Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / X10 V109 BUG REPORTS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2009 02:38
Same problem as Mr FPSC after installing update listed on page one, and reinstalling DX10 on a vista system that already had DX10 was useless.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
RedRocker
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Lee!! V109 does look like a big improvement!!

It seems there is still a bug with the antigravity platforms following waypoints though. You can recreate this by adding an antigravity platform to any level, and create a waypoint path (for the platform) that goes over any "non-segmented" area (i.e. the segments are at least one level below the waypoint). The platform will only move an inch or so and stop...

I believe this is caused by the AI that prevents characters from walking off of the edges of cliffs...if so can this be edited to ignore platforms or made configurable?

Thanks,
RR

Core2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, Dual GeForce 8800 GTs, Vista 32bit Home Prem.
RedRocker
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is a simple level example showing the issue. The platform moves fine when a segment is underneath the waypoint, but when I deleted the segment in the middle of the waypoint the platform stops.

Core2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, Dual GeForce 8800 GTs, Vista 32bit Home Prem.

Attachments

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 03:17
You can work around it by placing an invisible segment (just a normal segment with a transparent texture). The platform will still think it's going over a segment.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 05:30
this has been a issues in x9 as well so dont worry about. it has never been fix. in x9 107 is the last version it work on.

more than what meets the eye
RedRocker
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Nickydude! Yeah I had heard of this workaround, but unless I don't understand the invisible segment concept, it seems it would defeat the purpose of making a player try to jump onto a moving platform and ride across an open area to get to the other side As someone is most assuredly going to “stumble” across the fact that they can just walk across the invisible segment without falling in...no?

Thanks,
RR

RedRocker
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Michael...I have seen the issue in x9 as well, but I was hoping it might make the list of bug fixes for V110 in x10.

Lee, any chance this will make the V110 list?

Thanks,
RR

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2009 14:01
Quote: "Same problem as Mr FPSC after installing update listed on page one, and reinstalling DX10 on a vista system that already had DX10 was useless."

Version 1.09 Requires Directx 10.1... That is most likely the reason for your error..
Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 03:58
How do you get DirectX10.1?

Survivor: Survival Horror project

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=147700&b=25
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2009 15:04
Thanks for the bug reports on V109 and please keep them coming, and thanks to those users who are posting solutions to some of the more common problems as they really help out! There is a bit of a delay before I can get stuck into V110, but rest assured I am not going to start the migration until you feel you have a solid X10 product. When the time comes I will start a new thread listing those reports I was able to reproduce so if you are posting a bug, please provide enough information so I can recreate it from a fresh install using the official components only. I cannot deal with bugs that involve custom or third party material at this time.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2009 23:05
Here is a couple I have found Lee..

First

when you set a character to spawn more then one and have it set to spawn the extra character after death of the first one.... When the second one spawns it well spawn where you setup spawn but then it will slide over to the place where where first one died....

to test do the following......

1. Create a new Map.... place 1 enemy character... set it to spawn 1 at time... and a max total 5... and to spawn after death
2. create a player start.... equip the player with a gun...
3 test the level.... allow the enemy character to move away from its original spawn location before killing it...
4 once killed you'll notice when the new enemy spawns it will quickly slide to the location where the other died before drawing gun etc..

Here is another in X10 (1.09) Bug... it is really easy to reproduce...

Make a new level.... Create an enemy and set it to not drop its gun..... copy this enemy 10 - 20 around the map ... make player with a gun and lots of ammo....

When you test the level you'll notice that after killing the enemies and they disappear the guns do not disappear.... after killing a few enemies you'll notice that the other enemies shoot but have no guns....

- Squalker
ianio
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Lee

I have installed 1.09 and I keep getting Runtime error 104 - The file is invalid àt line 24301 when I am attempting to change the background via the load page wizard.

I go to File -> Build Game then Level Settings tab select Edit Loading Screen and set the file in there.

Samething seems to happen if I change the Music as well.

-Ianio
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2009 02:08 Edited at: 31st May 2009 00:31
Hi Lee

I've been doing some testing with FPSC X10 v109 and noticed there is a lightmapping issue when lighting static entities in X10.

I've attached a picture of a scene from X9 using stock media with full lightmapping. All the lighting and shadows are smooth.

Attachments

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2009 02:10 Edited at: 31st May 2009 00:31
Here is exactly the same scene in X10.

You can see the edges of surfaces which are being lit and isn't smooth like in X9.

If you could ensure the lightmapping is looked into for v110 I'd be very grateful. Thanks

Attachments

Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2009 03:46 Edited at: 29th May 2009 03:47
Yes. That is a major issue and one that's been around for a while. The only way to fix it that I've found is if the same entities are set to dynamic. Which is quite annoying because it limits what we do with static entities...

A picture says a thousand words.
--H.K.--
http://www.fpsc-online.com/
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2009 07:00
A few problems:

1) The 'fadecorpse.fpi' and 'leavecorpse.fpi' don't work. The enemy just disappears when it's destroyed. 'darkdestroy.fpi' works, though.

2) Whenever I use the 'cover.fpi' script as the main on my allies, they shoot at me and don't even pay attention to the enemies.

3) You guys know how when you aim at a Friend / Neutral Character your gun points down and you can't shoot? Whenever a Friend / Neutral is behind a wall and I aim at the wall, it points my gun down even when I can't see the Character.

Other than that, it's a great update so far, with new scripts, etc. but still needs a little work.

Nice work and thank you Lee for how much you've done for us X10-ers.

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2009 12:45
@PW Productions Manager:

1) Set the decay time to 0 for bodies to stay in X10, this does not use the same system as X9.

2)Again, this does not use the same system as X9, stick with the easily modifiable DarkAI scripts that are pre-working? You can set the settings to all that easily.

3) I have no knowledge that it points weapons down at all, maybe this is a feature that the mature patch takes away? I have the mature patched installed so I wouldn't know. Download the mature patch from your order history if you haven't already, it will be there.

But these are not bugs.

Eidos!
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2009 14:44 Edited at: 30th May 2009 14:46
You will need the mature pack installed to make enemies stay after you kill them. In the teen version they do just disappear.. And for the weapon thing I guess it is a teen thing haven't had that problem(didn't have the teen version that long as soon as I found out I had to do a re-install after I installed v1.08..)

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2009 19:15 Edited at: 31st May 2009 00:43
Hi Lee

I've done some testing with the ai in v109 and found enemies are not patrolling. I've attached a map file using only stock media with enemies set to patrol that do not move until I walk up to them.

EDIT - I've also just noticed that when setting an enemy 'loaded weapon' to yes they still cycle through a reload animation before shooting.

Also you can see the lightmapping bug for static entities I mentioned above with the 2 circular tables in the first room. In game the suface edges are visible where lit and not smooth.

Please can you fix the ai so enemies and friendlies patrol area at start and make the lightmapping for static entites the same quality as X9 so it looks smooth and not blocky. These are both significant bugs

Thanks Lee

Attachments

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2009 19:17
Here is a stock media map file that demonstrates the lightmapping issue for static entities. Load the map in test game for X9 and X10 with full lightmapping and see the difference in quality when the ambient lighting is lowered.

Attachments

protoborg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2009 19:10
I am running Vista and the program runs fine until I go to test render the map. The program crashes every time. It did the same thing in 1.08, I think. It may be I have corrupted data files. I don't know. I just thought I should point this out as I have recently updated to 1.09 and would like to be able to test my maps again. It has always fascinated me that humans can never make something work the first time around. Imperfection is an odd thing.

You know your code sucks when it does what you want before you know what you want.
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 01:28
I know you have said time and time again that you are not interested in adding new features to X10 that you just want to focus on bugs etc...

But there 2 script commands that I am currently using for my games hud...

- plrhealthgreater
- plrheathless

I use them to create a health bar for my hud as I am not a big fan of using numbers...

Is there any way I could get you to add the same script commands for AIR as well to version 1.10... I am only asking as I feel if I don't ask now then it is not likely they would ever get added once Migration is started or at least not for a long time... and I have a full 40+level game that we have been working on for more then a year now that I would really like to have our hud in when it releases later this fall..

EXAMPLE
- plrairgreater
- plrairless

Squalker
G Myton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 01:22 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2009 01:23
ahh its great to be back on the forums after so long and see the progress being made ^_^.

on topic i've been testing on windows7 X86 and X64.

32-bit is a case of i may work and crash on building and nothing but absolute hell with multiplayer, cannot connect or host games. good frame rates though

64-bit seems to be more stable than 32-bit but still nothing but trouble with multiplayer.

and also having issues with model pack 3, if i place entities i cant see them in game, more than likley i need to move some files around if anyone could help with that i would be gratfull

My System: Phenom Quad 9950 @3.0ghz 8GB DDR2-1066 7800GTX
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 01:11
Here are some errors found with Model pack 10 Lee

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=151876&b=33

Just adding a link here so you didn't miss it..
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 01:57
*cough* Dynamic Lighting *cough*
*cough* LM Add Light Map Object *cough*
Parameters
Nice Lee

Eidos!
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2009 19:04 Edited at: 10th Jun 2009 19:08
EDIT: Further testing proved that it is the "Always Active" state on an item that is not working and not the the timer function like I originally thought... modifying the script below to use a trigger zone made the script function normally..

example
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "following Command is not working....

timergreater=

Tried it with several scripts now... every script stalls when it hits it.. and yes I used the the timerstart before it... tested same scripts in X9 and had no issue with them.."

Try making the pickup always active, that should do it.

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2009 23:22
Quote: "Try making the pickup always active, that should do it."

tried doesn't work in X10....
Nor
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, i am spanish and sorry by my bad english. i have a problem.
I have X10 Fps 1.09 with madure pack install. When i shoot a enemy , blood in the wall, but no in the enemy...you understand me??? sorry again by my english. thank you for all.
lampsrus
Years of Service
User Offline
rough translation of above: He has the beta with the mature pack installed, but when he kills an enemy, he only sees the blood, no ragdoll corpse

Don't ask about my forum name. LONG story.
deltamanx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 02:05
@Nor
Do you have UAC on? I had the same problem, but I fixed it by turning UAC off. (UAC = User Account Control).

Also try downloading the latest drivers for your GPU, doing so seems to fix the most unrelated problems.

ASUS Notebook G50VT Series NViDiA GeForce 9800M GT 512MB Integrated RAMDAC Score? 5.3 (stupid slow hard drive...)
Nor
Years of Service
User Offline
I think I explained poorly. When I shot does not leave the blood of enemies, but if it goes on the walls. Of the enemies out as a gray powder. I have my graphics card with latest driver.I need help please, thank you.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 13:05
Lee

I've also noticed in v109 that when using the shader illuminationent.fx on dynamic entities you cannot pick them up using right mouse button only push them around but the shader effect works.

Also for v110 might it be possible to provide us with a shader effect file for things like bump.fx bumpent.fx and illuminationent.fx so we can edit them and apply them for custom effects like in X9?

I'd like to be able to adjust the ratio of lighting for entities in relation to ambient and light sources etc but not finding it very easy to make custom shaders with wibblyrelief.fx from the custom effect folder.
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 14:52
Lee,

I've installed v1.09 and installed SP1 for Vista, and I keep getting the error attached. I've used this on my dad's PC and it works. My specs are:

abit AN52S motherboard
1GB RAM
ATi Sapphire Radeon 4550 512mb DDR3
AMD Athlon X2 64 4400+ 2.3GHz Dual-Core
160GB HDD
Direct X10
Vista Home Premium
Benchmarks Crysis at 25-50 fps on average (manual benchmark)

My dad's PC:
3.5GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 8400 GS 512MB DDR2 overclocked to 1GB
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz
320GB HDD
Direct X10
Vista Home Premium
Benchmarks Crysis at 16-40 fps on average (manual benchmark)

Any solutions? I have re-installed, re-patched and everything but no luck. I've even tested with a 2x2 room and no light-mapping or entities. I've numbered the errors from 1 to 3 to help understand the problem more

-SSG

XBOX broken
FPSC-Online Forums

Attachments

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 16:04
@SikaSina Games

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

That will fix the error on your computer and add the missing DX DLL files...
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 16:17
Thanks Squalker, I'll have to dl this on my dad's PC since my DNS address on this computer is not working with Microsoft.

-SSG

XBOX broken
FPSC-Online Forums
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2009 16:38 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2009 16:48
Here is another one that has come up Lee.....

Soundloops on Dynamic entities is not working either...

IE Sprite Pack 1...

Here is a link to the thread where it came up..

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=152802&b=33&p=0

@Nor

Quote: "I think I explained poorly. When I shot does not leave the blood of enemies, but if it goes on the walls. Of the enemies out as a gray powder. I have my graphics card with latest driver.I need help please, thank you."

The blood is working fine... there is only a bit of blood sprayed on the walls.. it does not make a pool of blood on the floor or leave a visible blood on the entity that has been killed.

-Squalker

Nor
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your answer.But I have seen videos where the shooting comes to a blood enemy of him, as for the Fps Xp, not sure I understand.
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2009 06:18 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2009 06:23
@Nor Try reinstalling the blood pack or go to the setup.ini in the
C:/Programs/The Game Creator/FPS Creator X10/Files/FPSC X10 Files/ and type ON where the scrpit say bloodmode=.. Hope that helps you.

[VISUALS]
bloodmode=ON
capturecodec=MSVC
capturecompression=1
capturewidth=1280
captureheight=720
capturefps=30
capturethreaded=1
capturewait=1

Nor
Years of Service
User Offline
@SETH ZERO

Hello friend. Reinstall the pack, change the setup file bloodmode off to on, but all the same. There is blood on the walls behind them when shooting enemies but the enemies of gray smoke comes out, no red. thanks for your help. Can anyone help me? excuse my English
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 05:20
@Nor: Your problem is the decal. Go to the FPSC x10 directory, then click on files then open gamecore. Open decals. there should be a blood folder. I can't remember if there is a kidblood or not. If there is, then copy the blood from the blood folder into the kidblood. However, I think there is just a blood folder that has a kid texture and the regular. Change the name of the kid texture to something like Kiddies (you don't have to, just change it). Then change the name of the regular blood to what the kid one was. That should work. You might want to delete .bin and .dbo files before opening FPSC x10.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 20:04
Lee

I've noticed in v109 that when applying any shader to a dynamic entity you cannot pick it up.

You can only pickup dynamic entities using right mouse button when a shader has not been applied.
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 22:40
You can if its the bumpbone.fx shader .. But yes applying any other shader wont let you pick up a dynamic object with right MB or the T key on the keyboard..

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2009 00:29
Ok. The only shader I can use on dynamic entities and still pick them up with right mouse button is bumpent.fx but the shader only works with ambient light.

If you turn ambient lighting down an entity with that shader goes completely black even if it's next to a light source.

Some other shaders light the entity with lights but then you can't pick them up so its buggy either way at the moment.

Also there is no file to amend for bumpent.fx so I can't try to change how the lighting works with it.
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2009 07:14
@Nomad soul The entity that renders black is because you need a dynamic light some were in the scene. Even a small one will work(side note; to get dynamic lighting working with static lighting and not have any lights messing up rename the lights exp: dynamic light call it bump_light and the static one light_up or something).. Try that out but you still can not take/pick up a dynamic entity with any other shader other then bumpbone.fx and bumpent.fx.. So yes it is buggy.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2009 00:51
Thanks Seth Zer0

I've tried using bumpent.fx on a sci-fi crate in a room with static and dynamic lights (with different names) but if I turn the ambient lighting down you can see from the attached pic they don't pick up much of the lights in the scene.

Attachments

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2009 00:52
Now in this pic I've used the bumpbone.fx shader on the crates with the same lighting and you can see they are picking up the static and dynamic lights which is what I want but now I can't pick them up.

Attachments

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2009 06:45 Edited at: 7th Jul 2009 06:53
Ahhh... That's not why its black. Lol I thought you wrote a tutorial on specular and normal mapping... J/P try redoing the specular map on it.. I redone the Specular map on it and for fun redone the normal map to. And yes that is with the bumpent.fx applied so you can pick the object up..

P.S. By the way I thought you could pick up a entity with the bumpbone.fx applied to it sorry for wrongfully answering on that part....

Attachments

Blade3327
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2009 23:23 Edited at: 15th Jul 2009 07:40
Guys? I'm having a serious problem with V1.09 that I didn't have with V1.01, believe it or not. When I had V1.01, the test game feature worked perfectly.
Now that I have V1.09, whenever I start to test the game, I get a message saying that it could not find d3dx10_40.dll and DBProsetup.dll.
I tried downloading d3dx10_40.dll, but I then got a message saying there might be a problem with the .dll file. Then, I get a new message asking for DBProtext.dll! What's going on?

I tried to reinstall FPSC X10, which worked fine. I updated it to V1.01 again, and it still worked fine. Just to see if V1.09 was the problem, I updated again, which then gave me the same error messages.
Clearly, there's something weird going on with V1.09...
I haven't seen anyone else having these problems, and I'd love to get my hands on some model packs (and people recommend using V1.09 for those). Can anyone help?

Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit), NVidia 8800GT graphics card, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00 GHz, 2 GBs of RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 19:14:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 19:14:17