Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Dark Noob Games HQ

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2009 17:09 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2009 18:02
We could revisit some old project suggestions. Here's the ninja game that's updated. Memblock is used to check for collision and he is able to go up and down on slopes.

[edit]

LOL I zipped the wrong folder, Updated.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks like tower defense to me

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose
Stefan p
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2009 21:47
Here it is media attached.

I was here.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Quirkyjim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2009 22:10
WHOA

He is goin like...super quick-like! And... Crazy jumping speed! Shazam!!!!

~QJ
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice, I like the rotation there. Can the other tank be destroyed yet?

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose
Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh yeah mines is caped at 60 fps without loading a mp3 so it works fine for me as it is, if it's too fast then set the sync rate to 60.
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Impressive Ashingda. Is it tile-based or pixel based?

Great Quote:
Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
It is tile-based, but the collision check is pixel based.
Stefan p
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2009 23:18
Nope I can add a collisoin check in a 5 minutes but my MAIN concern is Ai. I just can do it, i mean i know how to do it but i cant put it into code.

I was here.
logical sifter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2009 07:49
hey i want in!

BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
@logical sifter:

Cool, welcome. Could you write some code that demonstrates your skill, just so that we know where you are?

@Team:
Alright, only a week or so left. How are you guys doing on your projects? Also, everyone who wants to be a part of the next project post now, so that we can see what we are working with.

Great Quote:
Quirkyjim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2009 22:21
me

~QJ
Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
I thought you were in already...
Irojo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2009 19:51
I'm opting out until I can fix all my PC problems.....
>.<

Time is money. I just ripped you off.
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
What problems are you having?

Great Quote:
Quirkyjim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2009 22:53
Give us an i.e.

~QJ
Stefan p
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2009 22:11 Edited at: 17th Feb 2009 22:12
Man every one is having problems, me and my (a.i problem) and also Irojo with pc problems.

bump

I was here.
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "me and my (a.i problem)"

What ai problem? I am sure I just missed the post, but I might be able to help.

Great Quote:
arbiter chewbacca hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Can I help?
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Sure, we are getting ready to begin our next project (hopefully) within a week or so (maybe less). If you could, just write a program demonstrating your programming abilities, so that we can give you jobs that wont be over your head or too easy (we try, but we don't always succeed at that)

Great Quote:
Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
Should we start a poll on what project to do next? Anyone with other ideas can still submit or so. Just throwing it out since it's nearing the start of the next project?

I want to focus more just on media this time around, both sound and images. If there's any help needed with coding I can jump in as well.

Questions: Would the team prefer to work with separate images or a tile set?
Example: Separate images, each picture frame is saved as an image. Tile set just puts all the picture frames in 1 image and you'll have to separate it while loading during run time.

I personally like to work with a tile set, it's easier to animate/edit/save/etc but would take a bit of skills to load it in the codes.
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Make it tile set, but with multiple tiles, so it would be like Land 1, charater 1, etc etc.

For my suggestion, I think we could handle a simple adventure game, similar to early zelda styles.

Great Quote:
Quirkyjim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 21:59
Quote: "I think we could handle a simple adventure game, similar to early zelda styles."

~QJ
Stefan p
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 23:38
@ bn2

Its pretty stupid but I want an image(made into a sprite) to move and follow the player(another sprite) and shoot when the angle is right. The confusing part is that i want the enemey to rotate and not go up,down,left,right. So it is basicaly triganometry(which i am clueless cause i havent down it in school yet). With my basic knowledge of it i have figured out i need to learn how to calculate the angle between to shapes knowing only the distance ( i think it's called the tangent or somthing). Ask me if you need more info.

All fears must be overcome before feeling true happieness.
By Stefan aka me
Quirkyjim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 23:43
Try this:
[href=http://www3.mpls.k12.mn.us/~rrumppe/Trig2/]
http://www3.mpls.k12.mn.us/~rrumppe/Trig2/[/href]
(just googled)

~QJ
Stefan p
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 00:41
My broswer "internet explorer" crashes if i click the "first click" here on the site

By Stefan aka me
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=141261&b=10

I explain polar coordinates here, which is what you want (distance and an angle). It is about halfway down. Just remember for this kind of trig SOHCAHTOA, that is:

(S)ine=(O)pposite/(H)ypotenuse
(C)osine=(A)djacent/(H)ypotenuse
(T)angent=(O)pposite/(A)djacent

Let me know if it makes sense or if you don't get it. I had it explained much better, but firefox goes back a page if I press backspace and I accidentally clicked out of the post box and lost it all So if you need me to explain it further, just say so and I will.

Great Quote:
Stefan p
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 00:44
Please explain as if i am a 2 year old ( I am not) because i do no see how to have rotation and movement in the a.i

By Stefan aka me
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
I will put together a program to demonstrate it later tonight, as I have work in a short time. Hopefully it will make things a little clearer.

Great Quote:
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 00:38 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2009 22:09
Sorry for the double post but here is the program. This one explains the math and logic and such. Will get back later with a program that will show it in action. To be honest, this stuff is SO much easier to explain with a white board.

[EDIT]
BTW guys, what ideas do we have for the next project?

My suggestion is that we go with a Zelda style adventure game (perhaps, depending on how we do, next time we can move into a simple rpg or something). What other suggestions do you guys have?

Great Quote:
Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 17:02 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2009 17:03
Yes that progression is good. Eventually we'll also hit the 3d zelda adventure styles and more .

I've been learning to create 3d models and also to animate it. It's still very basic but I'm getting really familiar with it. Also got the hang of attaching objects to limbs so I can equip different weapons/armors/heads on the model.

If we get into 3d later I can probly help out in these areas.

Question: When we gonna start already?
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
I can start asap. I have been kind of waiting though for more people to get on, since every time I ask who will be involved, one person replies.

ONCE AGAIN:

ALL MEMBERS AND PEOPLE WHO THINK THIS WOULD BE INTERESTING TO JOIN AND HELP WITH! WE ARE READY TO START A NEW PROJECT, WHO IS INTERESTED IN HELPING? POST ASAP!

Great Quote:
Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
Me!
Stefan p
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 21:41 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2009 21:42
ME and also are we doing an rpg because if we are lets call it Cenervn ( i just came up with title just now )

edit
What modeling program u use

By Stefan aka me
Quirkyjim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 22:06
ME me ME me MEEEEE

~QJ
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 22:20 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2009 23:03
Quote: "are we doing an rpg"

Not this time, just an adventure game similar to early zelda games. The rpg idea was for a possibility for next time.

As far as the team goes, I think us 4 can handle it for now (anyone who wants to help, feel free to post, we are MORE than happy to let you in). Anyone desperately want to manage this one, or should I take it (I promise I will do my best to not flake out again)?

Great Quote:
Quirkyjim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 23:04
Um...hint, hint...

Zelda is an rpg (ROLE-PLAYING game)

~QJ
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
True quirky, but by RPG I meant a standard rpg style game. IE the gameplay. Zelda is an RPG that uses more of an adventure style gameplay.

Great Quote:
Quirkyjim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 23:47
Oh, I see.

~QJ
Stefan p
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 00:44
I could manage but Im wondering the due date of this project because i have research game making ( 50 freaking pages ) and also make a game for school. But i can handle managing if its due before april 12

By Stefan aka me
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I think this is ready for its own thread.

Key things to think about:

-Genre: Do we want this to be fantasy, modern, sci-fi, etc.

-Story: This is an element that will come into play after we finish the engine. However, it is important to know what we will be going for, so that we can program certain features into the engine.

-Game styles: Zelda used a two button system and 8 directional motion system. Do we want that or should we stick to more of a 4 button system and 4/8 direction system.

-General Feel: This is more of get a mental picture of what you want the end result to be like.

I think it is new thread time

Great Quote:
Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "What modeling program u use"

I use 3d canvas, although I have almost all of the 3d modeling programs that's mentioned on this board I choose to use that one. I'm having a hard time making it work in DBC but it works fine in DBP.

Warning: For anyone who's going to manage this project, I will try by best to flood you with updates, I hope you also try your best to handle it.

List of current active members in the Project 3:
Bn2 Productions - Coder & Manager
Ashingda27 - Media & Backup Coder
Quirkyjim - Coder & Backup Manager
Stefan p - Coder

I plan to sit this one out in coding or managing, if required I can always jump in. Plan to focus more on media as that's an area I still need to work at.

As no one is positive about managing Project 3, BN2 is by default the manager? Speak up now or it's final.

If you disagree with my interpretation of your role in Project 3 then let me know.
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
I am good with that. My schedule is pretty laid back this quarter so I should have at least a few good weeks where I only have to go to class and work and the rest of my time I can devote to the team

Great Quote:
Quirkyjim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 23:25
Hmm, what should I do first?

~QJ
That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 23:19
hey guys im workin on the clock program. I think ive got a trig system worked out for the numerbs, btu im lost on how to convert the string from get time$() into seperate parts for each the hours, minutes, adn seconds. I need to break up the time (ex. 14:54:11) into spereate parts i can use. Any ideas?
That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2009 04:50
heres my clock:

am i in?
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Welcome to the team! I think I have a pretty good idea of where you are, now, though it seems you will be working mainly on media for now.

Great Quote:
mofo09
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to join, i just need help getting started.
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2009 02:56
It looks like I'm finally going to be coming back for good
I'm getting the internet installed this weekend and im picking up my mums old pc (with all my old hilariously bad programs on it)

The Universe has been erased by a mod because it was larger
than 240x80 pixels.
Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
That's great news!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-22 18:02:48
Your offset time is: 2024-05-22 18:02:48