Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / AirMod :: FPSC Source Addon

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 00:45
Unfortunetly the only way I can add a video recorder is to use an AVI plugin, which isn't a problem, but I don't want to add any more plugins used in the AirMod source (AirMod Special Edition is different) and the last version I used was rather slow.

For now I'd take LT Tatter's suggestion.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 03:31
For an ending video, why not just edit the "GameComplete" script to play a video?

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 06:03 Edited at: 11th May 2008 06:11
Well, I was naughty and decided to add something to 0.6 that wasn't on my to-do list. A new blood feature, called "bloodspurt". It's a script command, where X can be 0,1, or 2. 0 is at the entitie's position, 1 is where the entity was last hit (ex: :shotdamage=1:bloodspurt=1) and 2 is at the head. This doesn't just place a decal, but actually creates a squirt of blood that flys out and can hit walls. I've been playing SMOD:Tactical for HL2 and it does this for alot of the blood effects. It's still WIP, but I'll have a vid up shortly.

EDIT: Oh, it should work for sparks and things too, whatever is defined as the decal for the entity's blood decal slot. I'll have to go see how it looks with a robot

EDIT: Hmm, I need to make it so non-flesh characters don't have the blood splat on the wall, but other than that, it looks awesome with robots. Kill them and sparks fly everywhere (I added bloodspurt=1 to the top of all the throwfore/back/left/right scripts)

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 08:42
Can someone please give me a copy of the the demo... His Filefront page isn't working

Wraith Games... Play Harder
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 20:24
That is awesome! Blood and gore make a game

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Changes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 20:33
Ugh... I need some one to compile this for me I don't want to waste my money on buying something I wont use...

jamie
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 21:19
Sorry about the whole filefront problem. I was hoping to have 0.6 done sooner. Errant suggested I release a demo to store beta testers so that they may try out Errant's new weapons to their full extent, however it may be easier to just put up a public download link. The demo won't come with the source code yet, that will be at full 0.6 release.

I *may* have the demo up by later today if I get some things sorted out.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 23:16
Quote: "I *may* have the demo up by later today if I get some things sorted out."

If you could, that would be great. I've heard a lot about the mod and it all sounds fantastic.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 01:44
Woot! A possible beta!

[img]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 04:03 Edited at: 12th May 2008 04:06
AirMod 0.6 BETA VERSION

Behold! The 0.6 beta version!

Key things to remember:

It is a BETA.
It is not FINISHED.

Download attached.

Changelog (lists new features, however no description at this time):

Readme:

Includes following new scripts:

melee_blockable.fpi (character script)
plrinzoneresetweapons.fpi (resets player weapons)

New "throwfore/throwback/throwright/throwleft" scripts, backup your originals!

These simply add "::bloodspurt=1" above the first state of each, showing the new blood feature. Works with robots too, sparks fly everywhere, wonderful effect
Note I've been testing the new blood feature with the X10 blood decal, have yet to test it with the original, hehe.

Note that the version attached is the last version I compiled. It has NOT been thoroughly tested in all matters, however it should work. There is no way to pickup alternate ammo, it has been tested by giving the player the weapon with alternate fire and a number of clips. That number is also used to define the alternate ammo (ex: starting ammo of 20 will give you 40 grenades if alternate clip size is set to 2, just like normal ammo. It is independent of normal ammunition). Alternate ammo *should* work in the save/load system. This also means that existing save files in already built games will not be read correctly.

EDIT: Oh, and you guys better post if you download, or the final version will have a "REMOVE_ALL_FPSC_FILES" routine stuck at the EXE's startup

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 04:13
First off, I never thought I'd say this, but thats way too many features for the gunspec for me to take in during on sitting I won't give C&C as it's just a beta. Nice job Airlside, I'm proud to be an Airmod fanboy

[img]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 04:15
LOL. That's mainly because features like simplezoom and recoil require lots of different settings if you want it to be flexible (the opposite of anything Lee seems to have done for weapons )

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 04:41
Well, maybe I'll write an Airmod for dummies or something so everyone can know why the heck x, y and z are different and what every command does in detail, although it isn't too hard to guess/test Nice work.

[img]
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 05:01
Double post here: The blood splats are AWESOME! I never could have dreamed for something this cool! But I want to know the gunspec commands needed to create simple iron sights and how I would go about naming them. Also, while the block is cool, you should be able to hold it instead of having to click all the time. I know, I broke the no C&C rule already

[img]
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 05:04
Yay, downloaded... But it's a little slow on my pc... but as I have said... My PC's crap..

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 05:07
Oh... that's why... The timer bases system has been removed... *blink* WAIT THAT WAS THE WHOLE REASON I DOWNLOADED THIS! *sits back down* Sorry bout that...

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 05:08
Wait... does anyone have to .exe for 0.5? I kinda need timer based movement (My system is too slow to handle anything else)

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 05:16
Sorry about the loss of the timer based movement. I took it out because it was rather buggy with the physics system and Lee is doing an official implementation at migration.

The block was done the way Errant's weapons were setup. I liked it because you had to time it. I'll consider adding "block start", "block loop", and "block end", and when detected it will let the block be continuous if detected. That won't be till 0.7 though.

Glad you like the blood feature, I'll be putting up a vid of it soon when I get it *just* right.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 05:18
Quote: "Glad you like the blood feature, I'll be putting up a vid of it soon when I get it *just* right."
Civilian massacre video is already on the way

[img]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 05:19
Lol, Please, put it up, saves me some trouble (and I'm not the one accused of promoting violence )

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 05:24 Edited at: 16th May 2008 20:41
For the benifit of the users who are on the GCS beta and have downloaded any of the melee weapons I have up there, here are replacement gunspecs for the weapons which have multiple attack animations:

SHB24 (nightstick)
3 attacks, 1 block

Butterfly Knife
2 attacks, 1 block

Chef Knife
2 attacks, 1 block

Combat Knife
2 attacks, 1 block

There are some other weapons I have on store, but they do not include extra attack animations. To update those weapons you need only uncomment the block animation and (under the range command in ;GUN Settings) add the following:

The settings in the above snippet can also be added to any of the other melee weapons found on the GCS store or melee weapons you may already have to get rid of the bullet hole and give them a more dynamic feeling!

Quote: "But I want to know the gunspec commands needed to create simple iron sights and how I would go about naming them. Also, while the block is cool, you should be able to hold it instead of having to click all the time. "

Slayer_2, the simplezoom commands are what you can get a semi-iron sight view with. Don't expect to get true iorn sight views with it though. The block was animated and the files uploaded to GCS before the feature was in AirMod. It should be possible for a clever programmer to loop the middle frame for sustained blocking. Depending on feedback, I may add a proper loop cycle for that.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 05:33
Here are the simple zoom commands I am using with the Model Pack 9 (or 10? don't remember) Mp5N:

simplezoom = 2
simplezoommod = 3
simplezoomacc = 2
simplezoomx = -1
simplezoomy = 1
simplezoomspeed = 6

They should work for a good deal of weapons, modified to your liking. This WILL NOT give you true ironsights however, only a FEAR style zoom-in, as true ironsights should be animated.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 05:33
Well, is the HUD model complete? Or is one side of it non-existent or something? As for promoting violence, what part of "FPSC" did you not understand

[img]
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 05:41 Edited at: 12th May 2008 05:46
Quote: "Well, is the HUD model complete? Or is one side of it non-existent or something?"

Correct. The MP 9/10 models are WYSIWYG. They are highly optimized. The pistols are complete but are not centerline, so they too will not work in a true iron sights manner. Same goes for weapons that show the left-hand side when reloading such as the AKs, pump shotgun and LRSR.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 05:45
So you used 3000+ polies to make a half there gun, for lack of a better term. DO commercial games do that too?

[img]
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 05:48 Edited at: 12th May 2008 05:50
Quote: "DO commercial games do that too?"

Yes they do. It's the same principal as set building for movies. Anything that isn't seen by the camera doesn't need to exist and if it does, it's wasteful. Entertainment is so fake lol.

The current batch of weapons are modeled to account for this but still will not be complete weapons.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 06:16
Oh, ok. Well it's fine if they have an animation, but if you want classic iron sights and can't model, you're kinda sunk. All entertainment is fake, otherwise, it wouldn't be so entertaining

[img]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 06:39
You can *try* to get classic iron sights if they don't have an animation by messing with simplezoommod, simplezoomx and simplezoomy, but I know that at least Errant's older weapons don't work too well with this. Due to the nature of the stock weapons though they may work. You can try it.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 06:58
Well, I'll give it a shot.

[img]
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 07:27 Edited at: 12th May 2008 08:09
Found a glitch, muzzle-flashes don't appear. The light effects and bullet casings do though.
Slayer_2
P.S. My promised video! http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=iMf9B5a39lk It's pure evil! And a bit nuts

[img]
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 08:49
How did you get EAI's combat knife?

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 08:56
TGC store beta test. Thought I'd show off the sweet blocking skillz of it

[img]
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 19:56
In real life muzzle flashes are so fast that the human eye can't see them. In movies they use special blanks that create a more visible flash so the camera can pick it up.

By the way, nice video Slayer222 and great blood effects Airslide.

http://www.freewebs.com/teammegabasic/
For low price FPSC and Dark BASIC media packs.
5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
How do you make the zoom in thing work?

Was cool kid
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 22:44
Quote: "In real life muzzle flashes are so fast that the human eye can't see them. In movies they use special blanks that create a more visible flash so the camera can pick it up."
Well, they also release a lot of smoke out of the muzzle of the gun

Here is my AK 74 "sights" code. Drop it into your AK 47 gunspec at the bottom. Edit the simplezoom x and y commands to adjust the positioning.

[img]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 22:45 Edited at: 12th May 2008 22:49
Quote: "Found a glitch, muzzle-flashes don't appear."

Did you test all weapons? Or just one with a modified rate of fire? The muzzeflash won't appear if the rate of fire is too high, as the muzzleflash last as long as about 2/3 the time it takes before the next round is fired, so if the gun fires to fast it removes the muzzleflash in the same loop it was created.

EDIT: Oh, in your vid, I didn't see the white edges around the blood scorches. How'd you manage that? I thought that was an issue with the available version of the FPSC source.

EDIT: One more thing - could you go to Files->Gamecore->Decals->Blood, open up the text file, and give me the value for the size? I made the mistake of overridding my original value while testing and didn't write it down.

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 12th May 2008 22:58
Files->Gamecore->Decals->Blood this is what i got

;decal spec

;DECAL
across = 4
down = 4
offsety = 0
scale = 25

oh an i live it
also works with v8 =)
the only thing i didnt like was the blood will glow same for the bulit holes if the blood or the bulit holes over lap it makes it glow

i love it ty
still havent got my gun sites to work right but still trying im geting close to it cuz when i zoom in i can see the side of my gun

Myspace:http://www.myspace.com/DEATH1sniper
Hame Page:http://snipereliteforce.spruz.com/
AMSHNOK!!!
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 22:58
Okay, the blood effects were the coolest thing I've ever seen! But is there anyway to lower the colour a but. It's a little bright.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 23:05
@GOTH 1 SNIPER - Okay, thanks for the value. By V8 do you mean it works with FPSC 1.08? Keep in mind you won't get 1.08 features. I do plan on upgrading AirMod to 1.09 when Lee releases the next source. As for the glowing blood splats - that's either a problem with the released source, the way the scorch images were done, or both. I'll be fiddling with the scorch images later today or tomorrow to see if I can get them to work correctly.

@Darmic - To lower the color of the decal itself go to Files->Gamecore->Decals->Blood and open up decal.dds and modify. The scorches are in Gamecore->bulletholes, however I think there is a bug with the released FPSC source that is making them show up weird, so make sure you backup your original in case you have to switch back in the even I fix it.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 23:11
Quote: "EDIT: Oh, in your vid, I didn't see the white edges around the blood scorches. How'd you manage that? I thought that was an issue with the available version of the FPSC source."
Ok, I figured a way around this a while back. first, go into your gamecore/decals/bulletholes, then delete "bulletholes.tga" then get a new copy of "bulletholes.dds" (I got mine from EAI's scorch mod as it has way better blood decals) and overwrite the old "bulletholes.dds" with it. After you do this, it should be fine. My theory is that just removing "bulletholes.tga" wil fix the glitch as I suspect that both the .tga and .dds versions or the bullethols are overlapping and overlapping decals exactly causes the white lines and a brighter decal. Good luck with fixing it. I'll try lowering the fire-rate to the default, but I've never had a problem with the muzzle-flashes before. I've finished work on the Combat Knife and G18 as well and a knew video may be up soon. I actually like this new way of doing iron-sights better then the old as it is more realistic for the speed you access the sights. SO far I've only played with those three weapons and the SG There's so much to do!

[img]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 00:02
Alright, did as you said and it looks alot better. Not as perfect as an official build for some reason, but better. I made a script that calls bloodspurt=1 whenever shotdamage=1 and gave the enemy 10000 health to try it out (see pic)

Attachments

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 00:03
Yeah, but it's still pretty decent. Kinda square looking though. OMG! I want that script!

[img]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 01:23
Well the easiest thing to do so they spurt blood whenever you shoot them is to open up the AI script you are using and add:

:shotdamage=1:bloodspurt=1

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 01:26 Edited at: 13th May 2008 01:27
I tried it and decided it was a little too gory to be realistic. I'm never going to say that again
Slayer_2
P.S. Airlside, I have another video showcasing your, EAI and bond's work, mind if I post it? This time, they aren't innocent

[img]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 01:27
You could try something like

:shotdamage=1,random=10:bloodspurt=1

That way it will only happen 1 out of every 10 times (on average).

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 03:13 Edited at: 13th May 2008 03:22
OK, well, I have another video, which I'll remove from here if Airslide so wishes. Again, not very serious until you get into the video, in which I show of my Airmod command skills GUNZ!

In the meantime, I have a few ideas that I think could be good for Airmod. A way to remove decal impact effect (sparks, splinters, etc) for melee weapons would be useful as having a huge dust-puff rise when you stab concrete isn't the greatest effect. Also, a way to "cook" grenades would be nice, if possible. my final idea is a bit different than those minor yet sweet features The ability to spawn decals under the player. This could be useful for footprints, bullet casings, blood when you get shot, whatever. Although that may be straying away from weapons a bit much.
Slayer_2

[img]
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 03:43
@Airsilde, Okay, it just didn't look like the regular blood. I will do what Slayer said.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 03:49
Slayer - No prob with videos. As long as they promote the mod

I noticed that Errant's knife never entered the alternate attack animation. I'm guessing you didn't set it up. If you open the knife's gunspec you should fine another start fire/end fire set. Uncomment these and rename them "start fire 2" and "end fire 2" and enjoy

Oh, and where did you get the alternate animations for the shotgun?

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 03:54
Only the strongest will survive!

Attachments

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 04:53
Quote: "Slayer - No prob with videos. As long as they promote the mod "
Cool. And don't forget EAI's great weapons

Quote: "I noticed that Errant's knife never entered the alternate attack animation. I'm guessing you didn't set it up. If you open the knife's gunspec you should fine another start fire/end fire set. Uncomment these and rename them "start fire 2" and "end fire 2" and enjoy"
About that, I had both, but in the first video, wanted MoH: A style attacking, then in this one, I wanted COD 4 style slash. My new "recoil" effect imitates the COD4 slash style very well, but is horrible if you want different attack styles.

Quote: "Oh, and where did you get the alternate animations for the shotgun?"
EAI gave me them

[img]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 10:31:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 10:31:29