Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / AirMod :: FPSC Source Addon

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2008 00:21
Quote: "All I want now is melee attacks for weapons and your weapon lowering when you run! And thats a very small list for me"

BTW, for those of you who are un-schooled in the way of my (sometimes awful) humor, that was a joke. Maybe not a very funny one, but it's not to be taken seriously. Not saying I would disagree with more features though, I'm not crazy (usually)
Slayer_2
P.S. Why am I posting again instead of editing? Cause I got myself noob-slapped

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2008 02:39
Quote: "yeah i know urlforce you had it done but i mean in airmod,so if somebody wont/cant use your EFX mod"

Urlforce helped make Lemur, not EFX Mod. EFX was made by Nighthawk.

Just thought I'd relieve a little confusion.

The one and only,

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 3rd May 2008 10:19
yeah a bit of confusion sorry,and airslide what about x,y,z axis scalling in mapeditor for entities? it would be great,through i doubt for this for animated stuff

Soldier of Fortune Episode 1
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2008 11:02
The Editor cannot be altered.

That would be a good feature to request of Lee in the Feature Creep board, though.

The one and only,

Nalle Karhu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2008 23:24
Please fix download its still broken so I can't test AirMod
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2008 23:27 Edited at: 3rd May 2008 23:28
Hmm, it does seem to be down. I really don't have much time at the moment to re-upload the demo, but since Ply is now considering integrating AirMod, I think I'll be finishing up 0.6 shortly and will release the new developer package along with a stand alone package for those who do not own DBP.

Maniac Modeler
Years of Service
User Offline
Please release soon as I really want to check this out! you have done amazing work for the FPSC community! Give yourself a few thousand pats on the back
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 4th May 2008 11:52
what about frag grenades,cluster bombs,real landmines,black walls from explosion(currently this feature is very poor) and 3d muzzleflash would be cool too,and lasers are a serious need to the weaponry,and that you dont need two weapons to have a silenced weapon and normal so you can simply mount a silencer or switch to grenade launcher without needing to have two guns for two purposes on a same gun

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 13:55
Quote: "and that you dont need two weapons to have a silenced weapon and normal so you can simply mount a silencer or switch to grenade launcher without needing to have two guns for two purposes on a same gun

"

AirSlide has already put this in. Look for the SCAR fight vid.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 21:59
Making alternate mode a silencer should be easy enough. Currently alternate is flak only, but I'll make some additional parameters so it can use raycasting (for say, a mounted shotgun on the M4) and even a share ammo where the alternate mode will share the same ammo as primary for silencers and such.

Nalle Karhu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 22:20
Is this going to be free or do you even know yet?
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 22:21
I believe AirMod is a community service for both developers and users, so "free" would be the term to use here.

The one and only,

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 23:32
Cool, can't wait to see this in action

[img]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 00:57
Quote: " believe AirMod is a community service for both developers and users, so "free" would be the term to use here."

Indeed, AirMod will always be free.

However, there is the potential for a special edition in much later versions that would contain more of the features I'd be reluctant to add to AirMod (such as shaders - depth of field, bloom, etc, water, things like that). In such a case that special edition, whatever it may be named, would have loads more graphical and gameplay related features for probably no more than $15, packaged with a game of course. Though again, it would be worked on at a much later version, so don't expect any sort of special edition till at least 1.0.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 01:01
So basically a Lemur V2 style mod? If so, I'm totally cool with paying for it.

[img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 01:16
Quote: "whatever it may be named"

Oo!!! Oo!!! I know this one!!! Pick me! Pick me!

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 01:19
Uh....yes, Plystire?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 01:27
If by "Gameplay related features" you mean Ply's Mod, and by "graphical related features" you mean efxMod. . .

Then I'd think it should be called "Ulti-Mod"

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 01:39
LOL. Well if it's like Ply's Mod and like efxMod sure

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 04:15
Added following new gunspec parameters:

altrecoily = X - The up recoil for alternate fire
altrecoilyreturn = X - The percentage (0 - 100) that the recoil should return. 100 would be fully, 50 half, 0 none.
altrecoilx = X - The left/right recoil for alternate fire
altrecoilxreturn = X - Same as yreturn but for left/right

(I think you can figure out the rest now)
recoily = X
recoilyreturn = X
recoilx = X
recoilxreturn = X
zoomrecoily = X
zoomrecoilyreturn = X
zoomrecoilx = X
zoomrecoilxreturn = X

Also added the following new FPI scripting commands:

resetplrweapons
- Resets the player's weapons! Yup, that's right. You can now have more than 9 weapons in a game by reseting the player's weapons at some point.

setifused = X - set's the entity's "ifused" to X (should be an entity's name)
setusekey = X - set's the entity's "usekey" to X (should be an entity's name)

The above two commands work just as if you had put in the values in the editor. The second especially should be nice for the hidden command Plystire's found. Both should open up several if not tons of new possiblities.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 06:02
Quote: "resetplrweapons - Resets the player's weapons! Yup, that's right. You can now have more than 9 weapons in a game by reseting the player's weapons at some point."
Ba-ba-ba-ba-BOOOOOM!! SWEET!!! It's like a dream come true

[img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 06:13
"resetplrweapons"

Cheap, yet effective. I bet we can do better, though.

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 06:36 Edited at: 5th May 2008 06:38
Better how? If you mean actual weapon dropping, this was intended for say, starting a new mission or something. Or if at some point you transform into a zombie or something

If you want to do it yourself (of course AirMod is open source and you can view it when the update is finished) I did it by calling undim on the weapon arrays (not the gun() arrays but like weaponslot() and weaponammo() and stuff) and then re-defining them, along with a call to hide the current weapon (which you can't get back to since it no longer is in the weaponslot array).

EDIT: Also, added a "backdropvid" command. I looked it how Lemur did it, thought it was terrible (no offense if it was you or Urlforce ) and did it more like story zones do, with a couple of fail safes to make sure it is deleted during another backdrop call or when the game actually starts.

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 5th May 2008 07:27 Edited at: 5th May 2008 07:28
man to bad i cant bind AirMod, Ply's Mod, efxMod in to one .exe the wuld be SOOOOOO RAPE

the way you guys talk bout adding thins to your mods i get a Big head ack.

I know how to code in VB like a pro But This DarkBp codeing is out there. i have DBP an i looked at the scr of the FPSC an it was like

sdfsdf/sdf/sdf/sdf to me

makes my head spin

i can do this

if plyhelth = 0 then
screen.show ="Haha you died.jpg", & plyhaswep = 0
End if

i wish that wuld work some thing like that.

But if i buy plys Mod then i cant use the others or if i use AirMod
i cant use the others if i use efxMod i cant use the others

Just makes me wana cry
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 07:33
Well, Airslide said he might make a gold edition attempting to do what the Lemur V2 was going to do. That is pretty much all the mods in one. You'll have to pay a bit, but so what? I can't buy unofficial, but maybe with some convincing. Also, Airlside, if you need a level designer some time, drop me a line and I'll do it for free. Which may not be that great, but if you aren't interested, just don't email me
Slayer_2

[img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 09:39
@Airslide:

Well, I know that we can do better. Like dropping a weapon with a default velocity set to propel it in front of the player (like they threw it to the floor), meaning it would be an entity like we described in the thread I recently made about it. Then the entity would not only inherit default values of being a pickup-able weapon, but also hold the correct amount of ammo that the player had for it when they threw it down as well as a script defined by the user that all thrown weapons would inherit, thus allowing them to control how a thrown weapon acts. This would then free up that specific weapon slot and probably bump down the list to fill in the empty space.

@GOTH:

In the PREVIEW thread for my Mod I am holding a Poll. Basically, would you be willing to wait longer for me to implement AirMod V0.6 into V1.07 of my Mod, or would you rather I release V1.07 when it's done and implement AirMod later?

Quote: "man to bad i cant bind AirMod, Ply's Mod, efxMod in to one .exe"

*flash backs the convos with Airslide and Nighthawk on MSN*

Yeah......... too bad, huh?

The one and only,

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 5th May 2008 15:36 Edited at: 5th May 2008 15:43
also i have a few new ideas,like a true working flashlight,no crappy stuff with the crosshair working as the light,then the same stuff for weapons with this so you can turn on/off lasers or flashlights,a proper working objective tab,so you like press a key and you see what you need to do,and it would be pretty simple,you set an objective number at the item,then you somehow write down which objective and description,a limit for weapons how many you can carry,so you have like 4 groups you can carry(editable how many groups)then you assign each weapon to each category then if you want to pick up another weapon of that category you need to switch them,and shooting through wooden doors,tables and chairs(mostly wooden and thin stuff) to make it more realistic.when i come up with more ideas i will post,i think this stuff will really revolutionize fpsc and make it more popular and useable

EDIT:just got new ideas,moving markers(this option would be very helpfull for ingame cutscened so that player steps into a trigger zone then the player automatically moves after the waypoint),and that you can place multiple waypoints for one enemy so the character selects one random path,would make it more realistic

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 17:44
Quote: "Well, I know that we can do better. Like dropping a weapon with a default velocity set to propel it in front of the player (like they threw it to the floor), meaning it would be an entity like we described in the thread I recently made about it. Then the entity would not only inherit default values of being a pickup-able weapon, but also hold the correct amount of ammo that the player had for it when they threw it down as well as a script defined by the user that all thrown weapons would inherit, thus allowing them to control how a thrown weapon acts. This would then free up that specific weapon slot and probably bump down the list to fill in the empty space."

Well, regardless, this command still has it's uses. If your doing a mission type game where your equipment gets reset this is great.

As for your idea, I'll put it on the general to-do list and debate wether or not to mess with it for the special edition (which would mean getting around to it later) or 0.7.

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 5th May 2008 19:56
Quote: "In the PREVIEW thread for my Mod I am holding a Poll. Basically, would you be willing to wait longer for me to implement AirMod V0.6 into V1.07 of my Mod, or would you rather I release V1.07 when it's done and implement AirMod later?"

Why dont you add your plymod to his air mod so that why it will be free =) =)
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2008 02:01
Quote: "Why dont you add your plymod to his air mod"

and get PlAir Mod

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2008 02:16
Quote: "Why dont you add your plymod to his air mod so that why it will be free"

Must people insist on getting things for free?

I know there are a good lot of you here that support the community, but the existence of freebie-wanters never seems to cease

Just makes me want to save more of the good stuff for the special edition...

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 6th May 2008 04:08
No what im trying to say is some ppl out there dont have the money to get it

Yes save more of the good stuff for the special edition thats good

an for the special edition bind plys mod an air mod to one

I dont know if you get what im trying to say

Im bad with words

i didnt mean so we can get it free in a gredy way
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2008 05:02 Edited at: 6th May 2008 05:14
Well, if I merge AirMod into Ply's Mod, there'd be no point in AirMod adding Ply's Mod.

One serious problem I would have with AirMod getting Ply's Mod, is that AirMod seems to be open-source. I don't like the idea of having Ply's Mod open source. And if AirMod had it, then everyone'd be running around with my code, removing watermarks and getting it for free anyway.

If everyone had my code, then how could I be "The one and only"?

Not to mention, I want to sell games featuring my latest Mods. What kind of selling point would I have if AirMod had it too?!

@Airslide:

Dude, you may want to consider making the special edition closed source. There'd be no way to ensure that people buy it if you sold it open-source. The only thing they would have to do is start redistributing the source and recompile it.

You know how many cheap-o pirates there are lingering around. Don't make it easy on them.

The one and only,

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2008 05:45
Ply, love your sig And anyone that rips of Airslide is a jerk. But he has a point.

[img]
GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 6th May 2008 05:51 Edited at: 6th May 2008 05:57
No what you do is put some goodies in the .exe an when it is breached bye bye to the system32 files

But if some one buys it an dont mess with the .exe he/she will be fine =)

Thats what i was doing with my VIP hacks for FEAR

Made a real good anti leck

yes i did make hacks for fear ((((BUT NEVER USED THIM.))) an now i wish i never made thim =(

Edit: oH oh do you know what the guy did to his game that made BeyondLife to his game? i was going in to the file to make a short cut to the game an every time i opend the file it closed automaticlly i tryed an tryed an it keeps closeing. I like that howed he do it ? if i may ask.it must be a trick to it cuz i did a lil sum sum to my file an when you open it. it will just delete =)

Ok im done making a full of myself
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2008 06:02
I'm wondering, Airslide, could you add something that allows you to change the way the muzzleflash spins? Like, have it spin by only a certain degree?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2008 06:32
Quote: "Ply, love your sig"

Thanks! I made it so people would know what all the Mods were and who made them. Also, as a quick reference for the threads that contain the latest info on them.

@GOTH:

I already have the method that I'll be using for getting a full version. It probably won't stop the smart pirates that know what they're doing, but it'll definitally keep the "trader pirates" at bay.

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2008 07:00
Plystire - Love your new sig! Did they just happen to line up like that? Ultimate Mod advertising

And the special edition would be closed source, of course, I don't recall ever stating that that version would be open source and I figured that since you'd pay for it that it was a given.

I've got a fair feature list going for the special edition already, but I won't even hint at any of it for fear of copying before I can get it out. Wouldn't be worth much if someone copied my idea before I even released it would it?

@GOTH 1 SNIPER - No hard feelings, I understand if English isn't your best language, although what your saying, as Plystire said, doesn't seem practical to Ply.

@The Toasty - Going onto the to-do list for 0.7 (no longer taking requests for 0.6 as that version is in the finalizing stages with only a few more major features to be worked on)

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2008 07:04
Thanks! Yeah, they just happened to all be at the top, so I took a pic and altered it a little.

Well, once you get the special version all set up, if you'd like, I could share my registration routine with you if you'd like.

I understand not hinting at the features you've thought up, but there's still that chance that someone might think of it on their own.

The one and only,

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 6th May 2008 07:10
Airslide what you dont get is that i only speek english lol

I was born an raised in maryland USA lol

an i cant speek or right good english
I was in the so called ESE classes
for that an fighting to much

I can read or spell or right good at all
But when it comes to computers thats my english to me lol

Plystire i make REAL GOOD ANTI LECKS if you want me to make ya one i will or i make the scr an send it to you an you do what you want with it

Just want to say what you can do is be4 you compile the finl game .exe 4 the mod make it go by the pc rig that works for me

say i buy it you will need my full rig so ill give you
Manufacturer: Alienware®
Processor: Intel® Core 2™ Extreme Processor Over-clocked to 4.0GHz — liquid cooled
Memory: 4608 MB RAM
Hard Drive: 2TB Total
Video Card: Dual ATI
Operating System: Windows Vista® Home
like that =)
an if say i give it to a guy that has XP the nice goodies in the file will give him a nice gift

I dont know ill shut up now lol

An ya thats my Rig Is it good?
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2008 07:17
Quote: "Well, once you get the special version all set up, if you'd like, I could share my registration routine with you if you'd like."

I've written one back when Decal Maker was going to be commercial that used a seed value along with the user's e-mail to generate a key. Does yours use the internet? As some sort of way to keep track of how many times one has registered would be ideal to tell if one is being activated too many times.

Some of my features for Special Edition may (and probably will) be done by someone else by the time I get around to it (it'll probably be you, too) but at least two of them it's a fair bet I've got awhile before someone either thinks of it or is willing to modify the engine to that extent.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2008 12:49
Quote: "@The Toasty - Going onto the to-do list for 0.7"

YES! FPSC's way of randomizing muzzleflashes is really ticking me off.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 6th May 2008 17:32
and did you done your pumping and shell reloading fix for the shotgun?
i simply loved that shotgun in your doom fan game,i am trying to make such for a long time but no succses

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 01:34
Quote: "and did you done your pumping and shell reloading fix for the shotgun?"

Yes, the new "shotgun=X" field for the gunspec. If set to 1 the animation "reload loop" will be repeated until the weapon is full. Works with the stock Mossberg perfectly, all you have to do is add "shotgun=1" to the mossberg's gunspec. It can also be used for sniper rifles that load a single round at a time, and maybe revolvers if you hide the number of bullets actually in the gun.

Nalle Karhu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 18:35
When are you relasing 0.6??
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 20:36
He has, Its in the demo(not dev package.)

Nalle Karhu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 21:28
Theres only 0.5 download and the link doesn't even work
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 22:02
Oh, Sorry, wrong version( I thought this was plysmod, lol.)

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 8th May 2008 14:37
airslide,one of the very needed things is ending video before the game complete title,so you can play a movie there and a key that can disable the hud so you can record movies easily in games without having to removing huds

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 20:14
Thats easy to do, build the game, and then remove the hud's from the files and then get fraps and record what you want to.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 18:24:30
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 18:24:30