Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / X10 V109 BUG REPORTS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks like its time to send support a message :p

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=contact_support

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2009 05:33
Quote: "Added old PEOPLE FPI scipts back "

I'm sorry, but what do you mean by 'old' people fpi scripts? Just curious. Also, does it still do that gun lag thing when you aim up/down (not like a bug) because it was real annoying in V1.08.

Blitzkrieg k
Years of Service
User Offline
Um... when is the full v109 coming?
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2009 04:16
Yeah, when does the full version come out? Seems pretty neat.

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2009 16:35
When it has less reported bugs than right now. The Rate of Fire setting is one of the things broken (again) and there are a few other things.
ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Apr 2009 16:28 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2009 16:29
What will happen after beta 8 ??
any news??
R
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2009 19:21 Edited at: 28th Apr 2009 19:41
Hi Guys,

DeV1L$n0w : Have you tried the latest BETA8 install, then remove all BIN and DBO files from the BINFILES folder? Did you get the NEW latest installers from Order History?

Blitzkrieg k : Did you get the NEW latest installers from Order History?

FastBurst 2 & game freak16 : Send me a simple FPM showing the problem of many smoke emitters only emitting none or one smoke instance to lee@thegamecreators.com

charfei70 & Squalker : Send me the FPM of the level that refused to load the VWEAP as shown in your error report to lee@thegamecreators.com. I am assuming you have installed X10 freshly, then applied the BETA8, and made sure the BIN and DBO files are deleted, and that the model packs you refer to are the very latest ones that came direct from the Order History and marked as the BETA model packs.

Squelchy Tom : Can you verify the series of steps from obtaining Model Pack 5 through to the crash with a screenshot, thanks.

Demon Air 3D : In relation to the SETUP DLL error, have you installed the latest DirectX on your system or did you install/run the software with UAC switched ON. You need to be in full administrator mode with UAC switched off to install and run X10, and make sure you have the latest DirectX 10 and drivers for your DX10 card.

PW Productions Manager : By OLD SCRIPTS, it means the original scripts from X9 that some of the older model packs rely on in order to reproduce the same behaviour in X10 that they exhibited in X9.

When reporting a bug, in order for me to fix it I need very specific information, and ideally screenshots, an FPM and a very detailed step by step. What consumes most of my time when debugging is creating a level which I 'think' is what you mean, only to find it works fine and I have to say the bug is not reproducable, which might be wrong as you may have your own very specific way of finding it. For example, saying that adding MP10 weapons to a scifi character crashes might sound like a good enough report, but it's a clue at best. A specific report would be along the lines of "I added the M9 handgun from Model Pack 10 BETA downloaded on 10/04/08 to the AI (Assault) character from the SCIFI category using a fresh install of FPS Creator X10 with the BETA8 update installed and when I clicked the TEST GAME button is crashed and here is the FPM I produced and the screenshot at the moment it crashed". This way I can follow the exact same path and hopefully lead to a bug I can fix.

From the thread since my last posting, I can confirm/reject the following:

* Jump when in water causes movement bug
LEE: Jump bug found, will fix for BETA9

* The Rate of Fire setting for characters is broken again. Sort out timing rate!
LEE: Rate Of Fire bug found, will fix for BETA9

* Adding scifi characters will cause VWEAP to fail to load (BETA7 and BETA8)?
LEE: Not able to reproduce this with BETA8 and many model packs, need more!

* MP1-18 okay. Now I installed Packs 19-23 and now the bumpbone.fx or something is not working. All the X10 characters are missing the bumps or details. Example they look like regular X9 characters. No shaders or anything that makes them stand out.
LEE: Not able to reproduce this with BETA8 and Model Pack 19, I used Colonel X (unarmed) to check normals. I need more!
LEE: To see the normals at play, add normalColor.xyz = spec.xyz; to skinning.fx (see attached)

* If you try and put mp 9&10 pistols on enemy entities it will crash on testgame?
LEE: Not able to reproduce this with BETA8 using M9 and AI (Assault), need more!

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2009 20:53
lee, i got a problem, with model pack 22, the brute with chainsaw, if you kill him, you can cut his head of with his chainsaw, but when he does he just fall, and his head fall of his bodyu

midgetz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2009 01:07
For a strange reason, model pack 10 weapons don't render correctly. I will try the update to see if it will work.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2009 17:34
mgarand : What did you expect to happen?

midgetz : Please see guidelines on how best to report a bug so I can reproduce it quickly and get it fixed, thanks.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2009 19:30
Find BETA9 uploaded for your digestion. If you have feedback on the above responses, please get them to be soon as I will be closing down V109 beta to move to V110 and the integration of the Game Creator Store. Tweaks will continue of course but complete and detailed bug reports will help me all the better. Remember if you are joining the beta testing sessions to backup your work and if possible use a separate folder for your BETA versions (making sure it is a clean install of X10 with the latest BETA applied), no third party media or anything that I don't have installed on my machine or finding the bug becomes almost impossible. Thanks. If there are no surprises, we can launch V109 by the end of the week and start a new V110 store integration beta next week.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2009 23:07
Quote: "mgarand: lee, i got a problem, with model pack 22, the brute with chainsaw, if you kill him, you can cut his head of with his chainsaw, but when he does he just fall, and his head fall of his bodyu"

Quote: "Lee: What did you expect to happen?"

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2009 23:30
lol i ment he just die, you cant kill him with that chainsaw.

midgetz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 00:58 Edited at: 2nd May 2009 22:35
So I got the update. It fixed some of the weapons, but some others will not load correctly. The automatic pistol will not load and the AK-74 will not load. So I saved, closed it out and restarted FPSC X10. Now the window turns a pale white and there is an error message under the getting started window.

I don't know what I did to cause this problem. So I can't reproduce it. Sorry if the spelling in the picture is deceiving. If picture dose not appear, click this link:http://i60.servimg.com/u/f60/13/80/40/58/error10.jpg
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 16:56
when v109 is finish where will the final 109 version be for download? i mean when you are done with 109.

more than what meets the eye
DeV1L$n0w
Years of Service
User Offline
hi lee

i just reinstalled x10 completly with latest updates and i only installed model pack 3 cause i only have problems with that pack and its seems a little better but the bathroom segment still shows wrong walls especially the corners they make this pole thing stick out but its definatly better then before and i really have this problem only with these walls

"Quitters never win,winners never quit"

"It`s not a bug, it`s a feature " lol

Attachments

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2009 23:59
is working great on problems here. pack 9 & 10 weapon work. close it down pack it up. x10 works like a pro.

Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee,
How many model variations are allowed in SEGMENTS? I have successfully gotten model variations in segments to work, however it only works with the first 3 variations; the rest don't show up. Is this a bug, or is X10 hardwired to do this? Thanks

A picture says a thousand words.
--H.K.--
http://www.fpscx10-online.com/
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2009 14:29
midgetz : If you find out how to reproduce, email me the steps and I will take a look in a future update.

DeV1L$n0w : Email me a shot of the walls you see and confirm that you have downloaded the new model pack 3 from order history as some files have been fixed in the latest installer. Also send me the FPM that you used to create the shot showing the bug, thanks.

michael x : Very soon

Jingle Fett : The three variations are hard wired for X10. It is a feature most user do not even see so was not the focus of much attention or requests. For segment construction stick to the default system as much as possible as other combinations have not been tested and are not officially supported. Create new segments at your own risk!

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2009 14:39
The V109 version is now official and available from the built-in updater. Anything that escaped the net will be looked at for V110, when we shall also look closer at integrating the store. The names of the new model pack installers are also being modified in the Order History to reflect their final states.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2009 18:53
Thats good news Lee thanks for working so long and hard on this.

charfei70
Years of Service
User Offline
When I use the auto updater, it says my version is up to date, even though i'm using one of the betas.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 02:08
I imagine if you were using the v109 beta then it won't update as thats been made the offical version until v110 comes along.

Thanks for all the updates getting us this far prior to the migration Lee. FPSC X10 does feel like a far more complete product now and therefore a lot more enjoyable to use.

Look forward to seeing what lies ahead.
charfei70
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I can't imagine how much work it is to make the update. Thanks a lot Lee!

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 13:11 Edited at: 7th May 2009 15:42
lee got a new error, with model pack 3, if i a shelf.

only see the shadows..

Attachments

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 15:42
Just completely reinstalled X10, added the newest update and the light shading is all wrong. I'm using Bunker Fighting Area Bottom, Top and Ceiling. Attached is a screenshot of a a simple corridor with 2 light fixtures that aren't even showing (from model pack 3, the X10 version). In the next couple of posts I'll show what it looks like in game and attach the fpm.

Attachments

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 15:43 Edited at: 7th May 2009 15:43
Here's an in game shot...

Attachments

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 15:44
...and here's the fpm.

Attachments

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 15:58
i got many problems too with model pack 3. many models doest show up.
and sometimes the window refraction is strange

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 16:04
and here is an error with the double door...

Attachments

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 17:17 Edited at: 7th May 2009 17:18
mgarand

that error is not FPSC it is in the new model pack installers X10 finds TGA files according to the fpe file and then links it to a dds file instead correct?? (may be other way around), but the installer makes a fpe file that links to dds not TGA that is why textures do not show up you need to manually convert all the fpe files and/or texture extensions to correct formats for the objects to show up.

Hope that helps if not i will help you out on msn

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 17:51
wich error do you mean? the door one?

o and i understand now, but i payed for this pack, it would be nice if the maker did this.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 20:30
Yeh i agree most of the packs do this in particular the older ones

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 22:18 Edited at: 7th May 2009 22:18
I have a problem with the newest update too. The room is from mp5, the door is from mp3. I even changed the fpe file to look for .dds instead of .tga and there was no difference. Puzzled!

[href][/href]

Attachments

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 22:23
thats not the same bug as mgarand had i have no answer for that one

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 22:24
Heres my .fpm

[href][/href]

Attachments

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 22:55 Edited at: 7th May 2009 22:55
Nickydude. heres what I get with your .fpm

[href][/href]

Attachments

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 23:29
@ mk83

you need to download the x10 version of model pack 3, then you dont get that problem

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2009 03:31
Quote: "Nickydude. heres what I get with your .fpm"

Then that's odd. Are you setting everything to high performance in the Preferences?

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2009 05:14 Edited at: 8th May 2009 05:15
Nickydude, no just default.
mgarand, thanks, that worked.

[href][/href]
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2009 05:20
high settings.

[href][/href]

Attachments

Mr FPSC
Years of Service
User Offline
Help help help!!!! I downloaded 1.09 udate and when I try to start up a game i get 2 error messages. It says i need d3dx10_40.dll and dbprosetup10.dll Where can I get! Do I need yo install DX10.1????
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2009 08:31
Quote: "mgarand, thanks, that worked."

no problem!
btw. i got problems too with lights (sources of mp3) who dont show up!

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2009 15:55
109 is working perfect for me. thank you lee your the best.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2009 16:18
Mr FPSC

That means that Direct X10 isnt on your system reinstall DirectX10 and try again

DeltaCommando5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2009 11:00 Edited at: 12th May 2009 09:15
I'm really looking forward to a gameplay mechanics update, hopefully with a "feel" similar to CoD4, you know? That would seriously bring this game maker up to date by means of standards.

Gateway P-7811 - VistaHP64 - Centrino2 Dual 2.26Ghz - Geforce 9800M 512Mb - 4Gb DDR3 - 320Gb HD
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 02:39 Edited at: 12th May 2009 02:42
Hi Lee

Just tried loading the FPSC X9 demo maps terrorstrike and ww2 into FPSC X10 with v109. Both maps loaded in the editor correctly and terrorstrike built and worked but ww2 crashes when optimising and saving universe.

Also I've noticed that when using high quality lighting in FPSC with increased lightmaptexsize and lightmapquality, X9 shadows looked better than X10 with static geometry.

If I have dynamic entities in a map and turn the ambience down to 0, they become completely black even if there is a light source next to them. I have to increase the ambient lighting to see them. Is it possible to make dynamic entities lit by lights rather than ambient lighting?

Finally when using segment variations I used an example with 3 terrain variations provided by another X10 user but when rendered in game has a graphics glitch (see attached).

Just thought I'd mention whilst we still have v110 in the pipeline before the migration. Thanks

Attachments

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 14:11
Lee, is there any chance of you adding Airmod values to the gunspecs such as firerate and the shotgun fix?

"You are not smart! You are very un-smart!"
Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 21:28
And Iornsights and gun recoil. If we had the X10 source code, we wouldn't have to bother you about this. Anyways, thanks for the update. Fixed quite a few little bugs.

Survivor: Survival Horror project

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=147700&b=25
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2009 21:16
is there any chance of solving the model pack 3 bugs lee ?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 16:18:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 16:18:08