Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Black Ice Mod Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2015 00:04
This is gonna be sweet, as usual. Keep it up !
Utinni !
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2015 05:53 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2015 18:02
Wow, you guys have done wonders. Great job. Thank you for your continued development on this engine.
Hope Lee gives you guys the source to the engine, that would make your life easier.

Edit:
Just tried it out. Fantastic, thanks again.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2015 01:49 Edited at: 4th Oct 2015 01:51
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. Its great to hear people are using the mod and enjoying it.

**NEW RELEASE**

We have just uploaded v6.1 which has some important fixes for moving lights and other small fixes. Please download this version from the 1st post or link below:
http://www.dabalisticsoftware.com/files/BlackIceModBetav6.1.zip

Have fun!
Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2015 06:35 Edited at: 4th Oct 2015 06:39
I'd love to make a contribution to this mod, is this possible ?

The effect is made with a modified version of the "light8" mesh. Are you interested ?
Utinni !
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2015 15:07
Thank you Nomad Soul and S4real. Some fixes in V 6.1, o.k. got it.

@S4real, Aegul's Mod, yes I remember him. Made a great 3rd person. Released a "timed" demo
if I remember correctly. Then he just disappeared. What a shame.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The effect is made with a modified version of the "light8" mesh. Are you interested ?"

Yeah we would be interested in adding this to the mod please email Nomad or Myself with more info.

best s4real
Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
Tectonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2015 17:25
Is there a manual/user's guide for all of this to make sure that it's set up correctly (especially the segments)? There was a User's Guide for Nomad Mod, but with all the updates some items may not be covered. Regards and congrats to s4real and Nomad Soul.
Tectonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2015 15:46
This is a question for Nomad Soul,

I am having a problem with the burnout effect for other x10 characters. I noticed that in the demo supplied, the character burns out quite nicely with a decay at the end after the image turns yellow. I have been trying to replicate this full effect with other x10 characters but after the image turns yellow, instead of it disintegrating away, it just suddenly disappears instead.

I am not sure what I am missing since the appear, main and destroy FPIs are the same and the Effect is also the same, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
VRG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2015 22:31
Creating a standalone game from my created level I am getting an error while starting to test a new level. I am missing an " enhanced pack from DB pro" . Where can I download this an how to install??
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2015 23:51 Edited at: 10th Oct 2015 00:05
@Tectonic
The Nomad Mod user guide is still included in Black Ice Mod (see docs folders) and still useful but I'll try and update this with the latest shaders. For segments you need to ensure your .fps file is using the 'segment_spec_norm.fx' shader or if you need the segment textures to have transparency use 'segment_spec_norm_alpha.fx'. We will also be including a tool (courtesy of Doomster) in the next release which allows you to easily update all of your segments and entities to use the new shaders.

For segment textures you must have a D2 and D for diffuse (include alpha channel for transparency if required) then a N for the normal map texture and I for the specular texture. You should be fine after that.

The character burnout effect is controlled by the alpha channel of the diffuse textures (D2, D). If you open the juggernaut burnout character (entitybank\nomadmod\characters\juggernaut burnout) diffuse textures you can copy the alpha channel texture and paste this to the alpha channel of the new character diffuse textures and it should work providing you are using the correct shaders.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 10th Oct 2015 20:58
Thanks for sending Me links to the older versions of Nomad mod! But it was V1.0 in all links, but I hope this one has a Character shadow shader that works good..
BTW, Does V1.0 work with 1.20?
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2015 23:20
@VRG - Please ensure you run FPSC and any built game executables as administrator. I experienced the message on a built game but this resolved it.
@Mr Love - To be honest I've not seen the character issues you mentioned. We are only supporting Black Ice Mod now but if an earlier version of nomadmod suits your needs that's fine and they all work in v1.20.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 11th Oct 2015 00:13
Yeah, but can We agree that Nomad mod had Character shadows, and Black Ice does not have it?
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2015 01:43
No! nomadmod and black ice mod both use planar shadows for characters. There is no difference with shadows.
Tectonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2015 21:58
@Nomad Soul

Thanks for the quick response and good advise. Got the burn out effect to work for other characters.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2015 13:40 Edited at: 16th Oct 2015 13:41
**NEW RELEASE**

Black Ice Mod v7.0 update is now uploaded with the following:

-FPSC now uses HD resolution (1280x720).
-Dynamic scaling for HUDs.
-Fixed Dark AI collision issue.
-Added overlay HUD and script with demo.
-Added raknos character and allies demo.
-Added madcow's static light entity.
-Added s4real's vishnu packer extra tool.
-Added doomster's sky box creation tool.
-Added doomster's shader update tool.

-Moving FPSC classic to HD was really overdue but this has now been done in v7.0. We have also added global commands for HUD's so they scale correctly.
-There is a HUD demo and help file included so please check these out before using any custom full screen HUD's in the mod.
-We've added another character from X10 and ally variation of the juggernaut so you can setup team AI. Check out the alliesvenemies demo for this.
-Thanks to madcow and doomster for their model and tools contributions. The skybox creator is essential and the shader update tool is great for this mod.
-We also included Vishnu Packer Extra which is the best FPSC tool out there for packaging games and making them secure.

Thanks for the ongoing support from the community on this project.
S4real & Nomad
Tectonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2015 14:21
Sweet! Congrats!
Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2015 15:47 Edited at: 16th Oct 2015 15:52
Thank you for the new release, glad you like the model !

Nomad Soul wrote: "-Dynamic scaling for HUDs."

Finally, after all these years, this annoyance is fixed !

I have a dumb question, what a "Overlay HUD" is ?
Utinni !
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2015 19:22
Thank you Nomad Soul. Wow version 7.0 ? I cant keep up..lol
Quote: "Dynamic scaling for HUDs."

Me too, I don't think I've heard of this before
J0linar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2015 20:43
just tried 7.0 out
rly great work guys, the hd move and hud scaling was needed

may i ask how possible a version with steam would be? as TZK`s steam for fpsc is no longer for sale and neither the free version
http://j0linar.blogspot.co.at/

PC SPECS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7-3630QM 4.8GHz CPU, Nvidia GTX 675M - 2048MB GPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 18th Oct 2015 16:04
It just keeps getting better. Thanks for all you do guys.

Brian.
I\'m sorry. My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
All Downloads are now HERE
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2015 05:48 Edited at: 19th Oct 2015 05:49
Quote: "Quote: "Dynamic scaling for HUDs."

Me too, I don't think I've heard of this before"

I may be incorrect, but dynamic scaling for HUDs would be a feature to resize the huds. In scripts you define the hud file and position and it appears when called. The dynamic scaling would allow you to define the hud in your script, but use commands to resize the hud. For example, I use both full screen and "windowed mode" in my work. If I want windowed mode, then I would call on the commands I use to resize my huds according. Otherwize the huds would still be huge in a window environment compared to their original size in full screen mode.

That would be my assumption to the feature here in this mod.

Nice work Nomad and s4real. You've come a long way with this project and have pulled off some great features far beyond what had been done.
There\'s no problem that can\'t be solved without applying a little scripting.
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2015 23:20 Edited at: 20th Oct 2015 23:22
Great work on this mod. You do what many only dream of.

Speaking of, I hate to add to the pile of work you guys have in front of you, but I've had a particular problem with FPS Creator for quite a long time when it comes to a particular Dark AI script. In the TF341 model pack (MP-53 I believe), there's a script that has characters patrol waypoints and battle when they come into contact. Similarly, if you use just the standard TF341 Dark AI scripts, the characters still can't go up and down stairs, even with waypoints on the steps.

The scripts work fine except when the waypoints go up or down layers. I've posted a video describing the problem and I never managed to find anyone who was able to address the issue. The FLOORLOGIC command is NOT present anywhere in the scripts, and I would really appreciate someone looking into this.

Thanks for all your work. If you can fix or help with a work around to this issue, Christmas will come early for me and hopefully many others this year!

Please note that while the video shows V1.20 Beta 17 I believe, the problem has existed since the release of MP53 and persists in all versions of Black Ice Mod.
-Winner of the X10 Revival Competition, Susysyay
\"I\'m havin\' too good a time today, I ain\'t even thinkin\' bout tomorrow.\"
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2015 11:02 Edited at: 21st Oct 2015 11:04
@Susysyay :- This issue should of been fixed from beta 4.3 and up,I have just checked and they working fine up and down stairs in a map I have made using default tf341 character and scripts.

The only thing I can think off is that fpsc is not reset to the new changes for the darkai.

To do this you must go into levelbank/testlevel folder and del all files in that folder once you done that make sure all the dbo and bin files are del as well.

post your test map and we will look into it.

To all,

Thanks for the support and comments

best s4real
Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2015 18:15 Edited at: 21st Oct 2015 18:19
I have a suggestion to s4real.

Why not to allow the developer ( not the player ) to go back at her/his starting position by pressing "*", like you did for Project Blue ? It would be VERY useful since you can be glued to the geometry of the levels.
This thing could be a great time-saver for developers because getting stuck in the scenery is annoying and the only solution to this issue so far is to quit test mod and launch a new test build.
Utinni !
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2015 23:01
@s4real

Ok, I tried clearing out the testlevel folder in the levelbank, and then ran FPSCCleaner, and the problem still happens. I'm attaching a simple test level with all default TF341 scripts so maybe you can try it out and let me know if I'm doing something wrong on my end.

Here are screens demonstrating the issue. I use 1.18 and Black Ice Beta 7.0.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2015 13:53
All - Just to let you know we are taking a short break but will continue working on the mod when possible.

@ncmako - BlackFox gave a good summary of the new dynamic HUD scaling feature which replaces the old fixed commands with global ones. Overlay HUD's are full screen HUD's which can be used to simulate things like gas masks or just giving your game a unique theme.

@J0linar - There are no plans to make Black Ice Mod available on Steam as FPSC Classic itself is not a Steam product and would mean having to support another forum which is time consuming.

@Madcow - You can achieve this functionality with scripting. I've attached a script which enables you to respawn at the player start marker by pressing the * key anywhere in the level. All you need to do is assign this to a trigger zone and rename the start marker to 'PlayerStart' as the script command does not appear to allow spaces. I've also included a demo map which seems to work fine and you just need to delete the trigger zone when ready to publish the final game build.

@Susysyay - DAI will only use stairs properly when placed within a segment i.e. they need to have walls around them. I'm taking a look as they seem to use stairs properly when using waypoints with the default AI script but don't patrol waypoints with stairs properly.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2015 22:04
@Nomad Soul

Ok, thanks for the confirmation on the issue with patrolling waypoints and stairs. I know the default follow-the-player DAI works fine on stairs, but the patrolling doesn't. I'm glad I know that this isn't just an issue on my end and that you were able to reproduce it.

Thanks so much for your troubles, gents! Take it easy and enjoy a for your work. We are forever in your debt
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2015 14:36 Edited at: 7th Nov 2015 14:38
@Susysyay - I had a look at the source and it appears DAI is not currently designed to follow waypoints up / down layers unless tracking a target or the player. I've sent an email to Hockeykid who originally implemented DAI in the hope we can make something happen as I'm not familiar with this module at the moment.

In the meantime, your report prompted me to find a solution so I delved into some AI scripting of my own using the traditional (non DAI) commands and cobbled something together which does a pretty good job. The main objectives of my solution is to be lightweight (for performance), stable (for reliability) and aggressive (for challenging gameplay). I've not yet added ally support or cover but will look into those and include the scripts in the next update so people can improve them. Here is what I have so far:

- Enemies patrol waypoints and take different paths through the level
- Enemies will open doors and activate switches on their paths
- Enemies engage in combat when attacked or the player is found
- Enemies crouch when reloading to make them less vulnerable
- Enemies resume waypoint patrols after losing track of the player

Here is a HD video showing 2 tests with single and multiple enemies using the AI:
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2015 16:08
Killer job on the new AI Nomad. You guys are really kicking but here.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2015 00:49
@Nomad Soul

The video shows fantastic progress and promise. I think many people will agree that AI was never really a "strong" feature in FPSC. I brought up the issue particularly because when I was making my WWII game Combat 1944 (using Nomad's Mod btw, thanks for that! ), and I was forced to make my levels flat. I could have no vertical shift, ie, stuck to one "level".

I'd love to make a follow-up to that game, but I can't deal with the AI being single-layer limited. If you and your team of FPSC magicians can rework the AI, I think FPSC might gain some ground on Gameguru. I find most of the AI TGC turns out for FPSC and GG is pretty subpar. It's awesome to see someone with your talent really take it to new heights! I did some scripting in Combat 1944 and barely got it working as well (or poorly...) as it did. I can't imagine what I and others will be able to create with AI like in your video.

Fantastic job as always, and I look forward to updates. Don't work too hard and remember to grab yourself a cold every once and while!

Cheers mates!
Abdulilah Saleh
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2015 17:28
Thank you S4real & Nomad Soul for everything. Yes, take a break for awhile with the holidays coming.
This is more than enough to stay busy. Very stable and smooth (and fun to work with)
Cheers & thank you
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2015 00:53
@seppgirty - Thanks. The AI is a good starting point to build from and I'm hoping this is something we will see the community improving upon.
@Susysyay - Your work on Combat 1944 was a big reason for me spending some time on this as I would also like to see the project continued.
@Abdulilah Saleh - Your welcome! Hope you are enjoying the mod.
@ncmako - We are taking a short break now but already have another update in the works and you will definitely see more in 2016.

Thanks to everyone who contributed or supported this mod in anyway. We've had a lot of support from the community which gives us motivation to keep going.
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2015 01:24 Edited at: 27th Nov 2015 01:24
Just thought I'd drop a line to all who contribute to this mod - Happy Thanksgiving (here in the US anyway)! I'm so thankful FPS Creator has such an awesome community willing to develop mods of this capacity. I look forward to future releases but be sure to treat yourselves, you all deserve it!
=VX=Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2015 06:16 Edited at: 20th Dec 2015 17:17
never mind, i found my answer
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2015 18:13
@=VX=Doggy - Hope you got the mod working ok. S4real left some instructions on the 1st page.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2016 16:07 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2016 17:43
Happy New Year!

I've posted about this in the main chat room as its not specific to Black Ice Mod but I've recently implemented the latest ReShade framework with FPSC and it works very nicely.

Here is a HD video where I've added Bloom, Color Correction, Vibrance, Sharpening, SMAA Antialiasing, Light Flares, God Rays and Lens Dirt to some Black Ice Mod demos:

In this screenshot you can see a direct comparison with ReShade switched on the left side and off the right side.

As we are trying to keep performance as a top priority, I won't be making this a standard part of the mod but will include the ReShade.dll and presets used in the tools folder so you can easily add this if you want to.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 3rd Jan 2016 14:11
Awesome work and video!

Quote: "As we are trying to keep performance as a top priority"

Great idea to make it optional. What kind of a performance hit do you see with the level used?
I\'m sorry. My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
All Downloads are now HERE
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2016 17:01
Looks fantastic!
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2016 19:14 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2016 19:19
@xplosys

Thanks. I've just done some testing and amazingly I'm not getting any performance drop with the effects enabled as shown in the screenshot below, its still 62fps. However I'm using a mid-high range system so I'm sure this won't be the same for everyone.

This implementation of ReShade uses MasterEffect which is a subset of the full framework (using the latest DX9 dll) and has been highly optimized as per the changelog below. The author is not planning to add any more features and I've been careful to only enable ones that are suited to FPSC. If you start switching on lots of effects it will probably start to eat performance fairly quickly.

@seppgirty - Thanks for the feedback and support.
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2016 20:13
@Nomad Soul

Holy-moly! Those are some simply FANTASTIC effects. Words fail me knowing this is still FPSC and it looks that good! Bravo to you and your team good sir!

I can't wait to try these out and get my hands on that updated AI system from the previous post. Are there any updates concerning the AI system? A lighting and graphics system this good coupled with some sharp AI could really give FPSC a fresh edge on Gameguru. I still haven't made the leap thanks to mods like this.

Congrats and thank you for all your hard work! You're an inspiration to us all
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2016 17:33
@Susysyay

Thanks for the comments. It was a nice surprise the get the latest ReShade working in FPSC which has given us a lot of extra toys and features that would have taken months to try and implement.

I've intentionally not done anything more with the bot AI system as I want to release this completely stripped down and see what good AI scripters like you can do with it. Any improvements can then be reintegrated back into the mod.

Also I have now created an installer for the ReShade module which will be added in the tools folder of the next release so it remains optional but very easy to add. It defaults to the FPSC installation directory but you can change the target for built games.
http://www.dabalisticsoftware.com/files/FPSC%20ReShade%20Installer.zip
gomiamiheay6t
Years of Service
User Offline
Very nice job s4real and nomad. With this mod I have been able to actually build some pretty large levels, ones that fpsc used to scoff at and say "nah thats to big, im gonna crash and send you back to desktop now ". Probably has a lot to do with the 0mb lightmapping which really gobbles up memory with larger levels. Just as a note [as my gaming desktop recently took a dump on me] I ran the mod with the HDR with my 2.2ghz intel dual core laptop with only a ati radeon 2600 hd and was averaging 22 fps on pretty decent sized levels. Now if someone were to go overboard with the entities that's a different story lol [averaged 16 fps on a level with 330 static entities and some amount dynamic] so your recommended specs are pretty fair.

But yeah anyways the HD looks awesome, another wonderful thing was the nice list of scripts you guys have compiled. Wish I had something to contribute but since I don't I felt at the least I should drop by and show some appreciation.

Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2016 16:47
Excellent. Thank you.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Hope everyone had a good break over the xmas period .

I'm very busy at the moment so wont be online as much as I like but I thought I just post to make sure everyone knows I'm still about.

best s4real
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2016 23:46
good to hear from you s4real.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2016 15:46
Yeah good to hear from you and hope you had a good holiday too.
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2016 19:49
Hello,

Nice to see you're still around s4real! It's a busy time of year for many. I know it's a little late, but I hope you had a Merry Xmas! You deserve the rest.

Thanks for the mod and looking forward to any updates down the line
Susysyay

Tectonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2016 04:37
@Nomad Mod - I tried to download ReShade but the link does not seem to be working. It looks awesome and would like to try it out very much.

Also, what software are you using to make the screen capture videos? At present I use FRAPS, but the quality is not that good.

Thanks in advance.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 22:38:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 22:38:22