Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official efxMod Thread [56k Warning]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
License
efxMod 1.6 Free Edition is non-commercial only and cannot be used for any kind of commercial project.

Why that?

Do you mean i cant release my game made with this mode as a freeware game on my site?

Red Eye Productions © Copyright 2008
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2008 23:15
commercial = For Profit

If you won't be making any money off of it, then it's okay to release it. All it means is you can't sell anything you make with the Mod.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2008 00:13
Unless you buy the commercial version ...

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Plystire

An you too Rampage , Thanks

So this means I can give out my game for free?

Red Eye Productions © Copyright 2008
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2008 22:55
Yes it does.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
Darth Dementous
Years of Service
User Offline
What is the script command for enabling Motion Blur? Can somebody please tell me? Thanks!
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2008 01:31 Edited at: 8th Nov 2008 05:14
Im making segments to use normal maps, should one use the regular bump.fx with the efx mod, or are people using something else.

Also are the older versions of efx available to download, with no light on and just bloom, water switched of, with the latest version I get 10fps on a mid system, with an older version, not sure if it was 1.5, I had 70fps, my game has no lights used and I only want the bloom, so the older version would be better for me, can I download it from any place, I deleted the older vderions of efx and need the old version back.

Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
just deactivate the water in the new version with a triggerzone and you have the same effect.

if you want to use shaders on segements, you could only use parallax or relief mapping on them (you need the right shader at the right place) but in the available version there are a lots of lighting problems with shaders on segements.

hope i helped you ^^

... efxMod Developer!
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2008 16:36 Edited at: 8th Nov 2008 17:03
I downloaded the latest version of EFX (1.6.3-0292) and installed with FPSC v.107.

I'm getting a graphics glitch with water as seen in the attached screenshot. This didn't happen when I was using EFX v1.54c so not sure how to fix.

Edit - I have Vista, AMD Athlon64x2, ATI HD2900XT, FPSC V1.08 and ensured I downloaded the right EFX Mod for my system but just having this rendering problem with the water.

Also can you confirm what the .fpi command is for enabling motion blur and has a command been added for tone mapping value now?

My understanding is Airmod is integrated into EFX but when I setup a triggerzone with Plrinzoneshakecam.fpi nothing happened?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
do you have set the shaders of in the preferences?

under vista there can be some problems with efxMod.

and for the .fpi in think its inside the readme. if not, you have to wait until Nighthawk ansers because he has written the Source.

also airmod is integretated but not all features are working because we have not the final version of it implemented.

... efxMod Developer!
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2008 21:05
Quote: "just deactivate the water in the new version with a triggerzone and you have the same effect."

well you can switch water off in the test game from the editor test, it gave 3 extra frames, so from 10 fps, to 13, switching bloom off, so now its got nothing running at all, no lighting in the level, no effects, nothing at all, gives 23 fps, so having efx, with no effects at all, every thing switched off, no shaders, nothing at all, gives 23 fps, so it takes 7 fps from a standard un modded fpsc, even though its doing nothing, thats why the old version, perhaps it was 1.5 or something, that gave with no lighting in the level, and the bloom on, 70 fps, so for me, the new version is a big no no for performance.

Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
don`t know what your doing but in the new version i have more FPS.

... efxMod Developer!
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2008 21:44
Ill try it on another computer and see what happens.

maikyy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2008 02:13
woooow with efx mod your cheap game making engine gets a free make over i mean wooooow very nice effects, i have attached a pic because i want to show everybody

sorry for my bad english (i am dutch)

Attachments

Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
first thx but what is soooo special at this screenshot except it is a bmp...?

i hardly see any efx effect in it. Maybe a little bloom but not really...

... efxMod Developer!
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2008 23:57
Quote: "do you have set the shaders of in the preferences?"

I've tried with shaders enabled and disabled but problem persists.

I also messed about with the ATI Catalyst options for AA and AF but that hasn't fixed either.
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2008 13:23
Did you try an earlier driver version? Like 8.7 or so?

Intel Xeon 3350 Quad@2,67GHz, Asus Commando, 2GB RAM, Thermaltake Shark, Sapphire Radeon HD2900XT, Samsung Syncmaster 245B 24"
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2008 04:33
Quote: "Did you try an earlier driver version? Like 8.7 or so?"

I've tried uninstalling 8.10 and installed 8.7 now but didn't work.

I finally got somewhere when noticing in test game if I turned EFX quality down to 2 the glitch went away and if I put it back up to 3 everything is fine until I re load the map.

Unfortunately it's still a problem for me when building games as the water appears with the glitch.

Kind of stuck to know what to try now without going down the hacky script route but even then I don't think the efxqualitylevel command can be used with triggerzones.
Shallows
User Banned
Posted: 12th Nov 2008 05:04
Why is it that I cannot use this mod in my game, if the game is for a competition? I'mn not selling the game or anything, it'll be a free download but it is being entered into a competition.

Is there a reason for this? I'm ok with not selling the game, but not being able to use it in a competition seems a bit ridiculous.
Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Why is it that I cannot use this mod in my game, if the game is for a competition?"

Because you win something in the competition.
Shallows
User Banned
Posted: 12th Nov 2008 05:18
Winning something in a competition is completely different to selling a game. A competition is a one off prize, whereas selling a game (depending on the quality of the game) you can be getting a constant stream of money (or "prizes" if we're comparing it to a competition).
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2008 05:50
You are still gaining something though. Say the "prize" was money, you would still be gaining it. Anyway, its not for you to decide sorry, hey your from New Zealand! SAME! Anyway...

[url=
"Welcome to the forums, MasterXMP. Your game looks like garbage..." - Game Maker
Shallows
User Banned
Posted: 12th Nov 2008 06:05 Edited at: 12th Nov 2008 07:40
Cool stuff. I'm not worried about it or anything, I can survive without the mod. It just seemed a bit unusual.

Also, NZ guy, that's cool.

How much does it cost for a commercial version of efxMod? I would not mind paying for it if it's within my budget, considering what this can do I believe it would be extremely worth it.
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, would it also work on 1.09 because thats the version i have, and can you already purchase the full version? Will the models work with it?

IV
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2008 16:07
Quote: "Hey, would it also work on 1.09 because thats the version i have"

No. Already said.

Quote: "and can you already purchase the full version?"

No. Already said, too.

Quote: "Will the models work with it?"

What models? Of course, any FPSC X9 entities/segments will work, if they work under 1.07/1.08

Intel Xeon 3350 Quad@2,67GHz, Asus Commando, 2GB RAM, Thermaltake Shark, Sapphire Radeon HD2900XT, Samsung Syncmaster 245B 24"
Eyeball Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2008 18:24
Nighthawk, I really love your mod!!!
But...

I still cant get it to work...
This has been mentioned before (Yes, I read all the pages of this thread),

First, I downgraded to 1.07, that didn't work, so I reïnstalled FPSC and upgraded to 1.07.
After that I did get an dll error, so I searched for the solution and I found it: I have downloaded two dll files and placed them in the C:\WINDOWS\System32\ folder.
Then I was really happy because I finally got into the map editor.
I made a small test level and pushed the test game button...
Then I got this error saying: Fpsc-game has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.(just like crazyx).. So, I tried the alternative version wich didn't work either. So can you please help me find a solution for this?

BTW: As I remember I did get the older version to work but I cant download that one anywere.

Thanks,
Mark
Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
... first it`s important to know which version of windows you are using.

after that it can be a problem with your graphicscard so pls post you GPU specs.

if all of this points are done, i`ve to know what exactly have you done BEFORE pushing the test game button.

... efxMod Developer!
Eyeball Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2008 18:58
I'm using Windows XP (SP2).
My graphics card is a Geforce 8600 gts.
First I did do all the things in my previous post, then I tried different sort of rooms, lights an stuff.

And... thanks for helping me!!!
Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
have you tried to upgrade to v1.08?
because for me efxMod runs best wiht it.

i don`t know whats going on at your pc because on every system i and some friends are trying to use efx it works quiet fine.

pls let me know if the error appears in v1.08

... efxMod Developer!
Eyeball Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2008 21:17
I already tried 1.08 even before 1.07... but the same error...
Some other people on this thread had it also...

Thanks,
Mark
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2008 22:57
did you try deleting .bin Files and all that stuff that's still affected by the earlier (higher) version?
(from what version did you downgrade?)

Eyeball Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2008 14:36
I did downgrade a few times from 1.13 but when it didn't work I removed FPSC (Including manually removing the game creators map) and did a fresh insall and then upgraded to 1.07...

Thanks,
Mark
Eyeball Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 13:18
Any suggestions...??

Mark
Diablos Bud
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I have a quick question about efxMod. I was just wondering if it is still in the latest free version merged with Airmod. Could someone please awnser this question for me, because I need good graphics, and decent weapon features for my first game, a horror.

Diablosbud Productions - a name for the game's developed by me.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 19:45
It is....

Diablos Bud
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, thanks for the fast reply CG, lol I switched back to the Product Chat, and realized you already posted, thanks again CG. Great my first game may turn out good if I buy some models around christmas.

Diablosbud Productions - a name for the game's developed by me.
Eyeball Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 21:16
I remember that an old version of EFX with an installer did work on my computer... Is there anyway to get one of these???

Thanks,
Mark
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 22:12
The version with the installer are the versions of the 1.4 series... forget about it - the newer versions are much more powerful and in fact, there's no real difference in compatibility

and if the newer versions don't work on your PC you won't be able to use the old ones.

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 02:17
I love your main homepages look man...Its awesome....Just like EFX

[url=
"Welcome to the forums, MasterXMP. Your game looks like garbage..." - Game Maker
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 03:14
Quote: "I remember that an old version of EFX with an installer did work on my computer... Is there anyway to get one of these???"

Same here. EFX mod v1.54c worked perfectly for me using Vista and FPSC v1.08 but the latest v1.6.3 doesn't. Unfortunately their not providing previous versions for those having problems.

Quote: "The version with the installer are the versions of the 1.4 series... forget about it - the newer versions are much more powerful and in fact, there's no real difference in compatibility"

Sorry Nighthawk but I'm with Eyeball games on this one. I reported a graphics glitch a few posts back when updating to the latest version. I ended up installing XP on a partition with FPSC v1.08 and have the same problem regarding 'mfc71.dll' and 'msvcr71.dll'. See attached.

If I download and add the dll's to Windows System32 folder manually EFX mod crashes when building a game. Whatever changes have been made recently have impacted compatibility and I think you need to do a lot more testing, especially if your going to sell any licenses with this version.

I installed the latest version of .Net Framework and that hasn't helped either so please can you investigate and fix / provide a solution to the .dll problem. It appears theres enough people having problems to warrant it.

Attachments

Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 11:45 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2008 11:47
Quote: "I ended up installing XP on a partition with FPSC v1.08 and have the same problem regarding 'mfc71.dll' and 'msvcr71.dll'. See attached."

Did you ever heard of downloading those DLLs from dll-files.com?
Most systems are missing those files - and it's not a bug of efxMod - it's a thing of the compiler/plugins.

I expect you downloaded a wrong/incompatible version...
And it's also possible you didn't register it...
Try running the following code after clicking on "Start" and then "Run"

regsvr32 "C: Windows System32 MFC71.DLL"
(replace "MFC71.DLL" also with other DLLs you copied in)
EDIT: Sorry, the forum software seems to remove any backslashes... replace the spaces with backslashes

Technically, efxMod 1.6 is much more stable and much more powerful than 1.5 or 1.4 - 1.5, though, is sometimes a little bit faster, if you aren't using many characters (unlocked FPS, simple rendering system, etc.)
But if you compare the quality and complexity of effects to the powerfulness/speed, 1.6 wins clearly over 1.5 .

We're using some new rendering techniques and new filtering algorithms, it's possible that some of your hardware components are simply overstrained with it.

We tested efxMod on so many High, Mid and Low-End/Class Systems and there were never any bugs like these and efxMod 1.6 was faster and better than 1.6 at any time.

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 11:56
When you say Not for commercial use, does that include competition entrys?

~/BennyBoy\~
Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
...why don`t people read what some pages before has been answered?

So now for all who are to tired or something to read:

NON-COMMERCIAL = NO SELLING; NO COMPETITION ENTRY WHERE YOU CAN WIN SOMETHING!

hope now all questions have been answerded.

... efxMod Developer!
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 12:22
Lol, so really it's quite useless, most people will only really spend the long time it takes to perfect settings, then script them to do so, then build the levels, make characters, etc, etc, to gain something in the end....

You've sorta shot yourself in the foot...

rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "NON-COMMERCIAL = NO SELLING; NO COMPETITION ENTRY WHERE YOU CAN WIN SOMETHING!"

Then you do can realease it for free

IV
Eyeball Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 13:14
Quote: "regsvr32 "C: Windows System32 MFC71.DLL"
(replace "MFC71.DLL" also with other DLLs you copied in)"

This may be the problem!!
When I tried what you said: regsvr32 C:\Windows\system32\MFC71.dll it says: C:\Windows\system32\MFC71.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found..
This file can not be registered.
(hope I translated it good from dutch...)
So that may be the problem!!
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 13:22
Ok

Just to clarify for anyone having .dll trouble. There are 3 dll's required for EFX mod despite only 2 being reported as missing in the FPSC editor. They are:
- mfc71.dll
- msvcr71.dll
- msvcp71.dll

You need to download all 3 and place them in C:/Windows/System32.

@Nighthawk

Can I suggest you include these 3 dll's in your EFX Mod distribution and document in the installation instructions they need to be placed in System32 folder.

I also figured out the graphics glitch I was having with water. After making all 3D features application controlled I changed my desktop and application resolution to 1024x768 which solved the problem.

This just means that I can't use EFX mod for testing or playing build games at my preferred desktop resolution of 1440x900. Have you tested if the graphics are scalable at higher resolutions than FPSC's default with the new rendering techniques and filters?.

Also I'm using a HD2900XT with ATI Catalyst 8.7 drivers and EFX has performance issues using the standard build. When I use the alternative build the performance issues are resolved but I still have to force desktop and application resolution to 1024x768.

Hope this helps some people regarding the dll's.
Eyeball Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 13:33 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2008 13:49
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT FINALLY WORKS!!!!

Thanks Normad soul,
Mark

EDIT: Wow... the mod look spectacular!!! Cant wait for the commercial version!!
Gsph719
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I dont know if some one has already asked about this problem because i read like the first 5 pages then realised there were 37 so i gave up so sorry if this give you de ja vu

Ok so first of all, when i have Efx mod installed with FPSC v1.0, the character models of the enemies im fighting are invisible but their gun isnt. And second, with the latest version of FPSC everything has one single texture and that is gray. (This may be a FPSC problem but it sucks so id bring it up) and it asks me to turn of my UAC when i try to use it which is a security safety issue if i take it off. So yeah now im running 1.0 with its normal, obsolete graphics and i hope you can help.

My machine has
3gigs of memory
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 3450

and it gets pretty slow framerate wise to..not REALLY slow but..slow enough
please help
sam
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2008 19:49 Edited at: 28th Nov 2008 19:50
Quote: "Ok so first of all, when i have Efx mod installed with FPSC v1.0, the character models of the enemies im fighting are invisible but their gun isnt. And second, with the latest version of FPSC everything has one single texture and that is gray."

EFX Mod is documented as only supporting FPSC versions v1.07 to v1.09. If your using the earliest or latest version it won't work properly.

Quote: "and it gets pretty slow framerate wise to..not REALLY slow but..slow enough"

Try using the alternative build when downloading from the EFX website for your graphics card. I'm using an ATI HD2900 and getting over 60fps in a reasonably sized room with 2 enemies (see attached).

The only problems I have at the moment are:

1. Character models not reflecting above the waters surface, only refracting below it.
2. Rendering issue with water at desktop resolution 1440x900. Have to force 1024x768.
3. Dynamic lights only working on player hands / weapon and not with geometry.

I might change to Nvidia depending on how future ATI drivers work out as the water shader is giving me the most trouble which I've read issues with using ATI cards even for commercial games.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-21 07:11:55
Your offset time is: 2024-06-21 07:11:55