Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] EAI 2008 W.I.P. (56k warning)

Author
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2008 14:35
Quote: "and 3ds MAX 8 but I don't know how to use it."

After paying $3,500 for it, I would sure hope you'd know how to use it.

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2008 17:08
I do.
just look around for tutorials and such, Max-realms.com has some great video tuts that I suggest you use.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2008 20:23
Quote: "Quote: "and 3ds MAX 8 but I don't know how to use it."
After paying $3,500 for it, I would sure hope you'd know how to use it."

I felt bad for forking out $25 for Milkshape when I wasn't sure I could use it...

The floating skull is gone but the flames burn on!!!
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Errant AI:
I'm really excited about the P90 and the M32, especially when they've got AirMod capabilities. I wish I were as good at this as you. Anyway, I've got time to spare, seeing that my upcoming game is on hold for FPSC V2, and I really don't want to start on anything for fear of my level getting messed up in the update, so this means that the SCAR can wait for... months, probably, because I'll just substitute in some of your MP9 & 10 weapons. Oh, and by the way, couldn't you just stick FPSC on a flash drive and take it to an internet cafe? Just thinking... So good luck with the move, and we hope to see some more great weapons!
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 00:25 Edited at: 31st May 2008 00:26
Quote: "couldn't you just stick FPSC on a flash drive and take it to an internet cafe? "

Never thought of it as an option, really. Interesting idea though. Wasn't aware you could do that with PCs (I know Macs could do it back in the day). Might have directX issues though.

Finishing up P90 entity models now. Tonight I'll test everything in AirMod, Ply's and stock FPSC, cut new videos and start uploading to GCS.

After P90, I'll hop onto the M32. It has unique gameplay, so I want to get it up on GCS.

And yeah... I was being facetious about Paint and Sketch-up. I've been using PS/Max for more than/close to a decade now. I should be a lot better but I'm lazy lol
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 00:48
You should probably use a portable hard drive to cart FPSC to an internet cafe. Unless you can find a 20gb flash drive.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 01:00
Yeah, but those things cost like $40. I just have a 128 Mb flash-drive.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 01:50
Quote: "do not default to being full auto grenade launchers when loaded into unmodded FPSC "

Hehe...noticed that. I could simply have it so instead of using flak=X you have altflak=X. It would do EXACTLY the same thing as flak, but it wouldn't be read by the default engine.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 02:38
Quote: "Yeah, but those things cost like $40. I just have a 128 Mb flash-drive."

Yeah, but a 128Mb flash drive is not going to hold a file.... lemme check....

4GB big.

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 02:49
I found a 4 gb pendrive for £7 bout 14$.

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 20:27 Edited at: 31st May 2008 20:32
@ The Toasty:

They have 64GB flash drives. Except it costs more than my computer

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch.hmx?SCriteria=AA54790

@ LT Tatters:

Heh... Maybe I'll buy one. It's weird that only 5 or so years ago, a 256MB flash drive was that much.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 20:45 Edited at: 31st May 2008 20:51
P90s have been uploaded to the GCS and are awaiting approval!

YouTube:

EAI P90 SE & P90SD SE Animations
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgvVa7jnT48

EAI P90DUAL Animation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0sLGvfYva8

EAI P90SDDUAL Animations
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK_sIHitXNU

Ok. So, discussion of flash drive price aside, is it actually possible to run the FPSC editor from one? Would it work just by coppying the relevant directories and .exes to the drive or would it need to be installed somehow? I guess I'm used to most windows applications having components stored outside of the main directory which are needed for the application to work.
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW! Those look incredible!

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Errant AI:

Wow! I really like the P90, and I'm itching to buy. I just wanna wait for the SCAR and M32 so I get them all at once. About the flash drive, I put together a guide. Not sure if it'll work, though.

OK, here's what you do:

1. Copy all of the .exe and .ini files from your FPSC folder into a new one.

2. Make a folder called "Files."

3. Copy these folders right out of FPSC's "Files" folder- "editors," "effectbank," "languagebank," "License," "Prefabs," "scriptbank," and "TGCStore."

4. Copy your gamecore folder over, but do NOT include the "guns" folder.

5. Make new folders called "entitybank" and "meshbank."

6. Copy over the "generic" folder to entitybank, and the "common" folder to meshbank.

You now have a 120MB Fps Creator installation purely for using the TGC Store. Just don't touch the editor.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 22:52
They have no hands...

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 02:34
AWESOME! Eagerly awaiting the arrival of these.

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 02:46
@ Slayer 222

Uhh...yeah man they have hands, lol.

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 10:52
Errant AI I downloaded every model you made =)
I need more lol
the P90 look's WOW

Myspace:http://www.myspace.com/DEATH1sniper
Hame Page:http://snipereliteforce.spruz.com/
AMSHNOK!!!
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 22:59
Quote: "Uhh...yeah man they have hands, lol."
Um, no they don't... Look at the dual reload. There's no hand cocking the bolt.

[img]
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 23:23 Edited at: 1st Jun 2008 23:25
What?! Slayer, you didn't notice the invisible-to-the-naked-eye monofillament line which connects the charging handle to the players tactical gear???

The other hand is busy holding the other gun! One of the asthetic/gameplay trade-offs in Ply's Mod. The one handed animations aren't meant to be all too realistic so much as just interesting and quick. You can still be shooting one gun while the other is reloading. The part of the animation where the cocking handle is pulled back is off-screen. you only see it snap foreward in view. So maybe you have a little Quatto dude comming out of your tummy that helps you? I don't even know how you would remove and replace the magazine with one hand quickly so suspension of disbelief is already broken, IMO.

The traditional-style dual wield versions reloads more properly.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 23:36
Whenever I find $20 around here, I'll buy your weapons pronto! What weapons you gonna do next? Micro-Uzi, G36C?

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
For new weapons; G36/G36C but not until after I move. It'll be a couple months before new weapons are being produced again. I have about a week of productivity left before I need to switch over to archival and moving mode.
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm, I don't know if anyone asked this, but will you be uploading the MP9/10 guns to the store too?

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 00:13 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2008 00:14
Some of them. Eventually. I don't want to put up anything unless it's been updated/improved. I'm also in a little-bit of a wait-and-see stance with GCS. 9/10 sales have been good and I'm not ready to slit my own throat just yet. Theres also some things which will never make it to GCS such as all the extra ammo pickups, hand variations (though some will make it) and scorch mod.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 01:06
Quote: "What?! Slayer, you didn't notice the invisible-to-the-naked-eye monofillament line which connects the charging handle to the players tactical gear???

The other hand is busy holding the other gun! One of the asthetic/gameplay trade-offs in Ply's Mod. The one handed animations aren't meant to be all too realistic so much as just interesting and quick. You can still be shooting one gun while the other is reloading. The part of the animation where the cocking handle is pulled back is off-screen. you only see it snap foreward in view. So maybe you have a little Quatto dude comming out of your tummy that helps you? I don't even know how you would remove and replace the magazine with one hand quickly so suspension of disbelief is already broken, IMO."
Do it Halo style. Make you lower your guns then bring them back up to reload.

[img]
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
I suggested that but he wasn't into it. Nothing more I can do about it.

It should be simple enough for Ply to add a gunspec function for twohandedreload = 0/1 or the like so that it can be specified by the game designer. Then, the gun(s) would be put away and the normal,two handed reload played. Who knows, he might change things up when he gets around to adding AirMod. Especially if AirMod has support for tactical reloading, etc. and users lobby for it.
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 05:58
Awesome work.

Any chance of getting female hands included?
Also different skin tones? I would like a little
diversity with my heroes!

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, Uthink.

These are compatable with the 70 alternate hand textures issued with model packs 9-10. While there is no dedicated female mesh, there are several feminine skins which pull off the illusion allright on most weapons. I say most because the female, open-fingered glove skins still look a bit too manly on weapons like the MP10 hand grenade. The fully gloved ones are pretty much just the various skin tones without arm hair and sleeker looking gloves.

Here's a reference guide to hand skins:

Maniac Modeler
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "70 alternate hand textures"

Thats UNREAL
You are AMAZING EAI
Wow.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, Maniac Modeler. I've only seen a few of the alternates ever used. So, I'm not sure it was totally worth the effort. That said, the maps are set up so that with a little cutting and pasting on the user's end, there's another 20 or so variations which could easily be made by mixing and matching.

P90s are on the GCS now
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 14:04
WOOT! Buying right now and rating.

born for game
Years of Service
User Offline
oh.I hope one day I can do the excellent job as you.now I should learn from you.Would you please help me in modelling one day in the future when I get problems? thanks .
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 22:52 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2008 23:13
born for game , if I'm around and can, then sure. Within reason, of course. I usually don't help people or comment on other modeler's threads since that one guy (I can't remember) threw a hissy fit and ran away from the forums after I tried to give him advice

Quote: "WOOT! Buying right now and rating."

Cool. Did you give the 1 star rating or the 2 star one?

Anyways, I want to be delivering high-quality assets here. So, if there's a reason for someone to give a low rating, I'd appreciate some feedback. If something is fudamentally wrong, I want to know about it!

To people who have purchased weapons in the past and not left a rating, please do so. The ratings are important and only about 1 in 10 (or less) leave any rating at all.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 01:22
Gave it a 4/5 rating as the dual reloading should be Halo style to avoid realism lovers wrath (think Slayer). Other than that it would be a 5/5.

[img]
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 02:26 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2008 02:27
Quote: "Gave it a 4/5 rating as the dual reloading should be Halo style to avoid realism lovers wrath (think Slayer). Other than that it would be a 5/5."

Which version are you talking about? The P90DUAL and P90SDDUAL do it the way you are talking about. The P90SE and P90SDSE have to have the Ply's Mod animations the way they are or else there would be three hands on screen at one time. I have no control over how the mod is coded. The code would have to be changed and if it was, it could work the way you describe but that is not even remotely my decision to make. If realisim is a key issue, then don't dual wield at all
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 02:31
Quote: "Here's a reference guide to hand skins:"

I like them!!!
there like css skins.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 05:01
Quote: "Which version are you talking about? The P90DUAL and P90SDDUAL do it the way you are talking about. The P90SE and P90SDSE have to have the Ply's Mod animations the way they are or else there would be three hands on screen at one time. I have no control over how the mod is coded. The code would have to be changed and if it was, it could work the way you describe but that is not even remotely my decision to make. If realisim is a key issue, then don't dual wield at all"
Referring to Ply's mod dual animation reloading. Which might work differently than in the video's, but I don't even own Ply's mod so yeah

[img]
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 05:25
Quote: "There will be no shader maps included. This may change if I ever start doing media for X10"

I'll add my plea for an X10 version!!

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 06:56
same here

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
70!? Wow, great job, I just gotta get some points to keep up with you.

Kinda off topic but in your avatar, EAI, is that HAL from 2001 a space odyssey?

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "70!?"

If you bought MP9 or MP10, you already have them. Should be in a folder called bonus material or something like that. I'm not exactly sure where the installer puts it though. There's also my scorch mod in there too.

Quote: "Kinda off topic but in your avatar, EAI, is that HAL from 2001 a space odyssey?"

Yeah. HAL-9000... The original Errant A.I.

Quote: "X10"

Feel free to donate to my X10 fund via paypal: errant_ai@y...

UPDATE: M32 VWEAP finished. Doing the ammo pickup now. Should be uploaded tonight or tomorrow.
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 01:39
Quote: "M32 VWEAP finished. Doing the ammo pickup now. Should be uploaded tonight or tomorrow. "

Nice.

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 02:13 Edited at: 4th Jun 2008 02:14
Kinda on topic: In 5 or so years, would SWAT teams be using SCAR rifles? I know that they use M4s, but would they use a SCAR once the rifle goes in to mass-production? It just seems kind of weird thinking of a SWAT guy with a SCAR...
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 03:39 Edited at: 4th Jun 2008 03:41
Wow I didn't realise that MP 9/10 came with all those hand textures... That fact and the fact that I have downloaded a couple of your models from the store which are excellent (and I will now go and make sure I rate them after typing this... I often forget to rate purchases) means I will be purchasing MP 9/10 asap...

I haven't read all of this thread so if this has been discussed before sorry.. but for your GCS store guns it says that the Airmod ironsights animations can be used in unmodded FPSC... Is there a tutorial or an explanation somewhere which describes what you need to do for this... I have looked through the gunspec.txt and edited what I thought were the correct parts but I have been unable to get them to work...

Great work, keep it up

[center]
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 07:24 Edited at: 4th Jun 2008 07:45
Quote: "Kinda on topic: In 5 or so years, would SWAT teams be using SCAR rifles? I know that they use M4s, but would they use a SCAR once the rifle goes in to mass-production? It just seems kind of weird thinking of a SWAT guy with a SCAR... "

It's possible. The weapons any SWAT team uses are generally dictated only by their departments budget. As-is, most technically don't use M4s. There are a lot of what amount to short barrelled and carbine-length AR-15s used for perimiter security. Entry teams sometimes use the CQBR sub-carbines with comando-length barrels as a 10 inch barrel is more manuverable in CQC than the M4's 14.5" barrel. Sometimes, they don't use ARs at all and instead use SIG 55X series variants, HKs or even AUGs. Likewise, SMGs are just as varried. Asside from the ever-common MP5s (which are aging now), there are several cities using P90s, UMPs, etc. Shotguns are not nearly as varried and usually limited to variations on the Remington 870 or old Winchesters for pump-guns and Benellis for semi-autos, though I believe a rare few use Saigas now days (don't let anyone convince you SPAS12s are used by anyone outside of the movies). As I said before, it's up to budget but also the communities they opperate in. Some SWAT teams in rural areas might not have any fully-automatic rifles other than surplus M14s or the odd BAR or other relic that's been in the armory since the 40s or so.

Ugh... sorry that was so long. I am easily goated into droning on about such things!

Quote: "Wow I didn't realise that MP 9/10 came with all those hand textures... That fact and the fact that I have downloaded a couple of your models from the store which are excellent (and I will now go and make sure I rate them after typing this... I often forget to rate purchases) means I will be purchasing MP 9/10 asap..."

Hi Thraxas,

Yes. It's not really a well known fact. I thought TGC would have mentioned that when they put the webpage up but they just copy/pasted the weapon list and brief description I gave them. They were also going to make videos but I guess they never got around to it. You'll also find, in those modelpacks, there are a lot of different ammo entities. I think the RPK only has one ammo pickup but the others have 2-4 different quantities to choose from which is great if you want the player to get a bulk amount of ammo without having to pac-man a string of single magazines.

Quote: "I haven't read all of this thread so if this has been discussed before sorry.. but for your GCS store guns it says that the Airmod ironsights animations can be used in unmodded FPSC... Is there a tutorial or an explanation somewhere which describes what you need to do for this... I have looked through the gunspec.txt and edited what I thought were the correct parts but I have been unable to get them to work... "

Let's see if I can shed some light on this but forgive me if I don't fully explore every permutation...

USING IRONSIGHTS ANIMATIONS IN STANDARD FPSC TUTORIAL

(Pardon any speling errors I missed. Couldn't be bothered to properly spell-check)

First of all, it's important to realize that un-modded FPSC can only read the first 100 lines in the gunspec.txt file. Airmod currently reads up to 300 and I think Ply's Mod is 200 but will likely be raised as needed in time. So, that means you can't simply comment out the basic animations and rename the ones lower down in the file. You'll actually need to paste the frame ranges into the slots where you want them.

Once you get comfortable doing that, you'll find you have a lot of options at your disposal. It's not always going to be 100% glitch free but because FPSC will attempt to interpolate/blend different start-end points, it supprised me how smooth it can be. One of the downfalls of this is that when you are in iron-sight view, you're not benifiting from AirMods gunlag feature which means the weapon wil be rather stiff-feeling when you are looking side, etc. However, it's certianly worth experimenting with for designers wanting something different.

Now, how you choose to use the ironsights animations is up to you. The basic three options are:

1. Irons view for idle, movement and shooting.

2. Irons view for idle and shooting only.

3. Irons view for shooting only.

Reloading will always take you out to normal view as there is no alternate perspective for that (or retrieve/putaway).

Now, with the M249A, you actually have even more options because two different iron-sight views have been included. One that is the default as seen in the preview screens and another which looks directly through the peep sight.

The example I am about to give is for the M249A using the standard view for movement, iron sight view v2 for idle and iron sight view v1 for shooting.

Here is the original gunspec (parts have been omitted for brevity and clarity) I am not going to use the code snippet incase anyone wants to print it out or easily copy/paste into a text file for later reference:

;HUD ANIMATION
keyframe ratio = 1
select = 1,13
Idle = 23,49
Move = 51,74
Start fire = 75,77
automatic fire = 78,84
end fire = 85,90
reload = 91,251
putaway = 252,260

[omitted]

;AirMod HUD animation frames list
;ironsight v1
;zoomto = 270,275
;zoomfrom = 280,285
;zoom idle = 323,349
;zoom Move = 351,373
;zoom Start fire = 376,377
;zoom automatic fire = 378,384
;zoom end fire = 385,390
;ironsight v2
zoomto = 400,405
zoomfrom = 410,415
zoom idle = 443,479
zoom Move = 481,503
zoom Start fire = 506,507
zoom automatic fire = 508,514
zoom end fire = 515,520

Take that and change to:

;HUD ANIMATION
keyframe ratio = 1
select = 1,13
Idle = 443,479
Move = 51,74
Start fire = 376,377
automatic fire = 378,384
end fire = 385,390

reload = 91,251
putaway = 252,260

[omitted]

;AirMod HUD animation frames list
;ironsight v1
;zoomto = 270,275
;zoomfrom = 280,285
;zoom idle = 323,349
;zoom Move = 351,373
;zoom Start fire = 376,377
;zoom automatic fire = 378,384
;zoom end fire = 385,390
;ironsight v2
zoomto = 400,405
zoomfrom = 410,415
zoom idle = 443,479
zoom Move = 481,503
zoom Start fire = 506,507
zoom automatic fire = 508,514
zoom end fire = 515,520

;HUD ANIMATION standard view BACKUP
;select = 1,13
;Idle = 23,49
;Move = 51,74
;Start fire = 75,77
;automatic fire = 78,84
;end fire = 85,90
;reload = 91,251
;putaway = 252,260

Note that I have, at the bottom of the file, added a backup of the original values. In theory, you could use the other irons view automatic fire animation but it might look spazzy. I can't remember if I tried it.

AirMod users can also shuffle things around a bit if they want a different feel for their games.

Hope that helps. Have fun experimenting and feel free to share a video of your results!
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 08:39
Sweet, finally an RL from you! M32 grenading fun, here I come!

[img]
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 11:26
Thanks for all that information Errant, it was extremely useful

I can't believe TGC didn't put up all the info about MP 9/10... I would have purchased them much sooner had I known about all the extra features...

[center]
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 02:47
Sooooo.... what's next on the chopping block? After the M32, I mean.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Thanks for all that information Errant, it was extremely useful "

No prob

Quote: "Sooooo.... what's next on the chopping block? After the M32, I mean."

Dunno. I need to sort through some junk so I can try to get rid of some of it at a neighbohood yard sale this weekend.

UPDATE: M32 UPLOADED TO GCS AND AWAITING APPROVAL

Sand/Coyote Brown and Urban/Grey versions to choose from.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OLc5AJ2P0c

Video is running in stock FPSC. There weren't really any super-trick mod animations included other than a centerline animation set for AirMod. There's a picture of what that looks like in the GCS preview. It's sort of a beta thingthough because it's meant to be used in conjunction with a scope overlay but that feature does not exist at this time.

Anyhow, this weapon is probably best used in v1.09 or v1.10 anyhow because of the recent flak bug fix.

This weapon, using the assigned flakspec, is very stable in enclosed maps. If you lob all six grenades out of the map it may crash old versions of FPSC including mods built on 1.07 source.
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 15:29
Quote: "Feel free to donate to my X10 fund via paypal:"

Well, I for one would be willing to pay a little more for an X10 version. Realizing that extra work goes into it!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 00:29:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 00:29:00