Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / RPG Mod Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2011 11:03
i cant wait to use this with combined wasp1.19.

thank you, ched.
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 21:01
A bump to announce v5.45 of RPGmod. This includes v119 r515 as well as adding "hudfadedir=X" which acts as an action during HUD creation so that the direction of the HUD during fade-out can be customised:
X=0 - UP (default)
X=1 - Down
X=2 - Left
X=3 - Right
X=4 - No movement

Also added a scrolling compass similar to that seen in Halo/Borderlands/Fallout3, etc. An example HUD image and script is provided to show how this feature works.

As usual, link to the download is in the first post.

Enjoy!

elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Ched
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 12:25
Some nice visual enhancements Ched. Appreciate you taking RPGmod forward.

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 21:25
Thank you elbow!

And it's a pleasure Terry! I'm current working on adding some addition xbox controller features, but I won't spill the beans until they are all working.

The first part (which I've just tested) will be to add the script condition "xboxbuttonpressed=x y" which will allow you to test the state of all the xbox controller buttons within a script so that you can trigger other actions. When I've got more features added I'll post them here.

TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 22:08
Will RPG-Mod have a local 2 player feature???

Joey-May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
Favourite Game-Call Of Duty MW2
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 22:58
I was just testing the xbox controller and it no longer works with the changes I had made for the controller. It is because the WASP additions are in conflict with it. The changes I made many months ago were specifically for RPG type games. I have always personally had problems with using a joystick type controller to aim a gun. So I never liked to use a joystick with shooter type games. The controller and most joysticks are way too sensitive and I consistently over compensate.

You might want to look where I had modified the xbox so you can delete the code or at least rem them. I'll be looking forward for your new xbox commands.

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2011 01:20
@TDE - Sorry, but there are no plans to make a local 2 player feature. If enough people request it I'll look into it, but at the moment it isn't being considered. Thanks for the suggestion though, I do appreciate it. If you have any more let me know.

@Flatlander - yeah I spotted that to - I've cleaned that all up now and have just finished testing my 2nd xbox controller feature: customisable buttons. I've now made it so that you can define how the player's actions map to the xbox 360 controller buttons. Here's an example of what you would need to add into the setup.ini:

I've left the walk and view controls as-is, as these are pretty common across all FPS games. Although let me know if you think customising these would be useful? This customisable mapping will let you assign whatever button does whatever action you want.

I'll explain more when v5.46 is ready to be downloaded, but I've compiled and tested the feature successfully so I thought I'd share.

dbain21 Tuatara Software
Years of Service
User Offline
I am having problems implementing the inventory, quest, and experience features. I'm using RPG Mod 5.31 and FPSC 1.18.017. With regards to inventory, I want to allow the player to view or hide inventory list by pressing the 'i' key. For experience points, I want to display this information on the top of the screen, or allow the player to toggle on/off the experience points. Please advise.

This is part of my "initlevel1.fpi" script.

;Triggers

:state=0:rpg_showplayerexperience=50-50-1-1 Verdana-12-w

:state=0:state=2

;function keys

;I-Display Inventory
:state=2,scancodekeypressed=23:rpg_dispcaticons=1,rpg_selectcatinv,state=10

I was not sure if the "rpg_selectcatinv" is used here. I tried with and without, same results.

:rpg_setup_questtextstyle:rpg_questfontbold=1,rpg_questfontsize=14,rpg_questx=10,rpg_questfontname=verdana,rpg_questusetitle=1,rpg_questtitletext=Quest List List,rpg_questtitleusergb=1,rpg_questtitlefontcolor_blue=255,rpg_questtitlefontcolor_green=255,rpg_questtitlefontcolor_red=255,rpg_questfonttransparent=0,rpg_questfontcolor_blue=101,rpg_questfontcolor_green=88,rpg_questfontcolor_red=191,rpg_questusergb=1
;
:rpg_create_questmaxnumber:rpg_questmaxnumber=1
:rpg_start_questlist:none
:rpg_addquest:rpg_questidentifier=quest1,rpg_questname=find key,rpg_questdescription=Find and return the key,rpg_questtracktime=1,rpg_queststartlevel=1

:rpg_end_questlist:none
;

script - begin quest
;Triggers

:state=0:rpg_startquest=quest1

script - quest completed

;Triggers

:state=0:hudreset,hudx=50,hudy=90,hudimagefine=gamecore\text\pickedupanitem.tga,hudname=itemprompt,hudhide=1,hudmake=display,state=10
:state=10,plrdistwithin=40:state=1,playertake,coloff,plrsound=audiobank\misc\ping.wav,hudshow=itemprompt,hudfadeout=itemprompt
:state=1:rundecal=5
:state=1:rpg_questfinished=quest1
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2012 00:55 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2012 00:57
This is my keyboard code for my current game in the init script regarding inventory:

Don't use rpg_dispcaticons=1 as it will always display the category icons. I'm not sure what will happen when both are used together.

If you have problems it might be inventory isn't set up right. Send my your setup file if it isn't working for you.

If Ched doesn't answer the other issues I'll try to address them myself.

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2012 07:45
@dbain - I'll look into your problem today.

@Flatlander - Cheers for helping out!

dbain21 Tuatara Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Flatlander and Ched80, thanks, I appreciate the quick response.

@Flatlander - I removed the dispcaticons as you suggested, but that did not resolve my issue. I am posting my rpg_setup.fpi file here.

As an example, I have a dynamic entity 'bread' which I am able to pick up. However, when I press the 'i' key to display inventory, nothing happens.

dbain21 Tuatara Software
Years of Service
User Offline
@Flatlander - update from my previous post.

I downloaded the RPG Mod v5.22 and I was able to view my inventory now. (I was using 5.31 w/ FPSC 1.18 - after re-reading the thread, it looks like 5.22 is the last version that works w/ 1.18)

I can see the category icons now. If I click on the icon, I can view the inventory item. However, I cannot seem to get out of the inventory screen once I view the item info.

@Ched80 - the use of RPG Mod 5.22 with FPSC 1.18 failed to resolve my "show experience" issue.

When using RPG Mod 5.22, I can start a quest but I am unable to complete the quest. (please see code in my original post)

Also, it looks like all of my quests are listed at the start of the game. Any way to add them to the list only when the player learns of the quest? (I don't want them to be aware of certain quests until they get to that point in the game).

p.s. The UM example for "rpg_selectcatinv" appears to be incorrect. It shows "rpg_playeruse".
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2012 23:34
Hi dbain,

I can confirm your show player experience problem. I'm working on a solution, but if it does require a source code change, you will have to change to v119 of FPSC as this is what the latest version of RPGmod is build on.

I can't replicate your quest problem, however. It is not clear to me whether you are defining the quests within the rpg_setup_clues.fpi or not. All quests must be defined within this setup file and cannot be defined on the fly.

Also at the moment all quests applicable to the level are visible to the player and there is no 'discover quest' feature. I do, however, see the benefit of a system like this as finding quests in games like Fallout3 is great and make you want to explore the game map for further quests. So I'll add this to my ever growing list of features. I'll post in the thread when this feature is ready.

I'll also report back soon when I've solved the show player experience issue.

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2012 23:57
Just to annouce that v5.46 of RPGmod is now available via the link in the first post.

v5.46 incorporates r524 of v119 check out the v119 public beta thread and the googlecode page for details.

As mentioned above a new script command "xboxbuttonpressed=x y" has been added. This command is a condition enabling you to test which button on the Xbox 360 controller had been pressed (assuming one is being used). X is the Button Number (see below) and y is the status of the button.
x = 0 - Left Trigger
x = 1 - Right Trigger
x = 2 - Left Bumper
x = 3 - Right Bumper
x = 4 - Left Stick Click
x = 5 - Right Stick Click
x = 6 - D-Pad Up
x = 7 - D-Pad Right
x = 8 - D-Pad Down
x = 9 - D-Pad Left
x = 10 - A Button
x = 11 - B Button
x = 12 - X Button
x = 13 - Y Button
x = 14 - Back Button
x = 15 - Start Button

y = 0 - Not pressed
y = 1 - Pressed

A script in included in the download to show you how the command is used. Drop the script into a trigger zone, build a simple game (remember to add xbox=1 to the built game's setup.ini) and when you press buttons on the xbox controller a hud will display indicating which button was pressed. Remember the Xbox 360 controller will not work in a test game, only a built game.

The Xbox 360 controller button allocation/mapping to player/game action can also be customised within the built games' setup.ini via the following setup flags:

xboxaction=ButtonID - equivalent of player using "ENTER"
xboxcrouch=ButtonID - player crouches
xboxfire=ButtonID - fire current weapon
xboxjump=ButtonID - player jumps
xboxno=ButtonID - answers "no" to question
xboxpause=ButtonID - game pauses
xboxpeekl=ButtonID - player peeks left
xboxpeekr=ButtonID - player peeks right
xboxpickup=ButtonID - player picks up object
xboxreload=ButtonID - reload current weapon
xboxrun=ButtonID - player runs when held and moved
xboxweaponnext=ButtonID - selects next weapon in the inventory
xboxweaponprev=ButtonID - selects previous weapon in the inventory
xboxyes=ButtonID - answers "yes" to question
xboxzoom=ButtonID - zooms/unzooms current weapon

Where ButtonID can be any of the following names:
left_trigger - Left Trigger
right_trigger - Right Trigger
left_bumper - Left Bumper
right_bumper - Right Bumper
left_click - Left Stick Click
right_click - Right Stick Click
dpad_up - D-Pad Up
dpad_right - D-Pad Right
dpad_down - D-Pad Down
dpad_left - D-Pad Left
a - A Button
b - B Button
x - X Button
y - Y Button
back - Back Button
start - Start Button
none - No button

If any ButtonID values are mispelt then effectively no button is assigned to that action. All actions have default ButtonIDs hard coded into RPGmod, if any button assignments are missing from the setup.ini then the default button is used. The default buttons are:

xboxaction=y
xboxcrouch=left_click
xboxfire=right_trigger
xboxjump=a
xboxno=b
xboxpause=start
xboxpeekl=left_bumper
xboxpeekr=right_bumper
xboxpickup=dpad_down
xboxreload=x
xboxrun=left_trigger
xboxweaponnext=dpad_right
xboxweaponprev=dpad_left
xboxyes=a
xboxzoom=right_click

Due to the way Dark Basic handles the Xbox 360 controller trigger buttons, their status is cancelled out when both are pressed so with the default configuration running and shooting would cancel both actions out.

Actions can be combined to the same button (such as the default xboxjump=a & xboxyes=a), but this may cause unexpected results.

Enoy!

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2012 01:57
Quote: "I am posting my rpg_setup.fpi file here."

I'll take a look. As you would expect, inventory works for me. So, there is something not being done as it should be done.

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2012 03:09
Loving the Ched80/Flatlander tag team! Great work guys

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2012 15:59 Edited at: 4th Jan 2012 16:00
Quote: "Loving the Ched80/Flatlander tag team! Great work guys"

Thanks

At least this tag team event we can't get physically bloodied. Besides, I wear glasses so you can't hit me.

@dbain21 - This may not fix the problem right off but it is a start. I included the code with comments and a correction or two.

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2012 20:04
Cheers bruce and thanks Terry for spotting these errors.

@dbain - I can solve your problem with player experience, but the feature kills the frame rate. I will be fixing this in the next version of RPGmod, but for the moment I would suggest setting up a numerical HUD and use a custom variable for player experience points.

dbain21 Tuatara Software
Years of Service
User Offline
@Flatlander - thanks, I greatly appreciate the code examples. I didn't realize that each category required it's own inventory list with start and an end. I also fixed the 'x' location for the icons.

I installed FPSC 1.19 beta 4, and RPG Mod 5.46 - here are the results.

RPG 5.46 - 'i' does not bring up inventory list
- game crashes when I step in a trigger zone that uses the
plrinzoneactivateused.fpi script

RPG 5.31 - 'i' does not bring up inventory list
- trigger zone / plrinzoneactivateused works as expected

RPG 5.22 - 'i' brings up inventory. I can select a category and
click on an item. How do I exit the inventory screen?
- trigger zone / plrinzoneactivateused works as expected

FPSC 1.19b4 - fpsc 1.19 beta 4 without RPG_MOD - trigger zone with
plrinzoneactivateused.fpi script works as expected

@Ched80 - thanks for the update regarding the issue with player experience. I will test the start/end quest issues tomorrow and post the results.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2012 04:40
Quote: "How do I exit the inventory screen?"

By pressing the 'x' key. This is hard-coded and therefore can't be changed unless Ched80 codes it as a command or setup. For me, 'x' has always been the exit key.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2012 17:53
I'm going to take a look at the rank/experience feature. Ched80 is going on vacation for a week. This was something that BlackFox requested when he was involved with RPG Mod. It was something I coded somewhat quickly and when it was finished Blackfox made a sample level (game) using this feature. However, when he left the project, he deleted all of the RPG Mod examples from his website before I had a chance to download them. Because Blackfox actually had used it successfully, I'm sure it should still work. I will create an example myself; however, I will not be using the most current RPGmod version.

Also, I'm not sure why inventory is not working in the newer versions. I'm not currently working on those versions since Ched took over the code. I'm working on another project instead.

dbain21 Tuatara Software
Years of Service
User Offline
@Flatlander - yes, the 'x' key exits the inventory screen. Must be the only key that I didn't bash while trying to get that to work

@Ched80 - Regarding quests, I am defining the quests in the rpg_setup_clues.fpi file. The quest does appear in the list. I am using 'f4' to display quests. When I begin the level and press F4, my quest is listed as "not started". When I enter the trigger zone with quest_begin.fpi script, then view my quests, quest # 1 is listed as "started". When I enter the trigger zone with quest_completed.fpi, quest # 1 remains listed as "started" (assume it should be listed as "completed"?) This behavior is consistent with RPG_522 and RPG_546.

- rpg_setup_clues.fpi -

- quest1_completed.fpi file -

Greatly appreciate your assistance!
TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2012 20:35
Is there a blank template if the RPG_Mod text file???

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2012 22:07
@TheDesertEagle

Attached is a default file or template for text setup file. This is not an example file. I am going to try and work up a tutorial for using all the possible text features.

@dbain21

I haven't had time to look at your issues for rank and quest. What I would like to do is a tutorial for them first and then let you take a look at the tutorials. I hope to get this done in the next three or four days. I've been busy with a couple of things with v1.19. Helping (but not much) Scene Command testing some things.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2012 18:55
Regarding Rank / Experience feature. There is a very important part of the setup that was not included in my manual and therefore was not included in Ched80's manual. It is called "rpg_rank=" This defines the actual ranks and is a text value. There can be up to 24 ranks.

There is also a misconception of the setup command rpg_centertextonx=. It says in the manual:

This defines whether the text should be centred on the x-axis (horizontal). Set this to 1 to centre the text on the x-axis. This is required if rpg_centertext=1.

This is not a boolean value. It is the Xpos you would like to have the text centered. It is most useful when using a backround hud. For example you might have a hud that starts at Xpos 10 and ends at Xpos 30. You would then want to center the text on Xpos 20.

I hope to upload a tutorial sometime today or tomorrow. God willing.

TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2012 21:55
Quote: "rpg_centertextonx=. "

if its not boolean should'nt it have a a different command name???

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2012 22:59
If ched80 wants to rename it that's fine with me. But, it is NOT a boolean it is the x position value!

TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2012 00:40
centertextonx=,makes it look and sound like it boolean

eborr
Years of Service
User Offline
Problems with MSCVCR71.dll

I am concious that this has been answered before, I did a search on the forum and nothing came up. I have copied this file from the site suggested in the first post, stored it in \windows\system32, re-booted and still get the file missing error - any thoughts
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2012 08:13
Attached for download is the tutorial for the Rank/Experience feature. It is a PDF.

There are several bug fixes and a new command addition that was needed. For all to be working you will need to wait for Ched80's next revision.

However, you will be able to define the setup and your ranks as per the tutorial. You can only use the rpg_displayrank=1 at this time. This allows you to test if the bulk of this works.

Also, you must use the encrypted setup files. The non-encrypted setup files will not work for this feature at this time. You will need to wait for the next version to be able to use non-encrypted setup files.

Attachments

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2012 17:54 Edited at: 11th Jan 2012 10:22
I'm not sure when Ched will be returning, so I went ahead and modified his latest version v5.46 with the fixes.

I fixed the encryption code to make sure and get the correct data if the game is running in non-encryption mode. I added a command to the rank/experience feature - 10 Jan 2012.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2012 10:30
11 Jan 2012, I added code to the rpg_selectquest code so that it assigns the correct value to the next level variable. The modified v5.46 is attached. This includes the rank/experience modification as well as this modification.

The rpg.ini file will include this line:

Quote: "Terry's (Flatlander) fixes and addition - 11 Jan 2012"

Attachments

eborr
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry to trouble you but if anyone could give me some guidance on this I would appreciate it

Problems with MSCVCR71.dll

I am concious that this has been answered before, I did a search on the forum and nothing came up. I have copied this file from the site suggested in the first post, stored it in \windows\system32, re-booted and still get the file missing error - any thoughts
yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
eborr, are you sure that it is MSCVCR71.dll which is is requested although you copied it to its destination ?
Usually, MSCVCR71.dll is accompanied by its twin, MSCVCP71.dll , and the respective error message for the second is very likely misread as the one for its sibling.

Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2012 22:49 Edited at: 13th Jan 2012 04:32
yrkoon. Thanks for responding to eborr. I don't know why (only MS knows) but they are both needed. I wasn't going to respond until I got the tutorial done for Quests. It is now done. You can download the pdf by clicking on the download button.

Attachments

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2012 04:38
I was just looking at "objectives." I'm afraid that Ched80 mixed up the two different kinds of objectives that I have available. One is the Objectives Log feature which you can define a slew of objectives for the game and keep track of them. Then there is the immediate objective feature which deals with one objective at a time. This is seen in a lot of games. I saw it for the first time in the game "Area 51." This objective tells the player what his immediate objective is.

I guess, I will create a tutorial for each of them and then Ched can sort it out later with an updated manual.

So, I'm not leaving as soon as I though I was because both of these features are important to an RPG. I know I will be using them as soon as I can get back to making my game.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2012 10:02
The Objectives-Log System tutorial PDF is attached for download. Next is the Immediate-Objective tutorial.

Attachments

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2012 14:20
Immediate Objective tutorial PDF download available.

Attachments

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2012 15:16 Edited at: 13th Jan 2012 15:16
Thanks for the tutorials Flatlander, I'm currently in the planning phase for a new collaborative game which will be using RPG Mod, so I'll definitely be reading them all ASAP!!

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2012 04:52
Thanks Bruce. Looking forward to seeing a WIP whether here or elsewhere.

Here's another tutorial for ya and others who are interested. It is about the Generic Selection Feature. Click the download button.

Attachments

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2012 07:45
Clues tutorial attached for download.

Attachments

dbain21 Tuatara Software
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm still having some trouble with the inventory. I'm able to add an item, increment the # of items, and view my inventory. However, I am having a problem implementing the ability to drop an item. I added the following code to my script and to rpg_setup, but that did not work:

:rpg_playercandropitem=$bread:rpg_playerdrop=$bread

Once the player displays the inventory screen, what are their options? (besides right-click to display information about an item, or 'x' to exit the inventory screen) Are these facilitated through keystrokes or mouse clicks? If they are keystrokes, please confirm the key used for each option.

A sample script or tutorial for the inventory functions would be greatly appreciated!
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2012 20:39
@dbain, I'm glad you are letting me know that you are having difficulties rather than just giving up.

After tweaking what I have already done with current tutorials, I'll do a tutorial for Inventory. I guess I was keeping the hardest for the last. It is moderately complicated but it does work. Inventory was the very first thing I did with RPGmod. There are some inconsistencies regarding syntax and how one uses variables.

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2012 17:17 Edited at: 17th Jan 2012 17:41
I have a question regarding RPG Mod;

Can I use the RPG mod FPSC Game.exe file without going through the full RPG Mod setup, as per the instructions. In other words, if I use RPG Mod, do I have to go through the full setup procedure, or can I just use the RPG Mod FPSC Game.exe file to continue working on my vanilla 1.19 game?

On the flip side, if I do have to go through the full setup procedure for RPG Mod, can I continue to develop my vanilla 1.19 game, without using any RPG Mod features?

I hope all that makes sense!!

The reason I'm asking this rather odd question, is because I'm currently having problems saving and loading maps, and SC asked me if I'd used RPG Mod yet, presumably wanting to know if I get the same crash with RPG Mod...

[Edit] Yes, I'm also aware that I'm taking a risk using a beta version of 1.19 to continue developing my game[/Edit]

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2012 20:28
You have to do the bare minimum setup of RPGmod. IMHO, that's not that much, but perhaps you think so.

The up-side is that you will have the most current release of v1.19 along side of RPGmod and NO you do not have to use any of RPGmod features, ever. It just has to have the bare minimum of setup files because it loads these setup files into the game engine at the beginning.

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2012 22:04
Thanks Flatlander. It's not that I think it's too much, I mean, I have read through the setup instructions, and I'm confident I'll be able to follow them without any difficulties. I was more worried about interoperability, between RPG Mod and vanilla 1.19.

I've mentioned before that I'm in the planning stages of a new, collaborative RPG Mod game, but I'm also still privately working on my 1st game - Seclusion, which uses vanilla 1.19. So, at some point, I'll need to be able to work on both games simultaneously, without having to swap between vanilla and RPG .exe files. That's why I'm asking all these questions now, so that I don't get caught out in the future.

So, bearing all that in mind, I have one last question; After I've done the bare minimum setup, without using any RPG Mod features, does it have ANY impact on gameplay? In other words, will my 'vanilla' game run/play exactly as it did before?

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2012 23:13
To be honest, although I have ALL the releases (through r556 which was released today), I have not used many of the new features of v1.19. Since there have not been any coding conflicts between RPGmod and Wasp Mod code (both Ched80 and myself have been watching for that) and because I have not had any crashes I'm pretty confident that they are playing well together.

Is there something I could test for you that you are having an issue with using vanilla 119 beta 5? I already am using the released code that will be a part of beta 6.

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2012 23:31 Edited at: 17th Jan 2012 23:33
Well, part of the reason why I'm asking all these questions is because I've been having problems with vanilla 1.19 crashing whenever I try to save, then load a new map in the editor. (I've had the same problem with betas 1 through 5).

SC says he can't replicate the problem, and asked if I'd tested RPG Mod yet. Presumably because he's wanting to know if RPG Mod crashes in the same way for me.

I wanted to get as much information about setting up RPG Mod, and running it alongside 1.19, as possible, before I test it.

So, if I understand you correctly, I can setup RPG Mod now, and still work on my vanilla 1.19 game, as well as my future RPG Mod game, when the time comes.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, you've been a great help

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2012 00:08
I can't seem to duplicate that either. I loaded a map, saved it, then loaded another map; saved that map and loaded again another map. I did this several times without a crash. Maybe there is a step we're not performing that you are.

I always give Lee a complete, detailed step by step that leads up to the problem when I report something.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 11:58:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 11:58:13