Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Official FPSC Migration Discussion Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I intend to get x10 but..should I just waint untill migration is done or buy x10 now?
Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 12:58 Edited at: 15th Feb 2009 18:07
well if you have the beast computer for x10, get x10 because i think the migration i going to be awhile yet. but tbh if your getting x10 for fun go for it, but i wouldnt use x10 commercially because not many people have that type of pc, well i know i dont...
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2009 12:48
UPDATE 17/02/09

FPSC X9 V1.15 BETA 2 has been released

Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Piracy Discussion Thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142774&b=21
Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2009 12:52
Getting closer!
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2009 13:02
Weapon grouping, IMO, is one thing which is necessarry for newer games.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce the combined size to 600x120 maximum size
Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2009 14:15
Sorry but what is that lol ?
ozzi mad boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2009 14:30
like Handguns, Secondary weapons, Machineguns, grenades and such i think
if not that would be good anyway

http://www.afrokid-fps.co.nr
Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2009 20:14
Question - when they say 'Migration version will be available to everyone who already owns X9' does that mean everyone who owns X9, or everyone who bought X9 off the TGC website? Because that's been a problem in the past.

Lee Bamber - Blame Beer
Quote: "They also call it gameplay because its a game...
Which you play"
-Demonair
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Question - when they say 'Migration version will be available to everyone who already owns X9' does that mean everyone who owns X9, or everyone who bought X9 off the TGC website? Because that's been a problem in the past."

Anyone that has bought fps creator will get the migration for free.

]

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 04:06
@Insert Name Here

Probably off of the TGC sites so those who pirated X9 don't get it for free (even though they'll just download it again)

ozzi mad boy

This is possible already (however you can't pick up guns dropped from enemies). Theres a thread somewhere about it.

Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
SamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 04:14
I am new to TGC and FPSC and am a little confused about the "Migration".

I understand we will get it for free but lemme see if I am correct on what I think it is.

The migration is pretty much FPSC x9 and x10 in one program?
So once the migration is released those with FPSC x9 will pretty much have both versions?
Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 15:10 Edited at: 18th Feb 2009 15:11
Well Lets all get torches and forks and go to the game creators and shout "We want ragdoll, We want ragdoll" *while hitting the forks on the ground* J/K
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 15:28
The migration is pretty much FPSC x9 and x10 in one program?

Yep. We get the features from both programs + more and it's compatible with DX9

Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 16:27
I hope it does come this year
Is there an exact list of what we are getting rather than these posts from lee because i got a bit confused
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 17:10
Take it you haven't read the first post Demonair?

Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 18:25 Edited at: 18th Feb 2009 18:26
i have, sorry. but i didnt think we was getting dark ai to keep it open source ?
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 21:00
my list of what i want in migration:

dynamic collision so animated entities have collision,no more coloff for doors

an very awesome debris system

slight use of water(this means when you put a bath in the bathroom you can add water in the bath and when the bath is destroyed the water goes out,might be useful for drains)

A.K.A. djmaster
Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 01:14 Edited at: 19th Feb 2009 01:15
thats a good list
i know i would like, proper bump and normal map support maybe even parallax, deffinetly ragdolls though.

Will dynamic shadows be only availible to the x10 users ?
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 09:01 Edited at: 19th Feb 2009 09:22
no! only the fancy hightech effects will be for x10 users,we get a x9 bloom and other technical stuff

edit: got some new features in my mind:

placeable cameras so you can make cutscenes and control them with fpi scripting like camfollow=character1 and selectcam=cam3

omni lights(directional lights) that will allow awesome effects like a cars headlights lightning the wall(there must be square,round,elipse,rectangular omnis to add a lot of variety,colours too)

for the name i got FPS Creator NextGen.

edit2: heh got another idea that is kinda a must

new animations for characters(the current ones are very action figure robotic,and at the brand new ai these animations will look very bad,maybe bond can contribute some)

A.K.A. djmaster
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 09:37 Edited at: 19th Feb 2009 14:15
Reading this thread I see a lot of users wanting even more demanding graphics.

I would prefer if the migration version would focus on being nice to the players of our games. We need an in-game options menu that lets users set stuff like:
-Resolution
-Audio
-Shaders on/off
-Texture quality
-Controls (keyboard, mouse speed and y-axis)
We already have a lot of third-party pre-loaders that can do this but real user friendlynes comes from getting this one step further and directly into the game.

Then I would like to see stability and speed prioritized. If we dream of selling FPSC games then we can't have users fall through floors with 10 frames per second or get stuck randomly in scenery.

Finally it would be cool to have more in-editor options instead of having to work with them in FPI scripting. This could open up a lot of stuff to more users that don't mess around with scripting.

Additional graphic stuff is way down on my list and I hope a lot of people here feel the same. The way I see it a small but loud minority are screaming for the least important engine additions. It's not unimportant to have nice graphics but it's far from the most important!

You don't hear many gamers complain if a great game doesn't have some new form of bump mapping for textures but you can be sure that they will hate your game if you don't let them change anything in an options menu or the game has weird crashes.

edit: it would also be nice if player who experienced a game not starting due to DirectX were told where to online and get the update. A lot of people don't have DirectX November 2008 installed which is the one the migration version probably will be using since FPSC X10 v1.09 beta is using it now.

I hope that we can make FPSC games user friendly for the actual gamers and not just demanding on their graphics cards.

Bash me if you think I am wrong!
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 10:35
people still play doom1,duke nukem,nfs 1 beacause they have amazing gameplay and very fun too,but the graphics are hundrets of years old-no one minds.and a much much simpler game build menu,and a button to switch to advanced.it would be awesome to move menu buttons in real time.making all things editable to users in the simplest and most efficient way makes a lot of new options.ive been playing a lot of counter strike lately and if the new fpsc migration edition will come close to counter strike source,ill be happy with it more than ever.good framerates,stable game,good ai,good level design combined make a very very fun,popular and awesome game.

A.K.A. djmaster
Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 14:25
Still, i would like all of the graphical and physical features.
But something about changing the settings would be great.

i would also like to see 2 more characters to show of these new features or not but meh :/
Weasel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 00:01 Edited at: 21st Feb 2009 20:13
1. Need more features and better AI

2. Stability/Frame Rate

3. Bloom

4. Other Graphics
SamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 00:51
I agree we need more options and such for x9. Graphics are nice and from what I have seen x9 is not that bad on graphics if ya know how to model well. I have seen x7 games with killer graphics. Learn to use the shaders and bump mapping and you can have some very nice graphics.

I too would rather see more options and stability for x9 rather than more pumped up graphics.

If ya need better graphics then get x10 but then again if ya cant make good looking models and graphics then it will still not do ya any good.
Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 01:37 Edited at: 20th Feb 2009 11:33
Attualy, another thing i would like to see in the migration is, whenever an enemy hits or shoots you it knocks you back... This will make our games alot more realistic.
Stoopid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 00:58 Edited at: 21st Feb 2009 00:59
Quote: "4. Other Grapics "

Graphics. ..

Quote: "Attualy, another thing i would like to see in the migration is, whenever an enemy hits or shoots you it knocks you back... This will make our games alot more realistic. "

Not exactly. Have you ever been in a major battle in a game, BF2, F.E.A.R, or something.. and been standing there as you suddenly get farther away? Sure, in some cases it might be alright to use, but I'm not too sure about your whole "realism" point of view. ?

/troll
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 01:30 Edited at: 21st Feb 2009 01:30
Going back to something which was said earlier:

I have the boxed version of FPSC which I bought long before I signed up for this forum (I bought in August 2006) I wonder if TGC will accept the receipt as proof of purchase?

[center]
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 05:33
why not? it's still a receipt from them(you'd better hope so) and it's simply a proof of purchase.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 08:43
you probably take a photo of the box and the serial+make your signature on a paper and place it there simmilar to valve(damn hackers stole my counter strike account)

oh and one of the most important things that matter to me is dynamic colission.accuracy will play a role then in shooting characters,otherwise you must just aim in its colission box also animated traps will be more awesome and finally no coloff doors

and visual damage for characters would be nice,like for shooting in wood ect we would have for characters,maybe a gore system so you can blow zombies limbs off ect. and have the mature patch like in x10

A.K.A. djmaster
Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 13:57 Edited at: 21st Feb 2009 13:58
Quote: "
Quote: "Attualy, another thing i would like to see in the migration is, whenever an enemy hits or shoots you it knocks you back... This will make our games alot more realistic. "

Not exactly. Have you ever been in a major battle in a game, BF2, F.E.A.R, or something.. and been standing there as you suddenly get farther away? Sure, in some cases it might be alright to use, but I'm not too sure about your whole "realism" point of view. ?"

Well if you've ever played doom 3, a guy with a shotgun or a more powerful weapon it will knock you back abit not too much just abit...

and would i still get the migration because i bought my fpsc of ebay xD about 2 years ago

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 14:10
like i said or you scan the reciept and send them,the most needed thing is stability and speed and ofcoure tons more fpi commands like mossbergmaxammo=12 which will set mossbergs top ammo limit from 10 or 8 to 12

A.K.A. djmaster
Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 14:24
how about soft shadow effects or a default version of something like lite fx

gamer for life
Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 22:39
The thing is i would like both stability and graphics/physics. because we definetly need stability, but if you are planning to sell your game it would be good to have good graphics as that should attrack more users... (this is only my opinion)

xgcell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 23:46
Since we are getting ragdoll effects (i think), then i think it should be upgraded, due to the noticeable effects in x10 of bodies collapsing into themselves >.<

cant wait

Friends are like potatoes, if you eat them they die.
Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 03:11 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2009 03:14
UPDATE 22/02/09

FPSC X10 V1.09 BETA 6 has been released.
Lol, Beat you to it marc

Also x10's ragdoll makes the character look like its got no weight. But still any ragdoll is better than the current death animations...

Krowsnest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 03:28
Here's my list o stuff I think should be included (for the x9 part at least) in the migration:

-Improved AI (allies!!!! and nuetral, and not nuetral like the passive script but like Dark AI).
-Moreso stable framerate (duh)
-Water
-Safezones
-A text zone; basically u walk in it and text appears, like for use as dialogue, that would really help in storytelling and tutorials.
-ragdoll
-GUI instancing or w/e it is has been used in other x9 games, why can't it be used with fpsc?
- I know its already been turned down but other video and audio supported files types for sound/video zones!

I feel I'm asking for too much but o well i can dream

The Cake is a Lie!!!!
Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 05:11 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2009 05:12
I'll be happy as long as we get ragdoll

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 05:30
Ragdoll is un needed, we just need performance increases. I can play halo or left for dead in massive environments teaming with enemies, and yet fpsc lags like nuts. Also, we need more scripting, and thats all. Water, maybe, but fixes of enemies and speed, positive...

Till Thy Migration Come...
>>>Can anyone guess how I came up with my username???<<<
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 07:50
Quote: "-Improved AI (allies!!!! and nuetral, and not nuetral like the passive script but like Dark AI)."

We're getting DarkAI in the migration

Quote: "-Moreso stable framerate (duh)"

Lee's working on it

Quote: "-Water"

Yep, we're getting water

Quote: "-Safezones"

As we're getting DarkAI Safezones should be possible

Quote: "-A text zone; basically u walk in it and text appears, like for use as dialogue, that would really help in storytelling and tutorials."

This is already possible

Quote: "-ragdoll"

We're getting ragdoll (and darkPhysics)

Quote: "-GPI instancing or w/e it is has been used in other x9 games, why can't it be used with fpsc?"

As far as I'm aware, GPU instancing is only supported in DarkBasic X10.

Quote: "- I know its already been turned down but other video and audio supported files types for sound/video zones!"

I would like this too, .wav files take up huge amounts of space, and require it to be converted to .ogg which is difficult for some people. WMV files would be great as videos too.

Quote: "Ragdoll is un needed, we just need performance increases."

I think people are missing the point here. We're getting performance and graphics, I think somewhere in my first post of the features list we can see some of the mesaures Lee will be taking to improve performance. Hopefully he will fix the Hidden Surface Removal bug, the main cause of the lag, reduce memory consumption, and reduce file size + more.

DEMONAIR:

Haha, I saw it the other day but I wasn't logged in, so I couldn't be bothered to log in thanks though, I'll add it to my first post.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 08:42
we need ragdoll,when anderson from ertlov came out they gave it a lower score just beacause the enemies died through the wall

A.K.A. djmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Out of curiosity, will V2 be a download patch in itself or will we have to rummage through order history to get it?

One day, I threw a potato... AND IT HIT THE CEILING, like, HOW AWESOME
Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 17:25
Lol, no problem marc

Krowsnest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 18:01
Marc what i mean by textzones is just simplifying the script to this with a triggerzone, that way less technical ppl like myself will b able to figure it out

my taste in music isn't weird, its just so amazing your ears haven't quite adapted to it yet.
Blue Tungsten
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 13:16
That's a good idea, make a zone that shows a HUD when you walk into it. It's more customizable like that. Also, it's way easier than having to write the FPI yourself.
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 17:17
we could make 1 script,you apply it to the triggerzone and specify the text in the ifused box or audio box,but unfortunately hudtext=$0 doesent work

A.K.A. djmaster
Blue Tungsten
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 17:34
Maybe a fix will come in migration?
Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 23:51
I would like to see Ironsights (please, god, let there be ironsights) and Ply's Mod commands.

Some people say that I'm crazy... And I agree.
USE PLY'S MOD!
Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 05:25
How about having a bullet "cone", instead of bullets going in a straight line from the gun, have them come out in a cone, with the tip of the cone at the barrel of the gun

(sorry for the bad wording, hard to explain...)

"There are very few problems in life that cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives"
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 07:43
Well, we know Lemur will be implemented into the migration, and I think Lee is considering adding AirMod meaning we may get iron sights, and I'm not sure about Ply's mod but a lot of people would be happy to have it.

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2009 15:27
UPDATE 26/02/09

FPSC X10 V.109 BETA 7 has been released

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 19:33:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 19:33:58