Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / X10 V109 BUG REPORTS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2009 06:07 Edited at: 15th Jul 2009 23:22
Very sorry about double-posting, but I fixed the d3dx10_40.dll problem.
The DirectX web setup didn't let me install w/ out an internal system error message, but it's okay; I used the DirectX redistributable setup and the .dll is in there (everything went smoothly, yay!).
Unfortunately, I get this error message (attached), regarding DBProsetup10.dll. I tried Google-searching, but unlike with my previous issue, I couldn't find any matches whatsoever. I also Googled the .dll, but got nothing.
This is my last remaining error message; any suggestions?
Thanks.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 19:54 Edited at: 19th Jul 2009 19:55
@seth zer0

Its not a problem with the specular map.

I've tried changing the intensity and alpha channel opacity but if you apply bumpent.fx and turn ambient lighting all the way down the entity goes completely black when next to a static or dynamic light.

There are 2 shaders which produce the correct effect (bumpbone.fx, illuminationent.fx) but using either prevents the player from picking up the entity with right mouse button.

You can use an entity with just a diffuse texture and no shader effect applied which allows it to be lit correctly but again cannot be picked up.

I've tested extensively and you cannot apply a shader effect to an entity with normal and specular maps and have it lit by lights when there is no ambient lighting in the scene without the bug occuring where the player cannot pick the entity up.
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2009 12:03 Edited at: 21st Jul 2009 09:28
I do believe it is your specular map. Cause here is the same entity your using with no ambiance lighting on it and its lit just fine.. Try making your specular map brighter and the alpha layer as well that's what I did. And that is the bumpent.fx effect and I did pick the crate up as shown in the pic.

Oh I just found out something and this proves its a bug.. Go into your .fpe and change the shader type there it will allow any shader to work on it and allow you to pick up your entity. Weird but just found that out when trying weapon.fx on the object after changing the type of shader in the .fpe...

Attachments

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2009 18:39 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2009 05:29
Thanks Seth Zer0

EDIT - I've figured out what was wrong with my specular map now and the sci-fi crate fits much better with my lighting.

The next problem. I made a custom shader by editing wibblyrelief.fx and got some nice effects that I want to use for certain entities.

The shader works when I apply it to and entity but results in the can't be picked up bug. I saw your note about changing the shader in the .fpe but it defaults to a stock shader in test level until I load it in the map editor entity properties.

As far as I can tell you can't apply a custom shader to a dynamic entity and be able to pick it up at the moment.
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 12:15
Is the custom shader in the common folder or another. Cause it might be like the relief shader and only work in its specific folder. So see if it works in the common folder(if you don't already have it in there..)

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 16:53
Hi Seth Zer0

I put my custom shader in the common folder and then put 'effectbank\common\cratec.fx' in the entity .fpe effect field.

I deleted the .bin and .dbo files, started a new map and placed the entity in the level. I checked the entity properties and my shader is in the effect field but when I load a test level it defaults to a stock shader (bumpent.fx I think).

The only way I can get my custom shader applied is to re apply it in the map editor entity properties then it appears correctly in game but cannot pick the entity up.

I also tried editing the weapon.fx shader and applying that to the entity without changing the shader name but again it does not get applied in test game unless I manually apply it in the entity properties which causes the bug where it can't be picked up.

The only shader I can use on dynamic entities which allows me to pick them up is bumpent.fx but there is no source file to edit for customisation. I really need this bug to be fixed.
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 06:44 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2009 06:46
Sorry I just retested the idea and found out that I was wrong. It does go back to a default shader so this is a bug that has no way around it yet, Sorry for getting your hopes up. The entity I was using looked the same in parallax or normal mapping I tested it again with the crate_c from the pic and it does not change the shader sorry once again for the miss leading post.. Guess its up to TGC now..

wolfe man
Years of Service
User Offline
im having trouble with my program, i have vist and directx10, but when i try to test the game my computer just crashes

can someone help?
ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 28th Jul 2009 21:36 Edited at: 19th Aug 2009 18:44
So the weekly update info about how things going with the fpsc x-10
are back at step one! cause its a long time since the last story was told about it!Am i wrong???

R
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2009 22:10 Edited at: 5th Aug 2009 06:47
@wolfe man go download the latest Direct X10(From microsoft's web site.) and your problem should be solved as long as you have all the right spec in your comp.

wolfe man
Years of Service
User Offline
i allready have the newest version of directx 10 and FPSC x10 but i still have the problem
Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Lee,
I don't know if this is a bug or if this was deliberate, but apparently the two existing soft particles are hard-coded into the engine or something like that because we can't modify them or create/import our own
This is something I'd very much like to see fixed for the next update because it's one of the features of X10 we should be able to be using..

A picture says a thousand words.
--H.K.--
http://www.fpsc-online.com/
Computer Wiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2009 06:30
I have seen two bugs so far with fps creator x10:

the corner of a building when under water will become invisible and the player will be able to see inside.

In multiplayer, the characters hold and shoot the gun backwards.
the front of the gun is at the back of the character, yet that was not shown in the demo videos.

i hope you guys will fix these problems soon.

computer wiz oo7
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2009 00:57
Hi Lee,

I was working with importing a custom entity, and it works fine in static. However, when I make it dynamic with effects on it becomes invisible in the test game. This has happened before, with model packs and stock entities. If it's already marked static and I make it dynamic, it becomes invisible. When I took the effect off of it (see attached picture. On the left is it as static, on right dynamic with no shaders)

I thought this was worth mentioning, if not for the odd-color, then for the invisibility. I hope you get this cleared up.

Attachments

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 12:15 Edited at: 8th Aug 2009 12:17
edit: post removed by author - answered something twice

mods may delete this...

Running my latest game superbly on FPSC and Project Blue Mod.
Blind Digger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 13:08 Edited at: 8th Aug 2009 15:29
[mod edit]5 days post approval[/mod edit]
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 15:08 Edited at: 9th Aug 2009 23:15
@Jingle Fett

It would be nice to see soft particles unlocked for customisation. I'd like to get some soft fire particles in for sure.

@Lee

I just noticed that when building a game with FPSC X10 not all of the game assets are copied into the executable folder and have to be added manually after such as the 'new game' icon.
ChaseMe1995
Years of Service
User Offline
I tryed updating my version to 1.09 and all it does is pop up as error, and when I dont try to update it i cant save or test my work what do I do!
JZ28
Years of Service
User Offline
i have found two evident errors with FPSCX10.
- custom sky boxes do not work at all when changing them with the slider. instead you will only see the color pink.
- dynamic entities with transparent texturing do not render other dynamic items behind them.

sorry if these have already been reported but they are issues that i would like to see resolved.

thanks
JZ

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2009 01:34
Quote: "I tryed updating my version to 1.09 and all it does is pop up as error, and when I dont try to update it i cant save or test my work what do I do!"

Make sure you've updated to direct x 10.1 first.

DiViNiTY
Years of Service
User Offline
We need a patch V1.10 !

There are some ugly Bugs in Fps Creator X10.

- the weapon is not in my hands after loading
- enemies are facing the wrong direction or do their start animation after loading
- player is looking in a wrong pitch after loading
- physics go crazy when i repeating call the menu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmXeiR3rxAA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z9h0-wDdNw

There should be some features which every game engine shall have. (like in Fps X9)

- customizable mouse sensitivity
- customizable resolution

best regards
DiViNiTY
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 00:15 Edited at: 11th Sep 2009 00:16
@DiViNiTY

V110 will be starting beta testing soon according to this months newsletter. However it is mainly aimed at introducing the store and testing to ensure assets can be imported correctly.

I hope Lee will be able to pick up some confirmed v109 bugs from this thread along the way once the v116 X9 update is done.
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 04:04
Quote: "- the weapon is not in my hands after loading"

are these custom weapons or not? If they are, then that might be your problem. the textures might need some changes to work properly.

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2009 02:24
Sorry for the double-post, but I have found that semi-transparent textures don't work with static entities. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but it would be nice if it were fixed.

Blind Digger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2009 10:46
Now X9 1.16 is done are we going to get an update????????

I expect i'ts going to be migration not update.

Update would be better first.

Hopping Digger
Ibby
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Lee PLEASE help me with this i know you've answered this before but i can get the auto updater to work i've done what you told me to do like deleting the documents etc.. Then you said use the manual updater on the order hisory WHERE IS IT I CANT FIND IT!
srry im just frustrated becasue i cant find it at all. And by the way i currently have version 1.00
Thanks
Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 03:12 Edited at: 7th Dec 2009 03:13
Quote: "Hey Lee PLEASE help me with this i know you've answered this before but i can get the auto updater to work i've done what you told me to do like deleting the documents etc.. Then you said use the manual updater on the order hisory WHERE IS IT I CANT FIND IT"

Go to your profile, then click on Order History and you will see FPS Creator X10. You should see an item for Auto Update (Currently says "Download FPSC X10 Auto Update Patch (V108)"). This should of been updated to the newest one, (not sure whos fault there).

But thats where it is.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 20:47:16
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 20:47:16