Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Fenix Mod Offical Thread

Author
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "the weapons it affects for me are the p90, 63, the shotgun )forgot name, starts with p), and i think the m700 synthetic"

Could either you or General Jackson please post the gunspec of one of the guns that aren't working.

Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 02:54
here ya go:

Pie? Pie is good. i like pie. i love pie actually. I WANT PIE. wait no i dont. what? IM CONFUSED!
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 03:11
Try taking airmod gunspec features out one at a time, if the prob stops happening, let us know when it was. Also, I doubt this'll be the prob, but try removing the Dual weilding anims.

Backup first by the way.

I'm the exception to every rule, that rule withstanding
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Bug confirmed and in progress of fixing. Thanks for the report.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 02:43
What was the bug, for interests sake?

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Bunny is now in my sig. Why? because bunnys da best and ya cant argue with that!
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "What was the bug, for interests sake?"

You mean why's it happening?

Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 08:54
id also like areana fixed, im working on an arena game at the moment, if you can find whats wrong

Pie? Pie is good. i like pie. i love pie actually. I WANT PIE. wait no i dont. what? IM CONFUSED!
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 05:11
Do you think you could add a setplrspeed command?

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Bunny is now in my sig. Why? because bunnys da best and ya cant argue with that!
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Do you think you could add a setplrspeed command?
"

already did check the first post for all the commands.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 10th Sep 2009 00:32
You did SWEET! I didnt notice it.
I had another idea, could you add a command like 'disableplrfootfalls=x' to make it where the plrs footstep noises cannot be heard?

(\__/)
(O.o )
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You did SWEET! I didnt notice it.
I had another idea, could you add a command like 'disableplrfootfalls=x' to make it where the plrs footstep noises cannot be heard?
"

At the moment my plans are to fix the bugs then finish Dark AI then work on more commands, a timer (if i ever get the money in donations) and speed ups.

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2009 22:43
Hey just dropping by again while I have the time.

Wanted to say it seems as if your making progress and I like what I'm seeing. Sry I cant be of a bigger help but I'm sure that Dark AI will work out just the way you want it to soon.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 02:38 Edited at: 11th Sep 2009 02:45
Thanks for all the support guys.

Update

Fixed bug causing weapons to play random animations when gun was out of ammo.

Thanks for the bug report Dolphin, i'm working on fixing the multi player bug right now. Then its onto finishing Dark AI.

Gremlin986
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2009 15:43
i was bored and i made a video if you guys interest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti_HDQ5Hebc

for the who never saw this mod.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2009 18:26 Edited at: 12th Sep 2009 19:55
Alright guys once I fix the multi player bug ill upload a new beta and work more on the Dark AI.

But just so you know i will make updates to the current source while working on Dark AI because Dark AI will take a little while longer.

Splash down
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 06:57
bug reports: EAI melee weapons fists, combat knife, shield, sword all freeze animations while playing aalternate attack animations.
also, weapons move ut of spawn place, often going through walls.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "bug reports: EAI melee weapons fists, combat knife, shield, sword all freeze animations while playing aalternate attack animations.
also, weapons move ut of spawn place, often going through walls."

Thanks for the reports, but both bugs were already reported and fixed. Just need to upload an update when I fix the multi player bug.

Splash down
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 07:39
oh, ok. (yay)

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 12:53
My characters started turning invicible after downloading!

PS: -.- ,,|,
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 14:16
And get 2 fps per second, for some reason now. I get the runtime error and my enemies are still invicible. And this lag started right after I picked up a weapon. First 5 seconds lag, then nothing. 0 frames per second. Does Fenix Mod have something against the pirate pack guns from Cosmic Prophet. This mod worked great some time ago.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "And get 2 fps per second, for some reason now. I get the runtime error and my enemies are still invicible. And this lag started right after I picked up a weapon. First 5 seconds lag, then nothing. 0 frames per second. Does Fenix Mod have something against the pirate pack guns from Cosmic Prophet. This mod worked great some time ago."

What version of fpsc are you using, and what does the error say?

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 18:51
I'm using 1.15 and it's the debug error. Some text 0.0. Many people get that.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'm using 1.15 and it's the debug error. Some text 0.0. Many people get that."

Hm is this a map that you had previously to using Fenix Mod or is it on a new map?

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 21:56
It is new. It worked once, but when I put weapons in it didn't work. And the enemies are invicible. That happened to me with stock engine on my old computer, but it never happened on this comp. It started happening in this map.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It is new. It worked once, but when I put weapons in it didn't work. And the enemies are invicible. That happened to me with stock engine on my old computer, but it never happened on this comp. It started happening in this map."

Can you do me a favor and try a fresh map and see if that works.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 22:01
Ok. I will try that in the morning. Good night. To me and other people who has night in there!

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2009 18:10
I made a new map and it worked. I will try that one again. Maby my comp is [CENCOR]ing with me. AGAIN....

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2009 19:00
Everything else works fine now, except my enemies are invicible (maby I should name my game Harcore Sniping) so only flying guns anf my guns don't have hands. Yes. No hands!

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
i am using fenix mod for a while now and i must say that it is very fast i mean i had 25 enemys in a level without triggering them they were always there and the frame rate was 30...yep 30.....i must say this is very good man......

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "i am using fenix mod for a while now and i must say that it is very fast i mean i had 25 enemys in a level without triggering them they were always there and the frame rate was 30...yep 30.....i must say this is very good man......"

Why thank you, and don't worry ill get to work on the third person when this stage comes about:

Quote: "Alright guys once I fix the multi player bug ill upload a new beta and work more on the Dark AI.

But just so you know i will make updates to the current source while working on Dark AI because Dark AI will take a little while longer."

Quote: "Everything else works fine now, except my enemies are invicible (maby I should name my game Harcore Sniping) so only flying guns anf my guns don't have hands. Yes. No hands!"

Can you confirm this by giving an enemy 1 health and try killing him? Make sure the gun your using has a set damage. Flying guns have been fixed and your guns not having hands is a mystery to me. Make sure that the gum model your using is using the model with hands and not the entity model. This does not seem to be a bug with Fenix Mod

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2009 23:15
Hockeykid, just to let you know, I will be using Fenix Mod for the remake of Emergence. I like the features that it has, and the speed that it runs at. Great job!

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hockeykid, just to let you know, I will be using Fenix Mod for the remake of Emergence. I like the features that it has, and the speed that it runs at. Great job!"

Thank you very much.

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2009 05:10
Hey hockeykid, first off I apologize if this comes across as a silly, possibly already answered question however I couldn't seem to find an answer in the thread; I downloaded and tried out Fenix Mod, and it runs great and has a lot of nice features, besides one thing that I noticed. It makes the game run faster, not in a sense of framerate, but the game itself. The player runs faster, all the walking sounds are sped up, gun animations are sped up, even enemy walking/attacking animations are sped up. Just curious what that might be? Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Ich will in Beifall untergehen.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hey hockeykid, first off I apologize if this comes across as a silly, possibly already answered question however I couldn't seem to find an answer in the thread; I downloaded and tried out Fenix Mod, and it runs great and has a lot of nice features, besides one thing that I noticed. It makes the game run faster, not in a sense of framerate, but the game itself. The player runs faster, all the walking sounds are sped up, gun animations are sped up, even enemy walking/attacking animations are sped up. Just curious what that might be? Thanks for your help."

hmm it shouldn't be doing this, check to make sure that your frames don't go above 40.

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2009 06:15
Oh, yes I'm getting frames in the high 50 to low 60 range; is that what you would most likely say is doing it?

If so, and if there is a way of correcting this issue, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks man, cheers.

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2009 06:37 Edited at: 15th Sep 2009 06:41
Quote: "Oh, yes I'm getting frames in the high 50 to low 60 range; is that what you would most likely say is doing it?

If so, and if there is a way of correcting this issue, how would I go about doing that?"

Since Fenix mod does not yet have a timer system, if you uncap your frames, the more fps you're getting is the faster all of the animations, player speed, and etc. will play.

The timer system is what would make the animations play smoothly regardless of the frames you're getting, but Hockeykid hasn't collected enough money yet from donations to purchase a timer system for Fenix mod *hint hint* Anyway, as long as you leave your frames capped, it should be fine for now.

EDIT: I know less about programming than I do about pop music (which is nothing); so there's a pretty good chance Plystire will be here soon to tell you what the real problem is

Kravenwolf

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2009 08:29 Edited at: 15th Sep 2009 08:29
Hey thanks Kraven, glad to know it isn't some random fluke or problem with my computer! Now, not too sound horribly newbish, how does one keep ones frames capped? I'd really appreciate help with that, unless it's not available yet; in which case I shall learn patience, and donate!

Cheers

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hey thanks Kraven, glad to know it isn't some random fluke or problem with my computer! Now, not too sound horribly newbish, how does one keep ones frames capped? I'd really appreciate help with that, unless it's not available yet; in which case I shall learn patience, and donate! "

Just make sure you don't press "X" in test game.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2009 15:45
Ok. I will do what you said!

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2009 02:05
Not pressing X, but it's still just the same as usual unfortunately.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Not pressing X, but it's still just the same as usual unfortunately."

Hmm this is very strange, no one else has reported this. Can you please try building a single player game and seeing if its "sped up".

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2009 02:14 Edited at: 16th Sep 2009 03:20
Will do, I'll edit this post upon completion and test.

Edit

Yes, I made a little level, made the executable and tried it out; the same issue is still present even in the compiled game unfortunately.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
UPDATE
Multi player now works 100% new exe coming some time tonight.

Quote: "Yes, I made a little level, made the executable and tried it out; the same issue is still present even in the compiled game unfortunately."

When i upload the new beta try that out.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2009 03:58 Edited at: 17th Sep 2009 05:11
nvm figured out

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2009 05:24 Edited at: 17th Sep 2009 05:25
Downloads

Newest Beta V1.5 !! (released 9/16/09)

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8f7763be74891275e7ba8e3c6e11ce20e04e75f6e8ebb871

Ill upload it to the site tomorrow too.

EDIT: Woops sorry for triple post, I though someone had posted.

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2009 05:44 Edited at: 17th Sep 2009 06:02
Quote: "Woops sorry for triple post, I though someone had posted"

No worries, thanks for the new beta release, I'm trying it out right now; well it's downloading right now

And if I can help in any way, I'd be happy to. My emails included, drop me a line if you need something -

Cheers

EDIT

Well from a quick first glance and test-run, everything appears to be working good. Aside from...I still personally have my little issue, it's unfortunately not changed a bit :/

Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2009 09:01
i have a new glitch, sort of hard to explain though

basically, rounds are fired to rapidly on eai's guns while in ironsight view

example:

i get the shotgun from gcs store by eai (870p1), non ironsights, i fire a shot, shotgun gets cocked, then i can fire another shot

but while in ironsight view, you can fire shots rapidly, without having to cock the shotgun

so basically, it goes BOOM BOOM BOOM BOM *click* *click* *click* *click*

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2009 14:22 Edited at: 17th Sep 2009 23:22
Quote: " have a new glitch, sort of hard to explain though

basically, rounds are fired to rapidly on eai's guns while in ironsight view

example:

i get the shotgun from gcs store by eai (870p1), non ironsights, i fire a shot, shotgun gets cocked, then i can fire another shot

but while in ironsight view, you can fire shots rapidly, without having to cock the shotgun

so basically, it goes BOOM BOOM BOOM BOM *click* *click* *click* *click*"

ok I get what you mean, Ill see what I can do, maybe errant can give me that gun for testing.

Quote: "Well from a quick first glance and test-run, everything appears to be working good. Aside from...I still personally have my little issue, it's unfortunately not changed a bit :/"

Your problem should be fixed when i get the timer system in but i need more $/donations so I can buy it.

mikhailhanafi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2009 11:54
I can't seem to get the 3rd person or body scripts to work. I've got the modified gunspecs but ironsights don't work either.

Yes, the scripts are in main of the entity. They just seem to be shaking or vibrating in place.

Help?
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
plz can u make the 3rd person camera side movable?i need it to make shoulder view camera....i am releasing my game very soon so can you help me plz...i will donate when the whole 3rd person script will be done i mean when i will be able to look up and dont go ander the ground..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 23:15:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 23:15:44