Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Apple Juice Mod Thread - Ironsights, Wizmod intergration, new script commands, and more...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 09:14
Quote: "Hockeykid "took" the "legs" idea from Project blue, and does he get blamed? No!"

That's because the Project Blue developer helped him with it.

Look, I know it's just a flashlight... it's inconvenient that your flashlight commands happened to come out very shortly after hockeykid announced his flashlight commands, and that it looks as though you stole it. All I'm saying is that the little "let's take plysmod commands" deal isn't exactly helping your situation.

I know it's in your full right to develop whatever commands you want, whether they were first in another Mod or not... but maybe it's just me that decided NOT to implement commands that were "special" to another Mod. If I had the mindset to add whatever I felt was good, regardless of the spite people would feel towards me for taking their special features, you can probably bet that PB would have a much wider array of things to play around with.

With that said... you seem to be taking all of this as if it were a shot below the belt when it's not. Yeah, you're releasing a Mod for free and that's great, but your business tactics haven't exactly been giving you a good mark in my eyes.

The one and only,

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 09:15
Come on Apple, don't let a few idiots get to you.

You are making so many people happy by giving out this mod to the community.

Stay strong and don't let them win .

WizMod Developer.
Shaka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 09:31
Apple Slicer, I have sent you an email.
When ever you get the chance, send me a message back okay!

-Shaka

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Well. Can i say one thing. I believe that FPSC freaking stoled all ideas from the DOOM I engine. With some extras to it.

LOL About stealing it is just bull... i mean you got legs crysis does too, pratciles crysis does too. Doom3 has flshlight. WTH i mean that is stolen mate.

Lol

Get my point?

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 12:29
Apple keep up the great work, This has been a great mod, And i have been using it and loving it very much. Just ask a mod to clean up the random "garbage". Dont give up on it if i had a dollar for everytime someone ripped on my work i would be ritch i just work threw it. Please keep going

===================
No life, Lots of love, 2 Kids, God save me LOL
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 12:30
don't apple slicer! i've always respected your mod even when other people were flaming it like hell!

DON'T LET A FEW SNIDEY COMMENTS GET TO YOU! THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE ON THESE FORUMS WHO RESPECT YOU AND YOUR WORK! JUST BECAUSE A FEW PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO PUT YOU DOWN!

If you're going to let a few snotty comments get to you then i really don't see how you can do well in the future! everything has to withstand some sort of abuse at some time, and if you can't go through it, then... well, it's your loss.

i like apple juice. (the mod and the drink)
official z-mod developer!
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Goodbye Apple Slicer

Edit 1: You will be back, i know it

Edit 2: You will come back, right?

Edit 3: Do you come back?

Edit 4: Please come back i miss you!

Now in the W.I.P. forum: operation sunlight
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149451&b=25
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 14:08
Quote: "It has become apparent to me that there is no one here that cares about a Free mod."

*Ahem*

I do!

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 14:11
doing this is being horrible to everyone who helped you with this mod, apple slicer, everyone who stayed up till the middle of the night to test your newest version... everyone who suggest new features... everyone who gave you support. is that worthless now?
do your followers (for lack of a better word) mean nothing to you?

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 14:17 Edited at: 18th Aug 2009 14:19
@Shadowfire: Dont quote him on that. I mean if he wants to stop he stops.

I think Appl Slicer has choosen the right path. He wants a higher goal. then just fpsc. I mean fpsc is a good start. DarkBasic Pro even a better one. But if you really want to get into bizniss you would go for something like C++ and a modeling and website experience. He is planning to go that way. Trust him on that. And let him go.

Does actually anyone know where Wizzkid went? No!
But who the ... cares. Nobody (and i think that is sad), because if someones says he goes. Some protests. And if you dont say it. Nobody comments. But o well...

This mod is almost bug free right? Then i think it is a wonderfull price for such a mod. Just keep it like that.

rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, almost bug free, and it is good. Maybe i'll edit the source code once to find a sollution for the jump bug, then i'll post it.

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 14:27
i guess you're right.

are you going to keep on with the mod scene commander?

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 15:04
Quote: "Does actually anyone know where Wizzkid went? No! "

100% WRONG!

WizMod Developer.
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 15:13
Quote: "Does actually anyone know where Wizzkid went? No!"

Im still here, i just got a new job which takes up so much time and am unable to get on the forums very often.

Anyway Apple i hope you dont leave, you have a great mod which so many people like and it would be a great shame and loss to the forum if you did go now...

Wizzkid

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 15:33
Yet again we witness Kyles leave...

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 17:09
Nooo! Apple slicer!
You were a really cool guy... And making this cool mod... And... Now you say you don't continue it...
Goodbye, Apple Slicer! Have a happy life, from now on!

^My game, Gore Club Mission^
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 19:44
i guess we look to you now, Scene Commander. lead us now that we have lost the great Apple Slicer.

Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 19:50
sad to hear you are leaving Apple Slicer , but good luck in your future conquests in C++.

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 19:53
Scene if you plan to continue this I'll gladly help with development and testing. We could rename it, create a new post, have all our planned features listed and show how far we have come with each. We can try and think of unique features that we think will benefit FPSC users.

A good fresh start is all we need. Not putting any pressure on you tho the decision is yours. Altough it would be a shame to have all this great code go to waste.

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 19:53
Apple Slicer, Dont leave , I know people are flaming you but you should continue, I believe that you havnt taken any part of any idea from any body elses mod and I will support you in this flaming war thats happning on this thread.

All the best

-Bigsnake

Join the forums and download fpsc games here:
http://fpsc-games.webs.com/
Windows Vista,ATI Readon HD 4870,AMD Athlon 7750 64 Dual Core,4GB ram,SoundBlaster Audigy,EFX Free Edition
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 19:55
Leave Kyle be, he thought about leaving before it was only a matter of time before he actually did. I believe it is best for him to pursue his dreams at game dev. Moving to C++ is the best move for him to make. Im sure he knows what hes getting himself into and what hes leaving behind.

..begging him to come back will only add more pressure to his decision making.

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 19:56
oh, ok then

Windows Vista,ATI Readon HD 4870,AMD Athlon 7750 64 Dual Core,4GB ram,SoundBlaster Audigy,EFX Free Edition
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 21:01 Edited at: 18th Aug 2009 22:02
Again with the leaving? Damn man, was looking forward to using this mod, in fact i gotta cancel Desolace if this mod is done with!

You said you just about had V1 ready? could you at least release that to us before you go? i'm sure that had everyone excited and then Bam! Mod's dead again?

At least you know i supported you the whole way I wish you luck in future endeavors, i don't know if you're leaving the forums now, but if you are, we'll miss you

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All,

As Kyle has said, he has indeed decided to leave the community and pursue other things.

He's passed the rights for Apple Juice Mod and all of the Wizmod source onto me.

I will be continuing the mod, possibly under another name. But this work won't be starting for awhile as there are some things I want to sort out first.

I for one am sorry to see Kyle go.
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 21:19
Im sure all who supported him and the mod will miss him as I.

Yeah do what you got to do Scene. You dont want to rush into another mod to have it locked from flames and cries of Apple juice mod seeping into it.

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 21:46
I will miss you Apple Slicer, you were a great person for making this mod. It's great to hear that scene commander will continue it.

Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 22:10
@Scene Commander, I know that you will be able to bring this back from the grave someday when the feeling is right. I am sad to say that I might not be around when you do bring it back from the grave. I plan on leaving the forums in a little over a week.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 23:30
What's the big deal? Yet another developer promised a nice product and then bailed when they couldn't deal with it. It happens all the time.

Apple doesn't need to stay here. Don't be selfish by trying to tell him to stay, either. He has his own life he needs to lead, and he more than likely doesn't need FPSC holding him down anymore. Good for him.

What I don't agree with in what he said is that nobody cared about this. All that tells me is that he doesn't appreciate the support he's been given and doesn't feel that his supporters are as important to him as himself.

The one and only,

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 23:42
Quote: "What I don't agree with in what he said is that nobody cared about this"

I hate to agree with some people but Apple Slicer is a little unmature(No Offence), there is a apology thread that many people might of been on and apple slicer did seem to start a flame war there.

Anyway, Bye apple slicer and have a nice life

Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW...First Apple Slicer and now you Gamer X why? it seems like we have lost a lot of great people in the past and now the present...i hope that we don't become a shell of a community....My Question is..What can I or we do as a community to help bring or keep you guys here? I can't believe this. every time i turn around some body is always leaving the forums..as i can see, there is less negative and more positive energy going around...I hope you guys come back and visit the TGC forums sometime in the near future. I wish nothing but the best for all the past and present forum members that have or is now thinking about leaving the forums. Please don't be a stranger.

Cheers,
Tanya.
Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 00:02 Edited at: 19th Aug 2009 00:08
Quote: "First Apple Slicer and now you Gamer X why?"

yes, except I have a entire set of different reasons for leaving, and none of which is the community's fault or what has happen here in the Apple Juice thread. I have been thinking about leaving for a while now (before apple juice mod and even before wizmod). When I get ready to make the announcement to leave I will post the reasons and clear up some unfinished business.

Quote: "What can I or we do as a community to help bring or keep you guys here?"

I don't see anything that should be changed, there are people like Cosmic Prophet that make wonder triple A+ models and EAI that make great weapons. Lets not forget you who has been extremely supportive of the entire community.

Quote: "Please don't be a stranger."

Try not to be after all I am transmitting from Planet X

EDIT - note: I said that I am leaving the forums, I said nothing about quit using FPS Creator

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 00:05
Quote: "it seems like we have lost a lot of great people in the past and now the present...i hope that we don't become a shell of a community"

The community will move on without the great people. It's not good to cling to someone who's been great and regret their departure. Newer members will come in and things will move forward, and new great figures of the community will be born in time.

It's not a genetic inheritence that makes people great. What makes them great is the desire and the drive to make the future better than the present.

You're still here, Tanya, and I'm sure with the good feelings you bring, the community will continue to thrive.

The one and only,

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 00:13
Quote: "The community will move on without the great people. It's not good to cling to someone who's been great and regret their departure. Newer members will come in and things will move forward, and new great figures of the community will be born in time.

It's not a genetic inheritence that makes people great. What makes them great is the desire and the drive to make the future better than the present.

You're still here, Tanya, and I'm sure with the good feelings you bring, the community will continue to thrive.

The one and only,
"

Agreed with the above, in the time I've been gone many new people joined which seem to be far more capable of this then I am, and many have grown to a more experienced level then me. Even when the greatest would leave the community moves on wether YOU like it or not. Expecting people to stay is just selfish.

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
well, you got my right? So don't worry!

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 00:32 Edited at: 19th Aug 2009 00:33
I'd suggest to let him come down a bit and think for a few days about all this without having such a discussion about him leaving or not in this thread. Even without continuing this mod, he should be able to come back without being blamed.

If he can think about it for a while then he might decide to come back, or maybe decide not to do that. We will see.

Anway, whether we are disappointed or not, it might be better just to watch now and see what happens in a few days ...

dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 01:46 Edited at: 19th Aug 2009 01:53
I wish you the very best luck in your endeavours Apple, its awesome to see you move up the ladder!! Its been great and thank you so very much for your hours of time and your awesome achievements, they will not be forgotten

dark peanut

Check out my Ultimate Competition Entry here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=153854&b=25 Ultimatum: The Final Deadline

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 01:50
Isnt this getting a little old now people ? repeating the same thing over and over again ?

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 02:16 Edited at: 19th Aug 2009 02:30
NVM Sorry

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 02:40 Edited at: 19th Aug 2009 02:41
[EDIT]
Post changed, this wasn't necessary anymore.

The one and only,

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 02:43
Some poeple do accuse people cause there jelous of mabe that they have the feature better then then they do, News from Black Profductions, he cant talk to Apple Slicer online, he just ignores it. Seems weird. Just let him get on with what he wants to do I suppose

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 04:20
Such a shame.

Just further proves the point I was making in the Model Pack 33 thread about the level of respect users show each other on this forum.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 23:18:07
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 23:18:07