Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official efxMod Thread [56k Warning]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 18:26 Edited at: 26th Feb 2008 18:29
that FPS rate is pretty good, Nalle Karhu, compared to some other results
the update will make it run a bit better (i think 2-5 FPS at your current position are possible)
and if you set down the Water Res (in 1.49+) you will also be able to push up the Framerate by 5-8

the update mainly fixes the GUI-Lag, or makes it less laggy

Timer Based (movement) means it doesn't run like the normal FPSC with Framebased Movement
the original FPSC does all that animation and speed stuff on a per-frame basis
the and timerbased means it works on a per-time basis (milliseconds for example)

so the game will run at the same speed everywhere, also if the framerate is very low (or very high)

at the moment, there are some issues to be fixed first.

The update comes as promised at the end of this week.

Things like Timerbased Movement in 1.5 and the new Camera effects also.
I'm not sure about the Parallax and Normalmap thing, because i wanted 1.49 to be a bugfix-update.

Parallax Mapping, Normalmapping, Camera Effects, Timerbased Movement, Water Physics, etc. will come, that for sure.

And a new feature that maybe will be also in 1.49... i won't tell anything about that secret feature until it's finished.

Intel Xeon 3060, Asus Commando, 2GB DDR2-800 RAM, Thermaltake Shark Black, Sapphire Radeon HD2900XT, Samsung Syncmaster 245B 24"
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 22:37
Good to hear. I'll download this when all the bugs are fixed and these features are added.

Click here to see my showcase.
m man
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "does anyone with an ATi Graphics card (actually High-End/Mid-End!) have 21/22 FPS all the time?"

Yea, I have an ATI Radion X1250 and sometimes it stays below that with water
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2008 02:22 Edited at: 27th Feb 2008 22:29
My scorches (bullet-holes and enemy blood splats) appear without a full transparency. It appears without detail. It's fine, I kinda like the effect, but it'd be nice to fix.

BTW: That's not how the blood is supposed to look, it's the default bullet-holes file.

The FPSC Chat boards, my new-found home!

In memory of my bud, Shim Kangrey, who was too stupid to check his resources.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2008 20:06
god i'm looking forward to this

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2008 22:19
I don't know if this is possible, but since this is EFX mod, an Anti-Aliasing would be nice

http://koti.mbnet.fi/teora/intersoft/
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2008 22:31 Edited at: 27th Feb 2008 22:35
you can use Antialiasing by activating it in your graphic card control software

it's possible with Shaders, too, but this is a very hardware-intensive operation and makes no sense at the moment

a real hardware-antialiasing is only possible with a reconfiguration - and often the control software's settings override every other setting (e.g. by Games)

i already did a few experiments with that and i came to the conclusion it is not needed and besides, it's causes a REAL lag - a lag you can't compare to the actual efxMod Performance on some machines...

@ Mezoforte:
i'm working on that - on my machine it's a bit different (the alpha is... a bit... can't describe that)

At the moment we fixed major bugs like the Weapon-Refraction bug or the Crosshair-Bloom Bug

maybe i wrote it before... the efxMod Customizer's performance is better in v1.49 - on my machine it has 6 FPS more

and also the general performance is better - with the ability to change the Water Res (the main thing that's causing the Lag)

Intel Xeon 3060, Asus Commando, 2GB DDR2-800 RAM, Thermaltake Shark Black, Sapphire Radeon HD2900XT, Samsung Syncmaster 245B 24"
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2008 23:07
Yes, the most current EFX mod makes my copy of FPSC even faster! Puts it up to 38 FPS all the time, at the worst it's 25. I also just noticed the weapon refraction bug, but I kinda liked the crosshair bloom thing, but I use the bloom effect for a damage system.

One more thing (it may have been asked before), water physics would be cool, but an air limit can wait. But, bugs come first, man. Keep up the excellent work NightHawk!

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2008 07:48
Can you help me, as soon as I installed this mod and ran it. Everything went super when i test game. I used to but white lights into small places so that little bits of the level stand out. But now for some reason, I reinstalled EFX Mod because I had to reinstall Fpsc and now the lights don't show up in game??? What happened? All I see is the light on objects (entity)but none of the scenery lights up anymore...any tips?
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2008 18:21
Try the disc instead... Or does that have a different exe?

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2008 19:47
cant wait... knees trembling

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
DjSonicx
Years of Service
User Offline
Should the water texture change during the game? Because everytime i run a level, the water have a different texture... and i killed the thug character (from ww2) and the water automaticaly changed is texture to the guy texture (is face and is clothes just apeared in the watter) Should this happen?
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2008 21:03 Edited at: 28th Feb 2008 21:04
no this shouldn't happen...

what are your PC Specs?

Please provide your PC Specs everytime you found a possible bug/error/whatever.

The water texture changes very very often in the game - the texure(s) on the Surface are the camera outputs (modified by the shader)

but it should not change the texture to a character's one, it's probably a hardware issue or driver problem

DjSonicx
Years of Service
User Offline
i gave you my specs before (yea i understand, theres a lot of people asking things about your mod ^_^ so...

Processor: Pentium(R) 4 cpu 2.40ghz
Ram: 1 GB
Graphics Card: (Ati) Radeon 9250 - Secondary

(im a noob in hardware, and i don't know what specifications you whant from my graphic card, so, here are some more informations...

Subvendor: ASUS (1043) Shaders: 4 Pixel/1 vertex
DirectX Support: 8.1/sm1.4 Pixel Filtrate: 1.0 G Pixel/s
Texture Fillrate: 1.0 G Texel/s Memory typeDR
Memory Size: 256 MB Bandwidth: 6.4 GB/s
Bus Width: 128 bit)

is this what you need to know?
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2008 21:36
A Radeon 9250 is a DX8.1 Graphics card with Shadermodel 1.4

the FPSC (and especially the efxMod) needs DX9.0c and Shadermodel 2.0
so, that's it

maybe it runs and maybe the effects work partially, but there will be graphic bugs like hell

i should implement an automatical system check for compatibility......

DjSonicx
Years of Service
User Offline
That's bad... thankyou anyway.
another question, is there a way to disable the watter? like delete something on files, or change a script?
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2008 12:58
So you can just keep the bloom effect and all else or just delete it completely? If you just want water gone, just always keep water level at 0 through trigger zones. If you want everything gone, I believe you can run the UnInstall file... Or change the FPSGame back to the original one.

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, if I heard correctly... you said you would release (close to the end of this week) the newer version. Is there any newer version to release? I really need the bloom for 508 because it's based on a Doom3/Quake 4 look. Reply back soon!

Astek

Make the move to indiegamedev.net today! We're the fairest around!
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 04:55 Edited at: 1st Mar 2008 05:34
Quote: ""

What's this? I don't get this... Is this like a Installer for you completed game(Please say yes)?

Edit: What's GameStream... I tried downloading it... But I couldn't understand a word. And when's the english version of the site going to be up(*me as Spongbob drying up saying," I NEED IT!!!"*)?

Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 06:48
EDIT:

I downloaded EFX... But I keep installing it and nothing has changed... I looked and it just kept putting backup folders.

Should I uninstall FPSC and re-install FPSC and re-install EFX?

(Oh, now I load it up and it sends me an error and closes the program when I try and test game)

Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 10:32 Edited at: 1st Mar 2008 10:34
Quote: "Hey guys, if I heard correctly... you said you would release (close to the end of this week) the newer version. Is there any newer version to release? I really need the bloom for 508 because it's based on a Doom3/Quake 4 look. Reply back soon!"

Yep, i said this and the update will be released tomorrow or maybe this evening/night (german time)

Orrion Carn, thats the efxMod Service - it should be installed automatically with the efxMod - if not and if the efxMod isn't installed correctly, you should check if you got Admin Rights on your machine. Maybe a Firewall or and Antivirus Software blocks the Download or whatever.

do you mean the upper 3 Screens of the Loader or the 2 at the bottom (the efxMod Service)

and it's not an installer for your finished game - it's an updater for the efxMod and an easy configuration and help tool.

GameStream is available in English, by the way
you can change the language in the "Einstellungen" Tab of the Main Screen - "Sprache" means Language - the install routine shouldn't be too complex...
But it's Beta, so don't expect anything from it... and yeah, it's an online distribution software (try out the Downloadcode "endwar" if you changed it to English)

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 10:56
what time is it now in germany?

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 10:59
11:00 am

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 11:03
So in about 9 hours? Lol.

Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 11:05
-.- is said tomorrow or maybe in the evening / night

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 11:17
tomorrow is great for me, being as i am out just about all day today, and i dont want to miss out on the fun

nighthawk, i dont know what made you want to make this great stuff for free, thanks again

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 11:27 Edited at: 1st Mar 2008 11:27
Quote: "nighthawk, i dont know what made you want to make this great stuff for free, thanks again"

it's the pleasure to see new projects coming up and seeing efxMod in use

you won't miss the fun - it doesn't run away

1.49 is mainly a bug-fix Release - we couldn't fix all the bugs, but most
you also get a performance increase, especially when the Customizer is opened

the next big Release, 1.5, is something more advanced - things like Parallax Mapping or Normalmapping w/o Light Reflection, Camera Effects, etc. are the main features of 1.5

so, 1.49 is nothing very spectacular. 1.5 indeed, is.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 11:35
Ahh great, some performance!

Then I could actually use this at more than 10fps....

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 12:17 Edited at: 1st Mar 2008 12:22
Quote: "-.- is said tomorrow or maybe in the evening / night"

Meh. Doesn't matter, my time is worthless .

EDIT: BTW, could someone PLEASE tell me what timer based is? I know it's got to do with framerate, but what?

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 13:02
It means that rather than FPSC calculating timing by using frames,(if you get a frame drop means that means that it will slow down/lag).....

By making it timer based, it'll now calculate in real time, so if your frame rate drops, it'll still run at the same speed, just with slightly less picture quality if the frames are lower than normal.....

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 13:09
[quote]By making it timer based, it'll now calculate in real time, so if your frame rate drops, it'll still run at the same speed, just with slightly less picture quality if the frames are lower than normal.....
[quote]

AWESOME!

Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 13:12
Here's a short explanation

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 15:31
Indeed, that was what I was trying to say, great diagram......

Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 16:50
Quote: "Orrion Carn, thats the efxMod Service - it should be installed automatically with the efxMod - if not and if the efxMod isn't installed correctly, you should check if you got Admin Rights on your machine. Maybe a Firewall or and Antivirus Software blocks the Download or whatever."

Ok thanks, I'll try that out(It's a download?).

Quote: "do you mean the upper 3 Screens of the Loader or the 2 at the bottom (the efxMod Service)

and it's not an installer for your finished game - it's an updater for the efxMod and an easy configuration and help tool."

Ok thanks.

Quote: "GameStream is available in English, by the way
you can change the language in the "Einstellungen" Tab of the Main Screen - "Sprache" means Language - the install routine shouldn't be too complex...
But it's Beta, so don't expect anything from it... and yeah, it's an online distribution software (try out the Downloadcode "endwar" if you changed it to English)"

Yeah, I just went in to the program files folder and changed the cfg file a bit and changed the language.

Also, GameStream Intigrator?

Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 16:52 Edited at: 1st Mar 2008 16:53
Quote: "Ok thanks, I'll try that out(It's a download?)."

The efxMod Loader or the efx Service contain a download routine which checks for the actual version and downloads it

the GameStream Integrator is a tool to make your game GS-capable, so you can launch it with GS

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 16:55
will v.4.9 have timerbased? that's all i need right now

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 17:45
1.5 will have that timerbased feature

1.49 has some parts that are already in testing, but it's still buggy

i'm working on Bloom-Autofocus at the moment...

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Will be waiting on the release today! Already crossing my fingers!

Astek

Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 18:33 Edited at: 1st Mar 2008 18:33
hit me up on MSN, i'd like to talk to you (you are not online at the moment, right?)

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 19:23
aah, ok. Any idea as to when 5 will be out

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 22:22
Downloaded it, it updated, but... I tried loading a test game(Just some corridors and a player marker) and it gave me this(Pic attached).

My Specs are:

Inspiron 9400

Intel(R)Core(TM)Duo CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz 1.73 GHz

2046 MB Ram

32-bit Vista Operating System

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS

Can you help NightHawk?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Is the newer version up now?

Astek

Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 00:14
ASTEK, i said you should hit me up on MSN, i'd like to talk to you

the newer version isn't up because i was on a party the last hours

@ Orrion Carn:

Have you got admin rights on your machine?
is DirectX (the latest version) installed correctly?
Mod installed correctly?

Maybe try another map - e.g. Stock Segments

Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 00:33 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2008 00:36
Quote: "Maybe try another map"

Ok.

Quote: "Stock Segments"

I did...

Quote: "Have you got admin rights on your machine?
"

Run FPSC under Admin? Never thought about that... I'll try that.

Quote: "is DirectX (the latest version) installed correctly?
"

I'll get the latest one.

Quote: "Mod installed correctly?"

It didn't say anything about it being installed in-correctly, should I reinstall?

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 00:45
Nighthawk can i get a definite day release for 1.50? you keep saying at the end of this week, and its saturday, running out of time lol. Will the bloom be fixed in 1.50? as in no jumping around when you move the screen fast around?

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 01:21
i said 1.49 gets released at the end of this week, so i expect i'll release it in 15 hours or so. maybe earlier.

There's no definite release date for 1.5, it's planned to be released in mid-march.

1.49 is nearly finished - i'm testing the advanced Bloom Shader at the moment

i recoded the complete Bloom Shader and especially the Blur Routines - it's now a 4-Pass shader which produces a much better Blur - and the Framerate stays really stable with it. (ok, tested on a high end machine ...)

When i say "at the end of the week" i mean Sunday and not Saturday

ok, some people would say Saturday is the last day of the week - but in my eyes it's Sunday

so, Sunday.

What do you mean by fixing the Bloom and jumping around?

Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 01:28
Will it be avalible in the Auto-Updater?

Just got it to work... Wowwwww.... This is awesome... Nice work.

efx mod for commercial games(You in credits of course), Lemur for MP(No offence, but until you put it in, Lemur for MP)... Yeah. lol.

Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 01:30 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2008 01:32
efxMod is currently non-commercial only - for commercial purposes you have to contact me
(Read the license...)

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 01:30
do you want me to show you a video of what i mean? i cant really explain it, pan the camera around really fast in a test game, with old bloom, and you'll notice the bloom on everything will jump around.
i guess you could call it a delay with the camera movements and the bloom

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 01:32
ahhh i know what you mean, Bloodeath 6 6 6
changing the BlurWidth often helps, if not, it'll be fixed

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-21 07:13:14
Your offset time is: 2024-06-21 07:13:14