Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Forum President Elections

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 23:41
Alucard, I can't argue with that. I wave the Swedish flag in my room in your name...or at least I would, but that means climbing all of those stairs and well...this sofa is quite comfortable.

You sir have the moral ambivalence of a mutated shrimp!
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 01:56
Quote: "whoever told you 600x150 is a fool..."

I believe a mod told me that quite some time ago. Can't quite remember who, though... Are you calling that mod a fool?
Quote: "As candidate for presidency I would have thought you'd know these details."

A) I was misinformed. That is not my fault, now is it?
B) I am no longer a candidate, remember? As someone acting so superior, I would have thought you'd know that.
Quote: "Seppuku, I'd advice you to vote for me. Why? Because I was the first one to post after the post you just posted..."

Alucard, I'd advise you to vote for Pus, as Yodaman and I support him, and we posted the posts after you posted...

And, yes, Yodaman, we support pus, as he is my mind slave. Ooh, don't remind me about the hamsters... I've still got indigestion...

If the good lord had intended us to go outside or have a social life, he wouldn't have invented the internet.
<a href= "www.threeswordsproductions.com"></a>
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 02:05 Edited at: 25th Nov 2008 02:09
Quote: "I believe a mod told me that quite some time ago. Can't quite remember who, though... Are you calling that mod a fool?"

A mod didn't tell you that. Stop blaming other people for your mistakes.
I don't mean to sound rude, but what happened to you?

AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 02:29
Quote: "I don't mean to sound rude, but what happened to you?"

What are you talking about? He's always been this way.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 02:40
Quote: "Quote: "whoever told you 600x150 is a fool..."
I believe a mod told me that quite some time ago. Can't quite remember who, though... Are you calling that mod a fool?
Quote: "As candidate for presidency I would have thought you'd know these details."
A) I was misinformed. That is not my fault, now is it?
B) I am no longer a candidate, remember? As someone acting so superior, I would have thought you'd know that."

Dude, chill, the comment was made in the spirit of keeping the thread 'fun' and 'non-serious', what I said was facetious and not an attack, nor me trying to be superior.

Quote: "I believe a mod told me that quite some time ago. Can't quite remember who, though... Are you calling that mod a fool?"

If they did, then yes, it's only human nature to have foolish moments, I sincerely doubt a mod would be offended if I considered them a fool for a simple mistake. 'Fool' is not an insult, nor is it provokative.

You sir have the moral ambivalence of a mutated shrimp!
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 03:47
Quote: "A mod didn't tell you that. Stop blaming other people for your mistakes.
I don't mean to sound rude, but what happened to you?"

Yeah, actually, a mod DID tell me that. Mods are human too, believe it or not. They're just more powerful humans than us. Maybe the mod made a typing error, or was thinking of the size for something else.
And what do you mean "what happened"? I'm not sure what you're referring to.
Quote: "Dude, chill, the comment was made in the spirit of keeping the thread 'fun' and 'non-serious', what I said was facetious and not an attack, nor me trying to be superior."

Dude, you chill as well. I wasn't mad, I was also trying to keep the thread fun. It was a joke.

If the good lord had intended us to go outside or have a social life, he wouldn't have invented the internet.
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 03:56 Edited at: 25th Nov 2008 03:59
Quote: "Yeah, actually, a mod DID tell me that. Mods are human too, believe it or not. They're just more powerful humans than us. Maybe the mod made a typing error, or was thinking of the size for something else."

I honestly don't believe you. From the point you made the sig, a few posts before you, people had sigs over 120 as well. You most likely thought that was the right size.

I think the mods have done this job long enough to have 600x120 etched into their face.

Maybe you can find the post?

Quote: "And what do you mean "what happened"? I'm not sure what you're referring to."

I don't know, You always seems to be arguing or blaming people for something. For example, the social smoking thread.

But I don't know, you have just started to behave differently all of a sudden.

Maybe I am imagining things.

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 04:14
Quote: "I honestly don't believe you."

Well, that's your problem, not mine. No offense, but I have better things to do than try and convince you. And the mod didn't tell me directly, someone else had asked in a thread they had started, and the answer was 600 x 150. This thread was a few weeks after I joined, so I can't recall what it was.
Quote: "I think the mods have done this job long enough to have 600x120 etched into their face."

Again, mods are only human, and can make mistakes, too.
Quote: "Maybe you can find the post?"

I doubt it. It was quite some time ago, and it wasn't a thread that I had started.
Quote: "You always seems to be arguing or blaming people for something. For example, the social smoking thread."

In the smoking thread, I was restating my point over and over because, even though people said I was right about smoking being a bad and unhealthy choice, they still defended it as being a good choice. They insisted that smoking was a good thing, which it isn't.

Now, then lets get back on topic:
VOTE FOR PUS! MATT ROCK IS NOT THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR TGC!!!

BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 05:50 Edited at: 25th Nov 2008 05:54
Quote: "And the mod didn't tell me directly, someone else had asked in a thread they had started, and the answer was 600 x 150"

Aaa so the plot thickens. But this raises a valid point. I don't see why in the Forum profile it doesn't say

Signature: Max image dimensions 600x120
Next to the input box. Surely this will save a load of hassle for the mods. (Although I'm sure there will be some people who don't read it)
Also, all these new NXE Gamertag sigs are all over the maximum dimensions as well

While arguing about signatures is trivial, its unfair that your sig is removed yet others aren't.

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 05:55 Edited at: 25th Nov 2008 05:56
@ BiggAdd:

Why can't you just let it drop? Mods do make mistakes, everyone does, it's simply human nature. I don't see why you don't believe Omega.

Anyway, back on topic:

VOTE PUS OR DIE!!!

What is this box for?
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 06:00 Edited at: 25th Nov 2008 06:00
Quote: "Why can't we just let it drop? Mods do make mistakes, everyone does, it's simply human nature. I don't see why you don't believe Omega"

I just have, but by posting that you've just brought it back again.
I don't doubt for a second the mods can make mistakes, but I just think the mods must have erased so many signatures in thier time, the value 600x120 must be etched into their mind.

And beside, why should I believe somebody just because they told me? I only had to poke a little bit further to find Omega wasn't actually directly told by a mod, in which he originally stated.

But I could very well be wrong. And I apologize if I am wrong, but I just don't buy the story.
If Omega knows he is telling the truth, then what is the big deal?

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 06:07
Quote: "I only had to poke a little bit further to find Omega wasn't actually directly told by a mod, in which he originally stated."

I wasn't told directly by a mod, but it was a mod who said it. they just said it to another user who had asked.

Now then, Lets not say any more on the subject. If Biggadd doesn't believe me, fine. Its not a big deal. Sorry, to bring it back up, but I just wanted to clear it up.

BACK ON TOPIC:
Say NO to taxing lolcats! DON'T vote for Matt!

www.threeswordsproductions.com
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 06:12
Quote: "Now then, Lets not say any more on the subject. If Biggadd doesn't believe me, fine. Its not a big deal. Sorry, to bring it back up, but I just wanted to clear it up."

Yeh its not really a big deal.

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 06:13
Taxing lolcatz is an evil thing indeed! DON'T VOTE FOR MATT! PUS MUST WIN!!!

What is this box for?
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 06:16 Edited at: 25th Nov 2008 06:16
YES... Because Pus IS a lolcat! PUS in boots! A cat! If Pus wins, I shall make him fight for lolcat rights!

Darth Kiwi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 18:13
Quote: "MATT ROCK IS NOT THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR TGC!!!"

Just wondering - is your whole anti-Matt-Rock campaign based on his taxing of lolcatz?

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 18:30
Quote: "is your whole anti-Matt-Rock campaign based on his taxing of lolcatz?"

That, his delusional stance on somehow "re-training" n00bs and trolls, and his lack of promises of sugary treats.

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 18:33 Edited at: 25th Nov 2008 18:34
i aggree with Omega Gamer, Matt Rock should not become the president. DONT VOTE MATT ROCK!!!!

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 18:39
Do NOT vote Matt Rock...
DO vote Pus in boots!

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 19:07
Or just vote me and I'll kill Omega Gamer 89. Well, I'll do what I can.

Alucard94, the member of the future of the past.
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 19:10
Quote: "Or just vote me and I'll kill Omega Gamer 89. Well, I'll do what I can."

And what can do, is nothing.
Must I remind you of the impenetrability of OmegaLand? I'm untouchable.

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 19:33
Remind me of what? Your little playground? Honestly, what do you have against sheer perfectness?

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 19:35
A) Your definition of "perfect" is flawed.
B) NOTHING is perfect.
C) People deserve the freedom to be imperfect. If everyone was perfect, we would all agree on everything and life would be endlessly boring.

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 19:43
A) No?
B) Didn't I just say that I WILL create a perfect world. Thereby making every single thing perfect.
C) People deserve no freedom whatsoever, and you know it. No we wouldn't agree on everything, I will make you disagree and then kill you for disagreeing.

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 19:50
Quote: "A) No?"

Yes.
Quote: "B) Didn't I just say that I WILL create a perfect world. Thereby making every single thing perfect."

By "nothing is perfect" I mean you can't make something perfect. EVERYTHING has flaws, no matter what. You cannot create something perfect.
Quote: "C) People deserve no freedom whatsoever, and you know it. No we wouldn't agree on everything, I will make you disagree and then kill you for disagreeing."

If no one had freedom, they would have to agree with everything you said. They wouldn't have the freedom to disagree. And if you kill someone for something YOU made them do... Shouldn't YOU be the one being killed?

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 19:55
Quote: "If no one had freedom, they would have to agree with everything you said. They wouldn't have the freedom to disagree. And if you kill someone for something YOU made them do... Shouldn't YOU be the one being killed?
"

Yes I should, but remember, I'm the one in control aren't I?

Quote: "Yes."

Yes... But no. (Try to counter that, and don't say maybe, it won't work)

Quote: "By "nothing is perfect" I mean you can't make something perfect. EVERYTHING has flaws, no matter what. You cannot create something perfect.
"

That's what you THINK, seeing as you've never seen anything truly perfect. But it'll come faster than you think.

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 20:00
Quote: "Yes I should, but remember, I'm the one in control aren't I?"

Not yet, you're not! *Blows Alucard's head off.*
PROBLEM SOLVED!
Quote: "Yes... But no."

No... But... Yyyyyeeeeeaahhhhhh... Yes. Affirmative. Positive. Da. Ja. Si. Hai. YES.
You are defeated.
Quote: "That's what you THINK, seeing as you've never seen anything truly perfect. But it'll come faster than you think."

Nooo... that is what I know.

Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 20:03
There's one thing that sure is perfect. Alucard's policy.

He'll be getting my vote.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 20:05 Edited at: 25th Nov 2008 20:05
How can you vote for someone with no head...and is also a corpse?
I just blew his head off, remember? Now he is where he belongs.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 20:07 Edited at: 25th Nov 2008 20:07
And Grandma, you aren't allowed to vote, as you are a vampire.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 20:10
I am most certainly NOT!

I'm not a pure breed. Get this right, I'm half vampire, one quart robot, one quart cookie-machine, and 100% awesome. That pic is misleading.

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 20:16
Quote: "I'm not a pure breed. Get this right, I'm half vampire, one quart robot, one quart cookie-machine, and 100% awesome. That pic is misleading."

Either, way having even 0.0221% vampire genes makes you a vampire in the eyes of TGC, and you therefore cannot vote.
If I Pus is elected, I'm sure he'll fight for vampire/robot/cookie-machine rights.
Also, shouldn't that be "quarter"?
A "quart" is a unit of liquid measure.

Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 20:33
Quote: "Also, shouldn't that be "quarter"?
A "quart" is a unit of liquid measure."

I'm mostly liquid.

Well, about 50% anyway.

This just shows how unperfect this world is. In Alucards world, a quart is whatever he says it is (which is probably something that I would agree with). It's nice to know you'll be fighting for the rights of the minorities like me though.

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 20:37
Grandma, your pic is gone again....

Anyway, PUS! PUS! VOTE PUS!!

I think the text above should stand out nicely...

What is this box for?
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 20:46 Edited at: 25th Nov 2008 20:49
Quote: "Grandma, your pic is gone again...."

I KNOW AND IT IS VERY ANNOYING

Edit: I think it's sabotage from Matt's campaign. Back when I ran as candidate. They probably wanted me to look unprofessional and steal my avatar at random intervals. Forgetting to put it back.

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 20:55
Quote: "Edit: I think it's sabotage from Matt's campaign. Back when I ran as candidate. They probably wanted me to look unprofessional and steal my avatar at random intervals. Forgetting to put it back.
"

By the time I've been gone I have launched a full scale missile attack... eeh investigation on Matt Rock and his strange underground doings. I have found evidence of him removing people's avatars and signatures, even if they don't have any! This is pure evil!

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 21:17
My campaign has never and will never sabotage our political rivals. They do a good enough job of doing that themselves .

What my administration WILL deliver on when we're inaugerated into power on December 1st:

Listen to and genuinely care about our constituents

Surround ourselves with the best and brightest, filling our administration with the best people suited for various positions

Impose a tax on lolcatz use, and rally support behind wthdogz, creating hundreds of billions of new jobs for the TGC community

Improve fire safety regulations for and fireproof the FPSC boards

Encourage helping new members learn the ropes, even when (and especially after) confronting our community with noobish behavior. Retrain those individuals to be contributing members of our community, else ban them (or even subject them to corporal punishment, issued by our TBA Secretary of Internment).

Joe the Programmer

Help bolster the WIP/ PA boards with a stringent game development campaign, to encourage game creation over tools development, by introducing new community competitions, spreading team building tips and practices, etc.

Institute a Rick Roll tax when these are performed in unoriginal, unfunny ways.

Institute an "Omega Tax." This will tax citizens who act like (or quite simply are) Omega Gamer 89 when such actions upset other members of our community.

Launch an ad-supported, limitless file size, community upload/ download center within one year of taking office, free for all users who subject themselves to a simple EULA (no, I'm really not kidding lol, Dink and I have been planning this for months now)

Destroy Paris Hilton

My friends, every other candidate has a simple-minded one-liner solution to the issues our community faces. Since I first announced my candidacy, my campaign has garnished more support than any other candidate, not because we lie and smear our opponents, not because we promise sugar highs or ice cream headaches, but because we (the collective of individuals announced for my administration) are experienced members of the TGC community. We understand the difficulties you face day in, day out, and we want to do something about it. The title is superficial, but the policies and ambitions of this staff are not.

Be a ROCKstar. Vote Rock/ Dink and let's make our community a better place, with less cheezburgerz and more progress!

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 21:20
Or just vote me. I'm here. And I have a purple avatar and a matching purple signature, how awesome isn't that?

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 21:22
Quote: "Or just vote me. I'm here. And I have a purple avatar and a matching purple signature, how awesome isn't that?"

Oh, and like, Uhhh??? My signature and avatar does'nt match?

You're anology fails...
Also BTW, they dont match... Sorry, only the colour/shades matches.

"Your greatest teacher is your harshest critic"-'Butterfingers'
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 21:28
Quote: "Oh, and like, Uhhh??? My signature and avatar does'nt match?

You're anology fails...
Also BTW, they dont match... Sorry, only the colour/shades matches."

I fail? Well you just made the classic you're/your mistake, and I haven't. Who's the one failing now? And you're not even part of the election. So shoo!

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 21:32 Edited at: 25th Nov 2008 21:33
Oh shoe... I`m sure my avatar does'nt match... I mean? come'on?
it does'nt match I know it! I made it! ffs it doesnt match!!!
I did'nt make it to match...

Just joking, I fail... ^^

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 21:51
Maybe he meant to imply that you have a secret identity, and your real name is "Anology Fails." Are you any relation to Analogy Fails?

Vote Rock/ Dink!

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 22:56 Edited at: 25th Nov 2008 22:56
People, people. Killing people isn't necessary, unless the victim is omega. But really, do you want a lot of raving lunatics ruling your boards? Hiding in every code of your internet? Spieing... Waiting to just wreck the whole forum and its members? I for one do not want that forum so I'm carrying on my fight, so we can...
Make the Future now!
Vote for Deathead/kaedroho and together.. We shall fight for our futures.. Our Salvation.

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 23:16 Edited at: 25th Nov 2008 23:16
Quote: "We shall fight for our futures.. Our Salvation."

Your future of what? Misspellings like this?

Quote: "Spieing."

Do you want a president who uses inaccurate grammar? Or do you want a president who is most likely going to murder the people you love? And don't pick the obvious one...

Darth Kiwi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 23:42
Quote: "issued by our TBA Secretary of Internment"

I want in! I want a cosh and a badge and a dark, threatening suit and a sound-proof room...

Destroy Paris Hilton? If that doesn't bring in the voters, I don't know what will.
Unless one voter is Paris Hilton, of course. Which seems unlikely.

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2008 00:01 Edited at: 26th Nov 2008 01:40
Hmm, Kiwi as Secretary of Internment... I like the sound of that

Edit so I don't double post: Pus? The voting thread?

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2008 17:00
Yes, Pus, I ordered you to create the voting thread quite some time ago!
You'd better have a good explanation for this! I hope, for your sake, you were in a horrible accident and are in a coma.

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2008 17:06
I emailed him about it, but if he doesn't start it today maybe someone else should. But again, let's wait and see if he does. I wonder if we'll get an extra day to vote, or is it needed?

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2008 17:14
Quote: "Killing people isn't necessary."

Quote: "unless the victim is omega. "

Quote: "But really, do you want a lot of raving lunatics ruling your boards?"

Yes, I infact do... If you were like me, you'd know that these lunatics are infact funny... ^^
Quote: "Waiting to just wreck the whole forum and its members?"

Actualy, people only do that for the fun of see-ing pathetic comebacks that they'll laugh at. So you're only way to stop that, is to stop the entire forum itself...

Also is this president election 4 real? Seriously... Its like a GMOD role play server... :/

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2008 18:53
Sorry guys, yesterday aws a no-computer day. It's complicated.

Anyway, I'm putting the thread up now. Again, sorry about the delay.

AND VOTE PUS!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 15:53:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 15:53:24