Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / AirMod :: FPSC Source Addon

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 05:03 Edited at: 13th May 2008 05:16
The shotgun fix was also posted on on page 3 (gotta love/hate long threads lol)

Gunn3r Games is being kind enough to host. Here's the link:
http://gunn3rgames.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item22

Fixes for both MPs 9/10 shotguns. Only download if you own one or both of the packs because bad things will happen if you don't

The gunspecs I posted on page 7 have a gentle recoil that looks ok with either attack They also have gunlag, etc set up. I'm about to check out your other vid now, Slayer

edit: nice pic Darmic. Reminds me of after the lawnmower scene in Dead Alive lol
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 05:25
Quote: "Fixes for both MPs 9/10 shotguns. Only download if you own one or both of the packs because bad things will happen if you don't"
What'll happen? Aren't they just files? Or did you include a hidden .exe?

Quote: "The gunspecs I posted on page 7 have a gentle recoil that looks ok with either attack"
I saw that. You own COD 4 right? My new one is much more violent. I think I might post another video of it soon

Quote: "I'm about to check out your other vid now, Slayer "
MUHA! It's wicked violent

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 05:39 Edited at: 13th May 2008 05:44
Quote: "What'll happen? Aren't they just files? Or did you include a hidden .exe? "

There are model pack dependencies that will crash FPSC upon test game if 9 or 10 is not installed. That and it'll look silly because no textures are included with the fix files. I shall say no more.

Quote: "You own COD 4 right?"

Nope. No 360 or PS3. I almost bought it for PC but I think I'd rather play Crysis but at any rate I can't risk getting sucked into playing games right now. Too much work to do.

New video is awesome. Gave it 5/5 but couldn't comment because YouTube maintainence just started. I seriously LOL'd when you bust out the G18 and repeatedly dump mags into the air
I liked the gunshot sounds too. They were really good. You should put together a SFX pack. Also, maybe a thread with your tweaked gunspecs.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 05:53
Quote: "but couldn't comment because YouTube maintainence just started"

Yea, and I was JUST about to upload my zombie killing video

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 05:53
Ah, well I own MP 10 so I can't say I've tried seeing what'll happen

Cool, glad you liked it. I've gotten a really awesome gunspec ready for the Brass Knuckles which makes you really "feel" like you're putting all your strength into the punch. It needs a new sound though. Probably a quiet whisper sound. Also, I added a block to the "knuckles". And I did not waste those mags, I cut down one guy As for the pack, I don't know whether you and TGC would be OK with me releasing parts of their/your media. Not like a gunspec's much use by itself, but many of the sounds are stock remix's. But anyhow, even if I do get permission, I don't really want to release those sounds for free until I have EOT finished (if it ever happens). But we'll see how it goes. I really like Airmod as it reminds me of my Quake 4 modding days. The freedom to add new "features" is cool. The bare fist are giving me a really headache deciding how to get cool screen movement effects that look and "feel" good. Maybe I'll remove the fully auto attacks
Slayer_2

[img]
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Yea, and I was JUST about to upload my zombie killing video "

Sadface. Did you get it working?

Gotcha, Slayer. The shotgun sounded totally different and piqued my interest. I eventually want to have a thread for getting the most out of MP9/10 with AirMod but if you beat me to it, I won't be mad Makes me want to do my planned upgrades for those all the much sooner though.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 06:03
Quote: "Did you get it working?"

If I wasn't too lazy to try shaders probably but for now I stuck with a shotgun (for another purpose - breeching a door is fun )

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
lol just click the button. It should be fine as long as you don't use sci-fi segments (WWII work fine) unless the characters get messed up.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 06:16
Quote: "for another purpose - breeching a door is fun"
BREECHING, BREECHING!

Quote: "Gotcha, Slayer. The shotgun sounded totally different and piqued my interest. I eventually want to have a thread for getting the most out of MP9/10 with AirMod but if you beat me to it, I won't be mad Makes me want to do my planned upgrades for those all the much sooner though."
As you know, guns make big booms when they fire And since my game is all over the realism, I'm trying to stray away from crappy rat-tat-a-tat or whispery sounding gunfire. I have a question, are you putting MP 9 weapons in the store soon? I really want to fill my pockets with a Deagle and MP5N I was going to want an AK-47, but it was way to clique for me to use in EOT. So I settled for the 74 upgrades hey? I'm actually quite attached to the sights I have now as when I fire guns, I never use the sights properly, but rather my "senses". Plus I'm rather scared of getting a recoiling gun in the face But I'll keep my eye's peeled anyhow. I would love the upgraded M16/M203.
Slayer_2

[img]
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 11:45 Edited at: 13th May 2008 13:58
WOW! I'm dumb! I just noticed that 1.06 beta was released. 30 SECONDS AGO!

Quote: "So you used 3000+ polies to make a half there gun, for lack of a better term. DO commercial games do that too?
"

Slayer, if you have COD4, go into a level and equip yourself with an M4, then spin around in circles rightways. It looks ver interesting.

Airslide, is there any reason why the framerate is really down? This seems to happen whenever I use third party mods.

BTW, just took it for a spin. Wow. It's awesome! Man, now my games will be REALLY gory, take a look at this screen.

That room had just two enemies in it.
The red stuff on the floor is all that remains of them.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 13th May 2008 14:15
for the blood on floor,what about when the enemy dies,the blood splat starts scaling from 0 to 100 to make it more real?

Soldier of Fortune Episode 1
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 14:19
What about characters that are told to fade away when they die? Having a scaling blood splat on the floor when nothing's there would seem pretty fake to me.

The one and only,

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 14:52
Quote: "What about characters that are told to fade away when they die? Having a scaling blood splat on the floor when nothing's there would seem pretty fake to me. "

?!? Thats easy to fix...just change the script.
Unless you want it to be like that

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 19:50 Edited at: 13th May 2008 19:55
Yea, you can easily change the script. Unfortunetly I can't make the blood fade due to FPSC's scorch system.

EDIT: Oh, on a side note, the firerate parameter, lower number is faster. I reccommend going no lower than 2-4. 12 is Default.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 21:51
Airslide, I wonder if you could make a fix for the disappearing muzzle flashes when you set the fire-rate to 5 or lower? My RPK and G18 are using the "iterate workaround" currently, but it's a really cheap trick. Or maybe you could make burst work for all weapons so we have an iterate that actually takes of the amount of bullets it displays?

[img]
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 22:50
lol!
Quote: "nice pic Darmic. Reminds me of after the lawnmower scene in Dead Alive lol"

Airslide, is there anyway to make other characters block-able without using the melee_blockable.fpi script?

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2008 00:09
Hey, Airslide, I just tried to build a game. The whole game builds but then when I play it, halfway through the loading screen, the game crashes and says "Object does not exist at line *******".

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2008 01:56 Edited at: 14th May 2008 01:57
Hmm. You'll have to give me the line number to help.

@Slayer - I'll see about modifying the muzzleflash routine. I tried making it more precise to the original, but I figure I'll just try and set it up so fast firing weapons work better.

Burst fire works for any weapon with an automatic fire animation. Just put burst=NUMBER OF SHOTS in the gunspec. Works like an M16 burst, so it isn't fully automatic, that's what the firerate is for.

EDIT:
Quote: "Airslide, is there anyway to make other characters block-able without using the melee_blockable.fpi script?"

You mean like Bond's zombies? You'll have to look at the melee_blockable script to see how it's done, than edit the script of the character in question.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2008 02:02
I mean a burst/iterate style fire for the weapons would be cool.

[img]
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2008 02:34
It says "object does not exist at line 18669". Can you help?

Yeah, I tried it with bond's zombies but I couldn't get it.
Quote: "You mean like Bond's zombies? You'll have to look at the melee_blockable script to see how it's done, than edit the script of the character in question.
"

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2008 03:44
That particular line is where the entity's weight is set. My bet is that there's a bad entity in one of your levels. Can you try building a basic room with just a few entities and see if it still returns the error?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2008 06:37
@Airslide:

Line numbers don't mean a whole lot for you right now, since they are probably using a version that you've already been altering. This means the line number won't be pointing to the same line in your source.

The one and only,

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2008 12:57
Hmmm. Can someone explain this alternate weapon thing to me? I would like to know how to bring the alt weapon up.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2008 13:48
I don't think that's it, because I built it with V1.09 and it worked. But thanks for the help.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2008 13:59
Hey, while I was waiting for an answer for the above question, I worked on Slayer's irons for the AK74. It will now work for any of the M4 grenadiers by Errant.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2008 17:16
Cool! I've also set up sights for the other guns as well. But they aren't as cool as the AK's.

[img]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2008 17:28
Quote: "Line numbers don't mean a whole lot for you right now, since they are probably using a version that you've already been altering. This means the line number won't be pointing to the same line in your source."

Actually I haven't modified it since

Finally got my cast off so been a lil busy.

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2008 21:36
Airslide, this mod is brilliant. It really makes FPSC feel more like other commercial games.

One small suggestion. Could you make it so weapons can't reload when they already have a full magazine?

http://www.freewebs.com/teammegabasic/
For low price FPSC and Dark BASIC media packs.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2008 21:48
Actually I like that ability. Being able to remove it with a command would be nice though. Like "alwaysreload = 0" or something to disable it.

[img]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 02:08 Edited at: 16th May 2008 02:13
Opposing force - That feature is on the 0.7 to-do list, but seeing as I'd like it for a project I'm working on right now, I'm gonna bump it up to the 0.6 finalizing to-do list.

EDIT: Also added an "inview" script conditon. It checks to see if the object is inview. I'm using it to make enemy bodies dissappear when a certain distance away and out of view:

Sadly I couldn't "suspend" the object, as that cuts the AI routine out, but the little bit of extra processing so that the body can stay and then be later removed doesn't hurt a lot. Plus, I may be able to later add a command to manually set the amount of time between an object's AI updates, so bodies could be updated rarely where normal AI is updated more constantly.

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 21:26 Edited at: 16th May 2008 21:27
Hang on, with the block feature does that mean I could make a riot shield weapon and baton so you can block with the shield and attack with the baton?

http://www.freewebs.com/teammegabasic/
For low price FPSC and Dark BASIC media packs.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Yep

Once, alt fire is fleshed out, you should also be able to use the shield to bash an enemy. Aditionally, you could have a shield/pistol or shield/SMG combo. I believe any non-flak enemy can be scripted to be blockable, so, if you had a ballistic shield, you could block bullets as well as melee. I think Airslide is planning to put in something so that it detects player facing, so you can only block from the front. Who says shields are just for fantasy?
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 21:45
Wouldn't a riot shield and pistol would be cool? *hint* good future idea for an EAI weapon *hint*

[img]
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL cross-post, Slayer? Yeah. It's on the long-list
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2008 01:37
Every CoD4 and Vegas 2 weapon?

[img]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2008 01:50
The new "inview" function would help with making sure the blocking is facing the right way. I can also add a "screencenterdistless" (or something like that) that detects how far they are from the center of the screen, which would be more flexible. You could do something like:

:state=1,screencenterdistless=50,plrblocking=1:state=2,sound=MYBLOCKSOUND
:state=1:ATTACKTHEPLAYER

As for blocking enemies with ballistic weapons (non-melee & non-flak), it could be scripted so that they don't fire but then you wouldn't hear the sound. I could add a "playgunsound=X", where X is the gun sound (1 generally being fire, 2 generally being reload, 3 generally being dry fire). That could mean you could modify the reloading part of the script to play the gun's actual reload sound.

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
So do we have updates for the MP9/10 weapons using AirMod yet? Or do we have to make them ourselves?
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 07:36
Errant will be releasing updates for the shotguns, AKs, and pistols sometime soon I believe. I'm not sure wether or not they will be on the GCS or free updates for owners of the model packs. He already has released updated shotguns that take advantage of the new reload animation system, but they don't have iron sights yet.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 18th May 2008 09:24 Edited at: 18th May 2008 09:38
cant wait for the release with so many weapons,what about improving projectile weaponry? when the enemy throws a grenade you cant see it on floor and optimizing bazookas for iron sights would be great,maybe some kinda gravity gun from hl2
and immobile placed machineguns would rock too

Maniac Modeler
Years of Service
User Offline
With AirMod would it ever be possible to specify a certain bullet hole to a specific weapon the affects all types of surfaces? (like spray paint and stuff, lol i know ive got some crazy things planed )
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 23:58
Specifying a specific bullet hole is already possible. Look at the Mossberg and Autoslug gunspecs, you'll see "scorchtype", which allows you to choose a specific scorch. Keep in mind that it has to be one in the scorch image, however. I'm thinking about adding a setup.ini parameter or something that wil allow you to have more scorches than currently available.

@Djmaster - Bazookas could be used with ironsights as-is I'm pretty sure. It wouldn't affect accuracy though, I don't think. I'll see if it's possible to give flak accuracy. As for placed machineguns, I've got some ideas for that. It may or may not make it into 0.7 or a later version, as I'm thinking about making that AirMod Special Edition exclusive. And for a gravity gun - that *might* be possible. It would involve some duplication of the pickup-object routine with more flexibility I imagine. Again though, that sounds like something for the special edition or a much later version.

Oh, and FYI, AirMod Special Edition will be worked on after the migration's source is released and FPSC is more stable.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 19th May 2008 15:00 Edited at: 19th May 2008 15:03
great,also improving those buggy collisions for characters and fix the parameters in .fpe files beacause i set the type of surface to stone,but the sound is water,its very buggy,also support for .mp3 would be great,incorporating the free lame_enc.dll would be great

only one question,when can we expect 0.6? beacause im planning to use airmod in my game

EDIT: forgot one more question,since the 0.5 developer source code is free,how do i incorporate the timer based system in the latest source code of fpsc?

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2008 17:25
The timer based system is still WIP, there are some issues with flak and the physics engine. If you really want to though, search for "rem Airslide" and copy over all the timer system related things.

Mp3 support is possible in DBP but I'm guessing the purposely left it out to avoid license issues. I may or may not add that support.

As for buggy character collision - buggy in what ways? You'll have to be more specific. And the materials should work fine, go to your audiobank->materials and open the text file to get all the right numbers (you may have to add or subtract 1 from any value but I don't remember).

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2008 00:13
Character collision.... buggy???

Hmmmm, this sounds familiar somehow...

Oh, right! This is the reason my Mod hasn't been released yet! Character entities that are larger than a normal character (i.e. a vehicle) won't collide with segments correctly. There seems to be a set collision radius for characters.

I haven't found the portion of the source that directly ties to this issue. I have been working to fix that problem for over an entire week now and have not found anything. If Airslide were to find it, that'd be just spectacular.

As for Mp3 support. I'm willing to bet they were wanting to go with small looping wav files for music to save up on space. Not sure how that would fit in, though, what with wav files taking up so much more memory than mp3s. Perhaps Airslide is right in assuming that it was for protecting from copyright issues of songs.

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2008 01:34
Try looking for "_ode_setupewithphysics:". I just peeked briefly and it's got some stuff but I don't think it will directly help you.

Judging by the way characters act, my guess is that there is a seperate box created for the character. I'd look around for that.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2008 07:14
Well, I've done a lot of testing with them, and it appears as though there's a cylinder or a radius of some kind set up for character collision. The collision doesn't act like a box. There's no corners on it is what I mean.

And here's the weird part. The collision between character entities and the player or other entities is perfect. The large character entities like vehicles collide perfectly with other entities and the player, it's JUST collision with walls that's acting like this. I've been through every collision routine in the source (at least I think I have), as far as setting up collision and physics, handling physics and collision via ODE, and dumping it all. I just can't find the part that's responsible.

And it doesn't help that FPSC has your entire level set up as one giant object that's given a single collision check with ODE. (You can search for "ode create static triangle mesh physicsuniverseobj" and that'll put you right where it creates it)

It drove me to the point where I had to ask Lee about it, and the best advice he gave me was:

Quote: " The collision system is quite involved and would take too long to cover to a level that would be of use to you. You might even want to rip it out and add your own in "

I'm still wondering if that was a joke or not.

The one and only,

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 20th May 2008 15:54
also add a support for liquids,a parameter that then moves it like still water or slime without animations or something

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2008 17:36
I'd rip it out and go to sparky's simply for speed if nothing else.

Doesn't an entity react to the level using a raycast to put it on the floor? And prehaps more to detect where it is from walls? That could be it.

I dunno, all I do know is this source is a pain in the rear to go through...

@djmaster - that would only be possible with DarkPhysics, which may or may not be seen in AirMod Special Edition.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2008 17:44
Yeh I think there is RAYCASTDOWN and RAYCASTUP...... :S

Awesome work, Airslide, haven't been able to congratulate you, being banned and all.....

I have returned, after 28 days of exile, fear me!
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 20th May 2008 18:21
i hope you manage to remake the whole source to be a more hightech engine

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 20:53:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 20:53:39