Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Free Source Release: Lemur V2 Latest Build

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2008 20:55
@Airslide

Could you edit the decal.fpi so that decals can be pivoted by he 1-6 keys and will rotate along that axis as well.....

Just a request....

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2008 21:28
Coffee grunt - Just use decalfixed.fpi

@Inspire - You mean like a screen recorder? I know there's an AVI plugin around here somewhere, if I can convince the whole team to download it I can do that for sure. I could make it script controlled so you could plop it in your global script and use the scancode key pressed commands to trigger it.

While I'm thinking about it, I'll also make it so you can only adjust the ambient lighting in test game (that was always a major annoyance for final builds)

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2008 22:01
Thanks Airslide. The ambience thing in the final build was annoying. I was going to suggest it, but you beat me to it.
Also, the screen recorder would be great for multiplayer matches, if it didn't slow down the game much. The other nice thing about it would be the ease of use for creating cutscenes.

[url=http://gunn3rgames.zxq.net]
[/url]
game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Airslide
The weapon drop/swap idea would be awesome for MP and SP. Is it possible for you to make a script that will put a limit on how much ammo you can carry for one gun?

@ Urlforce
Does Lemur V2 fix the annoying "waiting to join.." bug?

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2008 22:34
Quote: "@ Airslide
The weapon drop/swap idea would be awesome for MP and SP. Is it possible for you to make a script that will put a limit on how much ammo you can carry for one gun?"

Ammo limit? I'll make that a gunspec option (ex: maxammo = 300). That's something I've wanted to do for awhile and kept forgetting.

Also, here's how I imagine the weapon swapping - I already said it will drop the current weapon with the script you select. That script should be specifically designed for weapon swapping using new commands I'll add. You'll be able to check if a specific slot is free, and if it is, place it there. If it isn't, you can check for another slot or just swap the current weapon. EX:

:state=0,plrdistwithin=300:state=1
:state=1,plrslotopen=1:plrtakeslot=1,state=2
:state=1,plrslotopen=2:plrtakeslot=2,state=2
:state=1:plrdrop=scriptbank\weaponswap.fpi

If slot 1 and 2 are blocked it will drop the weapon and then repeat, looking for the free slot that should now be open.

I'll also add the commands plrstripweapons,plrstripammo and plrresetstats (this one would only take effect on level change, so you would add it to the winzone script - it would reset all weapons and health and use the defaults that are set in the next level).

game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Airslide. That is great.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2008 23:46
Quote: "this will totally revolutionise FPSC, I mean, this will be the biggest thing that happened to it since it was created!"

Hit the head on the nail with that comment

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 00:37
ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!

I'm sorry to put a big damper on many of these requests, but there is NOTHING we can do about changes to the Editor itself (such as adding an "If Used" property to character entities). It's a bummer, I know, and there are MANY things I've wanted to change in it, but the source code has nothing to do with the editor itself, it's a completely different executable.

I'm sorry.

@FredP:

Changing the collision to polygon collision would be a horrendous idea. Although the collision would be awesome, imagine how many checks the engine would have to make. Imagine checking EVERY face for a collision versus checking 6 faces on a collision box. Heck, even a basic sphere has 1000x less faces than a normal entity.

Basically, if you change the collision to polygon collision, you will:
1) Effectively break most collision in the system, due to the nature in which it was programmed.
2) Massivly slow down the engine by forcing it to check for many unneeded collision areas.

I don't think there is a single game out there that uses polygon perfect collision. Definitally not in an FPS anyway. Perhaps in a physics demo there will be, but you get my point.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
Dude, I'd rather be declared a dbpro noob than an fpsc legend any day!
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 01:01
The closest any game really gets to polygonal collision is using a collision mask object, an object that has the most basic possible shape representing the object and as few faces as possible. It would be rather hard to program into FPSC aswell...

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The closest any game really gets to polygonal collision is using a collision mask object, an object that has the most basic possible shape representing the object and as few faces as possible. It would be rather hard to program into FPSC aswell..."

FPSC uses a sphere for collision on the player, seen it in the code

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 01:56
Airslide, can you please make a toggle that hides your weapon when you run out of ammo. So you don't have to toggle through empty weapons in a gunfight... Also, a recoil option would be cool or allies but I won't ask for the impossible I like the idea to make your hurt HUD stay longer the more damaged you are.

[img]
[/img] Check out the Elite OPS Terrorstike thread in the showcase.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 02:18
Lol, all the requests are going straight to me

I've got a growing to-do-list, at least I know what people want.

Urlforce - Can you send me the latest source when you get the chance? I'd like to start working with things while using all those other changes.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 02:21
@Airslide

I know this is probably a big thing to ask for.....

But could you add Moveleft and Moveright commands, as i think we could use these....

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 02:26 Edited at: 27th Jan 2008 03:02
Quote: "Lol, all the requests are going straight to me"
Only because I'm your biggest fan
*Slayer_2
P.S. BTW, are you guys fixing it so you can see everything other players do, like their decals, bulletholes and other things, like smashing a window or opening a door? It would make MP soooo much better. I don't know if you could do it or not though without re-writing the engine.

[img]
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 03:01
Quote: "@Inspire - You mean like a screen recorder? I know there's an AVI plugin around here somewhere, if I can convince the whole team to download it I can do that for sure. I could make it script controlled so you could plop it in your global script and use the scancode key pressed commands to trigger it."

Not really what I was thinking. Haha. Don't worry about my idea, I realized I wouldn't need it.

Oh yeah! I remembered my other idea! Attaching a dynamic light to an entity. That wouldn't be too difficult, I don't think.

Quote: "I'm sorry to put a big damper on many of these requests, but there is NOTHING we can do about changes to the Editor itself (such as adding an "If Used" property to character entities). It's a bummer, I know, and there are MANY things I've wanted to change in it, but the source code has nothing to do with the editor itself, it's a completely different executable."

You shouldn't have to do it in the editor...couldn't you just make it a condition/command that you put in the entity's FPE or FPI?

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 03:10 Edited at: 27th Jan 2008 03:11
Beh! I just can't seem to get my copy of FPSC's source working well. Hopefully when I get a copy of the lemur source (with all the latest changes) it will work better....but I just can't seem to find a good version of DBP for this

EDIT: Oh, btw, I'm working on a "gun lag" feature, where your gun drags behind as you move it around. Right now it's hardcoded, but I'll make it rely on the individual gun's gunspec before I send it off to urlforce.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 03:19
Quote: "Quote: "I'm sorry to put a big damper on many of these requests, but there is NOTHING we can do about changes to the Editor itself (such as adding an "If Used" property to character entities). It's a bummer, I know, and there are MANY things I've wanted to change in it, but the source code has nothing to do with the editor itself, it's a completely different executable."

You shouldn't have to do it in the editor...couldn't you just make it a condition/command that you put in the entity's FPE or FPI?"

Ummmm, there'd be no point in US doing that, the ifused= property is already recognised for character entities inside the FPE file... that's why i figured people wanted it added to the Editor properties window.

CHanging the FPE file is an already known about work-around to the If Used problem, but it makes your characters very "static" when it comes to scripting because if you change the FPE file, then every single one of those characters are gonna have the same entity in their if used field.

About the adding a dynamic light to an entity:

Well, just because it isn't hard to make a dynamic light in the editor doesn't mean it won't be hard in the source, lol. I'll add it to our list of "things to consider", and if it turns out to be a good find (which I think it is), then we may just add it to our list of things to DO for V2.

And for everyone else... I have compiled my very first video!!! Hurray for Plystire learning new things! Lol

Water Physics in FPSCX9

Let me know what you guys think. (Except about the framerate.... that's fraps, lol)

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 03:28
That's AWESOME, Plystire! Every addition to this mod has been one that I really want, so it makes this mod amazing!

[/url]
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 03:31
Whoa....

That mod is great......How would we edit it ingame, scripting?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 03:36
@coffee grunt:

If you're talking about the water itself, then no... you don't HAVE to use scripting for the water.

In the setup.ini file there will be these options for you:

waterlevel=X
playerheavy=X
waterred=X
watergreen=X
waterblue=X

Where the value you give the "waterlevel" will determine on which layer the water will be raised to before the level is loaded.

Although, you CAN change the water through scripting, allowing your game to be a little more dynamic with it, such as changing color, water level, whether the player swims or sinks in the water, etc.

I hope my crappy little video showed you somewhat of the basic underwater physics I got going on.

I must admit, it was rather fun to just sit there and play "catch" with myself by shooting the box at the wall and waiting for it to bounce back, lmao.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 03:40
Yeh, you could build a puzzler like that lol.....

Good to know some power will be left to us scripters, eh?

Although, I'm not sure if I'll be able to edit my Notepad file with list of FPI conditions/actions quicky enough.....

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 04:32
Quote: "Beh! I just can't seem to get my copy of FPSC's source working well. Hopefully when I get a copy of the lemur source (with all the latest changes) it will work better....but I just can't seem to find a good version of DBP for this "

Check with Urlforce and/or s4real and if they are still using the same stuff I am they can send you the files to get it working and the instructions.Or I can e-mail the stuff to you.
Of course by now they probably have something newer worked out but I can compile the FPSC source code as well as the last version of s4real's and the Lemur mod that I have.
As long as you have DarkLights you'll be good to go.I recommend against using the old lightmapper.Lee may be happy to find out it is possible to comment out DarkLights but I am sure anyone working with the source mod and anyone using the mod won't like it...it felt like my FPSC was running back in v1.0 land again.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 04:47
Looks amazing! I agree with coffee grunt, every update is something I really want!

That box seemed to float away too quickly though. Imagine throwing a box underwater. It would be kinda hard.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 04:54
Inspire, I think you agreed with the wrong person (Ahem...)
It happens. Did you find that article in Game Informer, BTW?

[/url]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 05:01
Quote: "That box seemed to float away too quickly though. Imagine throwing a box underwater. It would be kinda hard."

That WAS throwing the box underwater, lmao. Just pushing it along will push it as fast as you are able to move, so the physics work out pretty good, there.

Just a note.. this isn't "real" water physics I've implemented. The entities simply have their gravity taken away when they are underwater. I've been trying to add "bouyancy" that is simply in proportion to the object's "weight" (Non-character), but it hasn't been going so well.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 05:04
Keep working at it, Plystire. It looks good in everything else.

[/url]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 06:36
Quote: "Check with Urlforce and/or s4real and if they are still using the same stuff I am they can send you the files to get it working and the instructions.Or I can e-mail the stuff to you.
Of course by now they probably have something newer worked out but"

Could you send me the stuff? I got it working in 6.6b, but there's still some glitches (ejecting brass is always in one direction, regardless of rotation, and scorch marks are all messed up).

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 07:42
@ gunn3r:

Oops, I'm sorry! Haha, I swear it said he posted it. Posted in the thread about the magazine, anywho. Thanks.

Quote: "That WAS throwing the box underwater, lmao."

What did you think I was saying? I meant in real life, if that wasn't obvious.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 08:45
Ah, it all makes sense now.

Well, as I stated, this isn't "real" water physics. There isn't any "water drag" or even "water current" (Which I'm hoping to be able to implement... sneakily), all that's been done is the entities have had their gravity taken away while underwater, but it does give a nice underwater feel nonetheless.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
Two questions

Does Lemur V2 support dynamic entities and explosives in MP?

Also does it fix the waiting to join bug?

Thanks

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 14:06
Quote: "@ gunn3r:

Oops, I'm sorry! Haha, I swear it said he posted it. Posted in the thread about the magazine, anywho. Thanks. "

Huh? What magazine?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 14:26
Quote: "Two questions

Does Lemur V2 support dynamic entities and explosives in MP?

Also does it fix the waiting to join bug? "

Putting dynamic entities into MP wouldn't be hard, it's just the fact that the dynamic entities will only react to YOU and not the the other players you see around. I.E. you run through a door while someone is watching but to them, the door didn't open an dyou just walked right through it!! But on YOUR screen, the door acted like a normal auto door.

See the problem here?

As for the waiting to join bug... we would need more testing to determine if it has disappeared, but we haven't exactly made an attempt to eradicate it.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh I understand about the dynamic entities. What about the explosive weapons though.
When I give my MP map to friends, FPSC says we all have the same IP address. I think that may be the problem.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 16:15 Edited at: 27th Jan 2008 16:15
The "waiting to join" bug isn't a bug, at least in the un-modified version of FPSC.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 16:47
Quote: "Huh? What magazine?"

It's from a different thread.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 16:48
Quote: "The "waiting to join" bug isn't a bug, at least in the un-modified version of FPSC.
"

of course not! It's a feature!

Lol, I kid.

The IP Address problem with FPSC has been fixed, and it correctly identifies your REAL IP address... not that it matters anymore because the server select list is working much better now, too.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 17:02
Now... try to act surprised, everybody!

I have a special treat for everybody who's shown the utmost patience with Lemur.

That's right, it has to do with water, but I think you're in for a surprise this time.

More Water Physics: by Plystire

Hehehe, not even the OTHER Lemur coders knew that I had been working on this.

Enjoy! And leave me some review marks/comments.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
Plystire that is AWESOME. I love the water currents.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 17:19
@Plystire

Whoa....

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 17:22
Thanks, guys!

It looks like someone either doesn't like ME or doesn't like Lemur because both the videos got a single 1 star rating.

Oh well, I'm proud of myself and at least the people who enjoy this sorta thing got to see it.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 17:30
Amazing!

I just come up with an idea, what if there was a command or something to check if a special entity (like a car or something big) is in the water, the water raises x in heigth. Like the only way to get to the other sid its to push 10 cars into the water so it raises and you are able to get to the other platfrom.
It would be kind of cool

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 17:33
Amazing, Plystire.

Does the player have an oxygen bar? If so, it would be cool if it was toggle able.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 17:34 Edited at: 27th Jan 2008 17:35
Well, technically you can do that now, I suppose, lol.

*rolls his eyes ominously*

[EDIT]
*Does the above for both posts*
[/EDIT]

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 18:05
That's awesome, Plystire. Great job on the water overall. About those 1 star reviews. I changed that. I put in 5 stars because this is AWESOME!

[/url]
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 18:18
I can't help but be cautious, and I find myself waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's not like a Riker9 sort of thing, I mean, you're showing the work and it's obviously real. I mean why were these things never accomplished by TGC, even the features that have been requested forever like a better frame rate? Is there something we're not seeing. Is it possible that each plus creates a minus somewhere?

I've never seen the source, but I always assumed it was a catastrophe, and nearly impossible to work with. I'm sure it's no walk-in-the-park, but I'm confused as to how you guys were able to code this and the creator was not, or chose not to.

The water, reflection and refraction, and especially the physics, are amazing. The movie made me pee a little! LOL I can't wait for the release, but I remain.....

Confused.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 18:27
and yet.....

it'll cost you $20 to find out....

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 18:29
Maybe Lee never wanted to "waste" his time on FPSC. He does fix bugs but apparently 500 hours of work have gone into this! Time is money and Lee is part of a company... Plus multiple people have added great features, Plystire, water, Airslide, his kick - you know what - weapon mods. I can already see my game with a 4 weapon limit and the ability to have three kinds of weapons, 1 heavy, 1 medium and 2 light. Also when you swap you apparently drop a weapon entity too! Maybe they'll fix dynamic lighting and shadows too

[img]
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 18:43
Quote: "Maybe Lee never wanted to "waste" his time on FPSC."

You may be on to something there, but I'm sure I'm not seeing the entire picture.

Quote: "He does fix bugs but apparently 500 hours of work have gone into this!"

Well, considering it's been out for 2-3 years, that's like a half hour per day if he works alone. I put more than that in my web sites. Besides, I was talking about a few improvements, not all of them. LOL

Quote: "it'll cost you $20 to find out...."

I doubt It'll answer the question, but I'll certainly get the mod.

Best.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 19:01
@xsplosys

Consider this.....

You have, a gold ring, and a brass ring....

Which is the one you wear most often, clean most regularly and covet most.....

The gold one,right?

Well, FPSC X9 is a brass ring compared to FPSC X10, DBPro X10 and whatever else TGC needs Lee for....

I'm actually surprised that we're even getting a V1.08....

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 19:22
Quote: "@xsplosys"

Damned hard to spell, isn't it? LOL I understand the concept.

Anyway, I'll give the guys back their thread, and I'm sure the answer will come in time. I can't wait to see all they've accomplished and get to put it to use.

One other question. When we do get the compiled exe, will it work with previously built levels, or will we have to start from scratch?

Best.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 19:16:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 19:16:17