Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] EAI 2008 W.I.P. (56k warning)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 17:29
Hey, Errant, could you give me the line number for the flak crash with AirMod? Could help me pinpoint and fix the problem until a new source is released.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 23:05
LOLOLOL! Nice one EAI, LOL'ed at the sound for the reload though

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
hehe What was the LOL part? The winding? I find it sort of whimsical, myself. I figure it must have some sort of ratcheting system to keep the spring from unwinding while it has tension for it.

Good News! Airslide has made a fix for the flak bug so no wories with the M32 in the next AirMod release. Still, I wouldn't reccomend users changing to bouncing flak unless the lifespan is also decreased to around 20-30. This is because there can really only be 3 active flak on the map at any given time or else they may chain react.

For anyone with posts per page set to max, M32 video and release notice is on the previous page.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2008 07:56
The WW2 bullet casing sounds actually

[img]
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2008 09:39
RELEASED! Yay!

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2008 12:19
Just bought the new launcher available now at the TGC store and it is sweet.Between you and Bond I'm not going to be able to afford to eat any more...

The floating skull is gone but the flames burn on!!!
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Between you and Bond I'm not going to be able to afford to eat any more..."

Sounds like a winning diet plan to me

UPDATE: 870P1 UPLOADED TO GCS

This has been sitting nearly done for a while now. So, I figured I might as well release it. It uses a segmented reload like the stock Mossberg. It also includes a fancy reload like MP 9/10 but no reload sound is included for that.

This baby takes advantage of Airslide's dynamic shotgun reloading system. So, that aspect will work in his old, old mod as well as source mods suporting AirMod 0.5. One of my favorite AirMod features is the dynamic shot spread. If you shoot something close all the pellets hit in a tight bunch or spread out over distance like a proper shotgun should.

It may not be uber-new-fangled or high-speed but it'll help you harvest zombies and keep hippies off the lawn just fine.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF02hC1HOsY

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow...I gotta get some points.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2008 03:12
Another weapon...well,as soon as it's available I'm either going to have to buy it or buy points and then buy it...
I have flour and water...I am sure I can make something out of that...
It's not on the GCS yet (I just checked...) but as soon as it is...it shall be mine....

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2008 06:21
Dude...

Awesome!

I love you and Airslide.

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Great work. It will mow down Bond's legion of zombies
really nice-like.

Astek

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
@ EAI:
Cool! Two new guns! Anyway, from what you said about SWAT teams and SCAR rifles, I guess that I could have the SCAR in the game I'm working on, it just wouldn't really fit in, so I guess the G36 would be a better choice instead. I'll probably buy both, though.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2008 08:46 Edited at: 7th Jun 2008 08:51
xyzz1233, yeah. Totally up to you, of course. I expect the SCAR will become very popular in the next few years in the U.S. I think they're going to start commercial sales Q1/Q2 2009 but don't quote me on it. One thing is to keep in mind is that FN has a manufacturing plant (FNH-USA)in the states (Where SAWs, M-240s and M-16s are made), so they will be more common than HKs which have to be imported. The exception would be if the XM8 came back and won a major contract. Then, HK would have to set up a plant in America. However, if your story is set in Europe, the G36 would be much more common. It's good to do your homework though. With some effort you can usualy find out what kit any major tactical teams within the U.S.A. use.

Thanks for the support, guys. The 870P should be available whenever TGC does their next approval sweep.
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2008 11:50
Quote: "870P1"

Damn thats a big mean... ... ... .. aint it?

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2008 12:35
Loving the shotgun Errant.

I think that's the same shotgun at the end of Terminator 2. When I first saw the film I thought it was a SPAS.

Talking about SPASs, I have been working on a SPAS-12 recently. Those new hands I posted on the 3D board don't really look good on it so i'll probably re-do them, again. By the way, I noticed in your shotgun video you're using Airmod's shotgun reload. I tried using it for my SPAS but it ramdomly plays the firing animation and such.

http://www.freewebs.com/teammegabasic/
For low price FPSC and Dark BASIC media packs.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2008 13:53
Check your inbox EAI, i've sent you an email.

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2008 18:51 Edited at: 7th Jun 2008 18:53
Quote: "I think that's the same shotgun at the end of Terminator 2. When I first saw the film I thought it was a SPAS."

Correct! The forearm was probably different though. I actually put an 870 Wingmaster forearm on it rather than the standard 870P forearm which is shorter and not as pretty (but more compattable with a "side-saddle" shell caddy).

Quote: "I noticed in your shotgun video you're using Airmod's shotgun reload. I tried using it for my SPAS but it ramdomly plays the firing animation and such."

Randomly, how? You shouldn't have a reload animation at all. Only reload start, reload loop and end reload.

Here's the gunspec for the 870P, It should help guide you if you're going for full-on AirMod yumminess:

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2008 19:17
Yep; pretty sure weapon modeling/texturing is a path I'll stay away from, better to concentrate my efforts elsewhere.

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
out of curiosity how long did it take for you to make these or when did you start \

or the average span for the time on the weapons creation/animation cause these i must say are amazing!

note why havent you sold these on turbo squid am happy an all to get em for $3 but are you?

i am proof
there is no god
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
@ EAI:
Well, it just seems weird that SWAT teams would have a grenade launcher, like the SCAR does... I dunno... Maybe I'll have to rework my story a bit.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2008 20:17
Man, three weapons behind now, I need to refill my points

[img]
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Man, three weapons behind now, I need to refill my points"

It might be some time before any more or released beyond something I'm trying to wrap up right now. So, you'll have some time to catch up lol

Quote: "Well, it just seems weird that SWAT teams would have a grenade launcher, like the SCAR does... I dunno... Maybe I'll have to rework my story a bit. "

There will be versions without the launchers as well. In fact, the Mk16 and Mk17 non-GL versions will be released before the GL versions, I think.

Quote: "out of curiosity how long did it take for you to make these or when did you start \
or the average span for the time on the weapons creation/animation cause these i must say are amazing!
note why havent you sold these on turbo squid am happy an all to get em for $3 but are you?"

I might put some stuff up on TS later this year but I'm in no hurry. I've had an artist account for a couple years now but never put anything up. Average time span varries greatly depending on what if anything I can reuse from previous efforts and I almost never work on one thing from start to finish. I usually have several things going on at once which makes for less burn-out and better ending quality. I generally measure progress in weeks not days and never in hours.

Quote: "Yep; pretty sure weapon modeling/texturing is a path I'll stay away from, better to concentrate my efforts elsewhere."

Gunspec isn't that scary, is it? I'm still waiting to see some stuff from you on GCS!

Seriously though (and not addressed to anyone in speciffic, esp. you, Keith). I see a a fair amount of people struggling to get weapons into FPSC. My best advice is to take things slow, start by reverse engineering an existing weapon and expect a lot of trial and error. Thats after reading Opposing Force's tutorial, of course. There's no tool out there that's going to help you understand the process other than the one between your ears.
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2008 21:50
Thank you for helping me with the shotgun, it works beautifully now.

http://www.freewebs.com/teammegabasic/
For low price FPSC and Dark BASIC media packs.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2008 22:15 Edited at: 7th Jun 2008 22:16
Hey Errant, did you get my email?

Signature test!!! Please check out my thread!

Please check out my WWII Media Pack 1 FPSC thread... [href]http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=131014&b=3&p=0[href]
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2008 22:49
The shotgun's till not up on the store...

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The shotgun's till not up on the store..."

I don't think they approve anything on the weekends. They usually start approving around 2AM (PST) Sunday or Monday (can't remember) morning.

Aaagreen, got it and replied.

Quote: "Thank you for helping me with the shotgun, it works beautifully now."

Awesome!

Well, Airslide has been on a coding rampage today. I'll be cramming to get another release or two ready the next couple days. Then I'll be winding down development for a while.
GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 8th Jun 2008 04:14 Edited at: 8th Jun 2008 04:15
Errant AI
I have a small small prob with your gold XIX hand gun.
The texture wont show when i downloaded it was not gold
How may i fix this? Plez help

Myspace:http://www.myspace.com/DEATH1sniper
Hame Page:http://snipereliteforce.spruz.com/
AMSHNOK!!!
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2008 05:09 Edited at: 8th Jun 2008 05:15
GOTH 1 SNIPER,

The files passed TGC QA. So, they should be fine. I also rechecked the uploaded zip contents and all is as it should be.

You might have gotten a bad download. You can download purchased content up to 5 times. I'd try downloading once more.

If the problem persists: Please email me small filesize .jpgs of:

1. The entity icon in the editor.
2. Ingame screenshot of the problem.
3. Screenshot of the file directory contents showing the pathname as well for files\gamecore\guns\eai\xixse2

IF ANYONE ELSE IS HAVING A PROBLEM LIKE THIS I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT ASAP

Other news: Airslide now has a website for AirMod!
MP9/10 owners can download beta updates for the MCS870 and JSCSbreecher shotguns as well as the full uptate for the XIX. Updates do not include new textures. Only the HUD.X and gunspec.txt files and sound effects which have needed to be modified for the new animations are included.
Go to : http://airmod.googlepages.com/airmodcontent2
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2008 05:27
Quote: "I'm still waiting to see some stuff from you on GCS!"

Yes, I've been very busy on creating an uber cool texture for my 6-sided cube....I mean crate....

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 8th Jun 2008 05:36 Edited at: 8th Jun 2008 05:50
Quote: "You can download purchased content up to 5 times"

Ya I did try all 5 times same for some other ppl's model's
The one i fixed my self but the gun didnt give me the right textur file I downloaded all 3 your your XIX Hand gun's an but when i downloaded the gold XIX is just gave me the black one witch i already downloaded
I go to purchasedErrant AIWeaponsPistols in the editer an all i have is the 2-tone, black an gold but the gold one is black

so i have 1 (2tone), 2 (Black)

One of thim is sapost to be gold
ok i went to that folder an it's just one big mess there are 2copy's of black one one copy of 2-tone

AMSHNOK!!!
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
There is no black XIX

XIXSE1 = 2-Tone
XIXSE2 = Gold
XIXSE3 = Silver

If you're maxed out for downloads (which sucks for many reasons), please send me the screenshots I have requested. ALSO send me the the info about date/time (TGC server time, not local time) the transaction completed. I may be able to cross reference with sales data and directly email you the files, if need be.

I would also suggest contacting TGC to see if they will let you re-download if it somehow gave you the wrong files.

Quote: "Yes, I've been very busy on creating an uber cool texture for my 6-sided cube....I mean crate...."

You must be uber radiosity rendering the texture in Lightwave or something
GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 8th Jun 2008 06:37
Ok i sent you an email of the gun's an my licenses that came with the gun's

AMSHNOK!!!
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Errant AI, can I use mp 9\10 hand models to make my custom weapons, cause I would like to make a rocket launcher for my game.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2008 20:12
I cant extract them. It's too difficult

I guess i'll have to put this project on hold for a very long time.

Please check out my WWII Media Pack 1 FPSC thread... http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=131014&b=3&p=0
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2008 21:21 Edited at: 8th Jun 2008 21:22
@ GOTH 1 SNIPER: Hope you're all squared away now.

@ GERM: I replied in your thread about this.
GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 9th Jun 2008 01:15
Quote: "Hope you're all squared away now."

YEs ty for the help =)

AMSHNOK!!!
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Errant... I have a request if I may. I think it would make a great
weapon and I would buy it for sure.
How about an spray paint can weapon with a complimentary lighter
that can be used to be a flamethrower weapon. You KNOW that would be
SICK.
I'd have no other but you do this as well.

Astek

born for game
Years of Service
User Offline
what the size of the weapon's texture is? 1024*1024 is enough?
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2008 08:35
How did Butters even do that flamethrower?

JRH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2008 09:13 Edited at: 10th Jun 2008 02:03
There isn't a word to describe this. I'd thather you sold as a pack rather than via TGC store.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was too big
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah... Butters made a weapon like that can/lighter combo
but he never finished it (obviously) and/or did not release it
to the community. I'd like to see Errant pull it off.

Astek

Dark Jaguar Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2008 17:09
Errant AI..
Its my monitor but even with the highest light and contrast the movies of your weapons are to dark..

I need a new flat screen to see the movies..
maybe you can make in the future the lights marker a little bit bigger?

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2008 17:55
EAI, if I ever get rich, I'm hiring you to do all the weapons for EOT and Bond 1 for the characters. That would rock

[img]
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2008 22:13 Edited at: 9th Jun 2008 22:16
@ ASTEK: I already made a spray can a long time ago when I was working on my scorch mod. The problem is that what the can/lighter would need in order to look believable isn't yet possible in X9. It would look cheesy, at best, with the current tech. There are some things I've discussed with Airslide which might make it more achievable in the future. As for Butter's flamethrower, it only worked for enemys and was how he set up the character. It wasn't the sort of thing that would work for the player weapon and I have no idea how the effect behaved under different lighting conditions.

@ Miposter: There may be a pack at some point but don't hold your breath. I'm not sure how into packs TGC is these days as they get a highter % and more revinue per item from GCS. Also, your sig is really big.

@Dark Jaguar Flame: Sorry about that (You still use a CRT?!). I balance my textures to look best in low-light conditions as is common in FPSC games. I also work with a 1000:1 contrast ratio monitor (quite bland by today's standards). Then, windows movie maker makes things darker and the YouTube conversion darker still. Sometimes I remember to bump up the ambient light when recording but usually I forget.

@ Slayer_2, If I gever got rich, I might do it for free LOL.

NEWS:

870P1 is now on GCS!

Just to make things known, I have authorized Opposing Force to use MP9/10 arms (He didn't ask, btw. I offered and he accepted) for customer work and his own creations. I don't know how much he charges but sometimes he helps out forumers for free and whatever his fee, it is sure to be less than mine. So, grats to OpFor!
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2008 22:56
OpFor, LOL! Just realized why they're called that in CoD4

[img]
Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2008 00:55
Quote: "There isn't a word to describe this. I'd thather you sold as a pack rather than via TGC store."

Yeah, maybe. I'm beginning to wonder if the TGC store will be the downfall of model packs. I mean, sure it's great for non-commercial modellers to get their models published.

Artist/Modellor of Encrypto Studios
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2008 02:01
EAI,
Just bought the shotgun while ago and I am loving it.Thanks again.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2008 08:35
This deserves a bump.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 06:23
Amen to that Fred.

EAI PWNS!

I hate to say it, but I really wanna see an Ak-47 or pistol next

[img]
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline