Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / EAImedia "OFFICIAL" TF-341 / Model Pack 53 ***bug reporting and interim fix distribution thread***

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 16:42 Edited at: 8th Jun 2011 19:04
Welcome to the "Official" TF-341 / Model Pack 53 bug reporting and interim fix distribution thread.

USE THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVE A MP53/TF341 BUG.
DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.

Please use this thread to post your pack bugs and bookmark to check for interim fixes. When there is a majority of bugs fixed I will upload replacement files to TGC so the pack can be updated but I do not intend to do this often.

CRASH errors should firstly be reported to TGC via the googlecode project system. http://code.google.com/p/fpscreatorengine/updates/list

Mods and general community please kindly direct new threads or posts you encounter (related to the pack) to this thread. This top post will be updated as I add to it and I don't want to see other artists getting their threads knocked down by MP53 issues. Thanks for your understanding in the meantime as I'm sure new threads will still be popping up though hopefully this will curb that.

I am subscribed to this thread and will keep tabs of it and attempt to respond in a timely manner.

You may also use this threads for general questions about the pack and I will be happy to answer. Feel free to request UV overlay templates for retexturing as well and I will post them up. I will also try to the best of my ability to help people with their MP53 related scripting questions such as using sitting anims, etc. I am also interested in feedback on the default assigned AI behavior. If they do not function "out of the box" as one should expect (given the product page description) please let me know how default behaviors might be improved. I will later be adding some new optional scripts which use the included audio in the 341 audiobank.

Whenever possible use youtube to show a problem and embed in your post.

Known Issues:
-O3SDX knife acts like a gun (fixed in patch 1)
-Character is ghost when spawn from trigger zone(fixed in patch 1- use new tf341_appear2 start scripts when spawn via TZ)
-AIteam5 faction incorrect (fixed in patch 1)
-Crash bug in some levels. Runtime Error 7006 - Object illegal at line 16026 (open, reported on googlecode see Lee's response and bug developments there. its issue #24)
update: for a temporary fix you can look near the bottom of main and shoot scripts and comment out the following:

update2: Hockeykid has fixed it internally so hopefully this bug will be squashed in beta8 without need to remove the script line.
-Character messed up when respawned (open- using a different destroy script helps but the weapon goes missing)

Current Attachment:
MP53_TF341_June8_patch_2.rar
-replaces appear scripts and adds appear2 scripts for use with triggerzone spawning.
-replacement gunspec for O3SDX bayonet weapon.
-replaces pack AND stock ragdoll destroy and throwback scripts for better looking ragdoll deaths (ragdolls earlier and prevents mangled ragdolls).

Thanks!
E

Attachments

Login to view attachments
UberXDominus
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I'm don't really think that this counts as a bug as such, but I'll ask it here anyways, instead of cluttering things up with excess threads.

Anyways, I think I've searched pretty thoroughly, but I'm unable to find numerous of the scripts for the pack. For example, the talking script, the sitting script, the typing script, etc.

How exactly do I go about finding them? Or did they somehow not download with the pack?

Thanks,

Uber
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 17:20 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2011 17:27
@UberXDominus Ive just updated the OP and you will see this is the perfect pace to ask that question...

There are no such scripts included in the pack as there are far too many ways in which the new anims can be used. They are included in the animset as a resource for moderate to advanced users to use in their custom FPI. The TF341_anim_viewer.fpi script allows you to see which anim numbers correspond to the animations for script use. Over time some scripts will be added based on what users commonly desire. So please let me know what kind of sitting script you are looking for. I'm sure the community will also come up with cool new scripts as well and they are welcome to use this thread to share with others the scripts they create.

I have purposefully seperated the shoot script and placed critical variable definitions in the appear scripts so that there is room to modify the main AI with less fear of breaking something. However, with sitting, it's best to make a custom appear script that waits to go to main AI until triggered. Otherwise AI is likely to just sit down on on invisible chairs after combat. So thats why I'm looking for user input as to how they would like to use the new anims.

In the interim, I'm attaching the Pose scripts I used for the promo/teaser pics. Use appear1.fpi as appear script and the appropriate pose script as main AI. These should be used for reference only.

Extract the attached archive to scriptbank\341

Attachments

UberXDominus
Years of Service
User Offline
Great! Thanks a lot man.

Uber
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 17:35
Errant the problem I reported lee knows about correct? he is saying that its my map that causes it. But all my maps do it. And without your soldiers they work good. He wants me to start deleting stuff in my maps.

Putting fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 17:47 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2011 17:48
Yes. There's a likely conflict with another asset and it needs to be identified so the conflict can be resolved correctly. Start by deleting stairs and waypoints and not having the AI spawn so close to the player marker. The characters load on their own (running their default scripts) just fine so its not the char or script directly causing the crash but something indirect related to the level. The TF chars use a lot of new FPI.
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 17:49 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2011 17:52
i attached a screenshot of my problem. When i use a shader i get this lol. If i dont use a shader the character is black, but it works...

if i move my mouse the character also moves

Attachments

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 17:56 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2011 18:11
@ mgarand Was the character simply placed in the map or is that after respawn? Ive seen the same bug in a post showing stock AI character but can't remember where I saw it :S I don't believe this big to be limited to this pack though.

That's just bizarre

Here's where I saw it...

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=180900&b=28
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 18:22
it was simply placed in the map, ah i see, well i have no idea how this happened lol.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Check the google bug database and if there isnt a bug about it already please make a new bug listing so Lee is aware of it. The shader causing it is possibly new and important info. If you can repro with stock media I believe its possible to attach a .fpm to the bug.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 19:13
Ok errant ripped apart my map level by level. Entity by entity. Leaves me with 2 small rooms. With just you and your characters. Some chairs and tables. Uploading this for you. And the google page.

Attachments

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 19:42 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2011 19:45
Soviet176 try this one. I got it to load. you are starting AI too close to an entity. Maybe the door or light or something. I dont know for sure.

Attachments

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 20:09
@Errant

Worked perfectly for me. So something may just be wrong with the engine. Interesting...

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
I think I found the script conflict....

In main and shoot scripts, go towards the bottom and comment out

;//Open Doors
:nearactivatable=0:settarget,activatetarget=2

I commented that line out and the previous map you uploaded was able to load the level. That routine was supposed to allow AI to open doors. So it's probably not the proper fix but it works.
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 20:57
Does it fix the object number error??

Srry about my english im from sweeden
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
fixed Runtime Error 7006 - Object illegal at line 16026 for me on this particular map. I think its just a symptom of a larger issue though. Have to wait to see what Lee can find in the code. It may or may not fix issues in other maps but worth trying I suppose.
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 21:59
Hey, i discoverd an other bug, The characers can't walk thru doors. They just get stuck outside the door

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 22:23
Quote: "The characers can't walk thru doors"
no problems with that, they walk trough them with no problems. Although i think its not a good idea to use too much doors with Ally AI

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hey, i discoverd an other bug, The characers can't walk thru doors. They just get stuck outside the door"

The door must have a correctly named CSG punch. Is it a custom door? Also the snippet that temporarily fixes the crash bug is the script line that allows them to open doors...
Tony06270
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 11:34
[English translation : No mod is compatible with the pack 53? Anyway wasp v2 is not compatible...]

[French : Aucun mod n'est compatible avec le pack 53 ? En tout cas wasp v2 n'est pas compatible...]
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 16:13
I use a door from mp3 and i allso tried it with holez

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 16:26 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2011 16:30
Open the segment .fps file and look for the CSG "punch" mesh name.
If the name does not start with the word "door" the navigation system excludes it. Below is an example that works...

If the CSG mesh is named something like hole_punch.x or warehouse_door_punch.x it will not work.

This can usually be fixed by renaming the punch mesh (so that it follows the correct naming convention) and updating the .fps accordingly, run cleaner, etc. You will probably want to firstly remove the bad doors before you fix them to avoid editor sync issues.

Quote: " No mod is compatible with the pack 53? "

Probably not until 1.18 is out of beta and mod authors have time to update their mods.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 18:10
@Errant AI

I really want to purchase this pack but have a few questions / concerns please:

What is meant by "The door must have a correctly named CSG punch"?

I noticed the AI scripts only work with V118 BETA7 and above. Will there be any legacy support for V117 AI?

Are the character and weapon shaders this pack uses new or stock?

Will any of the characters or weapons be released on the TGC store?

How much can we purchase the biped files for? It could be a great way to breathe new life into older characters.

Can you upload a video showing how the enemy AI and ally AI work?

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 19:06 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2011 19:07
@nomad

The DarkAI system only recognizes the GSC punches (Doors, windows ect) with the word Door in it. Other wise the AI system ignores.

Probably not as Errant said that there were new things added in 1.18B7 that did not exist in 1.17.

I believe they use the stock PS2.0 shaders.

No, as of now Errant has said that later additions such as "Spetsnaz, snow camo, sci-fi ect" will be added to the GCS. And the new guns he is making will also be on the GCS. This pack as far as he said will not make it on the sotre.

As far as I know Errant said he was not releasing the biped files. Don't know about this one. Maybe it was not for the max files.

You can see a video on his youtube channel. Though its the same as the old AI. The appear script goes with his AI appear script. Main with his main script. And shoot with his shoot script.

@Errant

Seems hockeykid fixed the problem. He is a good man

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@Soviet176 Yeah he is a good man indeed
You beat me to the punch here with my lazy brain lol but since I had already typed it out I'll basically just parrot what you posted and I suppose elaborate a bit

Quote: "What is meant by "The door must have a correctly named CSG punch"?"

It means that the CSG punch (the mesh that is used to cut the opening in the segment wall) must have it's name start with "door" or else it gets thrown out of the DAI pathfinding system. This is for any DAI and not only ths pack and is detailed in the addendium.rtf in your docs folder...

It's a simple process. For example, I was able to make the metro theater lobby double-doors compliant in a couple minutes by renaming the punch and changing the segment .fps to suit.

Quote: "I noticed the AI scripts only work with V118 BETA7 and above. Will there be any legacy support for V117 AI?"

None will be provided. You can either use the older stock DAI scripts or edit the included ones to purge all the new fpi instructions. TF341 AI executes special maneuvers in combat such as backing to cover while laying down suppressive fire to discourage pursuit. That move in particular is not possible prior to B7 because of lack of new fpi commands for setting rotation angle and such.

Perhaps more important than legacy script support is that the models do not provide legacy hitbox support. Without the new pixel-perfect hit detection via the new limb feature, the characters have a larger than normal default hitbox area because they are exported in the T-pose at animation frame zero. This makes it all too easy to hit both enemies and allies alike and degrades gameplay.

Quote: "Are the character and weapon shaders this pack uses new or stock?"

They are new stock as of 1.17. The characters use a great ps2.0 shader made by bond1 called "skinning_norm_spec.fx". It's a great shader that has nice normalmapping and is capable of being very matte in appearance and supporting color spec maps. The weapons use the upgraded ps2.0 "bumpent.fx" which really isn't anything too special.

Quote: "Will any of the characters or weapons be released on the TGC store?"

No. There will be others which use the same animations but they will be different models. The sole exception is the M249 which was already in the store and drafted into the pack. The store listing will be updated to the new specifications and an alternate bonus version will be included in the download as compensation to those who already paid 450 points for it.

Quote: "How much can we purchase the biped files for? It could be a great way to breathe new life into older characters."

Currently they are not for side-sale although you can probably rerig in fragmotion though it would not be as easy as having the biped. After the pack has had a chance to do its thing for a while I will reconsider the option.

Quote: "Can you upload a video showing how the enemy AI and ally AI work?"

I will try to do that next week. My HDDs are all pretty much maxed right now and I need to figure out what to toss or keep. All I can really say is that the default AI is designed to be drag and drop friendly with enemies putting up a good fight and allies (once discovered) will follow the player around without any input as long as the player doesn't leave them in the dust. They're designed to behave more like equals rather than subordinates so if you do something crazy don't expect them to follow you to their death. I find it works pretty well if the designer wants to reign in the tendency of players running through a map in 30 seconds. There are included some alternate Main AI for patrolling waypoints and there are six factions pre-set in the appear scripts. There are additional AI scripts in development do be included with the post-1.18 update and I will likely start putting some of those through a beta process next week. They will include better tuned hit detection reactions, use audio effects and an have alternate version for more loyal allies who will follow the player against their better judgement.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 22:51
@Errant

hehe I can imagine trying to update everything and stay on top of the thread mixed in with real life can be a pain. So I figured we could help you out as best we could. For the late comers.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Soviet- You have my appreciation. Thanks
Websfera
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi.

There is a problem with stair. When Allies following me and I go up/downstairs they stuck on upper or lower layer, follow only on their layer

--
Regards
Marek
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2011 14:17 Edited at: 4th Feb 2011 14:25
@Websfera

Quote: "There is a problem with stair. When Allies following me and I go up/downstairs they stuck on upper or lower layer, follow only on their layer"

You need to span the staircase with linked waypoints.

Please refer to addenduim.rtf in FPS Creator\Docs for important information about getting stairs and doors to work properly:

Quote: "Getting Characters To Climb Stairs
Now your character is running around happily, you will soon realise they are not following you up and down stairs as the original characters once did. This default behaviour was intended, allowing you control over whether characters could follow you into new sections of your level. Granting the ability of characters to move up and down stairs is relatively simple by following the steps below:
1. Follow the steps outlined in ‘Getting Characters To Think’ to create a simple A vs E level
2. Click Add New Segment and select SCIFI / PLATFORMS / STAIRCASE METAL
3. Add a staircase in the centre of the level floor you created earlier
4. Move up one layer by pressing the PLUS [+] key and then select the GROUND segment
5. Paint a second floor that meets the top of the staircase with enough room to run around
6. Now click the ‘Create New Waypoint’ icon (third from the right in the toolbar)
7. This will create a waypoint node. Click and hold the node and drag it to the centre of the segment that meets the top of the staircase (do not place it right on the edge at the top of the stairs as you want the node to represent the floor segment, not the staircase)
8. Hold down SHIFT key and then left click on the node you just dragged
9. It will create a second node linked to the first. As before, click and hold this second node and then (without releasing the left mouse button), press the MINUS [-] key.
10. Whilst still dragging the second node, position it in the centre of the segment that represents the bottom of the stairs (not on the stairs, or below the stairs, but the floor segment that the player would stand on once they have fully descended the stairs)
11. Now click the test game, recruit the ally (by pressing G) and run up the stairs. Your ally should follow you, and if the enemy catches sight of you, so should he!"

The above is for the stock Dark AI scripts but the same general principle applies.

Attachments

Ikey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2011 15:41 Edited at: 4th Feb 2011 16:17
The walking animation doesn't really seem to work that well.
They start moving, and a couple of seconds later, the legs move, slower than they do. They can also walk/shoot through doors

The muzzle flash sometimes doesn't stay with the gun either. I'll post a vid, but hypercam messes up the framerate, etc, so yeah.

VID

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPiokwQ_kRQ

Thanks, Ikey

SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Great thanks for the info all of you to make this a great pack!! long may it continue
mickeyb
Years of Service
User Offline
Just trying out this stuff.
Problem i placed an unarmed enemy and in test if you go up to them
they crouch down and back away when they stop you can still
hear the footsteps.
That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2011 21:16
Errant,

I am using your models to build a 3D scene in 3DWS, but I cannot load your .x files directly into 3DWS. When I attempt to it gives me an error. "not an ascii x file" , I know it IS in fact an .x file. I am able to fix this by importing the models into fragmotion then exporting them from there again as .x files. After this they load into 3DWS just fine.

Are you aware of why I could be having this problem? (perhaps some sort of unorthodox modeling or animation you had to do for fpsc?) It isn't really a huge deal, I am just concerned that it may give me some other problems in the future.

I went ahead and tested stock models from FPSC, some of them worked and some of them had to be imported and exported back through fragmotion before I could use them in 3DWS.

Oh, and just so you know, I am not going to redistribute your models or anything... just toying around with making 3D Scenes for fly throughs for cut-scenes and may have a go at some animations to record for cut-scenes as well.

Uhh, I guess all in all my question is, do you think the error I am getting initially , "not an ascii x file" , beofre import / export from frag' will creep back up to bite me later, from what I have told you I want to accomplish.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the new bug reports guys. I'll be going through these this weekend to try to separate which are pack issues and which are FPSC issues.

@That Guy John- the .x files are binary, not ascii. It's an export option which reduces file footprint at the cost of reduced compatibility with some programs which can only read ascii .x. Going with ascii .x files would have made the pack about 500MB larger. If ultimately you are only using 3DWS for cut-scenes I'd go ahead and do the fragmotion reexport but don't overwrite the originals because you're likely to loose some quality in the process.

@mickeyb- Setting to always active in the editor helps this sometimes especially if there are more than three AI that need to be active at once. I'll look into trying to manage the footfalls via .fpi.

@Ikey - What is your normal FPS and PC specs? This is likely because your FPS is so low and the way Dark AI has to run condition checks to know every time they've stopped and started moving, etc. to determine what anim to play. If FPS falls below about 27 you are likely to see these sort of problems begin to appear and get progressively worse as the FPS drops. Dark AI works best with auto-doors. There has been a longstanding FPSC issue with DAI and locked doors which I think needs to be addressed on TGC's end.
littlerichard
Years of Service
User Offline
Hope I am not going to sound stupid or something by saying this, but under the TGA website tabs, (Game Development> FPS Creator x10> Model Packs x10) it states that you can use TF341 with x10. However, once you click the picture/link to go to the description page, at the bottom of tha page it states in big red letters,

Quote: "Please note this product is NOT compatible with FPS Creator X10.

This product requires FPS Creator v1.18 or higher. Available from here
"

So, is the model pack compatible with x10 or not? I don't really want to spend $40+ on something that won't work with my program...

Oh, and ErrantAi, This pack look bloody brilliant! You have outdone yourself with awesomeness!

It would just be a shame to not be able to use it.

Regards,
Little Richard
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2011 03:28 Edited at: 5th Feb 2011 03:29
@littlerichard - the pack will NOT work "out of the box" in X10 and will not work "as advertised" in X10. It really won't even work correctly in X9 versions earlier than 1.18 Beta 7.

I will contact TGC and let them know it's showing up there. It should be omitted from that list in the same way MP52 has been omitted. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Technically the models can likely load in X10 but the scripts will not work and the functionality of weapons will be greatly reduced. Hence the big red text. Maybe someday you'll come to the X9 dark-side
littlerichard
Years of Service
User Offline
Errant AI Thanks for the help man, x10 ihas been giving me alot of problems lately. A conversion to the 'dark side' seems likely...

Regards,
Little Richard
Ikey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2011 11:26 Edited at: 5th Feb 2011 12:47
@ErrantAI

Thanks. Honestly, it's likely my laptop.
I'm not even going to post my specs, because their actually awful. xD I didn't even know it was possible to get that many FPS... My highest ever FPS is eight... In a one square, one room map...

Thank god it's my birthday - getting half the cash toward my new PC .

About the doors, I agree. It's not just Dark AI that they have problems with, though, lighting and collision have problems too...
I might just start making my doors ready-open and static.

JS, they work perfectly on waypoints. I might try and code a system for the waypoints that they follow them, clear the area, then follow to the next, instead of patrolling or following you.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@Soviet176- I've just tested in beta 8 and the crash issue seems resolved when using the original scripts. If you get a moment can you please verify the fix and make a note of it on the issues board? Lee needs fix confirmation from whoever opened bug #24.

@Ikey- I need to do some hardware upgrading myself so don't feel bad
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2011 16:16 Edited at: 7th Feb 2011 16:18
Firstly, great pack.. I love the ai scripts, very well thought out.

A couple of bugs which may be beta related.

The combat knife flashes up what looks like a block animation when you put it away or try to swap weapons.

Sometimes the character seem to fall through the universe. I'll admit I haven't seen this happen, just that the characters suddenly are no longer there, so I'm assuming this is what has happened.

Lastly, just a comment if I may. It would have been nice if the character models had been compatiable with bond1's shadow shader, in fact this should really be the case with all future characters as I'm sure many people would find it useful.

Otherwise, a truly excellent job.

http://jimjamsgames.yolasite.com
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@Scene Commander

I just checked the knife in beta8 and it appears to be working fine. Did you get the gunspec replacement from the attachment in the first post of this thread and did you run cleaner after the replacement?

There are some pretty odd things going on in beta8 regarding the characters being able to pass through walls. It's pretty hit and miss and I don't have steps to repro it reliably. The way to check for this is to go into wire frame mode and look for the vweap and blob shadow outside the map. If you find a way to reproduce this bug predictably, please make an issue report on the google project issues board and post it here as well with .fpm.

This pack was in production well before the shader ever hit the scene. I don't own MP52 so I have no idea how it works. Down the road from now I plan to buy dark shader and MP52. With any luck there will be a way to integrate the two and provide instructions for those who own MP52 how to edit the shader for compatibility. Maybe someday we'll get real stencil shadows in x9. I'd also like to see if I can figure out how to add illumination maps for weapons in dark shader because the weapons look really cool in PBUM using the PB shaders but there isn't an equivalent weapon shader for stock.

Anyhow thanks for he comments and feedback. If you encounter more issues please let me know!
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I just checked the knife in beta8 and it appears to be working fine. Did you get the gunspec replacement from the attachment in the first post of this thread and did you run cleaner after the replacement?"

I had run the cleaner, but didn't see the replacement file. I'll try that. Thanks

Quote: "There are some pretty odd things going on in beta8 regarding the characters being able to pass through walls"

Since posting, I've noticed that.

Quote: "I'd also like to see if I can figure out how to add illumination maps for weapons in dark shader because the weapons look really cool in PBUM using the PB shaders but there isn't an equivalent weapon shader for stock."

It wasn't a critisim as such, just a comment. And yes, better weapon shaders would be excellent in the long run.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It wasn't a critisim as such, just a comment. And yes, better weapon shaders would be excellent in the long run."

No worries, I didn't take it as anything other than a future suggestion type comment. Apologies if it seemed otherwise.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Just to say, that the new gunspec works perfectly thank you. I should have read the thread more throughly..

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2011 19:12
When the enemies spawn, their guns seem to appear on the floor. The allies work fine for that matter, but the enemies have their guns laying on the floor. I don't do much shooter games, so I don't know if this is just for these chars, but it still happens... :/ And don't want to make pointless threads about it

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2011 19:26 Edited at: 7th Feb 2011 19:28
@Metal Devil123
try it with the 341\appear\TF341_Appear2_TeamX_DEFAULT.fpi scripts in the attachment on the first post of this thread (needed for spawning on activation). You may also need to use a standard destroy script like corpse_fadeout if you are using respawning character because I think ragdoll and respawning don't work well together causing the ghost gun on floor issue. Thanks for your report!

edit... very interesting that team1 is ok but team2 is not :/
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2011 07:50
Quote: "try it with the 341\appear\TF341_Appear2_TeamX_DEFAULT"

Yes, I used Appear2_Team2_DEFAULT script.
Quote: "You may also need to use a standard destroy script like corpse_fadeout if you are using respawning character because I think ragdoll and respawning don't work well together causing the ghost gun on floor issue. Thanks for your report!"

Oh, thanks, I'll try it out! Thanks, you're the best.

spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok here is what im experiancing in my map. first of all im using v1.118 beta 8
i have removed all my existing ww2 characters and inserted 3 x TF341_01A_3 characters. Upon starting my game one of the enemy is shooting through a wall at me, not sure how to fix that yet!
2nd thing is that when i try to walk up steps i walk strait through them, so i then tried to jump onto them to see if that would work, then my character gets stuck, ( Cant jump or Duck or even move in any direction ) But i can look around/Veiw on mouse rotation.
Just to mention I have not modified any scripts to this pack or even to FPSC.
And also my game work fine with WW2 of FPSC stock characters.

By the way the charcaters look brill very nice work
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2011 13:44 Edited at: 8th Feb 2011 13:48
@spudnick You'll have to be a little patient with things because beta=bugs and beta 8 is definitely not something you can make a proper game with...

The problem with characters going trough walls is new in beta 8 and should be fixed in beta 9. There is also a beta 8 problem with the muzzleflash effect being offset which causes a lot of issues with this pack. It may be a good idea to keep up with the 1.18 beta thread starting with the last 2 or 3 pages. It will let you know what sort of bugs are happening.

The 2nd issue is because you must add a pair of connected waypoint lines at the top and bottom of stairs for dark AI to be able to use stairs. Please read this.

edit: I missread a little... What stairs are you using that you can walk through? Sounds like another beta 8 issue... Theres multiple current problems with collision.

Thanks
SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Entities goign through walls and falling out of levels has always been an issue with FPSC - If you pick up an entity and throw it at a wall segment about 30% of the time it will go through the wall and leave the level.

Also if you have mean melee entities attacking you they can also push you through segments and out of the level.

This has happened to me numerous times but there is no rhyme or reason to it.......not that I have found anyway.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 23:59:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 23:59:38