Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Xara Mod - Official Thread: Kill3r7 BANNED

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2010 03:56
Can you post an update with the Test Game option?

Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 24th Feb 2010 05:03 Edited at: 24th Feb 2010 05:06
Its the version 1.6.5, you are a beta test, I can send you the version 1.6.4e.. with test game Only for view.

Edit: Version 1.6.5a Release (NoN final): 12 of march (My BirthDay)

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2010 05:09
Yeah, if you could do that it'd be great.

burneriza
User Banned
Posted: 24th Feb 2010 06:59
Dude post some screenshots of my segments to show off my skills and your mods power
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
yep thats right..

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2010 21:01 Edited at: 24th Feb 2010 21:15
EDIT: That problem solved.

New Problems:

• Frame rate needs capping. Racing around the level and reloading faster than the speed of light isn't always the best.

• Graphically, everything appears great, although some odd "shadows" occur which could be my fault. They are off alignment from the light, and are dark black with a very "pixelated" edge.

• Sky box needs to be rendered right. Attached is a picture which shows the problem itself.

• Gun sounds do not play all the way. Which very well could be an issue resulting in the frame rate needing capping.

Note: I haven't had time to mess with shaders yet, and was wondering how I could do that? What files/extensions would I need to make a segment and/or entity appear great? Such as parallax map, etc., and how do I name them so Xara Mod can read them?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 24th Feb 2010 21:23
Quote: "• Frame rate needs capping. Racing around the level and reloading faster than the speed of light isn't always the best. "

You can change the player speed for more "sense" of the movement.

Quote: "• Graphically, everything appears great, although some odd "shadows" occur which could be my fault. They are off alignment from the light, and are dark black with a very "pixelated" edge."

Problem fixed and change the shadows with more realism.

Quote: "• Sky box needs to be rendered right. Attached is a picture which shows the problem itself."

This problem its because I delete the tod system and the sky box. For only test.

Quote: "• Gun sounds do not play all the way. Which very well could be an issue resulting in the frame rate needing capping."

Well its not a problem of the frame rate cap, I try with 40 fps and I have the problem any way, Maybe with.. Airmod or something I can fix the problem, If any have the solution Tell me

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2010 21:30 Edited at: 24th Feb 2010 21:31
Wow thanks for the feedback man. How can I go about changing the player speed, and changing the shadows?

Please note: Changing the player's speed will not affect reload animations and character animations. This is a huge bug that needs to be fixed.

Also, as stated before, what files/how do I go about naming/setting up my segments so they look great in Xara Mod? Such as the photo below, how was this done?

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2010 21:37
I think you should do a timer system. That would fix the speed bug.

Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 24th Feb 2010 22:34
Yeah, I think I need a timer system, thanks. But I haven't this ^^.

AaronG: you need textures normal and displacement map for this. texture called for example: floor_d2.dds. Floor_d2_NORM.tga and Displacement Floor_d2_DISP.bmp and texture .cmat in this put this code

save and fun

Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
You can not only use "parallax"

If Kill3r7 hasnt changed anything, there is also:

- normal
- relief

... efxMod Developer!
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2010 23:04
Okay, so if I were to make a segment...the following textures are to be made and that's it. Applying a shader isn't involved?

Texture_D.dds
Texture_D2.dds
Texture_NORM.dds
Texture_DISP.dds

Quote: "...and texture .cmat in this put this code "objshader=parallax""

...and what did you mean by the above? I've never even heard of a .cmat type of file.

Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 24th Feb 2010 23:09 Edited at: 24th Feb 2010 23:10
enter in a editor of text and change .txt to .cmat or not work, and yes you can change objshader= to normal relief.. added the specular power on parallax

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2010 23:34
What do I call this ".cmat"? objshader.cmat?

Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 24th Feb 2010 23:35
your texture for example: floor_d2.cmat

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2010 23:44
So, I only need ONE cmat for each segment, and that being ONLY the _d2 texture? Or do I need a "cmat" for EACH texture involved in the segment, such as the Normal map, displacement map, occlusion map, etc.

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 00:15
Okay, I'm getting fed up haha.

I tried what I think you said... and here's the final result.
Horrible light mapping.

Attached is a .zip of the segment and it's files (which again, I think you said. The english is very unclear, no offense.)

If you could take a look at the files, and make necessary edits and re upload it to show what I did wrong, that'd be great.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 00:37 Edited at: 25th Feb 2010 00:37
Quote: "You can change the player speed for more "sense" of the movement."

Sorry, but the customer is always right, and the developer is certainly wrong in this instant. Every mod NEEDS a framerate cap or it won't work. You're just making excuses in the statement above.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 00:41
Every mod need frame rate cap, BUT my mod its NO necessary, I know sure you dont know much dbpro, This mod its not like the others. Use some commands for work without problems like "fastsync". Yeah my english its really unclear and its basic, Its not my natal language. AaronG: you haven't normal mapping or parallax in this scene, and its not lightmaps ^^. I back later, I start other time with the project for without some problems

burneriza
User Banned
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 01:05
Toasty Fresh is right, And Kill3r7 until you can fix all the bugs in Xara Mod, all this mod will be is eye candy.

Like I've Stated before in a msn chat, Try to add in scripting commands!
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 01:40
Quote: "Every mod need frame rate cap, BUT my mod its NO necessary, I know sure you dont know much dbpro, This mod its not like the others. Use some commands for work without problems like "fastsync"."

No, you are wrong. Every single mod I've ever used (and I've tried loads, believe me) that had an uncapped framerate was bloody awful in every aspect, nobody likes running through FPSC levels at the speed of Usain Bolt and reloading in an instant, then walking into a room and having the framerate drop to 4fps. It's a tad unimpressive.

Quote: "This mod its not like the others"

Yes it is. I've seen all this stuff before.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
burneriza
User Banned
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 01:51
Toast i believe you forgot to add in the fact that Kill3r7 is too cocky and that his mod will crash and burn.
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 02:43
Quote: "his mod will crash and burn."

It's not crashing and burning but it will be if he doesn't listen to our input.

Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 03:22
haha you was see dynamic shadows in other mod? tell me now.

Its not than others mods, obviusly its based on corvus mod but with new things added

DJ Almix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 03:27
Quote: "haha you was see dynamic shadows in other mod? tell me now.

Its not than others mods, obviusly its based on corvus mod but with new things added
"

There was in Blue mod and Efx, BUT, have you seen depth of field, lightrays, relief and parallax mapping, and the shadows are much higher quality.

Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 04:03 Edited at: 25th Feb 2010 04:18
Blue mod.. what its it?.

Efx haven't dynamic shadows, "Lightmaps" Yes, but not shadows dynamics.

other screen of the new ToD system.

Added improved SSAO blur on surfaces, entitys and others.

Edit: If any have any problems with the Mod, don't post negative about this, I can fix some bugs, but no others and you need understand

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 04:32
Bloom over kill.

Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 05:36 Edited at: 25th Feb 2010 08:06
Its because I was see the sky and work with eye adaption, you remember ^^ ?

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 10:06
That screenshot looks great but ingame it wouldn't be much fun.

I'm not even gonna consider downloading this until it gets a capped framerate. And Goblin's mod had really nice shadows too.

Can you try and understand? I don't just troll every single mod thread saying that it sucks and your english is pretty good so that doesn't bother me. I'm actually trying to help, this mod would be worth my download with a capped framerate.

Mark Klaver
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 10:22
Quote: "I'm not even gonna consider downloading this until it gets a capped framerate. And Goblin's mod had really nice shadows too.
"

You know.. this mod added a simple command in the setup.ini, wich can cap the frames, called max_fps=x.
Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 18:00
Thanks mark, And toasty fresh you can't understand no? if you can understand the problem its in the universe.dbo (its destroyed) and for this the chars and the weapons run fast, if I select the max fps the player run fast too, because of the universe. you understand now?

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 18:48
Lol, no we don't.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Me neither...

Kill3r7 - I also have massive speed issues with your mod.. I imagine that this is due to my PC getting a little old. I've never managed more that 10fps, while other mods run at a more or less steady 40fps regardless of size of level and more often than not the FPS drops so low on Xara mod that the engine stops working for several seconds. I do hope you listen to what people are saying on this thread as most are making very reasonable comments on your mod.

Secondly, could you please stop spamming the migration thread with comments about Xara mod, it's becoming a little annoying.
Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 19:42
Awww, First I not spamming the migration thread, the people talk bad about this and I need response this comments. Second If your pc its slow its not my problem, I haven't problems with my modification.

I need vacations, The mod now no stoped, its on construction but not news to a week.

Good luck,

The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 19:49
Okay.

Miguel Lobo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 19:55
I am having a blast reading this thread!
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 22:43
Quote: "You know.. this mod added a simple command in the setup.ini, wich can cap the frames, called max_fps=x. "

Well why the hell didn't he have the sense to say so?

Quote: "I am having a blast reading this thread! "

Cool

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 01:12
The mod sounds interesting in it's own right, but I have to say a few things about how you're handling things here.

You're being far too arrogant for your own good. Don't tell people that they don't know something or treat them as though they're too ignorant to understand. They aren't stupid. They know a problem when they see it and as the developer it is YOUR responsibility to see that the problem is fixed.

Quote: "Second If your pc its slow its not my problem, I haven't problems with my modification."

This is another one of your problems. You cannot make a piece of software that is only for high-end PCs. If the user has seen and used a similar feature in another Mod without the framerate issues, then it's obviously the fault of your mod and thus becomes your responsibility to fix.

Your situation seems to be beyond you right now. By taking up the corvus mod and using its source to create your own mod, you've picked up any problems that corvus had and it then becomes your responsibility to fix them when the users begin having issues with them. It's the same with any modder that picks up the official source for modding. They inherit any problems that the official release contained and it then becomes their responsibility to fix them (or wait for another release to come along and fix them, but since corvus is on hold or whatever, you don't have that to rely upon).

Don't treat your users as though they're incapable of understanding what's going on.

Quote: "toasty fresh you can't understand no? if you can understand the problem its in the universe.dbo (its destroyed) and for this the chars and the weapons run fast, if I select the max fps the player run fast too, because of the universe. you understand now?"

I think you're the one who doesn't understand here. The universe.dbo is just an object... nothing more. It does not control speed within the game. It never did and never will.
If your mod inherited the destruction of the universe.dbo object from corvus to allow for some other feature to function, then you still cannot escape the fact that it is your responsibility to fix whatever it is that it broke.

But, really, (from one arrogant s.o.b. to another) if your arrogance and ego don't dim to an acceptable level, then your mod and its influence around here will die off. No one wants to follow someone who treats users in that manner.

The one and only,

burneriza
User Banned
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 01:51
Plystire those are words best said by you.
Because you created a good amount of scripting capabilities
And You are 100% correct about Kill3r7's Ignorance and Arrogance.

-Burneriza
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 01:53
Quote: "And You are 100% correct about Kill3r7's Ignorance and Arrogance."

Yeah, and you dont need to be a parrot and repeat what he said. Let's just tie a noose around him and be done with it shall we?

Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 04:02
I'm on a cyber and I can responde some questions:

Quote: "And You are 100% correct about Kill3r7's Ignorance and Arrogance."

You was a beta tester, I send you all and I help you all times. And you response to me with this?. Ok no problem.

Quote: "I think you're the one who doesn't understand here. The universe.dbo is just an object... nothing more. It does not control speed within the game. It never did and never will."

The universe use the physics and calculate the universe, position and the player too I was test with the universe Normal and work without problems, ALL things.

Quote: "This is another one of your problems. You cannot make a piece of software that is only for high-end PCs. If the user has seen and used a similar feature in another Mod without the framerate issues, then it's obviously the fault of your mod and thus becomes your responsibility to fix."

This mod its for "Geforce 8600gt or more", I can't repair more the performance.

Quote: "I am having a blast reading this thread"

Because I'm from Argentina ? and I'm "Ignorant" In my country i repair more than 50 computers and I work with some important people Here.

If any people say more than my "EGO", I will retire for good.

You need understand please, I'm a good person, but I can't fix some problems impossibles.

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 04:56
He wasn't being racist, just by the way you're acting.

Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 05:30
Its not racist, I know. But some people hate my country.

Its possible not talk any more about this subject, and talk about my mod on my thread? Please

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 10:28 Edited at: 26th Feb 2010 10:29
Well I for one would like to talk about your mod. Can I remind you when I raised an issue this was your response?

Quote: "Second If your pc its slow its not my problem"

Quote: "This mod its for "Geforce 8600gt or more", I can't repair more the performance."

Well, that's quite frankly too much of a system requirement, Bioshock 2 doesn't even require that, and you can hardly expect people to use a mod which only runs on uber high-end machines. It sounds to me as if your blaming your lack of ability to improve performance on other peoples systems. Improving performance is not an impossibility, but it does require work.

I was trying to be helpful with comments about the speed issues but I don't think you want to listen, not only about problems but to advise on solutions.

This mod is simply to system hungry, that's a fact, this is not an insult, just a fact.
Miguel Lobo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 12:02
Well Well Well. It has nothing to do with racism or nationality, I love the world with no frontiers, internet, the cyberworld bla bla bla.
Just lighten up your spirit, do your thing and be nice to people. Some will use your mod, some wont, some will love it, other hate it. Thats life. Regarding the mod, I've tested it and enjoyed it, but no enemies, no gun no fun for me.
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 12:44
The only one that works to me is the one called Fps_creator_1.15.exe....but I can`t do any thing, just jump on bed

cheers.

learning every day
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 12:48
The only one that works to me, is the file Fps_creator_1.15.exe, but I can´t do any think but jump on bed.

cheers.

learning every day
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 12:48
I does´nt work to me

cheers.

learning every day
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 12:50
it doesn´t work to me...

cheers.

learning every day
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 12:54
Jesus, there is a reason we have an edit button around these parts.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 02:36:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 02:36:36