Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Xara Mod - Official Thread: Kill3r7 BANNED

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2010 21:58 Edited at: 6th May 2010 22:03
Quote: "To prove it was Kill3r7 you need 100% proof that it was him, simply saying it was him and your not sharing your methods isn't really enough"

Crime Scene Investigators don't share how they got every murderer to every citizen in town, do they?

C'mon, KeitC is a trusted, good man and he wouldn't just go ban people for the fun of banning. If he said it was Kill3r7 that did it, I believe him. There haven't come any discuss like this from any other banning, why is this one so special? I have trusted KeithC this far and I will, no banning is gonna change that. And couldn't Kill3r7 send email or something and say that something is wrong and he didn't do it.

Heimo Vesa ROCKS!!!!!
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2010 22:02
Quote: "Crime Scene Investigators don't share how they got every murderer to every citizen in town, do they?"

Yeah but that's murder and investigation methods should be kept secret if you wanna stay the top investigator. On the other hand this is piracy we are talking about, sharing methods are very handy to pick out more people who pirate.

Windows 7, Amd Athlon 7750 Black Editon (64 bit,3ghz + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2010 23:45
Quote: "Yeah but that's murder and investigation methods should be kept secret if you wanna stay the top investigator. On the other hand this is piracy we are talking about, sharing methods are very handy to pick out more people who pirate."

Yeah... If we where on any other forum! This forum is filled to the brim with techies, people who (in many cases) all they know is computers. For many potential pirates, if they ever found out a mods methods (especially since it's bound to be diabolically simple yet effective) that would be all they need to perpetuate their piracy... a way around the moderators all seeing eye. The fact that he's not telling us is so pirates don't just start finding loopholes to his methods. Mods are mods, we need to respect that! If ever corruption DOES become a legitimate issue, then maybe a revolt... but I find it just easier to leave. It's the internet, not a country... They're moderators not the government. I'm sorry, but get over it!

And I ask again: Who's going to take over the development of Xera Mod? If no one steps up, in the absence of Kill3r7, I formally request this to be locked!

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 00:10 Edited at: 7th May 2010 00:10
@Wraith Staff

Kill3r7 want's me to pass this message on :

Quote: "The mod is on developent, I'm uploading day per day the new shaders and other things from evolved, For more performance and better shadows etc. Don't Close or Lock this thread"

-------------------------------------------------

Quote: "This forum is filled to the brim with techies, people who (in many cases) all they know is computers. For many potential pirates, if they ever found out a mods methods (especially since it's bound to be diabolically simple yet effective) that would be all they need to perpetuate their piracy"

Very True statment

Windows 7, Amd Athlon 7750 Black Editon (64 bit,3ghz + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 7th May 2010 01:40
Quote: "Don't Close or Lock this thread"

A stupid banned pirate cant tell us what to do about his thread.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 02:30 Edited at: 7th May 2010 02:31
Quote: "A stupid banned pirate cant tell us what to do about his thread."

Um... kinda, yeah. Xera is a community mod and as long as development continues, there is no reason to lock this thread (except that it's become a flamewar )

Though I do feel that calling him stupid is a bit childish. You complain about people calling you things a lot milder than that... in fact, you're quite opinionated about matters that I'm not sure that you fully comprehend, but there is still free speech and I don't pretend to have the power or right to take that away from you... What I do wish is that if you (or anyone, for that matter) are going to complain about name-calling for you and your friends, don't have a double standard. Hypocrisy does nothing for your self-image or respectability.

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to attack you (before you bring it up, as you tend to do) OR defend him... I'm just saying that it may be better to hold everyone at an equal standard (however high or low that may be) and if you remember (being the devout Christian you say you are) that's what the golden rule is all about...

But before I get banned for starting another highly UNINTENDED riot...

CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT XERA MOD!?! If Xera is still in development does Kill3r7 have a liaison or someone who can be given control of this thread and will be given the new versions to be distributed? Obviously, HE can't do it himself! If you're in contact with him, Bigsnake will that be you?

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "A stupid banned pirate cant tell us what to do about his thread."

Simply, i think thats rude and thats offensive, since Fede (Kill3r7) is my friend, i feel really angry with you right now, if you treat him like that again,Ill start a flamewar, and i dont think you will be possible to end it, just a warning, i like to take care of my pals and that kind of words are just rude, you wouldnt want someone saying

"Ahh, look at the STUPID GJ with his exclamations that has no sense on his GC store thread...like "GET THIS AWESOME HIGH POLY SINK FOR 100000 POINTS!, i can see the poly lines there.."

Im not saying that, just an example of a friend that said it...
well..he really got like...i like your models..he doesnt..what are we going to do?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now lets talk about Xara Mod

I would love to see some new shaders on guns...you know and on chars.. with the new LIGHT sys. this might be achieved, ill be contacting Fede about it soon

Wouldnt be great to have different shaders for each part of the body (Example:for a machete, Blade with Coz Shader in HIGH, for the hands, Coz Shader in LOW

burneriza
User Banned
Posted: 7th May 2010 02:39
i talked to kill3r7 alot i'll ask if i could be public relations for the mod .
. unless bigsnake wants to.

-Burneriza
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 03:24 Edited at: 7th May 2010 03:25
Ummm, are you guys serious? Let's talk about Xara mod? Or am I talking to a bunch of children here, which may very well be the case.

Quote: "Kill3r7 want's me to pass this message on :

Quote: "The mod is on developent, I'm uploading day per day the new shaders and other things from evolved, For more performance and better shadows etc. Don't Close or Lock this thread""

He was banned for sharing MY model pack. Do you really think he is going to be able to continue using this forum vicariously through someone else passing on his wishes? Both Keith and Lee Bamber agreed on his ban. They owe no one else an explanation on their methods.

----------------------------------------
"bond1 - You see this name, you think dirty."
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 03:27 Edited at: 7th May 2010 03:28
Correct bond how ever that does not stop him from developing it unless you took a law suit on him and had him arrested. This thread could get locked down, but someone else would start it with his work.

**edit**

Bigsnake as him if he is still working on this mod for x10. Could really use some new additions now that our legend modder budokaiman is busy with air mod.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 03:44 Edited at: 7th May 2010 03:44
Quote: "Bigsnake as him if he is still working on this mod for x10"

Or how about you send him an email OUTSIDE of this forum.

Honestly, I would think you and others would stop talking about this mod out of respect for me. I've been here supporting FPSC and being an active part of this community since 2005. This pirate is a "johnny-come-lately" who joined in 2009, and was caught pirating a well-established member's model pack.

Have a little respect for me, to continue talking about this mod IN THIS FORUM is a slap in my face.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 7th May 2010 04:02 Edited at: 7th May 2010 04:04
Quote: "I'm just saying that it may be better to hold everyone at an equal standard (however high or low that may be)"

No, I dont think calling him stupid is innapropriate.
And i also dont hold him to the standard of non-pirates.
He is STEALING bonds money by uploading it.
Simple as that.

Quote: "imply, i think thats rude and thats offensive, since Fede (Kill3r7) is my friend, i feel really angry with you right now, if you treat him like that again,Ill start a flamewar, and i dont think you will be possible to end it, just a warning, i like to take care of my pals and that kind of words are just rude, you wouldnt want someone saying

"Ahh, look at the STUPID GJ with his exclamations that has no sense on his GC store thread...like "GET THIS AWESOME HIGH POLY SINK FOR 100000 POINTS!, i can see the poly lines there.."

Im not saying that, just an example of a friend that said it...
well..he really got like...i like your models..he doesnt..what are we going to do?
"

Typical response of a pirate
{edit} and i dont give a hoot about what your silly friend said about my sink. Doesnt bother me in the slightest.
The only difference is you havent been caught yet.

Quote: "Have a little respect for me, to continue talking about this mod IN THIS FORUM is a slap in my face."

Good for you Bond.
Could you add me on MSN or Yahoo Messenger? I need to talk to you.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 04:05
No I absolutely respect you bond. I think I speak for both communities on this. Your media is godsend and so are your prices. And your points are legitiment 100%. But x10 is in a bad position right now, if you have not already. I would look at the migration thread. I figured if he worked on x10 code he could make up a super small percentage of his crime (and I am talking like 0.00000000001%) I belive keithC when he said he found out. The logic is there. If he had his IP he is screwed. But I understand where you come from as a developer of such art. I will agree with you 100% however, and say lock the thread. Or have someone new take over.

burneriza
User Banned
Posted: 7th May 2010 04:13
Quote: "
Have a little respect for me, to continue talking about this mod IN THIS FORUM is a slap in my face."

Sorry bond, but the mod had nothing to with this and if it pisses you off so much then dont read this thread.

-Burneriza
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 04:15 Edited at: 7th May 2010 04:18
A message to all those, who want to continue Kill3r7 to work on this mod:

No matter what community (virtual or RL) there is always a grade of wrong behaviour(which differs from community to community) for which members loose all priviliges. These priviliges include working for the community.

Of course in RL this is not always executed as it should - but generally (to take a quite harmless example) no one is interested in charity fundraising by a convicted thief.

In a game designer/modeler community ACTIVE pirating is probably the most serious of offenses because it can destroy the whole community. If shoplifting would be widely tolerated, one day all shops would be closed - and if pirating in this community would be tolerated, one day no one would make anymore Model Packs.

In my (personal)world we dont need gifts from shoplifters - and we need no mods or models from pirates.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 04:21
Quote: "Sorry bond, but the mod had nothing to with this and if it pisses you off so much then dont read this thread."

but this is bonds business. Someone pirated his media, which he spent I am sure days working on to give it to his fellow game makers at a price that a homeless man cant argu about. Pirating even in my country is illegal. Bond technically has the right to sue kill3r for that. Though keithC would have to give out his method (lol) which he does not seem to want to do because bond needs evidence.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 04:34
Quote: "Simply, i think thats rude and thats offensive, since Fede (Kill3r7) is my friend, i feel really angry with you right now, if you treat him like that again,Ill start a flamewar, and i dont think you will be possible to end it, just a warning, i like to take care of my pals and that kind of words are just rude, you wouldnt want someone saying"

Oh wow. Tough guy on the internet. Never seen any of those before.

And he deserves all the offensive messages he gets.

This needs a lock.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 04:41 Edited at: 7th May 2010 04:46
Thought Id edit Bond1, I love reducing things to the bare minimalist essentials, to reduce to its lowest denominator, in doing so it gives greater clarity.

Quote: "Bond1
stop talking about
respect for me
pirate is a "johnny-come-lately"
pirating a well-established member
respect for me
to continue talking - a slap in my face"

The ego is showing again Bond1, of course I do understand your anger, you was out of pocket before you even began selling those models, it cant be easy willfully being inducted by
ESRB
he's our bee
so you can be - berated, I mean be rated. Its not good to be a worker bee, and all bee 'Z'- bzzzz and get all your nectar points stolen.

If this person did upload then I do indeed think that is very, very, bad, we are not talking large wealthy corporations, we are talking ordinary people, it amazes me really, how quick the masses turn on each other, in fact I think they readily do it, just look at iPhone apps, the things cost under a dollar in a lot of cases, but pirate them they do in droves, perhaps its the lack of god factor, the public love to bay at their idols, while willfully kicking there own kind.

Looking at this reasonably, if he is guilty he is guilty of the crime and that crime ONLY, which, has been punished, his other endeavours are not related and are therefore of no consequence.

And a last note Bond1, you sell your tangibles here, not support the community, they support you, all be it equal fare trade, I do sympathise with your position, but lets not be building your cross just yet.

teamhalo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 04:56
This user was banned for piracy , this mod belonged to the now banned member. Sorry guys no more mod.

Moderator please lock this out of respect for modelers everywhere that have to deal with piracy.

Come Listen to my free music!
NEW EMAIL: tony.gaglio@yahoo.com
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 05:02 Edited at: 7th May 2010 05:05
I do have massive respect for both you and your work, bond1. I guess I just separated the user from the mod. Kill3r7 is a criminal, end of story. He is a thief and a pirate and he stole from one of the most valued members that the TGC community has to offer... but he should be (for lack of a better word) hated for what he did not what he would or could have done and certainly not with schoolyard titles or taunts. No matter what anyone does, we don't have the right to slander, libel or defimate (which name-calling IS a form of) another human being, criminal or not.

Though, I do stand by the fact that keeping this thread open is spitting in bond1's face as it were and though I still feel that Xera could be a great asset to FPSC, out of respect for my fellow community member (and I'd like to say colleague ) and his contributions; I really wish to see this locked!

We are a community first and foremost and keeping that intact should be the main goal (though we lost sight of that for a bit)... there will be better mods but there are few members as valuable (in many ways ) as bond1

(sorry 'bout that, man)

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Gj, i dont pirate, and your acussation even angers me more..just stop talking to me, and people lets talk about Xara mod for a change :S

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 06:16 Edited at: 7th May 2010 06:31
@fallen one: For some reason and I'm not sure why, you don't like me. You like to pop in out of nowhere and tear me down. You tell me I have a big ego. You've called into question my expertise in modelling. You've told me that I'm just a "big fish in a small pond".

Quote: "And a last note Bond1, you sell your tangibles here, not support the community, they support you,"

Yes that's true. But it's not fair to paint me a greedy "hawker" only interested in making money off the community. I don't just pop in here every 6 months with a new model pack without showing any videos, mabye a couple screenshots, then disappear. I've tried to actively participate and contribute knowledge my entire time here. And I've constantly tried to move FPSC forward in my own way.

I just wanted to make a point that the community should rally behind established members, not tear them down, while alienating the kind of people who would pirate a model pack. To hammer home the message that as a community we don't tolerate this kind of behavior.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 06:33
OK; first off: General Jackson and Coltfang are on a 2 day post-moderation slap, for obvious reasons. Any flame-wars started will be ended by me, I guarantee you that.

I just came home from work. Let me tell you what a typical day at work is for me.

When I get to work each day, there is usually some paper on the counter that tells us what happened that day (as far as people "acting" up); we used to have pre-shift, but the State Government took that away to "save money". So now we usually go into the Prison blind.

One of the first things I deal with is a bunch of grown-up "kids" that want everything right away...when I haven't even gotten situated yet. Then I have to walk around and try to catch the criminals...being criminals. Which usually means they are stealing something, setting fire to a part of a building (happens a lot), stabbing or beating someone, making homemade alcohol (spud), and occasionally insulting and/or assaulting another officer. Sometimes we'll have a combination of the above happening at once; with a ratio of 1 officer for every 50-60 inmates. At my Prison, it's open-bay setting...so no bars or any way to lock them down. We have offenders who have done some heinous crimes: murderers, rapists and thieves....and much worse. I walk within inches of them every day, carrying only a radio, keys and cuffs on me. No mace, no club, no weapon at all. Help would come, but by the time it did, I'd be dead. There is no death sentence in Michigan, so someone doing life (which is natural life, not 30 years) could kill me...without much happening to them.

I do this nearly everyday. I work the 2-10 shift, so I hardly get to see my family at all.

I tell you this, so that you can realize what I think about when I read some of the statements above. It amazes me how tolerant I am sometimes; but that's just how I am....even to the murderers.

I suppose what I'm trying to get at, is that I don't dwell on any one issue for too long. I deal with it, then I move on. Occasionally I have to revisit something, but that is rare. I don't act on impulse; I get other people involved and do research. Am I always right? I don't believe so. Am I wrong in this case? I don't believe so.

As far as this Mod, and the Mod's thread; as far as I'm concerned, the community has a vested interest. So it will remain open, so long as it doesn't get out of control. I will moderate when need be; but if that doesn't work...it will get shut down.

I am now running on about 7 hours of sleep in almost 3 days. So if I'm not making a whole lot of sense, I'll step back later and re-read everything. Being extremely sleepy isn't a good thing, when you work inside a prison.

On a last note; I would like the bickering and demeaning comments to stop. You are a community of like-minded people....start acting like it.

-Keith
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 06:36
fallen one, why does it always feel like you only seem to show up in threads for the sole purpose of berating another member? All you're doing here is saying "Oh, here, let me slap you in the face for a second. Please don't get angry at me for it, though, I really DO respect you." That's not okay, that's not an opinion, that is nothing more than a pestering poke on someone who's already upset.

ColtFang, your petty childish threats don't work here. This is the Internet. No body cares if you get angry. They just push a button and you go away. Mmhmmm, you sure showed US.

How about we just lock this thread due to the amount of flame being tossed around and get it over with? Jeez.

The one and only,

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 06:42
Well said Bond1...

I personally think Bond1 is a great person. He has his valued member badge for a reason! He is great at 3D Modeling, animated etc. Its a little thing in this world called a hobby. He likes to show his hobby and he likes to sell his work. I don't see anything wrong with that. You don't always have to give free stuff out. Yes it is generous but just because you sell your work doesn't mean he is a greedy person out to get your money... Media like bond1's media is great. It should be sold. Man if it was free he would be MEGA V.I.P. He works hard on his hobby and wants to sell it.

I am not sure of the full story but Kill3r obviously gave a free copy away Bond 1's Model packs! Piracy is wrong!

Don't worry Bond I got your back.

- Gorlock
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
If it's a community mod; someone in the community should start a new thread.

Neither Bond1 or KeithC should have to explain themselves here...
Stealing from fellow community members is just plain stupid and anyone so inclined would be better-off taking a curry-dump on their own pillow.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 09:43 Edited at: 7th May 2010 09:46
edited: didn't see Keith's post saying this could stay open.. so unlocked...

Your signature has been [mod edited] :-p
Sven
Years of Service
User Offline
why is everybody so angry? Just speak normal to eachother and show some respect to other forum members (maybe pirates or TC store sellers).

I do not want to interfere me in this fight, I only need to say this text.

I was banned for 3 weeks for illegal 3dsmax software, but i've send a mail to the mod to apologize. He sayd that I was honest and i only get 3 weeks a ban.

This is a good, honest and civilized way to reporting piracy, isn't it?

cheers from holland!
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 12:34 Edited at: 7th May 2010 12:54
Quote: " fallen one: And a last note Bond1, you sell your tangibles here, not support the community, they support you, all be it equal fare trade, I do sympathise with your position, but lets not be building your cross just yet.
"

Doing Model Packs for FPSC is definitely not a way to get rich. I am in a lot of modding/model/game design communities and everyone with some insight in the game business will tell you that to make a living out of it, you have to work for the industry not for the end-user oriented market. After TGC and uncle same had their share, selling model packs (or store models) is not much more than pocket money. spending the same hours one is working on FPSC stuff behind a McDonalds counter would probably bring more.

I don't know where you live pal but on *my* planet its common to be thankfull even for things you pay for. I paided for a copy of STALKER and I am still thankfull that someone did create such an awesome game. I pay regularily to see my favourite footballclub play and still I applaud and cheer the guys although they all earn more in a year than I will in a lifetime. And I cant wait to pay for the next ticket to see my favourite rock group and I'll be SO thankfull they visit my hometown.

Without bond1 we would probably have no zombie games and since they make about 90% of all games created with FPSC...well, you should get the picture.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Sven
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "1.
Doing Model Packs for FPSC is definitely not a way to get rich. I am in a lot of modding/model/game design communities and everyone with some insight in the game business will tell you that to make a living out of it, you have to work for the industry not for the end-user oriented market. After thegamecreators and uncle same had their share, selling model packs (or store models) is not much more than pocket money. spending the same hours one is working on FPSC stuff behind a McDonalds counter would probably bring more.

I don't know where you live pal but on *my* planet its common to be thankfull even for things you pay for. I paided for a copy of STALKER and I am still thankfull that someone did create such an awesome game. I pay regularily to see my favourite footballclub play and still I applaud and cheer the guys although they all earn more in a year than I will in a lifetime. And I cant wait to pay for the next ticket to see my favourite rock group and I'll be SO thankfull they visit my hometown.

Without bond1 we would probably have no zombie games and since they make about 90% of all games created with FPSC...well, you should get the picture."

this is a nice post!

cheers from holland!
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 14:13
My opinion:

This thread has gone down in flames for, to be honest, no reason.

@Bond1

You know I respect you, you are an amazing person who does so much, but you can't say to close down a thread because they pirated your media.

@EAI

Yes, I think that would be best. Lock this thread, and if the community really likes this mod, then they can start a new thread.

@fallen one

Quit putting others down.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 15:13
I cant see why people doesn't learn. In the end someone will always find out if you do something illegal.

charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 15:55
HOW ABOUT STOP TALKING ABOUT THE DAMN BAN AND GET ON TOPIC?!

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 15:56
Quote: "I don't know where you live pal but on *my* planet its common to be thankfull even for things you pay for. I paided for a copy of STALKER and I am still thankfull that someone did create such an awesome game. I pay regularily to see my favourite footballclub play and still I applaud and cheer the guys although they all earn more in a year than I will in a lifetime. And I cant wait to pay for the next ticket to see my favourite rock group and I'll be SO thankfull they visit my hometown."

That is actually a very good quote, one of the most intelligent I've seen in a while.
Sven
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "HOW ABOUT STOP TALKING ABOUT THE DAMN BAN AND GET ON TOPIC?!"

YES

cheers from holland!
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 16:02
Quote: "HOW ABOUT STOP TALKING ABOUT THE DAMN BAN AND GET ON TOPIC?!"

Dude, the guy who made the mod is banned... Somehow that makes me think this mod is dead.
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 16:32 Edited at: 7th May 2010 16:34
Quote: ""HOW ABOUT STOP TALKING ABOUT THE DAMN BAN AND GET ON TOPIC?!""

The mod creator was banned for piracy, and that's what the current discussion here has been about. I'd say things are pretty much on topic, and I'd assume the discussion regarding the subject is one of the reasons the mods have decided to keep the thread open for the time being.

Quote: "I just wanted to make a point that the community should rally behind established members, not tear them down"

Whoa, dejavoo. Anyway, bond1 and Errant, I've sent both of you an email regarding your GCS weapons and other assets being uploaded and given away on another FPS Creator forum. Even the moderators there have been handing out our commercial assets as contest prizes. It's the same website I've been talking to with the BSA; trying to get something done about it. Not gonna turn down a few extra hands.

Kravenwolf

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 17:22 Edited at: 7th May 2010 17:25
Quote: "but you can't say to close down a thread because they pirated your media."

Then what was the point of banning him, if he is still allowed to continue this thread here? I don't get it.

He has every right to continue the mod outside of this forum. But I thought when a member was banned, they forfeit the privelage to participate in this community. So I really don't understand why this thread remains open. Why ban him, but then say "carry on as you were"?

Cloner
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I am now running on about 7 hours of sleep in almost 3 days. So if I'm not making a whole lot of sense, I'll step back later and re-read everything"

Understood, but that should not mean the rest of us are going without sleep, and should keep from helping a mod who is decidedly tired.

Keith apparently kept this thread open because he thought (in a mentally tired condition) that some time should be taken before any final decision. Why? Because he thought
Quote: "As far as this Mod, and the Mod's thread; as far as I'm concerned, the community has a vested interest"

I think what he was thinking was that the WIP of some members can be affected if the thread is shut down.

I think people who have xara mod deeply involved in their WIP should already have personal contact of the author of the mod and can contact him individually and personally for help and guidance if they feel they need it. It is their individual interest and not community interest, though they are good members of the fpsc community.

The author of the mod was banned for stealing bond1's labor and diluting its value. Should we as a community continue to use the fruits of labor of the banned member?

It's not a question of whether we can, but should we continue to enjoy the labor of a banned member, because he had given it freely to the community when he was part of us?

In what way then would we be better than scavengers?

My personal opinion is that this community (as a community)cannot continue to have any vested interest in the mod, if we prefer to maintain a higher moral ground.

Individuals who like the mod author and want his help have the right to do so in their personal spheres,but it would become part of their social backyard. We do not expose our social backyards to the public and do not allow the public to enter our social backyards. This is the way of civilized society.

So, this thread should not continue because we cannot in public discuss the use of something whose creator has been banned by us. Because the moderator ultimately is working for the community and therefore derives his authority from the community. When a moderator bans a person it tantamounts to the community banning that person. Equitably, the community should not continue to have vested interest in the labor of the banned person.

The link to the mod is still working allowing newcomers, if they wish so, to download xara mod. This to me is inequitable.

When parents expel a son from the family because of his crimes and sins, the family does not continue to enjoy the personal property of the expelled member. That is the rule in my community. But my community is more spiritual and ancient tradition based than the western world, though I have often found common values.

I have expressed my thoughts, and hope that KeithC would re read this and take a reasonable decision.

Still moving in circles.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 18:20 Edited at: 7th May 2010 18:24
Alright. I allowed this thread to remain open mostly to let everyone finish venting about the subject. This thread will be closed, as it will continue to degenerate if allowed to remain open.

If the Community wants this Mod to continue, I suggest you find a common ground; nominate a (non-banned) member to head up a new thread on a different site, and go from there.

Something to take away from all this....

If you are caught uploading/downloading/sharing/stealing, or otherwise engaged in illegal activity here; you will be found out, and you will be gone.

There is no excuse for Piracy.

Let me say that again...

There is no excuse for Piracy.

It's morally wrong, it's illegal, and it's stupid. There is no justifying it. People who think otherwise have no place here, find another home.

There is a "cleansing" coming soon. This community needs to be brought together, not torn apart. This is not to say that we shouldn't have different thoughts and opinions; but some matters are black and white. Trying to "stick it" to the big companies is not an excuse; if you don't like their practices, then don't use their property...there are plenty of alternatives. Trying to "stick it" to the small developers is even worse, and a slap in all our faces.

I've had enough, and many others have had enough.

-Keith
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 18:40
Flame

This thread has been locked due to the unmanageable number of flame responses. Please refer to section 3.11 - 3.12 of the Acceptable Usage Policy for full details:

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?gf=aup#forum

AUP Section 3.17 ...Moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of these terms, along with generally accepted netiquette standards, and can take action against those who violate these rules.

If you contributed to the reason for locking, you may now find yourself on moderation, or in extreme cases a ban.

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 11:50:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 11:50:26