can read it to me. If I have items.inc open, and I click it in the project explorer, the program sees items.inc as already open and will not bring focus to it. Where as if it is not open, code surge opens the file, puts focus on that file, my screen reader can read it, and it (I think) closes the project explorer tree.

If a file is already open, and if you click it/press enter on it in project explorer, it would be great if focus can move to that file just as though I opened it again. I.E just move focus to that child window without actually reopening the file.

This would be another way of leaving the window menu item / list out of the product due to the color issue. That is, I could use the project explorer as though it was the window feature. I.E pull up the project explorer, down arrow to the window / file I want to shift focus to, such as items.inc that is already open, press enter on it, then focus is put on that code window and the project explorer window loses focus/is closed or whatever happens to it currently. Again, it would be as though you are opening the file again without actually opening it - just moving focus to it.

Speaking of focus - I have a minor issue to report. If you have a file open and are programming in it, then alt+tab on the keyboard to another open window such as internet explorer, then alt+tab to code surge, focus is placed on the project explorer rather than the code/file you were previously in. If you shift focus from code surge to another ap, then come back to code surge, can you make that it keeps focus on the window that had focus prior to the alt+tab action?

For example, if you were in the delphi 2006 ide, programming in a file, then alt+tab to outlook, then alt+tab back the focus would now be on the project explorer rather than your delphi source file you were in prior to the alt+tab action. I am not sure if this looks any different to you or not when testing this alt+tab lose focus issue in code surge? but to the screen reader it tracks focus of whatever object has focus and this is what happens when I alt+tab out of code surge then back to it - the focus always moves to the project explorer instead of staying on the code window I was in.

Regards,
Frekster
Frekster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2006 16:07
To hyrichter:

just want to mention this again since it does not seem to be fixed in this most recent version. The source files (include files) are alphabetized by default in the project explorer and the order of them are key when compiling a project. I.E we need to be able to place them in the order they need to be in for a successful compile and they should not be alphabetized.

In the default dark basic pro IDE, you can right-click an include file and say move up or move down since the order is key to a successful compile.

I found a work around for this and that is to open up the project file and you will see:

include1=bla
include2=bla
include3=bla

so for now, you can move them around as necessary/renumber them to get your project to compile.

if this can be done already in this version of code surge, I am sorry/disregard but I could not find out how to move them around within the project explorer.

Regards,
Frekster
Big Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2006 18:47
wtf please just use the edit button you dont need 5 posts in a row.

Btw hyrichter i really like teh look of this project man well done.

BM

Our aim is to keep the loo's clean, your aim can help.

3.0ghz pentium dual core processor, 2gb ds ram, 250gb HD
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'm blind but... who really needs to see to program?"

This man cant see, so don't blame him for incorrect usage of this forum.

AMD Sempron 3.1+ Ghz, 512MB Ram, ATI R9550 256MB Ram, Sound Blaster Live!, WinXP SP2, DirectX 9.0c, DBP 6.2
http://www.myspace.com/producerolby
Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2006 17:00 Edited at: 25th Nov 2006 17:57
Bug Report :

If you try to use the mod command with a variable in front of it...

...the mod will not be highlighted. I've updated my keywords folder to include mod and it does highlight if there isn't a variable in front of it. However, it still works even if it isn't highlighted.

UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Frekster - Good grief! Give hyrichter a break!

I got this bug too:
Quote: "

1. open up code surge.

2. press alt+f for file then down arrow to open project and press enter

3. browse to my project file and open it up.

4. press control+f5 to compile it and get this error.

Compiler Error
Unable to compile temporary project. Please save your project first.
OK

5. I press ctrl+shift+s to save the project in attempts to compile again

6. I then try ctrl+f5 again and then get:

CodeSurge DarkBASIC Professional IDE
Invalid filename.
OK
"

I can't make it happen on purpose, whenever I want it to happen, it doesn't

Frekster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2006 18:22
to UFO,

I updated to the latest version of the editor and it seemed to fix that bug.

see d/l link to latest version of the editor a few posts prior from hyrichter...

Regards,
Frekster
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2006 22:07
Really useful thing that you could put in:

After putting a dot after a variable/array defined as a UDT, make a box appear with the options for that UDT.

eg.
Typing this:
Player.

would bring up a selection box with X, Y, Health, Ammo, etc.
You could then insert it by using enter, or clicking on it.

Also, if you do not click one of them, and type another A at the end:
Player.A
It would show only options beginning with A

It would be REALLY useful, as I often need to remind myself what the name of a particular field is.

Also, could you give us some info on what you have done/are working on at the moment?

UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
oh. Whoops. Didn't notice it . Thanks Frekster.

HZiM0rT4L
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2006 19:09
a nice addon for CS would be a warning if you are about to open something else that you haven't saved (i lose a lot of work that way ). Surely you could just duplicate the code you have for exiting without saving?

also an addon for the project manager:
(this is going to sound really strange because i dont really know how to describe it)
changing the string in a DBpro project that by default produces (Project Name) Ltd on the WinXP tile view.

EXAMPLE: Program.exe
The Almighty Program
This bit--> A-Company Co.

but with codesurge's current proj man, the closest you can get is...

Program.exe
The Almighty Program
The Almighty Program Ltd.

you could actually change this in DBpro's built in IDE with the Version Information tool.

DB PRO RULES!
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2006 00:00 Edited at: 28th Nov 2006 00:01
I have no clue what this error is i was just running it and i saved and exited and came back about 10 minutes later and this error came up i restarted the computer and it still gives me the same thing. I have re-downloaded CodeSurge and still get the same error. Is it my computer or a error in CodeSurge?

The error is.
Access violation at address 00555C5C in module 'CodeSurge.exe',Readof address FFFFFFFF

Load Programmer "Crazy Programmer",1

Attachments

Login to view attachments
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2006 02:36 Edited at: 28th Nov 2006 02:38
That's a strange error you've got there, Crazy Programmer. I don't know what's causing it, but I'd take a guess that somehow your cssettings.ini file became corrupted. Try deleting it and see if that works. If it doesn't, I don't know what's going on.

@HZiM0rT4L:
Good idea on prompting to save when opening a new project. I'll try to remember it. Also, you're right about the version information for the exe. I really should've had that in there long ago. Thanks for reminding me. You can set it manually in the .dbpro file for now.

I haven't really done much at all on this project since the last update. I've been too busy with work and my new hobby of CNC routers. But, I'll continue to work on this as long as I'm able to.

Edit:
@Diggsey,
I hear ya there with the intellisense idea. You weren't the first one to think of it. It's been in my mind since I first started the project; I just need to find a way to implement it.

Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 21:29
I found a bug. CodeSurge doesn't highlight "as" in one letter variable declarations.

Paste this into CodeSurge. The "as" in this line remains the default foreground color.

Wartorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 22:50
It never highlights "as" does it? one letter variable or not.. doesent with me, atleast..
thedubdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 07:22
Hyrichter,

I think its great that your IDE highlights the line where an error occurs, unfortunately, more often than not the wrong line is highligted. My program is long and has multiple includes, for whatever reason there appears to be about a 20 to 30 line offset between the flagged line and the line where the error occurs. I suspect this is related to the fact that when compiling, more lines are linked than there are lines in the program. I noticed this same issue with the original DBPro IDE and sadly this issue remains with CodeSurge. This offset makes debugging much more difficult as sometimes I need to guess at the offending line. Do you know why this offset occurs? Is there any way you can fix it? Thanks.
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 08:56
I understand your frustration with the line highlighting. It's a bug with the DBPro compiler itself, not with CodeSurge. I spent hours upon hours trying to find out what was wrong with CodeSurge a few months ago and why the lines were getting off. It all comes down to comments inside of select/endselect blocks. Each line of comments throws the compiler off by two lines. I believe this is also the reason why sometimes you'll see the compiler progress window say something like "compiling line 8700 of 8685." However, keep in mind that if your comments are inside of a case/endcase block, they'll be fine. It's just where it's inside of a select block, but outside of a case block that it'll throw the compiler off.

Here is the bug report that deals with this issue. We can only hope that someday it'll be fixed.

Now, I admit it is possible for me to get CodeSurge to detect where you have comments inside of a select block and adjust accordingly, but that's not really something I'd look forward to doing, and then when TGC gets DBP fixed, then CodeSurge will be reporting incorrect error numbers.

Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2006 02:14
I find that the compiler reports the wrong line number even if I have no comments in select blocks and outside case blocks; this could indeed be a more compilcated problem.

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2006 02:36
I don't have any case statements in my code, and I get correct reporting every time.

Come see the WIP!
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2006 04:02
The latest version is looking great. Me likey.

I don't know why but I'm really into syntax highlighting. I like perty code. Anyways, not that it will affect anything but I'd like to repeat my wishlist.

Tiresius's Wishlist For CodeSurge Functionality
A "Load All Files" button in toolbar, or option in preferences to do it upon startup
Syntax highlighting for the following items:
..... for...next, if...then, repeat...until, etc etc.
..... User functions
Character to be definable for line continuation (usually a _)
Dockable help window, which can update itself based on what command the cursor is on when F1 is pressed.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
Frekster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2006 12:00
All:

is there a standard page I can always find the latest version of code surge on to d/l? or... do I need to trail through the posts here to find the next d/l to the latest version when the info is posted to the thread here?

thanks.

Regards,
Frekster
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2006 13:19
Frekster, my very first post in this thread is always edited to show the latest version of CodeSurge. There haven't been any newer versions released beyond what you already have.

@Code Dragon,
That may be the case that there is more to improper error reporting than just comments in select statements. It's just with my testing, that's what showed up as being the cause of improper error reporting, and I couldn't find anything else that would do the same.

@tiresius,
Thanks for your comments and wishlist. Good suggestions, but I'm really pinched for time right now. Sadly, CodeSurge has to go back into hibernation for a while.

Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2006 17:17 Edited at: 4th Dec 2006 17:18
Quote: "Syntax highlighting for the following items:
..... for...next, if...then, repeat...until, etc etc."

You can do this yourself, it doesn't really have anything to do with the IDE. Just edit the Keywords.ini file in 'The Game CreatorsDark Basic ProfessionalEditorKeywords'. To add highlighting fx 'then', just type :

'then'

On an empty line, and save.

Quote: "CodeSurge has to go back into hibernation for a while."

Oh noes! Do you know when you are going to continue the project again?

Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2006 17:18 Edited at: 4th Dec 2006 17:18
Double post. Sorry.

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2006 17:38
Freddy,
I think he means to highlight the If/then, repeat/until, etc. keywords in a different color than the commands, at least that's how I understood it.

Quote: "Oh noes! Do you know when you are going to continue the project again?"

I probably won't have much time to work on it until after Christmas. I have a couple jobs that need to be done before then, so personal projects like this kinda have to wait.

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 20:31 Edited at: 5th Dec 2006 20:32
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

OK, just as long as you NEVER let this die![u]

Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 22:50 Edited at: 5th Dec 2006 22:51
Do you mean CodeSurge or the thread?

Anyone who knows the answer...
How long do threads take to get auto-locked? My very first thread has been going for months and it's still not locked. This thread isn't going to die over Christmas.

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2006 22:54
I didn't mean that it would get locked, I meant that I did not want him to stop updating this.

jharbour
Years of Service
User Offline
Very nice work on the CodeSurge IDE! It's very kind of you to put to much time into it for free.

This brings up a distressing question: Why hasn't TGC done anything about all the bugs in DarkBasic that have been known since 2003? The IDE is a POS, and we all know that, but how long does it take to create a new IDE?

Not only the editor, but the ridiculous comment bugs in the DBPro compiler. These are so frustrating, and let's see, the floating-point bugs in the compiler as well...

All I ever hear about in the newsletter is yet another programming contest and yet another 3D model package, but never a fix for these small(ish) bugs in the compiler itself that cause a lot of headaches and lead people to switch to Blitz Max.

I teach a course in basic game programming, using DarkBasic Pro, and it's extremely frustrating when students get compiler errors due to this comment bug...and I don't want to admit to them it's a buggy compiler, because that will dash their confidence and lead them to blame the compiler for every coding mistake they make.

IMO, TGC is losing a lot of customers to Blitz because 1) they are not addressing these core bugs in the compiler itself, and 2) they have been pretending the IDE is not a problem. Three years is a long time to sit on a problem and pretend it doesn't exist.

Jonathan Harbour
www.jharbour.com
jharbour
Years of Service
User Offline
Just out of curiosity.... when are my posts going to be acknowledged? I've been posting on this forum for 4 years. I don't know why I've been moved to beginner status. Is it because someone is censoring my posts about DBPro bugs? These problems should be fixed, not ignored. My requests for bug fixes shouldn't be censored, they should be acknowledged and put into the developer to-do list.

So whoever it is that keeps denying my posts...you shouldn't do that.

Jonathan Harbour
www.jharbour.com
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2006 18:30 Edited at: 8th Dec 2006 10:37
mainly @[edit]Crazy Programmer :

I got that error several times (For those who don't know what I'm talking about:
Quote: "Access violation at address 00555C5C in module 'CodeSurge.exe',Readof address FFFFFFFF"

Well, I THINK this is the problem:
When you create a new project, I do something that's not yet clear. But anyway, the result is that there's a file in the list of source files that doesn't exist.
When you restart codesurge and reopen your project, you should see the file that doesn't exist (on my pc it's usually something like "untitled.dba")

I don't know if it's exactly the same error, but I'm pretty sure it's with an "access violation" thing.

It's the programmer's life:
Have a problem, solve the problem, and have a new problem to solve.
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2006 18:39 Edited at: 6th Dec 2006 18:40
Quote: "mainly @The Nerd:

I got that error several times (For those who don't know what I'm talking about:"

Hehe, I don't think I've wrote anything about access violation problems. I think you've taken Crazy Programmer as me We have the same avatar.

Although I could be wrong, and just forgot what I've posted earlier on... : /

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2006 18:50 Edited at: 6th Dec 2006 18:51
@jharbour - IDE problems still exist because the author of it left DBPro scene before he even managed to give the source code to TGC. This means that they cant update it if they dont have the original source code for the editor. Someone said that there was a fire at his house or something similar and he never returned to these forums. Thats the reason for it. You ask why they dont try to make their own ide? They will - I heard that in 2007 they will be making a new ide for DBPro products line.

AMD Sempron 3.1+ Ghz, 512MB Ram, ATI R9550 256MB Ram, Sound Blaster Live!, WinXP SP2, DirectX 9.0c, DBP 6.2
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2006 21:32
Guys, I'm not letting the thread or IDE die. I just can't do much in the way of updates right now until after Christmas.

@jharbour,
Thanks for your good comments. I've been working on this IDE off and on Since January of this year.
Oh, and you're probably on newbie status because haven't been very active. I doubt it has anything to do with censoring your posts.

Quote: "They will - I heard that in 2007 they will be making a new ide for DBPro products line.
"

I remember reading something about that, too. I wonder who they're going to get to do it this time?

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
@hyrichter - You ?

Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2006 10:35 Edited at: 8th Dec 2006 10:36
Quote: "Hehe, I don't think I've wrote anything about access violation problems. I think you've taken Crazy Programmer as me We have the same avatar.

Although I could be wrong, and just forgot what I've posted earlier on... : /
"

Sorry, I've gotten used to your avatar...

It's the programmer's life:
Have a problem, solve the problem, and have a new problem to solve.
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2006 17:39 Edited at: 8th Dec 2006 17:41
Quote: "Sorry, I've gotten used to your avatar..."

Hehe, no problem To be honest I can get a bit confused sometimes too

Quote: "Guys, I'm not letting the thread or IDE die. I just can't do much in the way of updates right now until after Christmas."

No problem Hyrichter. You can't have time for your hobby all the time You've already done a lot of great stuff. You deserve some time off. Hehe.

NewGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2006 15:22
I just started using CodeSurge, and its very nice! It is organized much better and its easier to edit. I like how it only show the functions for the current file, I was starting to get sick enough of the default IDE to try and make my own (not that I would be able to :p)

-I've had 2 problems though (not huge problems, but annoying ones). First I was coding and had just finished making a new function, I tried to compile and run and nothing had changed. When I looked back at my code I had forgotten an 'EndSelect' which should have made some kind of error.

-The other problem some times happens, if I change the tab width preference and close CodeSurge, sometimes its saved and others its not.

Its very nice, and my new permanent IDE! (one small request if you could have it highlight custom constants)

And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
wildbill
Years of Service
User Offline
I love the IDE and have very few problems. My current project was a pain to manage with the original IDE. I'm up to about ten different code modules and having to click back and forth was annoying. Just being able to click on the project explorer makes life easier.

I have noticed something strange though. I was running my project in "Windows Full Screen", I decided to go to "Full Screen" mode using the Project Manager and my FPS dropped from approximately 380fps to 50fps.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 08:06:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 08:06:52