Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / v2 Feature Requests

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2015 19:11 Edited at: 20th Jan 2015 21:16
@Clonkex

I've only seen one other person in the forum use the same pic as me

ok i got one for Feature Request

a version that lets you program on Android Device

this could be started in "KickStarter" considering
it will take a bit of work to get going

as long as the programing language is exact to the current version

they people can program any ware on the code and even build APK files to test

i know it would be a bit of rethinking to make it happen

i bought High Compatibility 76 Keys Bluetooth 3.0 Keyboard Built-in Lithium-Ion Battery with Touchpad for Cellphone Tablet PC Desktop Laptop

http://www.everbuying.net/product672659.html

as well as "Practical TV Shape Folding Mobile Phone Image Amplifier with Phone Stand" for a bigger display

http://www.everbuying.net/product616732.html

and with buying "30000mAh Dual USB Portable Solar Panel Power Bank for usb devices with LED Light"

http://www.everbuying.net/product523892.html

there would be no need to be stuck working inside or near a power supply

to move side ways - is to move forward
Since a Strait line gets thin fast
Reyman
Years of Service
User Offline
Video needs ability to set the play position. so you can develop a slider underneath to allow users to skip forward, or start the vid from a particular point.

presently only can play,stop and pause. No good if you want to skip to the last couple of minutes of an hour long video (for example).

Also sort bug with video where they work one minute and not the next (with no code changed).!
bigc90210
Years of Service
User Offline
is there any way to do a For-Each loop? If not, please add that to the list!
paulrobson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2015 10:45
Well, there are only two things you can do 'each' of ; arrays and string characters, which can be done with for/next. AGK2 doesn't have any dynamic data structures (apart from variable length arrays and strings....)
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2015 11:13
Not sure if I put these before but (in addition to the obvious must-have of Sqlite3 support):-

1. integer CreateZip( filename , password) - password protection for Zip files

2. WriteMemblock( iFileID, iMemblockID ) and ReadMemblock equivalent

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2015 20:03
bigc90210, you can with arrays do something like:

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Greenwich
Years of Service
User Offline
Now that Linux support has been achieved in .11, can we hope for Windows Phone support on the horizon? That'd be spectacular.

It's mean time. *averages*
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2015 05:16 Edited at: 31st Jan 2015 05:24
Quote: "Video needs ability to set the play position. so you can develop a slider underneath to allow users to skip forward, or start the vid from a particular point."

Video should also be usable as a texture via a sprite or render image. This would allow you to control transparency, z-depth and apply shaders in real-time. It was something alluded to a very long time ago by Paul or Lee. Right now the video features are severely restrictive.
KultiVator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 13:17
Ability to control where video is played - e.g. on the main AppGameKit drawing surface, or maybe projected onto a 3D plane - so we can overlay sprites, text and anything else we want on top of a playing video file.

Numerous applications for this in games and multimedia projects.

( Aggravated > Constipated > Mutilated ) < KultiVated
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 14:50
I'm not sure if this is requested already, but I mainly develop for PC and would like to see the ability to resize the window by dragging the corners, like most windows do (for tier 1).

Regards Sph!nx
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 15:57
Quote: "Will we ever get a concave Sprite Shape?"

Just use multiple shapes. It's quite an easy task to create an editor that uses multiple triangles to overcome concave shapes.

Quote: "it would be nice if the message windows would not shrink to the bottom
a check setting would be help full "

Edit | Preferences
Interface - Auto-Hide message window

Quote: "Native swipe functions. I know we can do it ourselves, but it'd be a great feature to include in the "Raw" section"

GetRawTouchType?
0 for a default touch, 1 for a short touch, 2 for a hold and 3 for dragging. Includes start coordinates and last coordinates, as well as current coordinates.

Quote: "I don't think it works with variables within arrays and larger types."

Yes, it's all possible. Check out the Array Changes page in the help files. it talks about more than just arrays.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
White knight
Years of Service
User Offline
would be nice to have all the old dark basic pro commands in agk 2

new learning center comming soon http://911.bounceme.net/
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2015 01:51
Quote: "would be nice to have all the old dark basic pro commands in agk 2"

There's little chance of getting all the DBPro commands in AppGameKit since a lot were Windows-specific, but I believe we'll end up with a great deal of them. TGC have said they'll be creating some sort of extension system for AGK2, in a similar fashion to how DLLs could be used to extend DBPro, so even if some of the DBPro commands you want aren't included in vanilla you'd theoretically be able to create an extension to give you those commands.

I'm really curious as to whether the extension system for AGK2 will be as flexible as DBPro's, since TGC can't simply use DLLs...

nike081
Years of Service
User Offline
Top post updated !!!
Chrisx2ds
Years of Service
User Offline
HI,

Pls made AGKv2 support on develop native app/game for Sailfish OS(a new mobile OS design by Jolla)

so we can deploy native apps(game) for this new mobile OS

more info about Sailfish Os
https://sailfishos.org/

Sailfish os appstore support - habour
https://harbour.jolla.com/

Jolla - Finland company that create the Sailfish Os
Jolla.com
Beo6
Years of Service
User Offline
Sailfish Os already supports running android applications. So you don't really need it if it works as they advertise.
Chrisx2ds
Years of Service
User Offline
the ability of Sailfish to run Android apps is to fill the gaps as Sailfish os still new and lack of native apps.

Sailfish os native apps has more power & optimize with more smooth & gestures base function.

that is the point I looking forward that AGKv2 will make support on the deploy native apps/game for Sailfish os
Beo6
Years of Service
User Offline
if AppGameKit v2 is finished they can think about this again. But for now i would say they should focus on finishing AppGameKit v2.

So long you can still make apps that run there so i don't see that this is very important. And since the OS is not used by many people it should be decided if it is worth the effort.
paulrobson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2015 17:05
TBH it's going to be the Facebook et al support that's challenging.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2015 09:33
It's not always good to be on the leading edge. A lot of effort was put into Meego for AppGameKit, and now it's no longer around.

paulrobson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2015 10:54
Quote: "How about an expression evaluation function so we can take a string "10*5" and calculate the result?

This would be a great help to people who want to add some kind of scripting to their games and I'm sure you already use such functions so it would be reasonably easy to wrap them."

A bit of a throwback, but I've written something that does this https://github.com/agkdev/library-eval for my font effects library.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2015 12:26
If it's possible then I would love to have overloaded functions and optional parameters.

AGK V2 user - Tier 1 & 2
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2015 21:09
Quote: "If it's possible then I would love to have overloaded functions and optional parameters."

If you are working in Tier 2, this is all doable for anything you write.

My WIP has lots of classes with overloading and such.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 00:46
Please add Tier 1 commands to support Common Intents.

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 11:29
Quote: "Please add Tier 1 commands to support Common Intents."

My first vote in this thread for new functionality, it looks extremely useful, and solves lots of challenges in one go.

hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Augmented reality features.
The kind that detects a marker, and generate AR based on that.
AR is one of those things that will grow bigger in the future. Will hate to see thegamecreators missed the race.

It would greatly increases AppGameKit value. The advantage of easy deployment can only be useful if we are able to use the tools on the platform the software is deployed on.
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2015 06:51
It's not a major feature, but I'd like to see GetTextAlignment() added as a command.

JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2015 08:20
I now have two Android computers and would love to see the AppGameKit editor/compiler run on Android.
JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2015 08:32 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2015 08:37
Double post removed.
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 08:09
Updated chartboost SDK and integration of the Post Install analytics.

..would be awesome.
gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 14:20
I Have a huge feature request

The program android for temperaly
Running program being built needs anther version ware it dose not need the
Internet but communicates thought usb connected device

to move side ways - is to move forward
Since a Strait line gets thin fast
Dead Pixel
Years of Service
User Offline
Not sure if this has been suggested before as I haven't read down through all the suggestions yet, but anyway here goes.....

The ability to 'rotate' elements in an array by a set amount - by rotate I mean move the elements left or right in the array and whatever elements fall off either end are then fed back into the array at the opposite end. Think of it like a bicycle chain, each link representing an element in the array, the chain can be rotated clockwise or anti-clockwise.

RotateArrayClockwise(array,How many elements to rotate by)
RotateArrayAntiClockwise(array,How many elements to rotate by)

The same functionality could also be applied to strings with roughly the same syntax.

//******************************
// Coding In BASIC using AppGameKit V2
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2015 01:06
@Dead Pixel:

Good idea. I can think of a few uses for those commands and they could be really useful, if a little slow on large arrays

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2015 08:45
Actually in V2 that would be fairly simple as you can remove a set index from the array so:

A similar version could be made for other array types including UDT's.

Dead Pixel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2015 00:09 Edited at: 27th Feb 2015 00:53
baxslash, I implmented your inserts and removes in my own functions and I found that for some reason they were introducing duplicates, to overcome this I came up with the following:

I've tested this and it seems to be working OK.

As it is a single call to either function only rotates the elements by one place, modifying the function to accept an integer parameter for use in a for.....next loop would allow us to specify how far right or left to shift the elements. In addition to this if we pass in a boolean value to indicate which direction to rotate in then we can have a single function instead of two where we use the boolean value in an if....else statement to determine the direction - false = shift left, true = shift right.

RotateArrayElements(array ref as string[], boolean direction, int amount_to_shift_by)

But perhaps speed of execution would be an issue if we introduce the loop and the if,else functionality?

// Coding In BASIC using AppGameKit V2
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2015 10:18
I guess I should have tested my code as it needed the -1 you added in the shift_array_elements_right() function. Also it looks like you have to be careful with integer arrays and make sure you specify the insert position as well as the integer you want to insert. That's pretty useful to know!

hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
- Vector 2D and 3D command
- 3D model limb command, multiple textures
- Shadows shading (smooth) that works with limbed and animated 3D models
- Some form of ambient occlusion (SSAO will be nice)
- Fog
- Vertex manipulation
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 01:27
Quote: "- Some form of ambient occlusion (SSAO will be nice)"

That's a shader thing. AppGameKit has shader commands. Is there something preventing SSAO from being used with AppGameKit?

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 11:22 Edited at: 1st Mar 2015 13:27
I'd like to see changes to the way the Atlas Texture text file works.
Obviously it needs to stay in the same format but it would be great if we could add additional optional parameters for our own use.

As it is now, if we add additional colon delimited parameters, then LoadSubimages would fail.
It would be great if LoadSubimages only considered the first 5 parameters on a line but allowed more to exist. That way you could add a flag to say the image was rotated to fit in the atlas or you could add more parameters to define collision bounds.

Obviously, you'd have to load in these parameters separately and deal with them however you see fit but it would be very handy if you could do that instead of having to create an additional text file.

AGK V2 user - Tier 1 & 2
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2015 09:17
Scraggle, if you are desperate for that kind of functionality it would be possible to write some simple commands to read this data in manually, then use the sprite UV commands to use the specified region. Or a shader. I know you have the ability to write this sort of stuff I just wasn't sure if you hadn't thought of it or if this is purely a 'nice to have'.

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2015 09:30
Baxslash, I think you have misunderstood my request. I can of course read in the data manually and that is what I still want to do. I'd like all colon delimited parameters after the first five to be optional and only ever read in and handled by the user (coder).
The problem is, any additional parameters in the file will cause the loading of subimages to fail.

All I'm asking for is a change to the way the loadSubImages command works internally so that we can place more parameters in the file.

There is an obvious and easy work-around. We simply use an additional text file. I'm just saying it would be nice to be able to put all of our data in a single file instead of creating new ones.

AGK V2 user - Tier 1 & 2
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2015 10:57
Quote: "Baxslash, I think you have misunderstood my request."

No, that's what I thought you meant. I just wasn't sure if you'd considered adding a few functions to do this manually. I agree it would be a simple thing to add. I'm not suggesting it's a bad idea just trying to help with a relatively simple workaround (for someone of your ability)

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2015 09:33
Again, I think you've missed my point.
Writing functions to do it manually is easy enough, the problem is that we can't add any additional parameters to the atlas texture subimages file without breaking it.

I have everything working the way I want it to now but it means using two text files per atlas image. All I'm asking for is the internal workings of the LoadSubImage command to allow and ignore any colon delimited parameters after the first five.

AGK V2 user - Tier 1 & 2
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2015 09:47
What I would do is create my own text file format, extract all the information I needed, and then save the original Atlas data file. You then have a system that can be extended in future, but is backward-compatible with the original.

Onwards and sometimes upwards
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2015 14:25
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think it would be better to just stick to using a separate text file. There's not really much point changing things for the few KB that an extra text file would add to each project.

AGK V2 user - Tier 1 & 2
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2015 15:36
What I meant was - put the original data into your one file, then create the map at run-time. Multiple files are hard to maintain - like the mess .h and .cpp files!

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2015 16:03
I see what you mean now - good idea!

AGK V2 user - Tier 1 & 2
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2015 19:09
The whole trouble with binary file formats is that they're very difficult to extend - which is also true of fixed text formats. So I tend to use files like this:

[SECTION WombatAges]
fred=26
Vera=97
Lee=134
[END]
[SECTION WombatSex]
fred=male
Vera=female
Lee=male
[END]

File loaders will only parsse sections they understand, so you can extend it quite simply with new sections.

JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2015 07:13 Edited at: 5th Mar 2015 07:14
I would like to see an additional set of draw commands that are persistent.

That is, they would not disappear every frame. They would remain persistent until the program issued a ClearScreen() command.

Thanks!
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2015 11:43 Edited at: 9th Mar 2015 12:29
Quote: "[SECTION WombatSex]"

edit sorry that wasn't very appropriate - bit embarrassed in the light of a new day

EDIT2: You know what, now that I'm not a mod, I'm going to put it back

*randy Smiffy voice* Wombat sex oooh wait what

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:08:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:08:15