Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Forum President Elections

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 20:19
Silly rabbit, don't eat ice cream and plot murders at the same time .

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 20:36
Quote: "Silly rabbit, don't eat ice cream and plot murders at the same time"

It's not I that is eating the poisonous ice cream, Matt!

What is this box for?
AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 20:42
Quote: "No one is going to die... unless AndrewT gets out of hand"

Hmmm...what would you consider "out of hand"?

You're next, Yodaman.

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 20:48
Quote: "You're next, Yodaman."

If you kill me, it will only make me that much more stronger than you.

What is this box for?
AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 20:49
Quote: "If you kill me, it will only make me that much more stronger than you."

That may be, but it'll also make you that much more dead than me as well.

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 20:54
If I'm dead, then you can't do anything else to me.

Hmm. That doesn't give the impression I wanted...

What is this box for?
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 21:06
Quote: "On December 1st I'll be inaugerated as TGC's first President"

im afraid to say that lee beat you to it. About 10 years ago.

AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 21:20
Quote: "If I'm dead, then you can't do anything else to me. "

Fine by me.

This just in: voting for Matt Rock has been clinically proven to help reduce cholesterol!!

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 21:21
Thats.... that's just creepy.

It's not just for BYOND you know!
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 21:28
Quote: "This forum IS the world.

Are you one of those wierdo conspiracy theorists that claim there's something "outside"? oooohh scary. Yeah, not buying it.
"

Sorry. Please don't murder me.

Okay now seriously you nitwits. I will make TGC and everything else (What I meant with "world") perfect.
You don't want perfect? Then you will be incinerated.

Alucard94, the member of the future of the past.
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 21:32
i rather incineration then what i can guess will be alucards definition of 'perfect'

AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 21:34
Quote: "alucards definition of 'perfect'"

The word 'holocaust' comes to mind.

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 22:03
Quote: "It's not I that is eating the poisonous ice cream, Matt!"

If you knew how rare it is for me to eat ice cream you'd relize how not worried I am

Quote: "This just in: voting for Matt Rock has been clinically proven to help reduce cholesterol!!"

See that? I'm not only good for the community, I'm good for your heart! Wait...

Quote: "Okay now seriously you nitwits. I will make TGC and everything else (What I meant with "world") perfect.
You don't want perfect? Then you will be incinerated."

Some advice from the guy in the lead. Firstly, calling everyone nitwits doesn't help your campaign, it just alienates people. Second, you fail to list the ways you'll make TGC/ the world better if elected. Third, you don't explain in graphic detail how everyone will be incinerated if they don't vote for you. Observing my advice may or may not result in political ruin.

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 22:20
Quote: "Some advice from the guy in the lead"

for the last time, you are NOT in the lead. noone is and noone will be until the 25th.

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 22:38
Quote: "Some advice from the guy in the lead. Firstly, calling everyone nitwits doesn't help your campaign, it just alienates people. Second, you fail to list the ways you'll make TGC/ the world better if elected. Third, you don't explain in graphic detail how everyone will be incinerated if they don't vote for you. Observing my advice may or may not result in political ruin.
"

Brutally killing everyone who's not perfect isn't good enough for you? Wow, tough crowd.

Quote: "i rather incineration then what i can guess will be alucards definition of 'perfect'
"

Remember World War 2?

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
People, do you want people who need to be photoshopped to win? Or someone who can and will make your wants a reality? I may not be looking to create the "Perfect" forum, but hey, I can half bring alot of things to table, unlike many other candidates. So think, and vote for Deathead, for your president.

Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I can half bring alot of things to table"

Such as...? Killing noobish mods who decide to pick on me by deleting my sig, when there was nothing in my sig?

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 23:16
To make it easy for everyone to understand I'll post this campaign image of how things will be when I get elected.

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
@Alucard: [Must refrain sick joke]
@Game Maker:
Quote: "Such as...? Killing noobish mods who decide to pick on me by deleting my sig, when there was nothing in my sig?"

I'll see what I can do about it. I don't think it was merely them picking on you, but still if I come across why your sig was deleted then I'll respond back to you.

Darth Kiwi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 23:28
Quote: "Third, you don't explain in graphic detail how everyone will be incinerated if they don't vote for you."

Now that's the speech I want to hear!

Also, I find it disturbing that the girl in Alucard's picture is smiling while the house burns down in the background... Though it is a fabulous piece of annotation.

Okay, snap decision: TGC gets invaded by an unsavoury forum filled with louts and people who type "gr8" and use caps lock all the time! The forums are filled with threads chock-full of... mature... pictures! They have a serious operation going which is dedicated to the destruction of all things TGC! And one of our Mods, who has been here for years, turns out to be one of them, bent on bringing this place down from the inside - but nobody knows which Mod it is!

What do you do, candidates? Oh what do you do?

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 23:31 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2008 23:32
Quote: "
What do you do, candidates? Oh what do you do?"

I'll do my best to find the mod offender, and have the recurring offenders banned on the forums.

Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Deathead, what about noobs? What're you gonna do with them?

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " Deathead, what about noobs? What're you gonna do with them?
"

I'll only ban the ones who are actually breaking the AUP. Otherwise is pretty stupid and one minded.

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 23:40
Quote: "What do you do, candidates? Oh what do you do?
"

I'd probably firstly save all the mature images to my HDD and then kill (Or ban if I feel nice) all the bad people.

Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'll only ban the ones who are actually breaking the AUP. Otherwise is pretty stupid and one minded."

I think i'll stick with Matt Rock, as he will train noobs and make them normal users. But if Matt Rock fails, i'll vote for you.

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
@Game Maker: BTW I'm going to send that email 'bout your sig, I hope you get some feedback on why.

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 23:53
Quote: "If you knew how rare it is for me to eat ice cream you'd relize how not worried I am"

You can't POSSIBLY be HUMAN!! How is it possible to not eat ice cream at least once or twice a month? Have you ever heard of Dairy Queen? Or McDonald's ice cream? What about the ice cream from those machines in buffet-style restaurants?

TGC, don't vote for Matt!

What is this box for?
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2008 23:54 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2008 23:57
Quote: "think i'll stick with Matt Rock, as he will train noobs"

Doesnt Matt Rock know how many noobs there are to train? itll take ages to train them even with a good group of teachers. And they keep joining the forum all the time so it will not be possible to teach all of them.

Quote: "TGC, don't vote for Matt!"

Im not planning to, and i bet there is alot more people who think the same.

Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'm going to send that email 'bout your sig"

Thanks.

Quote: "itll take ages to train them even with a good group of teachers."

I don't think he'd have to train every noob, just the ones with the bad grammar and the ones with bad attitudes.

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 00:03 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2008 00:45
Quote: "I don't think he'd have to train every noob, just the ones with the bad grammar and the ones with bad attitudes."

Even if you just train the ones with bad attitudes/grammar, it will be very difficult.

Quote: "Quote: "I'll only ban the ones who are actually breaking the AUP. Otherwise is pretty stupid and one minded."
I think i'll stick with Matt Rock, as he will train noobs and make them normal users. But if Matt Rock fails, i'll vote for you."

If theyre just here to break the AUP, then they dont deserve to be part of this community. So banning will work much better. Training will just waste time.

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 02:22
I just replied to your email and I'll reply here as well. If you took the time to read what the mod typed into his sig, it says it's larger than 600x120.

I'd appreciate Game Maker not posting this in multiple threads like there's some conspiracy.

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, thanks of the reply Jeku. There you go gamer.

BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 03:56 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2008 04:04
Vote for BiggAdd and receive a years supply of Credit Crunch.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 14:02
Okay: wow.

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 15:48 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2008 15:51
Quote: "You can't POSSIBLY be HUMAN!! How is it possible to not eat ice cream at least once or twice a month? Have you ever heard of Dairy Queen? Or McDonald's ice cream? What about the ice cream from those machines in buffet-style restaurants?"

I almost always eat meals cooked at home, or order pizza or chinese delivery. It's pretty rare that I eat fast food, we don't have a Dairy Queen within 20 miles of my house, McDonald's ice cream is basically frozen sugar with MSG, and I don't eat in buffets for a number of reasons.

Quote: "What do you do, candidates? Oh what do you do?"

Shoot the hostage! Okay, no more references to Speed, I promise...

Step I - Contact multiple moderators I know and trust via email or instant messenger to alert them to the bad content, so they can begin fighting it thread by thread.

Step II - Send an email to Rich, CC'd to Rick, as a heads-up warning, with links to examples of the bad content, and warn them that a moderator may be behind the act.

Step III - Email my full administration to warn them of the attacks. It would be our jobs to keep everyone calm and cool during the pr0n invasion.

Step IV - See to it that the moderator and all other perpetrators are banned from TGC for life. Some behavior can't be helped. There will be strong recommendations from the administration that Rich send the moderator in question to Barbie Island... life sentence.

Step V - All of the valiant moderators who saved the day would be rewarded for their efforts somehow. I'm not sure how yet, but hey, it's only a hypothetical scenario!

In the wake of this disaster, we'd need someone to wash all of the peanut butter off of Alucard. As President, I will do everything within my power to ensure that we send Omega on that mission. Just as the community would want it!

Edit: Unless of course there are volunteers

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 16:34
The idea someone would volunteer for that is disturbing.

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 18:52
Quote: "
Okay, snap decision: TGC gets invaded by an unsavoury forum filled with louts and people who type "gr8" and use caps lock all the time! The forums are filled with threads chock-full of... mature... pictures! They have a serious operation going which is dedicated to the destruction of all things TGC! And one of our Mods, who has been here for years, turns out to be one of them, bent on bringing this place down from the inside - but nobody knows which Mod it is!

What do you do, candidates? Oh what do you do?"

I will kill every mod, taking down the culprit too. I will use my presidential powers to ban all the horrible people, or obtain their house address and- well, you know the rest.

I will then get some monkey drones to moderate the forums and make them edit people's posts to make out as if they are speaking in tongues. Then I will drain the rainbow of it's warped carpel cyanide hampster.

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 18:54
Pus says that if you vote for him you die, which is accurate, seeing as if you vote for him you didn't vote for me, which makes you non prefect and I notice everyone who's not prefect and kills them.
So a vote for Pus is really just a vote for not being perfect.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 18:55
Either way, you're a corpse.

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 19:01
Or vote for me and have a slightly better possibility at not being murdered. And besides, I've heard great things about being a corpse, it's calm and cool.

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 19:08
Nah, being a corpse is overrated. I mean come on, look at Courtney Love.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 19:09
I'd rather not, thanks.

You sir have the moral ambivalence of a mutated shrimp!
darkvee
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi this is Vee
I vote for Jimmy
He is always there when you need him, and he useally helps you out on anything you need; also, alot of you may know Jimmy, he is on the "Darkbasic Pro Coding Challenges", like all the time.
Everyone vote for Jimmy!
He will make a great president.

Vee
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 16:25
This is rather silly, and Jimmy is the king of silly. I vote for him as well.

I also vote that he bring back his little girl with green hair and sunglasses avatar.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 19:20
It's now the 24th and no new candidates may join. (Although you'd be mad to do so now.) Is there ANYONE I've missed out of my list? I'll check over it, but I need to know now if you're not on here. Voting starts tommorrow on the new thread (soon to be posted.)

And of course, voting for me is mandatory.

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 20:11
I just realized with my name I probably should have ran.

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 20:16 Edited at: 24th Nov 2008 20:18
Quote: "I just realized with my name I probably should have ran."

Super-ultra-mega-epic-double-face-palm.

Edit:
I just realized my sig has been erased by a mod. I thought it was 600 x 150, not 600 x 120?
huh.
Could've sworn...

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 23:22
Nope it is 600x120, whoever told you 600x150 is a fool...

As candidate for presidency I would have thought you'd know these details. *shakes head*

You sir have the moral ambivalence of a mutated shrimp!
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 23:29
Seppuku, I'd advice you to vote for me. Why? Because I was the first one to post after the post you just posted...

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 23:32
Omega and I support Pus! (Right Omega? I just wanna double check with you after that last screw-up of mine...yeah, you know, the one that involved all of those rabid hamsters? Man, I'm still wiping everybody's memory of that! What a situation....)

What is this box for?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-28 17:13:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-28 17:13:27