Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / AirMod :: FPSC Source Addon

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2008 01:56 Edited at: 28th Apr 2008 02:14
Behold! Animation Based Iron Sights!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBgmDwj5mv8

Required several new animations to be defined, but I think it's worth it

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Amazing! Just had to uh show up I commented on youtube. Email me.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2008 02:34
Wow! Love the sway when you walk and shoot! LOL, that sounded kinda funny

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2008 02:37
WOW!!! COD4 SIGHT NOW!!!

(Caps off)

That's just awesome!

My first animated Gif. Made in GIMP 2.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 00:11
Hey Airslide, do you think you could create a way to position the gun-smoke maybe? So we don't have to have the smoke appearing in the center of bigger guns. It's a minor problem, but it would be nice to have it fixed. Also, I wanted to bring up the topic of *gulp* dynamic bullet casings Now I don't know what it would take or do to the FPSC engine to have dynamic bullet casings, but as usual, I'm throwing ideas out there

[img]
Nalle Karhu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 17:41
Sorry if this has been asked before but can you have real recoil in AirMod? When you are shooting crosshair moves and makes it hard to aim.
Drapes#10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 18:38
How do you use this mod I haven't a clue how.

SirEus game studios =___MAKING DIFFERENT KINDS OF FPS___=
5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
1.Download the 1.07 update
2.Download AirMod
3.Replace the normal FPSC-Game with the AirMod Version

[IMG]http://forum.thegamecreators.com/g/banners/109.jpg[IMG]
Was cool kid
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 20:40
hey airslide how about a command to set how big the explosion of the grenade will be,the same for its smoke so we can make smokebombs

Soldier of Fortune Episode 1
Drapes#10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 21:07
Oh thanks 5867Dude. guess I can't though i have 1.08

SirEus game studios =___MAKING DIFFERENT KINDS OF FPS___=
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 21:37
nope you can still use v1.8, just that'll be a little diffrent.
Nalle Karhu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 23:08
Airmod download link is not working so where can I dl it?
Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 01:25
RECOIL PLEASE!!

Sorry for Caps but if you can implement recoil, the engine will be 5x more realistic.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 01:43 Edited at: 30th Apr 2008 01:44
@djmaster - Interesting idea, I'll look into it.

@Drapes#10 - This particular version of AirMod (0.6) isn't out yet, however 0.5 is in the official thread. EDIT: Whoops, mixed up the threads lol.

@Black Terror - Don't worry, that's on the wishlist.

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Cannot wait...

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 15:49
and what about after how much time the grenade explodes so you can make it spawn and explode so you can make explosions and an option for decals how many times to repeat it

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 01:05
Yeah, I think entity based flak could do this engine a lot of good.

That way you can chuck grenades that DON'T explode on impact. You know, like throw em around corners and off of walls, that sorta thing.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 01:32
Ply, have you ever used the WW2 grenade?

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Yeah, I think entity based flak could do this engine a lot of good.

That way you can chuck grenades that DON'T explode on impact. You know, like throw em around corners and off of walls, that sorta thing."

You can do that It's controlled through flakspec. The only problem is that they can also bounce off an NPC too and give you a nice suprise LOL

However DJs suggestion would indeed require some source modifications. Being able to specify the explosion decal on a non-global level would be nice. I still daydream about non-exploding flak for sniper rifles, arrows, throwing knives, etc.

If there is some sort of hot switching function added I'd like to see it possible to use any weapon the designer chooses. That way the designer could set the quickswitch weapon to a pistol or grenade or something if they didn't want a melee attack.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 01:54
Ah, I've never used the WW2 grenade... it didn't appeal to me visually, lol.

Okay, forget that I said anything then!

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 01:57
Or the MP10 grenade, or the MP6 grenade launcher?

[img]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 04:11
Just finished two more features I'll have a vid for later:

recoil - Smooth recoil effect. Uses following gunspec values:

recoil = X
zoomrecoil = X
altrecoil = X

forcezoomout = X - When X = 1, forces the player to zoom out when using normal zooming while reloading. Great for snipers. Done automatically for simplezoom (ironsight) weapons.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 04:14
You should talk to Lee about getting this in v2 (or did I miss something?). The x10 Migration definetly needs these features.

Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 04:25
Yes i love you now. After ~a year of waiting FPSC finally has recoil!!

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 04:30
OMG AIRSLIDE!!!! Ditch Ply's mod, I don't care about vehicles next to this All I want now is melee attacks for weapons and your weapon lowering when you run! And thats a very small list for me Can't wait for the video!

[img]
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2008 10:38
fps creator really needs some more improvements and new options so you can make very good games,also adding support for avi or wmv files for the menu background would improve the mood too

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 18:37
Quote: "OMG AIRSLIDE!!!! Ditch Ply's mod, I don't care about vehicles next to this All I want now is melee attacks for weapons and your weapon lowering when you run! And thats a very small list for me Can't wait for the video!"

[fake sad voice]Oh thats nice...you dont like ply's mod...[/fake sad voice]

lol.
looking good airslide.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 19:00
Quote: "OMG AIRSLIDE!!!! Ditch Ply's mod, I don't care about vehicles next to this All I want now is melee attacks for weapons and your weapon lowering when you run! And thats a very small list for me Can't wait for the video!"

Such arrogance...

For the record, he built his recoil the exact same way as I built my "kickback". They are the same feature, different name.

Please stop shouting for features like a little kid in a candy store. Once he puts it in, you're just going to start shouting for more. You are the perfect representation of the term "spoiled".

The one and only,

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 19:07
Quote: "Please stop shouting for features like a little kid in a candy store. Once he puts it in, you're just going to start shouting for more. You are the perfect representation of the term "spoiled". "

as are many more around here.

Anyway, Great work Airslide. Got to love the "SimpleZoom" feature.
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "also adding support for avi or wmv files for the menu background would improve the mood too"

And you failed to mention ply, that I had also done that feature

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 19:56
you mean backround vids?
thats cool.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 20:16
Sorry, Url, I did forget to mention that.

Everyone, Urlforce has already made background vids for the menus possible.

The one and only,

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 20:19
I can confirm that. I even messed around with it a little.
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 20:28
I've seen it too.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 21:53
Quote: "Please stop shouting for features like a little kid in a candy store. Once he puts it in, you're just going to start shouting for more. You are the perfect representation of the term "spoiled"."
Actually, weapon wise, I can't think of any more features. Sure there's tons more features, but this is really a weapon mod. I thought everyone in the forums was considered "spoiled" And no offense Ply, but I'd take a good combat system over vehicles and third person
Quote: "For the record, he built his recoil the exact same way as I built my "kickback". They are the same feature, different name."
I guess great minds think alike, but he did say smooth recoil. Maybe like Q2's, which is a bit less... violent than yours.

[img]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 01:56
Quote: "For the record, he built his recoil the exact same way as I built my "kickback". They are the same feature, different name."

Ah, but mine is smooth! Of course I gave you the code for it, so now they are the same

Maniac Modeler
Years of Service
User Offline
Amazing, I cannot wait to test this out with some of my weapons, amazing! FPSC is geating better and better in a matter of months! Great work!
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 02:46
Quote: "Ah, but mine is smooth! Of course I gave you the code for it, so now they are the same"
Miller Genuine draft smooth Any ETA on this yet? And did you keep the co-ordinate based iron-sight system so we can make sights ourself without having to have new anims?

[img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 06:03
Quote: "Ah, but mine is smooth! Of course I gave you the code for it, so now they are the same"

It's been modified. Lol

I didn't like how you had to aim back towards the center after a single shot, so I made it move a little back toward where it was when you fired. After all, when you fire a gun that's how it works, your body automatically tries to move the gun back to where it was aiming. (Unless you purposefully let your arm fly back, lol)

Quote: "I thought everyone in the forums was considered "spoiled""

What makes you think that? There are actually only a few people who continually do what you do and ask for more features. There are those who will actually sit and think about what they want and try to think of a way to get it without requiring someone else to mod the source for them.

Take your "melee attacks" for example. They've been possible in FPSC a long time now. Just because YOU think it'd be a great idea to have the melee always available with a certain weapon, you want someone else to make it happen for you instead of dealing with having a seperate melee weapon in your game. Do you even realise what it takes to make the alternate weapons? If you do, then how about trying it for yourself. Stop being so dependant.

Quote: "And no offense Ply, but I'd take a good combat system over vehicles and third person"

Once again your short-sighted nature is coming to light. You have no idea the possibilities with my Mod and so you come up with what's already been displayed to you.

You want a good combat system, right? How about character super powers? Player endurance/stamina? Armor system? Mounted Turrets? Dual-Wielding? Those would be considered combat related, and all possible with my Mod. And heck, why be so limited? Be imaginative and script something else to add to the combat system.

Don't come out and speak your mind unless your mind knows what it's talking about.

If you're going to continue to be so arrogant, at least have something to show for it. Your over-bearing self-important attitude shows nothing but ignorance.

@Airslide:

Sorry for that. Lost what little temper I had there.

Back to my last suggestion with the entity based flak (or something similar, if not an entity). Perhaps the ability to have a flak-type weapon whose flak is scripted like an entity? One possibility I can see with this (especially if it uses the current scripting system), is spy drones, you throw them on the ground, take control of them via a spy cam (A nice staticky bright green HUD overlay would do nicely for that) wander them around to view your surroundings, then detonate them!
Of course, with scripting, the flak could have a much larger range of potential than a simple spy drone.

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 07:16
The entity based flak is an interesting idea...but it'd be a pain. Still, it might be easier than I think - but an entity doesn't have the same profiling as a flak in terms of how it's loaded into the game. Of course I could just take certain flak aspects (like the model) and apply it to an entity...this could be an interesting idea

As for the recoil - it depends on the game your playing. I'll have a recoilreturn=X parameter added to return it (I could make it a float too, so 1 would return it fully while 0.5 would only return it half-way or something). I was moddeling it after Day of Defeat, which is the only game I've played that I could recall really, really noticeable recoil (although a lot of games have it) and it didn't revert.

And for all those fighting about AirMod vs. PlyMod - remember, just bug Ply to put AirMod in PlyMod when 0.6 is done

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "And for all those fighting about AirMod vs. PlyMod - remember, just bug Ply to put AirMod in PlyMod when 0.6 is done"

Exactly. Then bug Lee to migrate it ALL to V2

Anyone thinking AirMod and Ply's Mod are mutually exclusive are missing the big picture. By a long shot.

Slayer_2, Please treat Plystire with the same respect you'd give to Airslide or myself. We're all working hard to improve the FPSC experience for you and everyone else. If nothing else, do it as a favor to me.

@Airslide, get me a new .EXE when you can. I'm dying to check out your recoil implementention and I have to admit that Ply's felt very realistic to me. Of course the disproportionate representation of shotguns in my personal collection would betray me as a lover of violent recoil LOL
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 07:38
Quote: "Slayer_2, Please treat Plystire with the same respect you'd give to Airslide or myself. We're all working hard to improve the FPSC experience for you and everyone else. If nothing else, do it as a favor to me."
Well, since you asked Errant AI, I'll try, but he just rubs me the wrong way To think of it, most "professionals" here do. I wonder it it's me

And Airslide, don't worry, I'll bug him about it again sometime
Slayer_2
P.S. I'll bug Lee some too

[img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 10:12
I think shotguns are one of those weapons that, to be realistic in recoil, would need to come back after the recoil occurs. I mean, those things pack a punch, and it'd be a pain to have to mouse down afterwards.

Quote: "The entity based flak is an interesting idea...but it'd be a pain. Still, it might be easier than I think - but an entity doesn't have the same profiling as a flak in terms of how it's loaded into the game. Of course I could just take certain flak aspects (like the model) and apply it to an entity...this could be an interesting idea"

Lol, sounds like something from inside of my head trying to decide whether or not to do something.

"Well, I could do this."
"But, then that might do that."
"But, then again... I could do it this way."
"Or, maybe that won't work either."

Lol

The one and only,

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 12:22
Quote: ""Well, I could do this."
"But, then that might do that."
"But, then again... I could do it this way."
"Or, maybe that won't work either.""

*hehe*, thats also AI for ya.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 14:18
Yes sir, that's me...wait a minute. Are...are you people mocking me behind my back? I've a got a big here and I'm not afraid to use it.

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 14:49
Oh bugger
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 2nd May 2008 15:02
yeah i know urlforce you had it done but i mean in airmod,so if somebody wont/cant use your EFX mod and want/can use airmod it will be good,and flashbangs would be a good addition to fps,to make it flash then you dont see a while and puts enemys main script to a stop for a few seconds

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 15:04
Flashbangs, they have tried, and they have failed, flashbangs are impossible in fpsc, but you never know.
using scripts, you could try.
infact, coming to think of it, they seem possible, but hard.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 17:38
I've simulated enemies throwing flash and smoke grenades quite well. It takes a lot of work to setup though.

[img]
Nalle Karhu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 18:17 Edited at: 2nd May 2008 23:08
When we are able to use recoil and those new features?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 17:45:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 17:45:12