Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Free Source Release: Lemur V2 Latest Build

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know it wouldn't be easy to put dynamic entities in MP, but what about trigger zones. It would be cool to have a heal zone at a base and a hurt zone in areas you don't want the player to go in MP maps.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2008 21:02
I think thats already possible...

[img]
[/img] Check out the Elite OPS Terrorstike thread in the showcase.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Will Lemur work in the 2.0 version of FPSC?"

This is something we cant say and with the changes going into v2 its prob not going too.

best s4

butyouman
Years of Service
User Offline
So when lemur v2 coming out im totally gana buy it

Jfac rules
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2008 21:58
Lee has told me that he wants to keep the source code as open as possible...meaning you have to ge the plug-ins necessary to compile it.
He also wanted me to let anyone who is modding the source code (such as Urlforce,Plystire,s4real and Airslide) to send him the modifications you have made along with the documentation to implement them.
When I told Lee about all of the cool things you guys were doing to the source code he wanted to check them out.
It may be easier for him to implement your modifications into the source code than for him to have to do it from scratch.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2008 22:02
Quote: "Lee has told me that he wants to keep the source code as open as possible...meaning you have to ge the plug-ins necessary to compile it.
He also wanted me to let anyone who is modding the source code (such as Urlforce,Plystire,s4real and Airslide) to send him the modifications you have made along with the documentation to implement them.
When I told Lee about all of the cool things you guys were doing to the source code he wanted to check them out.
It may be easier for him to implement your modifications into the source code than for him to have to do it from scratch.
"

Url force, remember...Lee-mur

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "When I told Lee about all of the cool things you guys were doing to the source code he wanted to check them out.
It may be easier for him to implement your modifications into the source code than for him to have to do it from scratch."

Sounds good, but does that mean we won't be able to charge for lemur?

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2008 22:36
Fred beat me to it. Lee emailed me asking about the commands people wanted (fixed) for FPSC (See the scripts board). I asked if TGC would consider paying you guys something (I suggested around $500) if you would let him implement your mod. I'm sure he wouldn't argue with free if you guys felt like giving it away to the community. He hasn't got back to me yet. Has he said anything to you Fred?
*Slayer_2

[img]
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
I honestly don't mind giving it free, its just we all have spent countless hours on it... But if giving it away means it gets used- so be it. I will have to talk to everyone on the team. Last time we talked about this subject we voted YES to charge for it. If lee wants the code thats fine with me, but if we could be "treated" for our work, it would make it only better.

game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
I just checked. Trigger, Heal, Hurt, and Sound zones don't work in MP

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2008 22:51 Edited at: 29th Jan 2008 22:54
Quote: "But if giving it away means it gets used- so be it."
Used, you're joking right? This makes X10 look like FPSC V1 Anyone who doesn't get it, especially if its an official update is nuts! The MP updates are crazy enough but the stuff Airslide and Plystrine have added are out of even X10. Sorry for the rant. Just wanted you to know how good this mod is I suggest you guys call a powwow and discus it, then contact Lee if you want. Maybe they would give you some kind of well-deserved reward too, but I'm not sure.
*Slayer_2
P.S.
Quote: "I just checked. Trigger, Heal, Hurt, and Sound zones don't work in MP"
Did you add them in SP then change the map to MP? If not they won't work. MP is finicky at best in FPSC. It doesn't even work on my wireless internet. You shouldn't post here about it BTW.

[img]
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It doesn't even work on my wireless internet"

Works on mine.. You should have seen the way I test multiplayer stuff... 4 wireless laptops and one old desktop computer lol.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2008 22:59
Dang, I hate Linksys now. Maybe I'm not doing something right but all my other MP games work fine. Comparing FPSC to other games, bad Slayer. Got to stop doing that, until Lemur anyhow Do you Airslide, Plystrine, S4 and some one else meet IRL and blow each other up? Or do you run between PC's playing by yourself

[img]
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Well since my "calling card" part of Lemur is the MP stuff I'd have to say I did most of the testing playing by myself- so I could be sure all the settings were the same, etc. But we meet up every now and then on a server and do some fraggin. Awhile ago we did a 2v1 team deathmatch, it was S4real and rolfy versus me and well, i won

game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2008 23:04 Edited at: 29th Jan 2008 23:05
Sorry, I posted it here so that they could put it on their list of things to consider along with explosive weapons in MP.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2008 23:07
Quote: "Well since my "calling card" part of Lemur is the MP stuff I'd have to say I did most of the testing playing by myself- so I could be sure all the settings were the same, etc. But we meet up every now and then on a server and do some fraggin. Awhile ago we did a 2v1 team deathmatch, it was S4real and rolfy versus me and well, i won "
Ouch, bet you made use of the Lemur taunts then, hope you had one along the lines of "So owned!" game freak16, I would love that too, but I doubt it. First you would have to make every player se every other players actions, their bullet holes, blood, door opening. From there on it would be easy. I think...
*Slayer_2

[img]
game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
I know but I threw it out there just in case cause it is not impossible. Who would have ever thought x9 would have water currents.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2008 23:27
Who would have thought it would have water!?!? It's not impossible, nothing is with the right amount of work, but you have to consider whether it would run well and if you can spare the time for it.

[img]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 00:30 Edited at: 30th Jan 2008 00:35
Quote: "Lee has told me that he wants to keep the source code as open as possible...meaning you have to ge the plug-ins necessary to compile it.
"

AWESOME! I assume he's planning to incoperate our changes in an official release? That would be great - I've already carefully documented all my changes, they're just waiting to be zipped up and put in his inbox

EDIT: Just now actually read everything

Anyways, I think it would be great to have our changes in FPSC. If we don't get a treat for it (TGC voucher, maybe?) than at least we're contributing to the product and maybe the feature request board will quiet down a bit. Either way though I'd really like to see my name in the FPSC credits (not that anyone looks at those...)...

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 00:42
I actually looked at them Airslide. I was really really bored one day.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 00:48
I looked at them once. It went something like this: "FPS Creator was lovingly developed over a period of 3 years by the following people: Insert TGC names here." Yep I'm that good at memorizing. Glad to see two of the 5 Lemur members agree with the whole integrate it into V1.08 thing.

[img]
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Glad to see two of the 5 Lemur members agree with the whole integrate it into V1.08 thing."

I agree to a certain extent. I have many questions still.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 00:54
Ah to what extent is that? It would be cruel for TGC to not give you anything in return, at least a TGC voucher each and your name in the credits, maybe I can help answer those questions?

[img]
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 00:58
You definitely want something in return for all the hours spent. If not a one off payment, then something like the next 2 / 3 model packs free, or something along those lines.

Was going to take a break... But I missed FPSC!
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 01:01
I think an $100 TGC voucher/cash and their name in the credits is reasonable. But its up to TGC.

[img]
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 02:02
Pus In Boots, I have the same question...

[url=http://gunn3rgames.zxq.net]
[/url]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 02:29
Quote: "I think an $100 TGC voucher/cash and their name in the credits is reasonable."

Would let me catch up on all those DBP plugins and the newly released model packs that I'm missing To an extent anyways.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 03:14
Hah, I just want MP7 and Sprite pack 1. Well, maybe MP9 and oh 12. 16 looks good too! Oh curses! That would be $100 gone And you want plugins which probably cost even more. I think you guys should email Lee ASAP and discuss it. That is if you all agree on integrating it into FPSC.

[img]
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 04:08
lol, man while you all are debating about price tag/exchange stuff, try being the level creator for Lemur..I spend a lot of time staring at PM's waiting for the next release so I can test them int he level.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 04:10
I personally think you guys should go with tgc unless no CASH is exchanged. if no $$$ is exchanged i think you guys should sell it by yourself. Looks like lots of hard work went into this, i mean you guys pretty much revolutionized fpsc with this strangely named mod.

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 04:15
Yeah. Where did the name Lemur come from anyway?

[/url]
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 04:37
Urlforce was bored I guess. I agree, get TGC to cut you some kind of a deal or something. I would love to be level designer for Lemur!

[img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 05:04
Quote: "lol, man while you all are debating about price tag/exchange stuff, try being the level creator for Lemur..I spend a lot of time staring at PM's waiting for the next release so I can test them int he level."

Oh yeah?! Try staring at the DBP COMPILER LOADING BAR waiting for it to finish up just to see if the last two lines of code you added didn't **** anything up.

And then there's those additions that require you to add a TON of code without testing (because without all of it, it wouldn't work anyway), and when it doesn't work, you gotta go back and find out why.

I think just staring at the compiler going "Oh god, please work." is bad enough. :-P

About Lee implementing our updates, here are my thoughts on the matter:

I think we would deserve viable compensation for the work done to the source if it's going to be used under TGC's name.

I'm thinking cash + the plugins to compile newer sources (DarkAI and DarkPhysics, oh please oh please ), then after V1.08 comes out, the Lemur team could work on Lemur V3, which could then be sent off to Lee for the next official update, but before the official one comes out, everyone is more than welcome to purchase a Lemur game that will be made using the newest Lemur engine.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
Dude, I'd rather be declared a dbpro noob than an fpsc legend any day!
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
The name "Lemur" came from when I took an anthropology class last semester at my college. After watching class video after video, I decided Lemurs were a lesser known animal, but have humanlike characters and features. (Like for instance Lemurs and Humans share similiar bone structure in the hand and other regions) Lemurs also interested me because when I was young my late aunt had a ringtailed lemur at her house named "Lenny" for rehabilitation. (My aunt had been a foster home for animals on the weekends when she was home from working at the San Francisco Zoo) Lenny was an interesting guy because no matter who came through the front door, Lenny always hid inside the same coat that hung on a coat rack by the front door, and would pounce on said victims as soon as they thought they had made it safely inside. By "pounce" I mean Lenny would jump from the coat rack, latch on the victim's face, wrapping his long spidery arms around neck and forehead, covering victims face and thus cause a major disturbance, mostly resulting in someone screaming or falling to the floor. It was like "trick-or-treat" reversed.
Lenny moved back to the zoo some 5 or 6 months later and found himself a beautiful female (thanks to the SF Zoo's matchmaking service, I'm serious) and their offspring live at the zoo today.
Lemurs live longer in captivity, averaging a lifespan of 22 years.

So now you all know the story of why Lemur V2 is called Lemur lol.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 05:12
Actually, I think that lemurs are fascinating, because of the way they run, and the speed at which they do so. I've only read about lemurs and haven't really done too much in the way of studying them, but I say that's a good enough reason for me...

[/url]
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 05:32
Quote: "I'm thinking cash + the plugins to compile newer sources"
Would you accept a TGC voucher though? For like $100? Instead of cash. TGC might not be willing to pay but it looks like they have to for this, and I think they should.

[img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 05:47
We would have to arrange an agreement with Lee if he is interested in incorporating Lemur in V1.08. We don't want to talk about this kinda thing out in public space.

If he would like to speak with us, he can always do what we do when we wanna talk to him.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 12:10
They can sell whatever source code they come up with if they sell it as part of a package like they are intending (you get Lemur because you bought the game).I see no reason why they should or would not be compensated for their hard work.I am sure that whatever happens that TGC and you guys can come to some type of arrangement.
I personally hyped your mods because you are doing some great things with the source code and I feel these things should be a part of the engine if at all possible.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 14:04
Awesome Fred!!! I thank you for your great support.

Now, if you could help me convince Lee to look into a DBP command that I believe is broken, then I think we'll off to a nice start! (Since this command single handedly is what makes the Water look so good )

The command is "set camera clip" and apparently the occassional forum user will have a problem with it like I am having. (Usually occurs when some shaders are being used)
I've already emailed Lee about it requesting some assistance (at his humblest of discretions), but just in case we need more people to convince him of how important it is that the command is fixed.

In the mean time... here is a rather decent screenshot (if I do say so myself) of the latest effect perfected in FPSC X9

This one doesn't seem to be giving me much issue, since as soon as I fixed the first bug (which wasn't even a bug) the shader seemed to be rather satisfied with everything going on.

In my attempt to solve the above mentioned problem I created a sample DBP program to have both Bloom and Water working with each other. I will post a screenshot of my results with the test program soon (so you can get a taste of how nicely the two shaders merge ), but note that the command worked perfectly fine in the test program and is faulty when placed into FPSC.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 14:08
And here is the promised screeny of both Bloom AND Water working together. (My apologies for the poorly made test block, but I think it gets the jist across )

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:

Attachments

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 14:47
Looks good!

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 16:44 Edited at: 30th Jan 2008 16:45
Quote: "Oh yeah?! Try staring at the DBP COMPILER LOADING BAR waiting for it to finish up just to see if the last two lines of code you added didn't **** anything up."

Aha! That's why I love my quad-core so much

Anyways, I e-mailed Lee about it. He said right now he's mainly interested in fixes and speed-ups (what I was planning to focus on soon anyways) and then the X10 to X9 migration. After that he said he'd be interested in any features (sorry Plystire, but most of yours are covered in the X10 to X9 Unless Lee wasn't planning to do the water and bloom because of the whole 4.0 shader thing) and would be willing to give a "treat" or two for our hard work.

Well, I'm off to go setup weapon and entity animations with the timing system, cause quite frankly reloading at the speed of light is not as amazing as one may have thought

Dr Parsnips
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 16:51
wow that looks awsome!!!

HMMMMMMM
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 16:54 Edited at: 30th Jan 2008 16:55
Quote: "He said right now he's mainly interested in fixes and speed-ups "

I hope that includes a fix for camera clipping in DBP.

Quote: "sorry Plystire, but most of yours are covered in the X10 to X9 Unless Lee wasn't planning to do the water and bloom because of the whole 4.0 shader thing"

Quote: "You won't get the fancy DirectX 10 features and some other features that are tied to our Model 4.0 shaders, such as Bloom, but you will get full XP and Vista compatibility, all the great game features like water, ragdoll, physics improvements, score system and much of everything else we added to FPS Creator X10 this last year."

Looks like he had already excluded Bloom, and I probably just saved him a heart-ache on Water, lol.

@Dr Parsnips:

Thank you! I do feel quite proud now that it seems to be 100% bug free (on my computer anyway, lol)

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 17:26
did ya get the clipping issue fixed then or a work around?

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 17:44
Quote: "Looks like he had already excluded Bloom, and I probably just saved him a heart-ache on Water, lol."
Yeah but you made X10's water jealous!
Quote: "Anyways, I e-mailed Lee about it. He said right now he's mainly interested in fixes and speed-ups (what I was planning to focus on soon anyways)"
Ooo! speed fixes! Maybe GPU instancing? And no FPS cap? OK I'll stop being a feature requester now

[img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 19:58
If most of my changes aren't going to be added because Lee's gonna be bringing X10 stuff over anyway then let's see Lee pull this one out of his...... X10.

I hereby caption this picture:

"Radioactive"

Through an astonishing breakthrough in combining not ONLY Water and Bloom effects but a little bit of what I like to call "Water Fog" as well.

Please, enjoy!

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Attachments

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 20:05 Edited at: 30th Jan 2008 20:06
Quote: "I hereby caption this picture:

"Radioactive"

Through an astonishing breakthrough in combining not ONLY Water and Bloom effects but a little bit of what I like to call "Water Fog" as well."
Do you have a top-secret X11 PC and FPSC hidden somewhere?!? Thats exactly what I wanted for my CTF level. Does the water and stuff work with MP? And how'd you get effects that Lee isn't going to bother with like bloom? Water fog? Explain please. Thats just amazing, lucky you haven't added normal mapping or I wouldn't believe its FPSC. Here's a good slogan for you guys at Lemur: "I can't believe it's not X11!"
*Slayer_2

[img]
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 20:05
Looks pretty neat Plystire.Looks VERY neat.

Core Map 2 is released, Free edition and Commercial Edition available at the following link
See Topic
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 20:33 Edited at: 30th Jan 2008 20:34
Lmao @ Slayer.

The "Water Fog" isn't even a shader.. in fact, it's nothing new. I simply found a way to use the built in DBP fog twice... I use it once for rendering Water and again for Rendering the screen.

Don't worry about the details, just know that it looks pretty cool when used correctly.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 06:12:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 06:12:59