Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Time Front returns! (LOTS of images)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2011 06:31
Because torture is fun.

Here's some more:

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2011 17:52
Ohh man! I like the new look of that map... The wide open space in the valley gives out a new tactic and it will probably be a main place of battle .

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2011 21:36
Yeah, probably.

Just so you all know, I've been really overloaded with homework. I plan on getting some stuff done tonight, though.
Madscientist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2011 02:44
Awesome work!!
How did you do those very detailed terrains with the plants and trees?
Is it a bunch of individual models packed into a DBO?

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2011 04:51
Thanks. I used my program, Vegetator Professional (http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=109568&b=5). Each plant is loaded separately, but it's an efficient system that allows it to run pretty smoothly.
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 02:40
Hey everyone, I have a proposal to make.

The game is at the point where it is so close to completion but really needs be tested by a lot of people. As other developers have done before, I'm considering releasing the game for as much as a 30% off price, still in beta, so that we can test the game with lots of people online. When the game is finished, the price would of course go back up to the normal level. This would be beneficial to both me (to get it tested) and you (to get it cheaper).

What do you think? Are you interested? I'm suggesting this also because I can't wait to see some sword fights with 20 people online!
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm. The 30% thing really depends, what sort of target price are you going for? Another thing is I would want there to be a reasonable amount of people who would also play, you are exposing the game in other places such as gamedev.net and various other websites correct? If not, I think it would be very beneficial to yourself and to your users as it would expand your user base... One thing you could also think about it sending off press releases to certain sites like ign, kotaku, gamespy and others in hopes that one of them does an article or something, your chances are good with a game like this. Just my 2c.

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 05:52
I'm definitely going to be getting the word out, though I'm not fully advertising until the game is 100% complete. Right now I just want other game developers who are aware of the various aspects of games (and therefore, are able to spot bugs) to be the main participants.

As for the price, it will probably be $29.95 at release, so 30% off means $19.99 (that's 33% actually).
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 05:53
Try advertising on MMO sites as well. Half the games I've seen on onrpg.com and other sites like it are crap looking compared to your game. I'd say get your prettiest shots, make a short a simple press release and send it to as many sites as possible. I think having a website will help out too.

Ah, and I'd be willing to pay a beta fee.

DarkByNight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 05:59
I'd certinately be willing to pay for a beta fee, except I just moved to North thailand and the net is very slow up here.
You game kicks some serious bum through!
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
The game dynamics and concept are truly unique too which is why I think you'd have a good shot at the whole pr and advertising thing.

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 08:45
Thanks guys. I'm very encouraged and inspired. I really appreciate the support and help. I think I'll do all you've suggested. Can't wait to see what happens.

Quote: "Ah, and I'd be willing to pay a beta fee."

What are you talking about! I should be paying you! Without your help I'd still be using the Dark Matter knight model!
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 15:34 Edited at: 13th Feb 2011 15:34
A credit in a commercial game is worth more then money.

Actually since I've recently bought a new workstation I've been wanting to play this game. Fee or not, I'd like to beta this asap.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 19:37
I missed you on MSN yesterday US

new maps looking really nice.

I am Southern, and I love Grits. Feel free to ask me what grits are if your a yankee
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2011 09:15 Edited at: 15th Feb 2011 09:16
Quote: "A credit in a commercial game is worth more then money.

Actually since I've recently bought a new workstation I've been wanting to play this game. Fee or not, I'd like to beta this asap."

Haha. Well, it'll be out very soon. Then maybe we can flip a coin to decide.

Quote: "I missed you on MSN yesterday US

new maps looking really nice."

Thanks man. Yeah, I know, sorry about that. I sent you some new messages that I need you to take a look at. We need to get online at the same time!

To all: I'm going to be releasing the game (hopefully) within the next couple of days, maybe even tomorrow. I'm tying things up to make sure I can easily transition from update to update once it's released. I'll keep you posted.
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2011 09:09
Once again I've come really close to releasing, but there are still a couple crucial bugs! It's getting there though.
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 04:05
I found the cause of a serious bug! Unfortunately, believe it or not, the new sun effect I added prevents 3D sound from working! I have NO idea why. It prevents music from looping too. So weird. I may have to do this initial release without it. It's such a weird bug and I have no clue why it does it.

I'll get back to you in a little bit.
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 09:45 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2011 04:19
The game is released at the discount price! See the program announcements thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=181815&b=5
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 04:21
Sorry for the many posts. Just thought I'd keep updating things in this thread in more detail, though the program announcements thread is for major news.

Working on the training mode, which will also be the demo for the game. You'll be able to time yourself on each weapon to take down targets as quickly as possible (swords included).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:47:17
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:47:17