Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / X10 V109 BUG REPORTS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2009 18:22
I also have that weird gun bug now

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2009 19:33
How about an attach tool so that we can make more puzzles. By saying that I mean, the abilaty to attach one item to another and still have physics on. Great work with the Beta by the way.

I am Caboose, The Vehicle Destroyer!
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 13:54
well, it would be better to fix bugs first (model packs etc.) and after migration we can ask for that stuff.

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 22:15
After installing Beta 3.
DLL error when testing a level.
No custom media.

Screenie attached.

2.8ghz Duo Core
3gb ram
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth" -- Mike Tyson

http://www.fpscx10-online.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 22:26
I am going to see about adding a warning to the interface when an older DirectX is installed. For now just grab the latest DirectX from the MS site

And lo, after much toil, he placed his keyboard on the ground and lo, he saw that it was good. Then his PC crashed, and lo, he saw that is wasn't good enough!
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2009 06:44
It was a pain to update. But I did it, and all is well.
At least I'm assuming I'm on 10.1. The error is gone.
But dxdiag still says 10 instead of 10.1. Oh well, that's
Microsoft!

Keep those betas coming Lee!!

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2009 04:38
I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but has anyone noticed now that when you walk through water it plays the "walking on metal" sound?

"Welcome to the forums, MasterXMP. Your game looks like garbage..." - Game Maker
ianio
Years of Service
User Offline
can you fix the problem where it is possible to shot through doors ?
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2009 18:57
BETA4 uploaded. Still quite a list to go through but I thought you might want to get your hands on the latest version, untested but making progress. The last of the work was with Model Pack 9 but there are some mesh and texture files that will need to be modified in a newer model pack installer once V109 is complete. Some VWEAP meshes 'may' need converting to a single vertex only mesh and re-saving and a few of the textures use a strange texture format for Normals which need re-converting to DXT5. Apart from that, the files do not require changes. If you find any issues not already reported in Model Pack 9 and earlier with this BETA, let me know. Right now I am aware of:

1. Some textures are wrong on the HUD model (multi-material mesh texture assigns a little off).

2. Above stated MP9 asset conversions required

Have done some brief testing against default X10 levels and BETA4 seems to be behaving itself so try it out if you like.

And lo, after much toil, he placed his keyboard on the ground and lo, he saw that it was good. Then his PC crashed, and lo, he saw that is wasn't good enough!
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2009 20:29 Edited at: 4th Feb 2009 21:29
Using latest beta but have a bit of a problem. Its been happening on FPSC X10 on all versions. The picture is attached the problem is that a light doesn't light up an area it only makes a circle on the wall where it is placed. Very annoying meaning i cnat have lightmaping in levels.

[Mod Edit: I've made a link for your image as it was to wide.]

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=1684649

But apart from that very stable beta and it seems that i have a speed increase with this beta as well. Good to see progress being made now and so quickly as well.

Something that needs addressing though both in FPSC X9 and FPSC X10 is that everything is stretched when using a wide-screen monitor. A widescreen flag would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Lee

Attachments

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2009 21:17 Edited at: 4th Feb 2009 21:18
I'm also having a bit of trouble. Placing a light entity from model pack 3 with a light under it:

a) The light entity completely disappears. See attached for the entity in the editor.
b) The light marker gives off a weird looking light (I've set the light to light blue). See next post for image.

Attachments

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2009 21:18

Attachments

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2009 21:27
*Triple post!*

Also, When clicking on a segment in the library, it's not highlighted so you're not sure which segment you're using.

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2009 22:41 Edited at: 4th Feb 2009 23:04
Do I have to create normal, diffuse, and specular maps for model pack 3 stuff? Because I still can't get it working...
No textures appear, just an 100% opaque model with a dynamic shadow.
EDIT: It would be great if you could fix the walking in water bug which causes the 'walking on metal' sound to be played.
Also... I came up with this bug whilst trying to test with a model pack 9 handgun.
And when I finally got a level working. With a model pack 9 gun in it, I picked it up and I'm like...OMG!! Then I switch to it and ... object number illegal at line ... blah.
EDIT 2: Can't get ANY model pack 9 guns working.

"Welcome to the forums, MasterXMP. Your game looks like garbage..." - Game Maker

Attachments

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2009 20:28
hey lee,

cool new update!
but i got troubles, when i loaded a level it takes so long to test, 5 minutes! when i used beta 03 it takes 30 seconds....

what's the problem?

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2009 23:18
Weird doesn't do that for me mine loads faster and i get faster FPS in-game only issue i can find is the light one discussed before.

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2009 05:46
Do you have full lightmaps on cause that can cause the long load times. just a thought, try to turn it down in the preferences to the second option it might help out.
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2009 07:30
ow yeah you right . damm i know that you need to choose the second one, but i reinstalled x10. And forgotten to chance it. Thanks guys!

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2009 17:14
Hey Lee just thought you might want to know that not all guns in model pack 9 work. And the one that do(other then the melee one.)are not rendering right. If you need pics ill get you some. Oh and thank for the update there coming out good.
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2009 03:29
I can report that the only thing I got working out of model pack 9 is the katana

DarkBASIC Professional....Mmmmm the possibilities.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2009 20:44
I noticed there is an Impact Force setting for weapons now. Is there a gunspec equivalent to this, and if not, can it be added? From my experience with the FPSC source code it would consist of a one-line addition since it can already be set in the map.

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 06:48
Quote: "I noticed there is an Impact Force setting for weapons now.
"

Er are you serious? Thats always been there

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 14:38
yeh inpact force is cool, one shot and the enemie can fly

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 16:10
Yeh i love playing with that it can be very funny

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 05:13
Well I meant to say now in X10, but the question stands, I'd like to know what the gunspec parameter is.

ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 11:04
Hi ive got the latest beta 4 update ,and one thing that anoys me is that
theres no water sound anymore ,when you walk in it!?
Someone else with that problem here???
R
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 12:30
@ricwid as mentioned before we all have this and yes it is a bug and will be fixed dotn worry thats one of the down sides of using betas

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 19:02
New BETA5 uploaded for your amusement. It pretty much hits all the problems we talked about and takes compatibility up to Model Pack 18. I will work on MP19 through MP22 now, and of course respond to any feedback on anything you find in BETA5 in due course. Also some feedback form posts above:

ricwid & The Next & Rampage : I cannot reproduce the water not making splash sounds when you wade through it. The only situation where the water will NOT make a sound is when you have smoothness to ZERO as this tells the engine the water is solid (and so cannot make splash sounds). Not sure if this relates to the 'walk on metal sound' report but in any case I will need an FPM using default media to confirm or reject this bug report.

First Three Skies : Checked the first three skies and they seem fine in the current build so cannot reproduce this bug. If anyone else can reproduce a problem selecting and viewing the first three skies, send a screenshots and we can go from there.

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 19:07
Awesome! Thanks Lee. Love the speed your getting these Betas out to us! I'm gonna try it out right now.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 19:24
Great!

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 19:28
lee tha master!

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 19:46 Edited at: 10th Feb 2009 19:50
Model pack 3 entities are still missing in game and still getting the weird lighting.

Windows Vista Premium
4gb memory
nVideo 8800 gt - 1gb video memory

The aspect ration has been fixed though.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 20:15
Nickydude: Send me an FPM showing the "Model pack 3 entities are still missing in game and still getting the weird lighting" and a screenshot to remind me Thanks.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 20:28 Edited at: 10th Feb 2009 20:41
No problem, just give me few minutes.

Here's a screenshot of the problem.

Attachments

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 20:39
Ok, here you go. The reception tables are from model pack 3, the couches are from the Modern Day pack (not sure which one) and the segments are custom and are included in the download as well as screenshots showing the problem.

Attachments

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 20:44
lol, the katata sword is transparant, you can look trough it

noobgamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 02:19 Edited at: 11th Feb 2009 02:36
How are you testing it when the order history says the x10 version hasn't came yet.

the world is not fair, but people can be.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 02:27
I've found two bugs:
Both are demonstrated in the attached FPM.

1) Metal sounds when walking on water. I believe I know the reason. Presumably, you added MP3 sounds to the materials list file - however, in doing so, you may have left out the water ones! I do have the water smoothing set at around 50, I found if you set it to 0 it becomes the sound of the material you are walking on, but if I set it above then it is always metal.

2) Ragdolls are not affected by character scale. Simply kill the enemy soldiers in the room and you will notice that they seem to expand as they die

On the plus side, the swimming fix works great, the aspect ratio is a huge improvement and the option to disable mouse smoothing is most welcomed

Attachments

Blitzkrieg k
Years of Service
User Offline
hey for the next few updates you should slowly start integrating mor multiplayer options into FPSCX10, that way we won't need all those mods
Blitzkrieg k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 02:55 Edited at: 12th Feb 2009 04:00
hey for the next few updates you should slowly start integrating mor multiplayer options into FPSCX10, that way we won't need all those mods
sorry bot the double post
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 05:38 Edited at: 11th Feb 2009 06:28
While picking up any of the model pack 9 guns I still get the "object illegal at line ...." bug Nice job though Lee...
EDIT: Argh ... still can't get any model pack 9 guns working... And X9 characters are way bigger than the x10 characters. Taller.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 14:34
Blitzkrieg k : Planning no new features to X10 until the migration version

Rampage : Thanks for the FPM. Cannot reproduce metal water so can you send me a screenshot (like the one attached here), and also the materialdefault.txt file you currently have installed in your FPS Creator X10 folder, thanks. I need to see the end of the file list in the audiobank\materials folder. Also, can you zip up any WAV files that occur after 9WadingA1.wav and email them to lee@thegamecreators.com so I can check those, thanks.

All: Is anyone else experiencing a problem with Model Pack 9 such as transparent swords, object illegal bug. The fresh install of X10, the BETA and MP9 work fine here.

Attachments

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 15:44 Edited at: 11th Feb 2009 15:44
I think you may have meant to respond to me, not Rampage

Did you notice the ragdoll scale bug?

Attached here is a screenshot of my material sounds. The extra ones appear to be from Model Pack 3.

EDIT: Forgot the pic

Attachments

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 15:46
And here is my material list text file. I noticed water is nowhere to be found - I guess this is a model pack 3 bug.

It might be a good idea to simply include an updated materialdefault.txt file with the next update that includes both the MP3 sounds and the water sound effects.

Attachments

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 17:27 Edited at: 11th Feb 2009 17:28
The water bug has been solved, you are right the Model Pack 3 is destructive to X10. Solved for BETA6.

Nickydude : The Model Pack 3 and Modern Day assets appeared fine for me (see attached), and the lighting effect is the intended result of placing the light so close to the ceiling. Move it further away and increase the range to have a more balanced lighting, and set it to white if you do not want the blue edging when it hits the edge of its range. Also you can play with the lightmapping values in SETUP.INI to adjust how the light calculates its intensities based on range.

Attachments

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 17:33
lee, i was wondering, i heard x9 scripts will work in x10
buti saw a script to drop guns (because else you have after few levels with guns 9 guns. not very realistic) but it isnt working in x10,

is it possible to drop guns in x10 or not?

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 18:52 Edited at: 11th Feb 2009 19:05
Quote: "Nickydude : The Model Pack 3 and Modern Day assets appeared fine for me (see attached), and the lighting effect is the intended result of placing the light so close to the ceiling. Move it further away and increase the range to have a more balanced lighting, and set it to white if you do not want the blue edging when it hits the edge of its range. Also you can play with the lightmapping values in SETUP.INI to adjust how the light calculates its intensities based on range."

Thanks for the lighting tip.

Is that in game shot yours? If so I don't see the lighting strips that should be attached to the ceiling.

Attachments

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 19:12
yeh i saw that too xD

Blitzkrieg k
Years of Service
User Offline
@ lee I have

While using the subn. from mp9 the game froze on me and gave me that error message.
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2009 04:26 Edited at: 12th Feb 2009 04:27
Hey im still having a problem with the hand guns in model pack 9 it just wont load them. Ive uninstalled fps creator x10 and reinstalled.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 17:07:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 17:07:32