Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V109 BETA - Public Test

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 15:03 Edited at: 1st Apr 2008 15:05
Mhhh i just increased Brightness and Contrast...

What about that, Ply?

Intel Xeon 3060, Asus Commando, 2GB DDR2-800 RAM, Thermaltake Shark Black, Sapphire Radeon HD2900XT, Samsung Syncmaster 245B 24"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 17:55
April fools?
Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 18:19 Edited at: 1st Apr 2008 18:21
It's not a joke. It's in the first post.
Quote: "
* New COLLISIONMODE value for FPE which can switch off all collision but one limb (1000+solidlimbindex)
* WARNING: Do not use above feature to create large grass coverage with individual grass blades"
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 19:20
Quote: "Mhhh i just increased Brightness and Contrast..."

Aint that screen from inspire's game.
lukex10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 21:01
is there ragdoll?

lukex10
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2008 07:29 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2008 07:32
Ragdoll will be in Version 2.00 most likely in one of the betas. Soon hopefully, seeing how fast they got to work on Version .9 . Great work tgc!

DevilMouse Developments Lead Developer
Holloguts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2008 15:19
I also have noticed recently that the dissapearing wall textures is happening pretty regular in some maps. I get it with stock material. There is a wall there, but I can see the skybox through it. It happens with overlay's, but it has also happened with the maintenance corridor straight (sci-fi). Before entering a simple room (empty) the corridor can be seen and has the texture, as soon as I enter the room, the texture on one wall dissapears and I can see the skybox. I did not have the problems with v1.07. and I have not updated to v1.09 beta. So the problem seems to have come with v1.08. I have recreated the same simple level after resetting, and I get the same results.
lukex10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2008 18:31
urm

lukex10
Cirka88
Years of Service
User Offline
Just a quick question, will either this update or updates in the near future be addressing the huge problem with frame rate slow downs? I have a direct X10 compatible video card that can run Oblivion and Quake 4 and I still have slow downs (3-7fps) in FPSC at minimal graphic settings if I put more that 4 enemies or NPCs in one room.
GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 03:58
Good job i love the update
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2008 02:32 Edited at: 5th Apr 2008 02:38
Quote: "is there ragdoll?"

Good god, hold on to your pants, people!!! If you have any sense of intelligence WHAT-SO-EVER, then you'll know ragdoll will be covered in the X10 migration, so what is planned for 109 in the first post, is the only thing that will be in. Dude, just get X10...

I'm in the best of moods (as you can tell), so carelessness is welcome around me [/sarcasm]

Anyways, nothing significant yet, so I'll still mess with 108, but I'll be considerate and wait, because either you're doing A LOT or you have real-life issues.

Good work, Lee, we all appreciate it,
==MeZo

EDIT: And and in the fashion of ruining people's well thought out ideas, let's take another look at something (don't mind my bad mood):
Quote: "How can you tell it's solid, it's a screenshot, that could have been taken during the only spot in the level with that framerate?"

At the bottom, there's a thing that says F:39. That is where the FPS is.

EDIT2: @ Slayer =

"I hope all of you go straight to heaven so I don't have to deal with you again in hell!"
--MeZoFoRtE
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2008 02:37 Edited at: 5th Apr 2008 02:37
When are vehicles and the terrain editor coming out!111one

[img]
[/img] Check out the Elite OPS Terrorstike thread in the showcase.
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2008 05:31 Edited at: 5th Apr 2008 21:04
Well... The headshots kinda are messed up. Tall people have headshot areas that go too far down on their body, even to the stomach. Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFtnUZaolB8. Maybe a variable could be added for headshot range...

ARE YOU A LONE WOLF? CLICK BELOW TO JOIN THE PACK.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2008 08:21 Edited at: 7th Apr 2008 20:07
Lee, I think the following issue might be a newer version issue. It might have started with 1.08 but I didn't come across this until now. I talked with Bond1 about it because it first came up with one of his Model Pack 18 Fantasy characters I was using. I wanted to place Fearghal on one of the SciFi gantries and the character would not move down the gantry and just run in place (and its not one of those previous issues where we need to do a PageeUp on the characer). Talking with Mark, we came to find out that all of the characters (even my favorite test character, Thug) do not move over the gantries of any genre including WWII. I had a WWII game with version 1.07 and the sniper moved well over the WWII bunker gantry. Had his speed and health bumped up so he was difficult to take out as he moved from sided to side a lot. Anyway, I decided to test this level with the current version and the sniper character does not move. It's really strange that it's just the gantries, although I had a similar problem with a free custom road segment but I did a work-around with that one. Cannot do it with this situation however. If you need me to send you anything let me know. I was going to email you this but I know that you probably read this thread at least once in awhile.

ADDENDUM:

Lee had contacted me and said this would be fixed in the migration. There is a good reason for doing it at that time.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2008 12:32
How do you turn off collision??

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2008 19:08 Edited at: 5th Apr 2008 21:14
Quote: "How do you turn off collision??"

I sure hope you're saying that sarcastically...

In the APPEARWITHHEADSHOT.FPI, edit the thing headshot=1 to headshot=60 (60 is the perfect headshot height).

"I hope all of you go straight to heaven so I don't have to deal with you again in hell!"
--MeZoFoRtE
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2008 21:30
Quote: "How do you turn off collision??"

And so what does that have to do with this thread?

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 01:58
If you are experiencing parts of the scene disappearing with this V109 BETA version using standard media, send me the FPM level and a step by step description of how I can reproduce the effect along with a screen shot of the bug. It is unlikely there will be any more significant speed increases with V109. The next round of optimizations will occur with the migration version, where I hope to provide some significant increases as we will be switching to timer based logic (which means no FPS cap).

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 02:45
Can someone describe what timer-based is? Is it like more fluid movements or something?
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
No, it means your player can(as an example) reach the end of the room in 4 seconds at 5 fps, or at 500.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 03:54
Ah.
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 16:26
theres also a werid bug by me,all the levels that are by fps creator like ww2 and terrorstrike,i cant pick up health,same happens to my games,i dont know how to fix and also when i add the entity and place it directly on the map without doing anything and test the game the enemy wont shoot me or die,they lie on the floor with the collision fully on and they dont drop anything so i cant get past some guys at all

Soldier of Fortune Episode 1
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 17:13
New BETA2 uploaded which adds a few of the ACTION points plus some fixes. Those experiencing issues that are not related to the transition from V107 to V109 should port their issues in the Bug Report forum so we can get to those in the migration version. This update is to deliver the featured you voted for and ensure we make FPS Creator no worse that V107 in the process.

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 18:02
Quote: "where I hope to provide some significant increases as we will be switching to timer based logic (which means no FPS cap)."

That will be great!

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 18:57 Edited at: 7th Apr 2008 19:08
now that's just strange, i installed v.109, placed a start marker, and in the map screen everythihng is in german, where as in the library everything is in english. it's never done that before

EDIT: just player start, white light and heal zone are in german... so far

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 20:37
Excellent, can't test it right now because my PC's on the fritz, (GFX card, not FPSC), but will as soon as I get it fixed......

bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
i am really looking forward to the timer based system, everything has worked for me so far, hope all goes well.

BJKDAW
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2008 01:35
I'll DL when I get home.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2008 07:12
Downloaded yesterday. Everything working OK as far as I can tell. At least I have no problems with my current game level.
bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
same beta 2 is working brilliantly, the only thing i have found though is that certain parts of my level have slowed slightly since the V1.09 update. it might not be to do with the update but i haven't altered things in my map.

BJKDAW
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2008 14:23
Things have slowed in some pars in my level, too, but I can fix that by turning off Physics for static objects.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2008 19:00
Yeah, it says building portals for ages, even if there is none.

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2008 19:00
Quote: "Things have slowed in some pars in my level, too, but I can fix that by turning off Physics for static objects."

Considering that static objects are rendered as part of the background geometry and do not affect physics anyway I think you better try something else.

RIP Floating Skull unknown-2007 we will miss you in FPSC x10
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2008 21:41
I have the portal building thing too. It stays there for a long time, sometimes up to half a minute Also, I can't find the bloodonfloor toggle anywhere in the setup file.

[img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2008 22:10
I quote Lee's FIRST Action line:

Quote: "ACTION - We will add a flag to pre-generate data in the build step (slower builds) for faster loading times"

Perhaps this includes the Test Game as well... because technically it IS building the game, if only temporarily.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2008 22:54
Quote: "Considering that static objects are rendered as part of the background geometry and do not affect physics anyway I think you better try something else."

What would "something else" be then, Fred?
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2008 23:12
Quote: "Perhaps this includes the Test Game as well... because technically it IS building the game, if only temporarily."
Ahhh! But isn't it also a loading time

[img]
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 9th Apr 2008 23:18
If you have time, build it. Then let us know if it loads faster than it builds. I was curious about this feature too.

Best.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 01:45
Quote: "What would "something else" be then, Fred? "

You can try crying...
I do that a lot...

RIP Floating Skull unknown-2007 we will miss you in FPSC x10
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 02:01
Quote: "Ahhh! But isn't it also a loading time"

I don't believe so. Everything has been built and placed in an exe and universe dbo/dbu plus other files necessary to the game. These should load very quickly because it doesn't have to rebuild each time the actual game (level) is played. All the load has to do is gather the other assets for inclusion in the level and because the objects are also in dbo format it will load quickly as it is native to DB.

Although it is difficult to come up with empirical data it does seem to me that the actual built game load is faster. I regularly build games to see if everything is working like it should.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 02:18 Edited at: 10th Apr 2008 02:50
Quote: "Things have slowed in some pars in my level, too, but I can fix that by turning off Physics for static objects."

AI, I, too am not sure that would actually help, as FredP mentioned. It actually becomes a part of the universe DBO and I think by default physics is off for static objects. I may be wrong. I continually grab at straws myself.

I have noticed certain character entities will for some reason slow down the frame rate. Although I love Bond1's fantasy characters and will use them extensively in my current game in some instances when I add the character the frame rate will go down in the immediate vicinity of the character; especially when going towards the character. The frame rate goes down to about 22-25 from 37. This particular character has a "default" AI in the main as I am using it just to have dialog with so it even has limited animation. However, when I put the "Thug" character in its place the frame rate remains at the same rate of 37. However, once the character disappears (destroyed) the frame rate in that general vicinity is again at a consistent 37. This also happens with the PitCrawler but when it too disappears the frame rate goes back up.

In my opinion, I don't believe that the player of the game will notice it too much, especially if one makes sure that the entity is eventually destroyed.

I also am assuming that in the migration we may not find too many problems with frame rates as it will be uncapped anyway.

BTW, A.I., have you tried uncapping the frame rate and seeing what that does for those areas of the game? That's just a curiosity question as it won't effect the final game. I haven't done that with my level and I think I will test that myself anyway.

ADDENDUM #1:

I did a quick test and uncapped that level. Before the character appeared I was getting between 60 and 100 fps depending on areas of the level and before the character was spawned. After the character was spawned the vicinity of the character still went down to around 22-25 fps. That concerns me because I wonder if the migration version will do any good for that problem?

ADDENDUM #2:

I uncapped with the thug in place. The frame rate also went down but not as much. It went down to between 45-55 as I moved within the vicinity of the thug (after it was spawned). This is compared with 60-100 mentioned in addendum #1.
Loyal Servant of The Emperor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 23:20
I just tried the new update and every level was just a concrete 4x4 segment with nothing in it.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 23:39
Quote: "every level was just a concrete 4x4 segment with nothing in it."

That seems a little boring... you should think about expanding your level a bit more.

Perhaps throw in some enemies and little objects to add some atmosphere.

[/sarcasm]

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 12:35
Hey, quick question, how do you turn off DarkLights?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 13:10
I am not sure but I think you look for this:
Quote: "lightmapold=0"

in the setup.ini file and change it to:
Quote: "lightmapold=1"

That might do the trick... at least, that makes sense to me.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

narcoman
Years of Service
User Offline
i cant build mor than 3 levels with beta 2.the frame rate never goes abowe 32
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 17:49 Edited at: 12th Apr 2008 17:59
I just did a build of a simple test. The setup.ini file doesn't seem to have "lightmapold." However, that doesn't mean anything as if "0" were the default, one would not need that line. So, if you don't see the line and if that flag is supposed to be working in V1.09b, then as Plystire said, you would set it to "1". You will of course have to add the line in the setup.ini yourself.

EDIT:

Ooops. Looking at wrong setup.ini. The flag is working as was stated by Lee.

I was looking at the setup.ini that is remade after the build. Plystire was talking about setup.ini in the parent directory of FPSC. I forgot about that one. The default value is "0" of course and you would have to change it to "1" in order to use the old way that FPSC used light mapping. I didn't have to say anything at all, did I?

There is also the flag "bloodonfloor" that Lee mentioned in this same setup.ini file. It's default is "0" as well.

You can tell, I wasn't sure where these flags were at first. I'm glad it was brought up.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 01:11
Ok, bit of an odd thing going on here. I create my game, test it, everything is fine, no trouble whatsoever, I change a few things round, add stuff, remove stuff, go to test it and it's testing the last built game before I made changes. I've clearly made changes in the editor but it doesn't seem to rebuild these changes except for when I change the lighting.

Anyone else getting this?

moncho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 01:15
the only problem i have is the textures come out all wrong
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Ok, bit of an odd thing going on here. I create my game, test it, everything is fine, no trouble whatsoever, I change a few things round, add stuff, remove stuff, go to test it and it's testing the last built game before I made changes. I've clearly made changes in the editor but it doesn't seem to rebuild these changes except for when I change the lighting.

Anyone else getting this?"

Well, for me, if I have a 4x4(example) room with a certain segment and I test it, if in the editor I make a new 4x4 room right where the old one was, but with a different segment, it will give me my old room and not the new one.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 03:58:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 03:58:49