Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / X10 V109 BUG REPORTS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2009 07:20
simple i hadi t too, i made my own _N, you can find tutorials

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2009 14:15
@mgarand
Is that all I have to do. Cause only the pistols and sub-machine gun don't work. But if that all I'll start up shadermap pro and go to work. Thanks for th info.
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2009 16:29
yeh that's all make a new normal map ( i use photoshop) and overwrite the old one in the model pack 10 files or whereever

Avalonze
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't download:
http://www.fpscreator.com/betafiles/FPSCX10_Update_V109_BETA5.zip

The file seems missing from the server.

Anyone?

Aero Files offers you high quality assets in the FPS Creatore store. Go there now.
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 18:46
Finaly the score works!!! Thanks Lee!

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 12:29
I found out that I had the same problem as seth zer0
The XIX works, so does the AKM (I had to make my own normalmaps in order to get it working) but when adding the 1911 it says "cant load 1911_n.dds or something like that. I have even made my own normalmap for it.

Jsut wanted to tell

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 13:24
yeh i did that too, it worked

SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All,
I have done some testing on the model packs with this upgrade and running under dx10.1.

Model pack 17 and 18 work well apart from I cannot get them to be placed on the floor of a basic test level. They seem to float above it and even pressing ENTER to position them properly does not work.
Also when the characters die they seem to have texture problems and the model deforms.

This is the same for all Bond1 models in the GCS.

They all animate well though through movement and attacks.

Hope this helps

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 20:12
For everybody who owns model pack 10, if you have the m67 frag, the texture is strange, to solve it go to Files\gamecore\guns\Model Pack 10\M67FRAG open the gunspec.txt, look to gun visuals and delete textured , (only delete the texture like gun_D2.tga) voilla, the texture is normal

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 10:08 Edited at: 18th Feb 2009 10:09
Lee said The water bug has been solved.

I thought the water sound problem was solved(the metal instead of splashing sound). Then why is it when I have water covering the ground I walk on(ankle to waist deep) I start to hear the sound of foot steps on a metal surface sound. But it only happens if the water smoothness is set above zero(1-100%) And how do i fix it.
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 10:29
seth zer0: he actually says that it has been solved for Beta6 (as I read it) and that beta hasn't been released yet.
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 03:23 Edited at: 19th Feb 2009 03:23
Oh sorry about that then guess I should read better
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 20:52
Hi Guys,

Lots fixed for BETA6, just finishing off the model pack 21 and 22 compatibility and then I will release so you can test over the weekend (if all goes well). There are a few minor asset changes required in the Model Packs and I will upload new versions when I release the beta 6 so watch this space for announcement of both. I am strongly tempted to start the integration of the store right after confirmation that beta 6 is behaving itself but we will wait to see how well it performs as there may be a need for a beta 7 to solve any new issues with the behaviour of the importer.

As a word of note, do not try to buy any assets from the store and manually copy them into the FPS Creator X10 folder. This method is not supported and the results are unpredictable. When we come to adding the store, we can solve the store assets as a seperate issue. Thanks for helping me test and hopefully I can release the next beta soon!

And lo, after much toil, he placed his keyboard on the ground and lo, he saw that it was good. Then his PC crashed, and lo, he saw that is wasn't good enough!
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 21:33
@lee, is there a command available in x10 for swapping guns? in x9 it works, but will it work in x10?

thanks mgarand

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 00:42
Thanks for the updates Lee

This betas have done wonders for FPSC X10
Blitzkrieg k
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee, I know you said that the mp9 and 10 are done but the M107 still doesn't work. It says something about the Wveap or somthing like that.
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 08:36
Does any one else's WW2 officers scream like a monster when there activated. Ive checked and the sound file is set to male but i get a monster sound file.
SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I still get the old issue of all models from Bond1 floating as they move over ground segments.The fanatasy pack (mp21)from JFLETCHER does not float and interacts with floor properly.But the Minotaur model once killed becomes huge, so a size issue here. The zombie has some issue with polygon stretching when it dies.

I also have found that most sounds on the guns when reloading are out of synch to the animations the sounds run/play faster than the animations.

Hope this helps.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 17:04
@seth zer0 - make sure there' appear script is set to appear1 and not darkai_init or whatever, as the darkai appear script plays the monster sound and animation.

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 22:15
Ragdoll scale is still not working right.... the Ragdoll does scale the height correctly now... but not the depth and width... which ends up with a very tall and skinny Ragdoll..
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 23:10
Ahh thank airslide that did it.
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 23:20
"Rate of fire" for characters does not work (tested with beta 5 and 6). Changing the value does not change the fire rate. All my enemy characters just fire like crazy no matter what.

To recreate: just create a room with a player marker and three armed enemies and set one of them to 5, one to 50 and the last to 85 (standard value) in Rate of fire. Test the game and see them shooting at you at similar rates.

I would really like to see this one fixed since I use the Rate of fire value in my Deadly Towers game.
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 06:03 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2009 06:05
Think I found another problem with model pack 9. The M203 SOPMOD-A (M4A1 rifle) Texture when in the hands of a npc. And it maybe on all the weapons just haven't look at any other then this one.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 19:08 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2009 19:09
Hi Guys,

I can reproduce some of the reports, so thanks for the information I needed. Things I need more info on before I can reproduce, as I quickly tried and could not reproduce:

1. Which guns exhibit a sound vs animation loss of sync? Can you do a step by step of making a level and doing something and telling me what you hear/see and what it should sound like, thanks.

2. Ragdoll reducing in height but not depth and width, but which characters are we talking about here? Give me a step by step as usual with what you see, what should happen and a screenshot of the offending character.

3. By default my WW Officer defaults to appear1.fpi, not darkinit.fpi can anyone else confirm this?

4. Send a screenshot of BETA6 exhibiting the issue with the BOND1 vs JFLETCHER models touching the floor. I need a step by step and screenshots backing up this report, thanks.

The good news is that now all 23 Model packs have been processed and ticked off as compatible now in my internal BETA7. Remember you NEED some model pack changes in the assets which I will release shortly. Saving those new installers and a few more tweaks, I think V109 is taking great shape now.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 19:57 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2009 20:21
So the disappearing model pack 3 entities have been addressed?

I've also noticed that when building a game a lot of unnecessary files are moved over. For example I'm creating a sci-fi level and even though I'm not using any of Bond's stuff at all, his audio folder, containing chainsaw, Dante and Dogman wav files are in my scifi executable folder.

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 21:52
yeh and all scripts, and another time lee, can we use the x9 script to swap guns?

Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Bug

Using the new beta, when you go underwater, you swim as fast as you
can run (even if you are just walking).

David H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 05:09
Lee, thanks so much for the widescreen support for X10. What a welcome feature!

Any chance you might also add hardcoded Xbox 360 controller support for X10 before the final candidate for V1.09 is complete? That would really be great.

BTW, X10 is edging ever closer to securing the "Games for Windows" seal of support:

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-GB/AboutGFW/Pages/gamesforwindows.aspx
Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee, I would love an auto save feature that we can enable on/off.

All it does is save to autoSave.fpm every 5/10 minutes (perhaps something we can set)

SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee,
I will email you the screenshots regarding the issues I have raised soon.

The guns that I have tried and have got issues with sounds not in synch with animations are nearly all in model pack 5 & 6 & 9 & 10.
They all seem to animate slower than the sound playing for reloading the guns mainly.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 19:09
Hi Guys,

New BETA7 uploaded. I will be launching the revised model pack installers this week too if all goes well so that should plug most of the issues nicely. Just to re-iterate I am not doing any new features and add-ons to X10 right now, this is model compatibility and small tweaks. Thanks for the info on the ragdoll squash bug, I will check it out for BETA8. To the question 'can we use the x9 script to swap guns?', the answer is no for the moment if you can provide lots of X9 step by steps I can tell you if it is an X10 tweak or something more significant. Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 20:31
thanks lee, well no problem i like to run around with 9 guns

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 20:46
o and, if you make an enemy and try to let him follow waypoints, it wont work... i want an enemy who follow waypoints and shoot if player is close.

Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 21:22 Edited at: 24th Feb 2009 21:23
Lee,
I've noticed a small issue with swimming ever since the beginning (I don't know if anyone else has this problem though but it's easy to recreate)

If you swim in deep water (this is where it's most noticeable) and swim around, if you try to swim directly up, you swim slower than in any other direction. To recreate, make a room and raise the water level until it's a few levels above the player. Then swim directly up, towards the surface, if you suddenly change direction you notice the difference in speed.

A picture says a thousand words.
--H.K.--
http://www.fpscx10-online.com/
the dark ale
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Lee
I found this problem: sometimes when I put a static entity the specular map works, but if I add another static entity, the specular map stops working
some pictures attached
I hope to be helpful

Attachments

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 21:52
yeh have that too, i thought it was normal

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 22:44
Rate of Fire bug seems to be fixed. Thanks Lee!
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2009 04:01 Edited at: 25th Feb 2009 18:51
I just notice when you have a ally and enemy fighting one another there's no blood splat decals when they shoot each other. Is that new or always been like that.(Right after that pic was taken the raknos entity die but no blood anywhere even with even full ambient light.)

Attachments

Butterkiss
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2009 04:30
What about ragdoll just asking. the last time i got this download. the ragdoll was removed

BTS
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2009 07:33
o and my last question, when will the tgc store be added?
I think everybody would like to use it

the dark ale
Years of Service
User Offline
Another problem is that the intensity of the color of blood Splat is regulated by ambient light, so if you put some lights, the blood remains dark (if the ambient light is 0). In my opinion should add the normal and specular map to bulletholes. It would be more realistic.

Attachments

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2009 14:36 Edited at: 25th Feb 2009 16:21
I found a small issue related to the Rate of fire bug.

The editor description says that high numbers equal a slower firing rate. It is actually the other way around in-game since a low number (5 or 10) will slow down enemy firing rate.

edit: I may have found another bug...
I cannot change any image on the menu screen if you press Esc in-game. I have custom images set in setuplevel.fpi through the Build game menu but all I see is the standard FPSC X10 images when testing my game. Can anyone confirm this?
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2009 15:18
yeh i saw that too lol, the enemies where looking too me and did nothing, one shot in a minut lol

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2009 16:38
Did Lee fix the chain saw brute boss so we can cut off his head. Or are we still stuck with the fling head( Its still cool). Just checking cause i thought he said there's a way to turn off ragdolls. And a second Question does any one else have a problem getting model pack 7 to install right. Cause i just bought it and it not loading into my fps creator x10 file or any where for that mater. Just asking oh and is the file size really only 1.58mb.
the dark ale
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Did Lee fix the chain saw brute boss so we can cut off his head. Or are we still stuck with the fling head( Its still cool). Just checking cause i thought he said there's a way to turn off ragdolls"
I turned off ragdolls, but the animation did not work well: it stopped. And the model slipped on the floor.
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2009 20:42
seth zer0: if I am not mistaken all of (or at least most of) MP7 is included by standard in FPSC X10.

The collection of curved and sloped walls are there.
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2009 22:12
Will we be getting working shaders for weapons?

I noticed that the specular for the chug works differently for the pickup (entity). Before you pick it up, you see the screen glow in low light. When you pick up the chug, the screen doesn't glow.

screenie

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth" -- Mike Tyson

http://www.fpscx10-online.com

Attachments

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2009 00:18
hmm wish I knew that before I bought it. Oh well thing happen. So do I get any thing new in it. Might get some uses out of my 10 buck.
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2009 07:45
I am not sure since I don't know exactly what is in MP7.

Is anyone able to recreate my in-game menu screen bug? I can't edit the menu bars.
the dark ale
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Is anyone able to recreate my in-game menu screen bug? I can't edit the menu bars. "

I tried and I found the same problem

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 08:11:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 08:11:26