Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / NVIDIA Prize Justice!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 15:51
With me personally, I didn't actually enter the competition, though I was planning to. I have a certain loyalty to TGC, I bought DBC v1.09 years ago and have followed the company as it has grown. But lately I have to admit I've just lost interest in the product - lack up updates, people saying things are happening but they never do, and now this.

I'm dissapointed with TGC for not buying the winners prizes out of their own pocket within a *few weeks* after realising nvidia weren't handing over the prizes. It's not TGC's fault nvidia didn't come up with the prizes (Though in hindsight they should have been in possesion of the prizes beforehand), but I don't know why tgc are still trying to chase nvidia up over this - why, after 6 months or however long it's been, will they suddenly hand over the goods?. TGC should just cough up the prizes from their own money, perhaps chuck in some extra software as compensation for the delay, and learn from the mistakes made, rather than dragging this out and just creating more and more ill feeling towards the company.

[center]
Dell XPS M1210 12.1" | 2Ghz Duo Core | 2GB DDR2 Ram | 100GB HD | 256MB Geforce Go 7400
RalphY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 15:54
If the mods really wanted to stop this from dropping of the first page they could always sticky it

I have to admit I'm suprised this hasn't been resolved yet.

Oh boy! Sleep! That's when I'm a Viking! | Super Nintendo Chalmers!
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 16:05
To bring it back on topic, here's my contribution from an earlier post which Daniel conveniently ignored:

"Daniel TGC

Quote: "I honestly don't remember ever seeing his DinoHunter game, it's not in the competition archive backups on my system. But if there was some kind of screw up on that particular issue the blame lays firmly with me, and not TGC. I've explained this to GatorHex before but he won't listen.
"

It's obvious from all the evidence that has been posted - and you've posted nothing to the contrary - that there HAS indeed been a screw-up with the DinoHunter game. In which case, in your words, you, i.e. TGC since you are working for them, are to blame and you should get his voucher sorted out. Why on earth should GatorHex be satisfied with mere explanations? It can't be that big a deal to send it to him, surely?

[Edit: A good place to start is GatorHex's post recorded as "Posted: 1st Jun 2007 11:31 Edited: 1st Jun 2007 12:07" on this thread.]

I, among others, managed to play his game and I would really like to know why he didn't get his voucher - or are there thousands of similar cock-ups so TGC doesn't want to set a precedent?"
Robin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 16:14
Good point RalphY, mods should just sticky this

[center]
Dell XPS M1210 12.1" | 2Ghz Duo Core | 2GB DDR2 Ram | 100GB HD | 256MB Geforce Go 7400
David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 16:52 Edited at: 21st Dec 2007 16:52
The funny thing is, we've got threads like this being constantly bumped - with trash by mods. And then the mods wonder why there's loads of trash appearing elsewhere on the forums

If you make rules, at least follow them. I don't care if this trash is apparently keeping the thread bumped, at least use it to add productive, useful information, not off topic piles of turd. And, as mentioned earlier, sticky it if that really is the reason for the constant bumping.

09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63-56-88-c0
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 17:25
Quote: "The funny thing is, we've got threads like this being constantly bumped - with trash by mods."

Yeah... loads of threads, just like this, eh?

Quote: "And then the mods wonder why there's loads of trash appearing elsewhere on the forums "

All of us mods should take a week off. I think it would change your point of view. We'll make sure that you keep your posting habits at the same standard that you are keeping everyone else to.

I think it is time for all mods to quit posting in this thread all together. We would LIKE to see the solution resolved but we don't "work" for TGC. There is nothing that the mods can do. I'm not going to sit here and watch people take their frustrations out on the mods though. If the subject keeps going off topic, then I'll just "follow the rules" and lock the thread.

a.k.a WOLF!
Samoz83
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 17:30
you could sticky it theres something instead of having to bump it all the time

www.firelightstudio.co.uk
Robin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 17:33 Edited at: 21st Dec 2007 17:34
Well, it was the mods who were bringing it off topic. but anyway....

People aren't having a go at the mods, we're having a go at TGC, and as these are the TGC forums, and hence the main point of contact with TGC staff (though there does seem to be a lack of input on TGC's behalf), it is of course the correct place to be posting about it. And especially after so long, people are fully justified in bringing the matter to the 'publics' attention rather than continuing to try and sort things out privately.

[center]
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 17:49
Quote: "The funny thing is, we've got threads like this being constantly bumped - with trash by mods. And then the mods wonder why there's loads of trash appearing elsewhere on the forums

If you make rules, at least follow them."

In the AUP I saw no requirement to ask your damn permission before I post.
Nobody checks in every day to see how you want things done.
And you could have e-mailed a moderator(s) or TGC support but that wouldn't get you the attention you want.
If we didn't care we could have locked,deleted or ignored this thread and the issue involved.But we didn't.
Alienating those that are trying to help you is not going to help the cause.I said it earlier...if you turn on each other you are accomplishing the opposite of what you are setting out to do...

For the record Wolfenstein 3D kicks ass...
On the off topic train as well now...

Please have mercy and use the search function.
El Goorf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 18:38 Edited at: 21st Dec 2007 18:40
Quote: "you could sticky it theres something instead of having to bump it all the time"

aye, stick this thread on the mantlepiece for all to see until something gets done. for better results, dont argue it here. its been a year now so its obvious that sadly no one cares. take it to other forums. custom PC magazine's forums for example, get it hot in the press for all to see, not just other TGC'ers, who already get the picture.

http://notmybase.com
All my base are not belong to anyone.
Robin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 18:42
How many times....We're having a go at TGC, not the mods!
As has been pointed out, the mods do not work for TGC. I guess the only thing they can do for the forum members in this situation is to notify the people who do work for TGC about the unrest regarding this situation, which has already been done.

Where is Rick with another of his bi-monthly updates on the situation? maybe the mods have more influence and can ask him to post an update in this thread so everybody can be informed of what is happening?

[center]
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 19:56
Merry Christmas Rick! Good will to all men eh?

Robin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 20:11 Edited at: 21st Dec 2007 20:12
Daniel....your sarcastic comments aren't really helpful. TGC Support? hmmm

besides, it's not like it should be news to him.

[center]
Wehtam_
User Deleted
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 20:38
Things are getting a little heated here (i'm guilty myself), so I would like to reassure the situation with a little update. Rick and I have been exchanging mails and it appears that wheels are beginning to turn in the right direction.

So fingers crossed we'll be able to close this thread for the right reasons

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 22:35 Edited at: 21st Dec 2007 22:35
Quote: "Rick and I have been exchanging mails and it appears that wheels are beginning to turn in the right direction."

Like they were turning three months ago? .

I'll believe it when I see it.

HeavyAmp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 05:46
This is an important thread compared to a lot of the other threads on this board and it keeps getting buried. I think a sticky would be a good Idea.

Better to be dead, than to live your life afraid.
DB PROgrammer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 09:09
Well, after reading this thread which took me about an hour, I have come to a conclusion.

NVIDIA Sucks!!!

I would think that NVIDIA would have done somthing about this but it seems like they just don't care. I feel sorry for all of you who havn't got your prizes as I know its alot of hard work to make somthing half as good as you entered. So until somone good at it comes around I made a sig to show that your not happy with NVIDIA. As for TGC I think there just stuck between a wall and well... another one.

David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 12:37
Which ever mod slapped me (presumably in this thread), can you please at least explain who you are and why you have slapped me?

Otherwise I will have to assume that this slap is some kind of pseudo-censorship of this issue or something

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 13:43
Maybe going off topic a bit is the only way to lighten the mood of this thread - because seriously, it was getting to the point where we would have to lock it. We're determined not to do that until it's resolved, or more likely let it drop with no need for a lock.

We mods have no desire to censor anyones views here, the bottom line is that we feel the same way, if there was anything we could do to improve the situation then we'd have done so already.

less is more, but if less is more how you keeping score?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 15:46
David R, a mod put you on 1 day's moderation in the hope that you would contribute in a less offensive manner:

3.12 We do not tolerate 'trolling', the process of posting inflamatory messages for the sake of starting an argument, or being plain obnoxious.

As has already been said, a lot of comments have been made here that could have had the thread locked. It could, and normally would have been locked long before a minor discussion about a handful of games. So please keep the insults out of the thread and appreciate the fact that the community is being allowed to express their dismay at the way things have turned out.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 16:04
Sorry; I don't look at this thread much anymore, so I missed your post Dave.

Steve gave you the reason that I slapped you for a single day. If you have an issue with it, my e-mail button is below this block of text.

-Keith

David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 16:18
That is a patently ridiculous reasoning, and I have indeed emailed you regarding this.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 16:50
E-mail received and sent.

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 21:31
Quote: "E-mail received and sent."

Good. Let's hope things calm down a bit.

Now what about GatorHex's voucher - surely that IS in TGC's hands?

Come on Daniel TGC, let us know why you can't give it to him. He certainly deserved it.
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 22:32 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2007 22:33
The following message I am about to type is in no way meant to start an argument.

[post not meant to flame]

I agree with Dark Coder. I would add my name to the boycott list, but I have no need or want whatsoever for FPSCx10, so there's thus no need to add my name to the list. But you guys can't put the blame on NVIDIA. NVIDIA has always made what I consider to be the best graphics cards. I will still continue to buy from them because it is TGC who I think is wrong here, 100% wrong.

I keep hearing a lot of what they should have done, or that some wheels are turning every few months...that means....a lot... What wheels are there to turn? Buy the stinkin prizes and ship them out. If it has to come straight from Lee's pocket, that's how it should be. What should be done is, a deadline should be set...1 week from now, and if TGC hasn't sent emails to the winners confirming that the shipments have been made, along with a tracking code, we should just forget this thread. How long has it been since the contest? At this rate, by the time the wheels finaly finish turning people will be joking about the speed of Geforce 8800 cards.

[/post not meant to flame]

[joke]
I say the winners should buy the computers they wanted, and if TGC somehow in someway DOES end up sending you your prizes, you can sell them or do SLI.
[/joke]

n008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 23:00
I would like to point out that my name is on the list for DX10 products, not all of TGC and nVidia's products.

Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 13:26 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2007 13:29
@Uncle Sam: Great plan, sir! SLI all the way!!! Woot!

I would also want to point out that i put my name in the list specifically for the FPSCX10... Since i'm not interested to that product at all... =o=

Edit: Don't forget the voucher...

Your signature has been erased by a mod due to something i don't really care... I'm unwanted anyway!!!
n008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 18:25
How hard is it to just send the man his voucher? Hmm? A button click or two?

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 18:55
Quote: "How hard is it to just send the man his voucher?"

It seems to be quite tricky.
Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 19:51
Can we make two lists? FPSCx10 and an Nvidia list? It could be confusing if we leave it the same.

n008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 20:02
Well, I can only say im boycotting DX10, because I won't be getting Vista... And I have no intention of buying FPSC ever... So...

Samoz83
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 23:05 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2007 23:12
Nvidia Boycott List:
1. Keo C
2. Insert Name Here
3. Demons Breath
4. n008
5. Benjamin A
6. Robin
7. Slow Programmer
8. Darkcoder

FPSC X10 Boycott List:
1. Mike Inel
2. Keo C
3. Robin
4. Slow Programmer
5. Darkcoder

I think i got everyone copy, paste and add (or remove if i got it wrong) your name if i include you didn't

It's very confusing to work out which is which

www.firelightstudio.co.uk
Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 23:06
Nvidia Boycott List:
1. Keo C
2. Insert Name Here
3. Demons Breath
4. n008
5. Benjamin A
6. Robin
7. Slow Programmer
8. Darkcoder

FPSC X10 Boycott List:
1. Mike Inel
2. Robin
3. Slow Programmer
4. Darkcoder

n008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 23:11
Nvidia Boycott List:
1. Keo C
2. Insert Name Here
3. Demons Breath
4. n008 (x10 cards)
5. Benjamin A
6. Robin
7. Slow Programmer
8. Darkcoder

FPSC X10 Boycott List:
1. Mike Inel
2. Robin
3. Slow Programmer
4. Darkcoder
5. n008 (I never intended to anyways... )

SirFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 10:55
It's been a very long while since I last posted on this forum, and I've only just now spent an eternity reading this whole thread, and it makes me sick what injustice has occured in regards to the winners not getting what was promised, or even anything at all.

Please give Gatorhex his darn voucher.

And TGC, I'm sorry to say it but you should just pony up the prizes by WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY and fast. This was your compo, you are a bona-fide company with responsibilites to make good on your claims, regardless of the failure of your affiliates. If you have to buy the goods out-of-pocket, you can sort out reimbersment from ATI at your leisure and let these folks who've been waiting all-to-patiently breathe a sigh of relief.

Everyone will applaud you for doing the right thing and it might restore faith in TGC and competitions. I doubt it will restore any faith in Nvidia.

Nvidia Boycott List:
1. Keo C
2. Insert Name Here
3. Demons Breath
4. n008 (x10 cards)
5. Benjamin A
6. Robin
7. Slow Programmer
8. Darkcoder
9. SirFire

FPSC X10 Boycott List:
1. Mike Inel
2. Robin
3. Slow Programmer
4. Darkcoder
5. n008

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 13:44
Well if we're gonna do this properly...

Nvidia Boycott List:
1. Keo C
2. Insert Name Here
3. Demons Breath
4. n008 (x10 cards)
5. Benjamin A
6. Robin
7. Slow Programmer
8. Darkcoder
9. SirFire

FPSC X10 Boycott List:
1. Mike Inel
2. Robin
3. Slow Programmer
4. Darkcoder
5. n008

Brussel Sprout Boycott List:
1. Van-B

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 13:45
I am boycotting your boycott Van B.

Brussel Sprout Boycott Boycott List:
1. Benjamin

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 13:54
Stupidity Boycott list:
1.Insert Name Here.

Hah. That beats both of your boycotts.

Sudoku arts, the rabi and Nancy DrewG
Robin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 14:02
heh...and people can't complain if mods are bringing this off topic?...

[center]
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 14:10
Quote: "..and people can't complain if mods are bringing this off topic?..."

My justification is... whatever the mods said.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 14:15
I think I see the irony in Van-Bs post. You see, people are boycotting things they are admitting they would have never bought anyway.

Of course, Van B may just have had too good a time at the works party, and I may be seeing irony where it was never intended to be found. He may actually like Brussel Sprouts.
David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 14:32
Quote: "and people can't complain if mods are bringing this off topic?"

Funny thing is, the mods have now given everyone else in the thread the perfect excuse; we're keeping the thread bumped and near the top

Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 14:56
BanV! You know that sprouts are a Chritmas tradition!

Sudoku arts, the rabi and Nancy DrewG
Robin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 15:02
I see Daniel TGC is online *waves to attract attention* post an update or something...

[center]
n008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 15:46
I still want to know what kind of hassling process it is to send GatorHex his voucher!!

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 17:45
Brussel Sprout Boycott Boycott List:
1. Benjamin
2. Green Gandalf

Quote: "I still want to know what kind of hassling process it is to send GatorHex his voucher!!"

So do I.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 19:45
I think your right Batvink, but I was afraid to be too obvious in case they boycott irony, humour, opinions, and mods here .

If you can't laugh because of the seriousness of this thread, then people should consider what is important on xmas freaking eve. I knew at least one person would complain about such an unfunny and un-feeling post, at least most people can put things in perspective.

n008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 19:48
Microsoft Vienna Boycott list:

N008

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 21:13
well, for me the important thing on Christmas eve is deciding what movie I'm going to see and what Chinese food I'm going to eat tomorrow.

...I still want to know when the next major compo is...

Superman wears Chuck Norris PJ's
HeavyAmp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2007 22:54
VanB is right its kinda pointless saying, I was never going to purchase the software anyway so add my name to the list.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Better to be dead, than to live your life afraid.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 03:04:28
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 03:04:28